• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Skinwalker Ranch Roundtable Show

2: So many times I have heard of buzzing noises just prior to weird events and I can tell you from first hand experience that the most powerful of hallucinogens have the same buzzing noises announcing the arrival of the other-worldly experiences. Ibogaine for sure has that and so does DMT. And we are not talking the hallucinations that people routinely and incorrectly attribute to LSD. LSD just does not really cause the full-on technicolor I-am-living-the-Lord-of-the-Rings experience in which you are totally removed from our perception of day to day life.
So is the buzzing a coincidence or is it a symptom of the brain transiting from normal input to a vastly different experiential input?

You might find this essay interesting:

Her Sweet Murmur, by Greg Taylor

There are many exceedingly strange experiences which happen to humans, from interactions with paranormal entities and unidentified objects, to near-death encounters. These are often grouped together under the title of 'boundary experiences,' sometimes 'Forteana,' and sometimes simply as 'the paranormal.' But this grouping is generally one of convenience, and each element of this group is, for the most part, considered to be a separate area. However, this may not necessarily be the case, as a scan of the literature, and individual experiences, will attest.
In order to explore the topic with some precision, I would like to concentrate on one particular aspect of boundary experiences — the sounds heard by experiencers which accompany the phenomenon. Cross-referencing these seemingly disparate experiences via their aural aspects yields surprising results, with implications that are quite staggering for our modern conception of reality.

Continue reading.

1. How many years ago can the first traces of the story of the Skinwalker be found?
When I was researching Stalking the Tricksters one of my main characters that I wanted to research were the shadowy skinwalkers. I borrowed a rare book that contained academic and scientific papers about Native American occult societies and their beliefs. I seem to recall mentions of "skinwalkers" first appearing around the turn of the century. There were a couple of papers from the 1920s and 1940s that went into some detail (if memory serves me correct).
2. This might have been explained, but I wanted to ask again....Were the average amount of stories more malignant or benign?
Skinwalkers seem to have become more sinister and negative as the years have passed. Initially (it would seem) they were black magician warriors fighting on behalf of the community then, as time passed, they became more mercenary and amoral and ready to do harm if they were hired and paid. As time has passed they have become more powerful as a result of the superstitious beliefs that have been ascribed to them by the native populations.
3. Is there any video taken of this creature or any of the happenings on the Ranch? If so, where can they be found....YouTube as an example, but are they actually from the Ranch and do you or any of your associates confirm their authenticity.
Alien Dave has a couple of videos and a bunch of stills from the ranch. The only footage I've heard of was allegedly a cell phone video shot by an Ute kid (in Dec 09) of the dog-man creature leaping from rooftop to rooftop up the road in Ft Duchesne. I have not been able to corroborate this.

Also, a must read is Terry Sherman's last public interview "The Ranch From Hell" conducted by my mentor David Perkins in 1996.

That is exactly what the ranch forces us to think. Question is: is that what we are wanted to think, when it is not the case?

@Red_pill - I had not heard of that and it is exactly what I am talking about. Many thanks for putting that up, it's the very reason I come here - the links and ideas I get from others adds to my sum total knowledge and thinking on these amazing topics and I hope I can do the same for others from time to time.

Ryan: J. Vallee suggested that this form of sentience is subtle, ruthless, and possesses a tremendous sense of humor. Would you consider his assessment as fair? After all, the light spheres presenting themselves behind the security guards for your amusement, I found somewhat humorous.

Frank Salisbury, a former NASA scientist and a bishop in the Mormon church, left his research for almost two decades, losing his objectivity due to the phenomena occurring in the Uintah Basin.

On one different note, and with respect to your attempted film documentation. Jamie McDowell an award winning journalist, having been stationed in Iraq, and by no means a stranger to adversity, underwent counseling after attempting to film an energetic sphere in which knocked herself and fellow researcher, Jack Peters to the ground. As there is more to this story, from last account, McDowell stated that she was in the possession of footage in which she refuses to view. All of this occurred in the Oregon coastal mountain region. She related the same puzzling problems as yourself, and many others have, in respect to their photography equipment. Have you thought about photographing with older style film cameras?

In my opinion, both Chris and yourself presented your research, and encounters very well. Chris was able to fill in many unanswered questions that had eluded me, in respect to his initial involvement with the Sherman Family.

FYI, for anyone interested, there is an archived interview with Frank Salisbury here on the Paracast. He speaks to what is being discussed on this thread.

Re. flying orbs, one of the most interesting parts in Greg Bishop's book Project Beta —which in case you haven't read AMAZON IT NOW, MAN!— is how Bill Moore once went to visit Paul Bennewitz at his home in Albuquerque, and inside the house he observed a bluish sphere of light. Startled by it, he questioned Paul, who responded very nonchalantly as if it were no biggie "Oh yeah, they appear once in a while."

Bill tried to touch the orb, which immediately contracted & disappeared as if it were the image of an old television set turn off. He never found an explanation for it.

pb.jpg

I loved that episode because it goes against all the criticism Greg has received for Project Beta, who accuse him of popularizing the idea that the whole Bennewitz affair was entirely related to secret programs conducted at Kirtland AFB. It also goes to show that the story of Paul Bennewitz is much richer and complex than what the debunkers and the true believers would like us to think.

*Sigh* if only Bigelow was willing to invest in bringing Project Beta to the silver screen ;)

Speaking to your post which included Greg Taylor’s essay. During the hypnagogic state a person will experience some of the impressions which have been outlined in his essay. That is music, voices, singing, instruments, etc.

Speaking to your post which included Greg Taylor’s essay. During the hypnagogic state a person will experience some of the impressions which have been outlined in his essay. That is music, voices, singing, instruments, etc.

Indeed, there are a lot of weird perceptual aberrations which will unleash the most unexpected results.

As a matter of fact, Sir Greg of Taylor —high knight of the Daily Grail— just included this post, which might advance the discussion re. sensory perceptions during liminal experiences:

What Hallucinations Reveal About Our Minds

In this fascinating TED-Talk, neurologist and author Oliver Sacks discusses Charles Bonnett syndrome, a strange condition where visually impaired people experience lucid hallucinations.
Our good friend Paul Devereux has written on this topic previously, in Darklore Volume 1 and Fortean Times, and you can find a version of his article at Brainwaving.com. It's a personal story involving a friend of Paul's that suffered from Charles Bonnet syndrome, which got him thinking about the 'reality' of our perceptions:

"The Charles Bonnet Syndrome is merely an observation, not an explanation, so what exactly causes these hallucinations? On that subject the medical literature becomes less helpful, and it is clear, even admitted, that no one really knows. I could buy the idea that patches of light in the central visual region could be related to pathological conditions in the macula, and could cause people and writing to apparently disappear intermittently, but faces at the window, and people dressed in various costumes walking toward churches or driving vehicles or holding street parties seem more of a push. This was especially the case for me in that I was also aware that people claiming to encounter spirits, whether psychic mediums or ordinary individuals in spontaneous cases, tend to report seeing them in their peripheral vision rather than directly, “head on”. I could not help but wonder with these macular degeneration visions whether we were dealing with hallucinations or spirits or some subtle level of perception between them both."

(Continue reading)

So I guess the logical conclusion one is to reach, is that we're in a constant process of inventing the world inside our heads. And this invention is by no means novel! In fact it is the end result of a slow conditioning process starting in our infancy —which is also the time we are still allowed to have 'imaginary friends' and other types of non-consensual interpretations of reality, but later in life we must abandon those habits, lest we wish to invite the men with white coats and restraining jackets ;)

It also reminds me of Carlos Castañeda's books, and how one of the 1st great feats any 'sorcerer's apprentice' is to accomplish, is the act of 'stopping the world'. Once you do that, you're free to step into a separate reality, as equally valid as our perceptions in an ordinary state of consciousness.

A_separate_reality.jpg

Who knows. Maybe there's something in the Skinwalker ranch which makes 'stopping the world' much more easy... even if you don't want to.

This story has all of the trappings that drew people to area 51 and even more. Secrecy.The NSA and other govt. involvment, orbs,triangle ufos, little people,animals that morph. Interested billionares...whew! All I could find on youtube were grainy videos of the ranch and a few lights. The secrecy alone will keep this thing going for years to come I'm sure.

The one thing that strikes me as most noticable with this case as opposed to many others is the VARIETY of the supposed,proported sightings. I mean we get it all in this one, even little knomes lol. If I sound slightly skeptical I guess I am. This is like the smorgasborg of the paranormal here!!

If it is true, then the one thing standing out to me is that this could prove a common thread to the sheer variety we classify as paranormal. One source, many different kinds of sightings that are usually segregated by themselves in other instances are all together here. What does that say about the nature of what we're dealing with? Is the same guy behind the curtain on all of it??

Good observations, we're discussing this exact topic in a manner that is non-specific to the Skinwalker Ranch case on a separate thread here: ATECH ( Alien Technology ) May Explain Paranormal Phenomena. Your input would be most welcome there as well.

The whole NSA angle to me is both interesting and throws up some flags to me as well.

I just don't know why the NSA would disclose themselves in a paystub. That is not how an intelligence agency does business. That seemed weird to me. Also when Chip said there were no cameras there. Really? The NSA is paying people to be there, but there are no cameras? That makes literally no sense.

Regardless if they are involved or not they know who "Chip" is and anyone else talking about this.

Stellar Wind (code name) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@cottonzway;
It does seem reasoonable that NSA, and the other alphabet agencies, have resorted to being "open" in their paystubs. It is just possible that the realities of life have caught up with them and since these employees do need to report to the IRS about their earnings and it is just too expensive to set up those fake "middle" organizations maybe the NSA is going straight.

And I agree, the methods of isolating just "who" Chip really is are well developed skills for the likes of the NSA, CIA, or FBI.

The whole NSA angle to me is both interesting and throws up some flags to me as well.

I just don't know why the NSA would disclose themselves in a paystub. That is not how an intelligence agency does business. That seemed weird to me. Also when Chip said there were no cameras there. Really? The NSA is paying people to be there, but there are no cameras? That makes literally no sense.

Regardless if they are involved or not they know who "Chip" is and anyone else talking about this.

That is incorrect. I have a paystub that gives the address of 'Hubble Road, Cheltenham' which indicates it is GCHQ, the UK equivalent of NSA. If you work for an agency, you tend to know about it so why they would hide a paystub from someone who works for them?

That is incorrect. I have a paystub that gives the address of 'Hubble Road, Cheltenham' which indicates it is GCHQ, the UK equivalent of NSA. If you work for an agency, you tend to know about it so why they would hide a paystub from someone who works for them?

Because likely you weren't contracting for them to work on a site that was purchased to do paranormal research on it. Why would they want their name attached to something like that? How easy it to give the contract to a private military contracting firm instead?

@cottonzway;
It does seem reasoonable that NSA, and the other alphabet agencies, have resorted to being "open" in their paystubs. It is just possible that the realities of life have caught up with them and since these employees do need to report to the IRS about their earnings and it is just too expensive to set up those fake "middle" organizations maybe the NSA is going straight.

And I agree, the methods of isolating just "who" Chip really is are well developed skills for the likes of the NSA, CIA, or FBI.

Like I said in the other comment, it makes no sense to attach themselves to something so wild like being attached to a place that is conducting paranormal research to it. It would be very easy to contract this to a private firm instead of having their name attached to it. That seems lazy and against national security, which is not how they do business.

We cannot always know the reasons why such an agency might have anything to do with such a place as the ranch. But, the Bigelow Aerospace connection is more than enough for Govt to take an interest.

Also, whether anyone believes in Remote Viewing or not - nobody is questioning that the military and CIA were involved.

Ryan: J. Vallee suggested that this form of sentience is subtle, ruthless, and possesses a tremendous sense of humor. Would you consider his assessment as fair? After all, the light spheres presenting themselves behind the security guards for your amusement, I found somewhat humorous.

Frank Salisbury, a former NASA scientist and a bishop in the Mormon church, left his research for almost two decades, losing his objectivity due to the phenomena occurring in the Uintah Basin.

On one different note, and with respect to your attempted film documentation. Jamie McDowell an award winning journalist, having been stationed in Iraq, and by no means a stranger to adversity, underwent counseling after attempting to film an energetic sphere in which knocked herself and fellow researcher, Jack Peters to the ground. As there is more to this story, from last account, McDowell stated that she was in the possession of footage in which she refuses to view. All of this occurred in the Oregon coastal mountain region. She related the same puzzling problems as yourself, and many others have, in respect to their photography equipment. Have you thought about photographing with older style film cameras?

In my opinion, both Chris and yourself presented your research, and encounters very well. Chris was able to fill in many unanswered questions that had eluded me, in respect to his initial involvement with the Sherman Family.

FYI, for anyone interested, there is an archived interview with Frank Salisbury here on the Paracast. He speaks to what is being discussed on this thread.

I'm on a solo survivalist adventure in the florida keys, just returning from living on a deserted island for a week. I'm typing on a cell and 4,000 miles from my office but vallees asesment is spot on. Absolutely ruthless inhuman and surprisingly there may be a aspect of humor related to this. If you listened to my wolf story I left a part out because it was too silly. After the wolf dematerialized a porcupine approached us and was holding something in its paw. Confused and still is shock I asked my fellow researcher what the hell is it? He said itsa porcupine and I think it's smoking a cigarette. Never went from sheer terror to literally laughing out loud , strange transition given the bizarre circumstance

If you listen closely to chip he infers that his role is not for security but as a guinea pig being observed by the higher ups. He was confused by the lack of cameras by an operation run by himself and three other armed guards. He also ponders if the guns were not to protect from humans but from whatever force is out there.

I thought it a given the sidearms were NOT for protection from curious people. It's not like there is anything to steal etc?

The original story about the bullet-proof wolf might be the reason. Shit, If I was working there I'd be carrying a 0.45 or something. Remington pump-action ($99) too!

Nothing to steal and no topside military structures or equiptment. Despite being owned by a billionaire the ranch is setup exactly as when the Shermans owned it. Minus the tiny security trailer. The bait pens and disconnected security camera stations are only odd structures. The ranch also ha two permenent elderly caretakers , the dietz, whom are not allowed outside of the ranch without being accompanied by security

Thoughts on this one guys? Just found it and it purports to be a 'skinwalker' and by that I mean an intelligent spirit/deity/whatever inhabiting the body of a wolf/dog. It runs across the road and seems to be up on 2 legs as the car drives by.

I don't think there is any camera trickery so if it is nothing supernatural or skinwalker-ish then could it be a man on all fours initially? It really does look like a proper 4-legged animal gait initially.
Any ideas?

Skinwalker caught on tape - YouTube

Back