• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sacha Christie Show

Sacha,

One of the things that bothers me about the whole psychological operation scenario is the timing and the place. Would they run such a risky and outrageous operation there given the risk presented by the political tensions of the period? You could run this on an out of the way state-side base that wasn't on the front line so to speak and avoid a great deal of risk. I have always tended to think that the witnesses were subjected to who knows what by the Air Force in reaction to the anomalous event, whatever that actually was. So I guess I've always taken it as possibly a mix of things.

Didn't Robbins and Warren see UFOs at the site when they visited the site years later? Am I remembering that wrong?

Also, the link didn't work for me. I think you might have to do something with the sharing settings on the google docs folder.

Yes Robbins and Warren both claimed they had experiences at the base well after 1980. I think Robbins accounted these experiences in his book Left at East Gate. I also believe Robbins has a recorded audio tape of it? People have experienced things there for years before 1980 and after.

This aerial of the twin bases pretty clearly shows the surrounding forests were just out outside the bases.

http://twinbases.org.uk/images/rafwb/RAF-Woodbridge-Aerial-2003.jpg

http://twinbases.org.uk/images/rafwb/RAF-Woodbridge-Aerial-ShaunToffell-1.jpg

What was risky about it? It wasn't on base.. It was off base and involved only a handful of bentwaters personell. the rest were unknowns.

I thought the whole base was placed on alert as a result of the activity in the forest. Weren't objects seen projecting beams down in the storage area? To run a test on an operational nuclear base, one that was for all practical purposes secret and illegal being in violation of signed treaties and agreements at the time (am I right about that?) seems well, a risk that could be avoided by doing it elsewhere. It's been a while since I read Left at East Gate I admit.

I have to agree with Kieran, from the moment she got here instead of the reasoned rational arguments we normally see, we had a vitriolic rant.

I raise the issue of her claim if you marry you are stupid/idiots because its an example of her "conclusions" , if thats the gestalt of her conclusions regarding something as common as marriage, it speaks to me of the value of her conclusions on other matters including this case.

From what ive seen thus far, shes hardly an intellectual giant

The same criticisms she claims to have drawn from places other than here, are ones i share, either shes the only sane one in a world of idiots or.............. the root cause is closer to home

This binary stuff is a red herring regarding whether the case is real or not. Many other people were involved who have nothing to do with any binary story. The weight of their evidence, along with the opinion of someone like Nick Pope - I still think it is as solid a case as is likely to ever happen. The case has virtually everything that most people agree make good cases. Multiple witnesses (military with civilian to lesser extent), a live tape recording, radar data from more than one source, UFO seeing 'interfering with or taking an interest in' a nuclear storage area- possibly using some sort of laser beam, case is more than one event, its a landing case, alien life is reported, there was physical trace evidence left and for the 'piece' de resistance' (don't speak french) - There was an obvious cover up from both Countries involved, witnesses maybe being tampered with. Oh, and I really dig the fact the stories did not match perfectly over dates and times etc, anyone who has ever really investigated anything will know that real truthful people will more often than not give slightly conflicting versions of events they have both actually experienced. It would be suspect if the stories had tallied perfectly at the time as if a fake story had been exhaustively rehearsed?

Sacha,

It sounds like in the DMR episode that you are saying that the incident was an exercise that utilized some prototype security system. Is that correct? If this was intended to be developed and used in future base security systems would we see examples of it or its use elsewhere? I wonder what the state of the art military base security looks like in today's world. I would not know. Has your research gone into that?

I have to agree with Kieran, from the moment she got here instead of the reasoned rational arguments we normally see, we had a vitriolic rant.

I raise the issue of her claim if you marry you are stupid/idiots because its an example of her "conclusions" , if thats the gestalt of her conclusions regarding something as common as marriage, it speaks to me of the value of her conclusions on other matters including this case.

From what ive seen thus far, shes hardly an intellectual giant

The same criticisms she claims to have drawn from places other than here, are ones i share, either shes the only sane one in a world of idiots or.............. the root cause is closer to home

Thanks mike i often have had in the past disagreements with folks who've posted here ( this thread would be as any a perfect example of that) but hey i have always tried to be civil as possible and have never went as low to call someone an arsehole for not agreeing with my view.

She has been accusing (John and Jim) of doing all sorts of nasty things to people on Facebook and she not me made the claim Col Alexander did not believe Jim and John version of events I told her straight i don't believe her and asked her for evidence to prove any of this was true. So far she has been very shy of producing evidence to prove her claim.

Is this theory she suggested possible yes of course. ( also i believe this theory was first suggested by Vallee not her)

But how would it be done would be my question not if it was possible.

BALL OF COLOURED LIGHT WERE REPORTED TO HAVE BEEN FIRING LASERS AT STORAGE BUILDINGS/
A BALL OF COLOURED LIGHT IT CLAIMED HAD THE ABILITY TO SPLIT INTO FOUR WHITE SEPARATE OBJECTS (*WITNESSED BY Halt and Witnessed by dozens of other people stationed at bentwaters)/
WHAT ABOUT THE TRIANGLE SHIP CAME ACROSS AND LANDED AND RESTING ON THE FOREST FLOOR AND SO AND SO FORTH. The glyphs taking from this. There much more as well.

How does the US military or whowever pull of such a thing?

I still think they all made it up once they figured out that they had freaked out over a light house. Skeptoid's Brian Dunning (he would make a great Paracast guest by the way, although I've mentioned that before) did a great job of rationalizing the tapes. He even synchronized the UFO light with the light house - check it out and make sure to listen to the audio:

The Rendlesham Forest UFO

This binary stuff is a red herring regarding whether the case is real or not. Many other people were involved who have nothing to do with any binary story. The weight of their evidence, along with the opinion of someone like Nick Pope - I still think it is as solid a case as is likely to ever happen. The case has virtually everything that most people agree make good cases. Multiple witnesses (military with civilian to lesser extent), a live tape recording, radar data from more than one source, UFO seeing 'interfering with or taking an interest in' a nuclear storage area- possibly using some sort of laser beam, case is more than one event, its a landing case, alien life is reported, there was physical trace evidence left and for the 'piece' de resistance' (don't speak french) - There was an obvious cover up from both Countries involved, witnesses maybe being tampered with. Oh, and I really dig the fact the stories did not match perfectly over dates and times etc, anyone who has ever really investigated anything will know that real truthful people will more often than not give slightly conflicting versions of events they have both actually experienced. It would be suspect if the stories had tallied perfectly at the time as if a fake story had been exhaustively rehearsed?

Mackay, if you don't mind me calling you this. Look i think your right about everything else except the binary stuff.

Obviously this binary code stuff was pulled from somewhere ( was it given to him by his interrogators?) Maybe?

Did it all come to Jim in a dream well after the events had concluded (possible?)

Maybe the binary stuff is a lie and never happened? possible?

The last possibility is Jim got the codes from from the UFO and he being honest with this..Possible?

When when was binary stuff first mentioned (1994)

Jim, never spoke about this incident until 1993 when he retired and when knowledge got out to the public that he was a key witness to these events.

Jim in 1994 says this--Sergeant Penniston placed his hand on the craft’s engraved symbols, he thinks he activated technology that sent light containing binary code
communication into his mind

Communication what was it? 1994 to 2010 16 years why was this said if it did not happen/ This code stuff is part of the story and we need to find out why it is so.

I still think they all made it up once they figured out that they had freaked out over a light house. Skeptoid's Brian Dunning (he would make a great Paracast guest by the way, although I've mentioned that before) did a great job of rationalizing the tapes. He even synchronized the UFO light with the light house - check it out and make sure to listen to the audio:

The Rendlesham Forest UFO

My question regards the lighthouse theory is this.

If Halt left the base and walked to the source of the disturbance, then he would be between the base and the lighthouse

but in the transcript we read

Halt:0400 hours, one object still hovering over Woodbridge Base at about 5 to 10 degrees off the horizon, still moving erratic, and similar lights, and beaming down as earlier.

Unless he circled the base and was now on the side opposite the side facing the lighthouse, how would this happen

Another aspect that doesnt fit with the lighthouse theory is that witness report a structured object one even touching it.

Penniston.jpg

Sketch of the craft, taken from Jim Penniston's official United States Air Force witness statement.

All three men closed in on an object that resembled an “aircraft on fire”, or, as Burroughs described it, a “multiple series of lights”. At closer proximity, the lights solidified. Burroughs says that no structured craft ever emerged, but Penniston claimed that he went close enough to see an actual object looming from within the glow that was “the size of a tank...It had a very smooth surface almost like glass”. Cabansag, whilst more guarded, agrees that strange lights were visible.

At close proximity Penniston says “The air was filled with electricity - like static.You could feel it on your skin as you approached the object. There was also a sense of slowness, like time itself was an effort.”

Burroughs concurred: “The nearer we got to that thing the more uneasy I felt...it was as if I was moving in slow motion. I felt really hot and as if the hair was standing up on the back of my head”.

There was then a silent explosion of light, causing the airmen to throw themselves to the ground in a defence. The object disappeared towards the coast and “was gone like a blur”.

Skeptoid's Brian Dunning (he would make a great Paracast guest by the way, although I've mentioned that before) did a great job of rationalizing the tapes. He even synchronized the UFO light with the light house - check it out and make sure to listen to the audio:

If Brain Dunning had gone to the lighthouse he would have discovered that there is a shield, which is common on lighthouses, that prevents the beam from being seen inland. It could not have been the lighthouse.

Back