• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Tyder's Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel of Ioren

Friendly Skeptic
Hi everyone,

I just received this message from Tyder and he wanted me to post it. It's in regards to some recent activity in the forum.

Angel, I think I owe you and the whole forum and explanation.
Especially Gene since he made the forum a safe place and an entertaing place. I hope you will decide to post this as my statement to the forum and if nobody cares, well I can't blame them. I don't know if I'm banned but I am banning myself from all online forums. Somehow, I lost all perspective. It's as if I got to a point where I thought if I didn't win a forum debate that somehow I was wrong aobut everything in my life and all that I beleive in. I got to such a point that I decided to make a sock puppet to see if I couldn't release some of my frustration. It went way, way to far. I have no excuse for the way I acted. I honestly didn't mean to be a sneak or to betray some people that thought highly of my participation on a forum. It is jut a forum and I understand that. So, I'm not gonna go off and do pennace for a year. Still, what you do in private and behind a screen tells alot about who you are in person. I need to think about who I really and truly am. To some of the folks I hurt or offended such as Rick and Angel and Mike and Stonehart and others. I am sorry. I don't ask forgiveness because you don't owe me any and truly I don't owe anybody else. But, I do owe this forum this much. So, I stand here now and tell you all that I messed up. I got to involved. I thought I was above such things. I guess not.
Peace.
Tyder.

I agree pixelsmith. Hang in there Tyder, we all make mistakes. I don't even know what this is all about but it sure seems you genuinely feel bad about the situation. Move on, learn from it, forgive yourself and others. If none of us made mistakes, we would not be trying. It's all a part of the journey. Hope you stay around.

it takes a big man to admit when he is wrong.

That only applies when that happens before you are caught. Admitting you were wrong only after you have been confronted only indicates that you are capable of acknowledging the obvious. I have absolutely no sympathy for this guy or anyone else who does this sort of thing. I find his behavior absolutely outrageous given his past comments and stances on certain topics he has taken here in the past. What an absolute waste. I have not been this disgusted in quite a while.

In case anyone is wondering what this is about, Tyder created an account under the name DannyTorrence and started being a little harsh.

Angelo, thanks for stating the name. I was mentally accusing an innocent new forum member. Sorry to see the Tyder I once knew gone, but it sounds like he has bigger problems to deal with. I wish him luck.

Tyder brother I am not offended nor am I mad as it takes some serious courage to admit when you are wrong, but then again you did get caught out so I guess there was no choice but to admit it. But why? and what was the point in the sock? this is an internet forum man........ Your IP will always get you caught out but that is another issue. (If you are going to troll then at least get the right tools:p)
There is no right or wrong here on these forums only strong opinions so no one really wins you know.
Perspective can be easy to lose here so always remember you can walk away from that keyboard when people drive you nuts here ..... for in the end opinions are like ass holes... everyone has one.. they can stink and they are usually full of S**t.

That and the fact that the name was from a Stephen King novel. I actually figured out who it was because of the words he was using and then i looked up the ip. I didn't want to believe it at first, and I gave Tyder every benefit of the doubt. At one point I even thought someone was trying to frame him, but the evidence was too much and Tyder fessed up to it.

That and the fact that the name was from a Stephen King novel. I actually figured out who it was because of the words he was using and then i looked up the ip. I didn't want to believe it at first, and I gave Tyder every benefit of the doubt. At one point I even thought someone was trying to frame him, but the evidence was too much and Tyder fessed up to it.

Thanks Angel and as you know I was sniffing around :) I am glad he came clean when it came up.

Angelo, thanks for stating the name. I was mentally accusing an innocent new forum member. Sorry to see the Tyder I once knew gone, but it sounds like he has bigger problems to deal with. I wish him luck.

As was I, and yeah ol danny torrance did come on way to strong. When I read angelo's post, before anyone weighed in, I thought bfd, it's not like he is a wife beater or has a drug addiction but this persona was over the line. No moral judgments here tyder but i will second sentry's post.

It would appear there has been too much of this sock puppet crap-ola lately. Did something some how change? Am I missing something around here? What is the deal? I have been a member of The Paracast for years now and suddenly all this popping out of the woodwork. Not sure I understatnd.

Decker

I agree Don. There has been an epidemic of sorts. Hopefully this event will make people understand that they will get caught, and possibly banned.
I am extremely disappointed in Tyder though, and I have told him as much privately. To be honest about it, it has less to do with him actually doing the sock puppet thing, but more to do with what he said about me, and then lying about it when I figured out it was him earlier this week. If he had an issue with me, he should have told me privately as himself and not post about it.
So yeah, it's good that he apologized, but I'm disappointed that he denied it at first and lied to me about it when I caught him.

That's some damn fine detective work there angelo, but then your twitter feed does state " I am a hoarder of useless information." In this case you were wrong, it sounded pretty useful to me

... as it takes some serious courage to admit when you are wrong, but then again you did get caught out so I guess there was no choice but to admit it.

Yes, it hardly indicates an overabundance of character or courage to first deny wrongdoing and then admit you have been caught lying and cheating only after you have been presented with the evidence. I'm glad he didn't continue to deny it and waste even more time and bandwidth. This sort of disingenuous behavior is what makes the Internet and the UFO and Paranormal side of it in particular such a cesspool.

I'm not quite sure I understand how you were planning to win a forum debate by posing as a guy who had all the answers but no evidence to back up what you were saying. Anyway, good luck and I'm glad to see you're stepping back if you've started to take an internet forum that seriously.

If he had an issue with me, he should have told me privately as himself and not post about it.

Like i did! Angelo and I have become great friends (in my opinion) by manning up and having private conversations.

Yup. I think hashing things out in private really helps. Pixel and I disagree on so much, but after chatting in private, we've come to get along while still disagreeing.

That's some damn fine detective work there angelo, but then your twitter feed does state " I am a hoarder of useless information." In this case you were wrong, it sounded pretty useful to me
Thanks. Google helps and I was not the only person that saw that it was the name of a King character. The thing that really tipped me off was the manner of speech, such as the use of the word "hush." it also helps that I know Tyder well in this forum, which is why this was so disappointing to me and why I refused to believe what I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back