• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Tyder's Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would appear there has been too much of this sock puppet crap-ola lately. Did something some how change? Not sure I understand. Decker
What's to understand? The issues we discuss bring out some folks' blindspots... If someone arrives here as a newbie and starts trolling/spouting off/spewing, they are obviously in need of a good dose of objectivity. Sometimes this takes the form of a good-natured finger wag, other times good swift kick in the head. That's why we love it around here.... somebody here will call you on your lack of critical thinking or for a strident, jello-slurping (or kool-aid drinking) opinion.

That only applies when that happens before you are caught. Admitting you were wrong only after you have been confronted only indicates that you are capable of acknowledging the obvious. I have absolutely no sympathy for this guy or anyone else who does this sort of thing. I find his behavior absolutely outrageous given his past comments and stances on certain topics he has taken here in the past. What an absolute waste. I have not been this disgusted in quite a while.

Its not without a sense of personal regret that i must say i agree with TO here.
This was a cowardly and dishonest thing to have done.
And from a person who made mention and milage on several occasions about comments i made to Chris a while back.
And while those comments were rude (for which i apoligised to Chris via PM) i did at least have the balls to say what i said using my own account, accepting the risk that expressing my feelings uncensored might have consequences for me.

I was rude, but at least i was honest and owned my words.

Like TO i am disgusted, by the cowardice and hypocrisy, and the dishonesty.

He presented himself as an athiest which he isnt, tried to paint me in a light which he knows full well was untrue.

A complete and utter lack of integrity.

Using a sockpuppet account here, where despite our differences of opinion we are all in a sense united in our common interests is deceptive and dishonest.

A shameful and disgraceful display of cowardice , hypocrisy and dishonesty

Tyder, i liked him its kind of sad that he felt he needed to do this to get his point across to some of you. Maybe a break away from this forum will do him the world of good anyways. All the best Steve.

Boo hoo to all of the righteous indignation and pompous bellyaching about Tyder. Harden the fuck up boys and girls!!! I agree, he did the wrong thing. Vented his frustrations inappropriately, for sure. But lets face it he's not the first person to create a sock puppet account here. And i wonder just how many others posting here, regularly, still have one?
Instead of shit canning him mercilessly, how about a bit of understanding about what may have driven him to take such measures. He is a long time participant in these forums and one who had gained quite a bit of respect here. For mine, it must have taken something extreme in his life away from here or even due to his participation here to have driven him to this.
I see him as part of a big, dysfunctional family where everybody here occasionally has a "bad day" so to speak. Instead of now wanting to rip his heart out how about some compassion and even a bit of forgiveness. I don't condone his actions and they are disappointing but for fucks sake, venomous, tirade spewing rants about him are probably just as bad as what he did.

Boo hoo to all of the righteous indignation and pompous bellyaching about Tyder. Harden the fuck up boys and girls!!! I agree, he did the wrong thing. Vented his frustrations inappropriately, for sure. But lets face it he's not the first person to create a sock puppet account here. And i wonder just how many others posting here, regularly, still have one?
Instead of shit canning him mercilessly, how about a bit of understanding about what may have driven him to take such measures. He is a long time participant in these forums and one who had gained quite a bit of respect here. For mine, it must have taken something extreme in his life away from here or even due to his participation here to have driven him to this.
I see him as part of a big, dysfunctional family where everybody here occasionally has a "bad day" so to speak. Instead of now wanting to rip his heart out how about some compassion and even a bit of forgiveness. I don't condone his actions and they are disappointing but for fucks sake, venomous, tirade spewing rants about him are probably just as bad as what he did.

In my post I didn't really pass any judgement BUT I (like you and most others) weren't harassed and/or stalked across threads like mike, t.o. stoney and angelo were. For them to have different feelings is understandable. On top of that it came from an up to then trustworthy source, thats like finding out the neighbor who watches your house while you're away is also responsible for stealing your morning newspaper. If tyder had issues with them , instead of tormenting them under a hood he should have done it directly either in the forum or via private message mano a mano

In my post I didn't really pass any judgement BUT I (like you and most others) weren't harassed and/or stalked across threads like mike, t.o. stoney and angelo were. For them to have different feelings is understandable. On top of that it came from an up to then trustworthy source, thats like finding out the neighbor who watches your house while you're away is also responsible for stealing your morning newspaper. If tyder had issues with them , instead of tormenting them under a hood he should have done it directly either in the forum or via private message mano a mano

Exactly.

Angelo ,Trained and Stonehart treated him fairly with dignity and respect, and he repayed that by attacking and insulting them.

Lets get to the core of who steve is.

Tyder01 is the deception, Danny Torrence is who he really is, how he really feels about Angelo and Trained and Stonehart. And the rest of you "woo" pedlers....................

Thinking himself safe behind his mask, he told us what he really felt about us.

I hope he drowns in his shame

He isnt' the only woo pitcher on here. Oh well, it is the paracast so I guess I'm not being logical by griping about paranormal subjects.

Heres a response to Trained

Riiggght. It's all about you dude. That's why we are all here. You are rather dramatic aren't you? But, on the other hand I did kind of bait you somewhat. I just don't see how a person who calls themselves a skeptic can be so open to some woo and dismissive of other woo.

At the risk of being called a troll I will ask this. Why is it you can call out the woo pitchers on other subjects. If one of the silly woo pitchers was starting it would you treat it like you do remote viewing and other stuff? Again, I need to hush because really and truly you don't do well with mirrors do you?

Remote viewing? You can't remote view something that hasn't happened yet. You can't remote view something that has already happened. This isn't a likely reality.

This is the real Steve.............

Exactly.

Angelo ,Trained and Stonehart treated him fairly with dignity and respect, and he repayed that by attacking and insulting them.

Lets get to the core of who steve is.

Tyder01 is the deception, Danny Torrence is who he really is, how he really feels about Angelo and Trained and Stonehart. And the rest of you "woo" pedlers....................

Thinking himself safe behind his mask, he told us what he really felt about us.

I hope he drowns in his shame

now here I have to admit my ignorance. I've seen the term " woo woo" guys or "woo peders" is that a good natured knock at people who are predisposed to paranormal ufo stuff ( I guess I have to consider myself with at least one foot in it, but I'm good natured about it) or is it more towards people that absolutely refuse to accept more mundane pragmatic reasons for hard to explain phenomena ?

Reading Dannys(Steves) posts, its clear he thinks most of us are "Woo" pedling fools, this is what he really thinks of the paranormal and those who are interested in it.

Go back through his posts and you will clearly see the contempt he holds for the subject and those who are interested in it

Well, I'm not sure exactly what was said by whom and to whom, etc.

My impression here is akin to coming onto the scene of an intersection car wreck. You slow down, gawk a moment, shake your head and go on. You hope no one has been permanently injured and that everyone will eventually recover.

Even Kim copped a serve.........
He's like the religious nuts that come over to the forum I'm a member of trying to convert people. I'm sorry but I call it like it is.
I see many on here that believe in aliens and ghosts and some of them make good points even if I disagree with them. But, some just post lots and lots of links and have nothing of substance to say themselves. I see where the dude named mike and another religious dude named kim went back and forth. The problem is that the so called scientific minded one was reduced to cursing and silly little cut and paste mess. The religious one just went on and on and on.

Dripping with contempt..............

As Tyder001 he thanks Gene for restoring order and settling the place down, then says screw you pal, and whips up the danny torrance account to stir up shit , to troll ,bait and insult people

mikey I really mean this. I have gone over some post since you are such a religious zealot. Man, there is mental health help out there for you. Aren't you the dude that dresses in Star Wars costumes and post them on the internet? I mean I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw those threads. I really do mean this man. There is help out there. Step away from the kool aid and woo and realize you are gonna die and your brain will die with you. Try to see that a grown man acting like you do is sick. As for the fellow so called skeptics who are encouraging you here. They are not being honest with you. You really are an idiot.

On no, I just saw one of the aliens messed with my dogs messages. Man, mental health is out there dude.

Considering the schitzo nature of his posting here......... perhaps some mental health help is indeed in order...................

What ive highlighted here is classic transference.............

a grown man acting like you do is sick.......

Oh and Steve,
When i posted pics of my Stormtrooper costume at Genes Sci Fi site
Attack of the Rockoids

Gene a published SciFi author said, and i quote

"Im jealous"

Does that make you throw up a little in your mouth ?

Perhaps he's sick too..............

I just want to say that for the record, I have never created a second account in this or any forum.
Phil, I don't think the reactions by some have been unreasonable. I have made my peace with Steve through Facebook, but I also understand how some people can be really angry about this.

Thanks Mike in bringing me up to speed. Bruised egos and crushed feelings aside, i think that what he has written here shows a man who is crying out for help. I think it is extremely odd for a man who has been a part of these forums for a number of years, with no hint of his subsequent behavior, to suddenly veer off the track and turn into a ninja sock puppet. Personally i have had nothing but cordial and pleasant communications with Steve and definitely no hint of any narkiness. For him to suddenly venture into this territory is out of character with the persona he normally displays here. Even considering the fact that he used a sock puppet account to deliver his frustrations. And i feel that "frustration" is where the heart of this probably lies.
To those who he has specifically targeted with his tirades i would ask for some understanding and forgiveness. I realise that may be easy for me to do as i wasn't a target but i do know what it is like to become embroiled in a forum stoush, having been in a few here myself. And while the circumstances and eventual exposure of it all is different, in this case it still involves a long standing member who has never hinted at such behavior before.
Some members here prefer the direct approach in chiding and castigating other members. As they should to. Being honest and up front is always the preferable option. The have been some humdingers happen in my time with all types of mud slung. Tyder has taken a somewhat unsavory approach to getting his message across. The result was still the same. Is it likely you would have thought more of him if had done the same using his real name? Possibly. Who can really say. He must have known he would be found out sooner rather than later as there are enough amateur detectives here, with or without admin. privileges to expose him. And they did. And rightfully so. I do not condone his methods but i do understand his reasons or frustrations in doing so.
He has apologized. You can accept that or not but at least he has. Whether it was because he was found out or not is kind of irrelevant. Apologizing is really all he can do. What else do you want from him? Blood? I suspect he knew it would all come to this sorry end the moment he set out on that trip. Maybe he wanted to be caught out. Maybe it is part of a bigger, personal struggle for him. One that we are unaware of. To me it seems quite out of character for him and ultimately concerning for me, as i consider him a friend.
All of you who have been terminally outraged at his antics may want to consider that he may be suffering in some way and that this was a way to relieve some stress or tension. Whatever the reason i concede it was not the way to go about it. But we are all seasoned enough veterans of forum skirmishes and flame wars to know that everyone has a "bad day" here now and again.
If forum members (involved or not) choose to ignore this plea, then so be it. That is your choice and you are all entitled to it.

I just want to say that for the record, I have never created a second account in this or any forum.
Phil, I don't think the reactions by some have been unreasonable. I have made my peace with Steve through Facebook, but I also understand how some people can be really angry about this.
So do I. This seems to be an unusual situation though. Steve would have been the last person i would have considered to have done this. That concerns me. More for him than the people he may have insulted. I am concerned for him and his well being, it is that much out of character for him, here. I am glad to hear you have made your peace with him. I think he does deserve a chance at redemption. If people can give pixel and lance more than one chance at forum life, Steve definitely deserves it also. There have been far more unsavory characters grace us with their presence here than Steve and they still have posting rights and privileges.
I remember an admin, Aaron who had 2 different accounts he could post from, (His original account may have had problems with). But he used to post under the name Stillborn as well as his normal account name.

I don't disagree with you Phil ( that's weird, eh?). It is far out of character for Steve, which is why I initially thought that someone was posting from his office. I really didn't want to believe it was him.

Phil,

I considered Steve my friend and we have communicated outside of forum discussions on and off for a while now. I have reached out to him numerous times this way. I know Angelo has as well.

There simply is no excuse for his behavior Phil and he needs to be banned. He needs to be banned not only because he has violated the rules of the forum and the trust of the people in it but for his own good as well. I think it is obvious he needs to get away from the Internet all together and get some things sorted out in his personal life and he seems to realize this. The kindest thing this forum can do for the guy is to ban him and encourage him to seek some counseling.

We can make excuses for his behavior if we like but this is what happens when folks trample on friendship, trust, and the rules of engagement. People no longer want to be associated with them nor should they be expected to. You may wish to reach out to him personally and I think that would be wonderful. I on the other hand am "One bitten, twice shy."

Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back