• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Skinwalker Ranch Roundtable Show

my husband and I bolth wish to know why this ranch? what is so specal about it that strange stuff happens there? I mean I can say oh look aliens run around my house..I mean why there and no where else do we have this level of activity?

my husband and I bolth wish to know why this ranch? what is so specal about it that strange stuff happens there? I mean I can say oh look aliens run around my house..I mean why there and no where else do we have this level of activity?

its not the "ranch" thats haunted its the entire uintah basin. The majority of neighboring properties have their own stories which would fill books. I believe Chris has some theories on what makes the basin unique.

What stands out in my mind is

1. the high level of Ozone pollution
2. the suicide and cancer rates
3. the ancient history sea level history of the region
4. its remoteness and location on native territory
5. rare mineral gilsonite and high levels of silicone in the ground
6 eletromagnetic divergence in comparison to all other regions in Utah (and abroad)

its not the "ranch" thats haunted its the entire uintah basin. The majority of neighboring properties have their own stories which would fill books. I believe Chris has some theories on what makes the basin unique.

What stands out in my mind is

1. the high level of Ozone pollution
2. the suicide and cancer rates
3. the ancient history sea level history of the region
4. its remoteness and location on native territory
5. rare mineral gilsonite and high levels of silicone in the ground
6 eletromagnetic divergence in comparison to all other regions in Utah (and abroad)
FWIW: I've devised a 5-point theory for identifying "hot spot" locations:

1. Unusual Geophysical Properties that include max and min magnetic field strength in close proximity
to each other, unusual gravitational lows/or maximums (and, as you point out in this case: rare mineral gilsonite and high levels of silicone in the ground, ozone pollution) etc. Also alternating layers of clay and water underground, and/or geologic fault-lines.

2. An indigenous tradition of the location being sacred (or taboo)

3. A documented history of waves of intense activity that features a variety of unusual, unexplained events that could be called paranormal or meta-normal, supernatural, etc like dogmen, elves, UFOs, cattle mutes, ghosts, etc

4. Apparent military/government (and/or big money, as seen in this case) interest in the location and some kind of government involvement monitoring the site and/or supplying disinformation about the site.

5. Overt and/or covert attempts by government to expand control over the area.

IMO the Sherman Ranch meets and exceeds these definitional parameters...

Indeed wwkirk and weirdly, it has been commented on by many including Gene, that sometimes fantastic shows generate little talk on the forum and shows not expected to do so have generated non-stop threads. Nancy Talbot and Robbert springs to mind.

I think many would agree that of the last 20 years, the Sherman/Gorman/Skinwalker ranch is probably the no.1 paranormal happening of that time. Certainly for me it is no.1 due to the breadth of reported phenomena and also the variety of witnesses who reportedly observed weird things.

If any kind of government agency is involved it's a good bet they know who "chip" is. He could have at least tried to mask his voice.

lol I forget that spellcheck is my friend.

Noting who your avatar is Ryan - have you looked into Crowley's life much? I kinda first heard of him when at about 13 I got into Zeppelin. This strange tale of Jimmy Page buying Boleskine, the home on the banks of Loch Ness etc
I'm sure I had heard that Page reported strange haunting-type events once he purchased the place. I have always known Page was into some dark subjects and I have to wonder what he makes of things such as the Skinwalker Ranch? I wonder if he is still into the weirder side of things?

Who was it that related how he had watched an orb morph into a large wolf that then came within 5 feet and observed him? It was toward the end of the Roundtable and I didn't get just who was telling the story.

THANKS A LOT Gene and Chris! It's one of the best episodes for recent months at least. I've just finished it listening a second ago and I have to admit that I was under impression that Skinwalker ranch topic has kind of faded away but now I see that it's not even close to!

The separate thanks for bringing Chip on air as I understand that it was not a trivial thing to get the level of trust to convince a person to come to the show and give his insight about something.

I do share with you a kind of shock about the NSA connection revelation, it will be interesting to see if more information to back up this statement will come up.

@Artyom - not seen you in a while? I have known for quite a while that there has been native American knowledge of this area for a long time but I did not know that other ranches nearby experience things quite regularly. Point being is that I wonder if anything nearby not owned by Bigelow has activity the same as the Sherman ranch but we just have not found out? There may be another location that could be studied.

Amazing show guys. Not even finished and you've blown the doors off with this one.
I'd like to suggest this topic gets revisited in the very near future... keep the pressure on and perhaps more data will be released.
Has Bigelow ever made a statement that he can be held account to about releasing this info? Could a blanket offer be made to people in his organization come forward under the protection of anonymity?

If any kind of government agency is involved it's a good bet they know who "chip" is. He could have at least tried to mask his voice.
We gave him that option, but he declined. His revelations about time frames and the details that he provided about his work there hopefully won't come back to NDA bite him.

...Has Bigelow ever made a statement that he can be held account to about releasing this info? Could a blanket offer be made to people in his organization come forward under the protection of anonymity?
No to #1 and I seriously doubt a promise of anonymity would convince ex-NID-ites to come forward to #2. Most smart people hesitate to stamp on billionaire's toes, or violate NDAs, etc...

I wonder if anything nearby not owned by Bigelow has activity the same as the Sherman ranch but we just have not found out? There may be another location that could be studied.
I would be very surprised if there were not other ranches experiencing heightened activity. But one must remember: the community up there is very close-to-the-vest and they normally tend to keep to themselves. Factor in reality-shifting experiences and they probably shut down even more. IMO only a local w/ credentials and a kind & gentle manner could get other locals to open up -- especially if they are experiencing exalted levels of para-weirdness.

Not sure if this is the place to announce it Chris but TrueTV just announced the Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory TV Show will release season 3 on November 7th 2012. The show features Chris and I at Skinwalker Ranch, filmed almost a year ago.

Back