• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

S. Greer MD and Sirius Documentary

@Voyager - even though I agree it is a waste of time trying to convince people of UFOs if they have no interest in the topic already.
However, I still think you should report your sightings somewhere. Even if you give the absolute minium of details I think it is the responsibility of people who are interested in this subject to report their sightings, if they ever have any. Because if those people don't report their sightings, who else will? There is little enough data for something that is no doubt a lot, lot bigger and widespread than most of us can realise.

I feel it is vital for as many people as possible to report their sightings - not to convert those who don't believe as such but even just to prove more to our own satisfaction and education (and by 'own' I mean anyone with an open mind to the possibility of UFOs).

It might be a pain in the ass but some online forms take only a few minutes I would think so it's not too much of an inconvenience and will really count because of the relatively small pool of sample data! I really think every possible genuine report is very precious evidence indeed and if I am lucky enough to ever have a good sighting myself I shall offer chapter/verse/mp4 to any and all who listen!:eek:

@Pixel - ufo reporting thread sounds like a good idea. There have been quite a few forum members who have alluded to or stated sightings and I am unaware of any real details. Such a thread would never be helping worldwide research but that's fine as it serves it's own purposes here.

then what happens?
That depends. When I first started signalling them in1977 they would slow down, and hover in direct line with the laser. Other times they would slowly move across the sky. Sometimes the would travel directly over my position. Their behavior has changed over time. Last summer they started flaring up super bright. It's like a pure white light. I mean the whitest, white. you've ever seen! At first I thought it might be a defensive response. Now I'm inclined to believe they are signalling back.

That depends. When I first started signalling them in1977 they would slow down, and hover in direct line with the laser. Other times they would slowly move across the sky. Sometimes the would travel directly over my position. Their behavior has changed over time. Last summer they started flaring up super bright. It's like a pure white light. I mean the whitest, white. you've ever seen! At first I thought it might be a defensive response. Now I'm inclined to believe they are signalling back.
how far does a consumer grade laser reach? i think my strongest one is around 125mW. this is the one i have E3 Elite Green, Red, Purple Laser Series | Wicked Lasers

It will reach far enough. My laser is only rated at 5mW. I would like to get a dye laser. They are very, very, expensive.
really? 5mW is like a cat toy. mine will cut thru black tape, pop balloons and even light a cigarette.
with the one i have they should be landing in my back yard. i will post pics.

Yeah, not to mention that is a GREAT Way to get yourself tossed into the slammer.

Decker
It is illegal to shine lasers over 5mW above the horizon in the sky. A person should not aim any laser at low altitude aircraft. I have been observing UFOs since 1976. I know what I am doing. I don't ever aim a laser at human aircraft. If I don't ever aim the laser at human aircraft no law has been broken. Moreover, I don't live in a city.

I point my laser in the sky quite often to point out certain stars.
btw- It is not illegal in minnesota to vector in a UFO.
Beginning August 1, 2009, a new Minnesota law (SF1408) makes it a gross misdemeanor when a person "knowingly aims and discharges a laser or other device that creates visible light into the cockpit of an aircraft that is in the process of taking off or landing or is in flight."

I point my laser in the sky quite often to point out certain stars.
btw- It is not illegal in minnesota to vector in a UFO.
There are Federal laws pertaining to lasers. I can't remember the power limit, it is high, higher than what you have. You don't want to get caught shining that laser above the horizon. You read about these idiots shining lasers at commercial jets near airports, and shining them at police helicopters, yea they will throw your ass in jail for doing that!

Back