• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bombs in Boston

Comment from another Anon on the chat board I am watching...

this doesn't appear to be Islamic. So ruling that out, next thought is another state actor. But the scale and locale of the attack don't make sense for any state attack, certainly not Iran or Democratic People's Republic of Korea. So I'm gonna go ahead and rule out nation state. So that leaves individual or group, probably domestic. Judging by the batshit craziness of the target I'm going to say individual, because to involve a group would seem to require convincing a group of people that bombing a marathon is a good idea. So my best guess would be individual extremist or crazy person of some sort. Also, the scale of the attack seems to point to individual. Minimum of 2 separate bombs, maximum of I think 4 (although they don't know if they've found all of them. it might not be over yet).
Not a bad analysis, anyway I will keep my eyes open to see what comes up as we tend to get the news and information just that bit faster than the MSM

Pickles, moderate your language please. I will not tolerate any more gasoline thrown on this thread nor will I tolerate a flame war.

Decker

Well, in my defense I wasn't referring to anyone here with the m-word :)

I think my point is that, like 9/11, any conspiracy theories while interesting to some are generally insulting and disrespectful to the victims. They also take our eyes off the ball, forgetting who the enemy is in these cases 99% of the time.

I honestly don't see why this became a flame war if ppl have issues they should take it to PM.my 2 cents...

Personally I did not even notice ... but then again I am used to IRC and /b/ where you tend to subconsciously filter out that stuff anyway or you would never keep to the thread topic.
Fact is with those places 90% is either shit posting or Trolling, the other 10% can be pure gold when mining for information.

Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.
Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital.

Authorities ID person of interest as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital - NYPOST.com

It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.
The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.

Dude please try and keep up
Bombs in Boston | Page 2 | The Paracast Community Forums

Boston Police: No Arrests Have Been Made In Marathon Bombing | TPM LiveWire

A spokesperson for the Boston Police Department said no suspects have been taken into custody yet after the bombing at the Boston Marathon.
"At this time, we haven't been notified of any arrests or anyone apprehended," the spokesperson said.
The New York Post reported that a "Saudi national who suffered shrapnel wounds in today's blast" has been identified as "a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing." The Boston PD spokesperson did not confirm that report.
"Honestly, I don't know where they're getting their information from, but it didn't come from us," said the spokesperson.

Comment from another Anon on the chat board I am watching...

Not a bad analysis, anyway I will keep my eyes open to see what comes up as we tend to get the news and information just that bit faster than the MSM

Since 9/11 security has been tightened all across America. Terrorists, who'd have in for America, are likely looking at those cities and places, were they believe they'll have an easier time getting at to planting bombs. Hence why Boston was a target?

The bombs did not kill lot of people so far, thank god- but the event itself has made an impact.

I think the likely culprits for this would be African Islamist's or Middle Eastern Islamist's? Of course, it could be domestic terrorism. If so i believe, it was likely a lone wolf event, i would think? If it turns out it was group of Americans who had planned this attack. That's scary.

Foreign terrorists inside the United States again. This time it doesn't look like the plan was to kill themselves. So THE QUESTION now is . How many of them are here planning attacks?

Are they somewhere at this time hiding for the lifes or are they now planning more attacks?

The one item that I find most interesting is the fact that no group or org. has taken credit for this dastardly attack. If it is Islamist, this seems to make no sense at present. If it is something else then I suppose only time will tell, and what ever law enforcement lets out in press briefings. However, I do not hold much hope for that. Think mushroom syndrome.

Decker

There were reports of bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines and people saying it is "a drill". Why didn't the dogs sniff out the bombs?

Lots of questions remain here. My heart goes out to all of those who were affected.

Here is my take on the flame wars- I think everyone here is intelligent enough to realize that information on this type of thing isn't always accurate in the beginning. Things tend to unfold over time. There's the story 15 minutes after it happened and then usually we get more detail as the story and more info become available. I would hope that if I made a false assumption about what happened based on the early info I had at the time, someone would POLITELY correct me.

I didn't pick up on the spirit of helpfulness coming across here. I have been guilty of this and anyone human will probably at least be tempted to react the same way. Anyone attacked and slandered because they might not have had all the facts is almost expected to retaliate in my book. Someone tried to offer information and was rudely put off. Aren't we constructively trying to find the truth here?...or are we looking for someone to maul? And what makes the other view so absolutely proof positive that the story they read was entirely accurate? The Boston Globe has been known to get it wrong too.

There were reports of bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines and people saying it is "a drill". Why didn't the dogs sniff out the bombs?

Even if this is true it isn't proof of anything, bomb sniffing dogs are not 100% foolproof, there are many factors that could cause them to miss something, like the distance of the explosive or the type of material used to make the explosive. Bomb sniffing dogs are a lot like drug sniffing dogs, they're great at what they do when everything is in their favor, but like humans they do make mistakes and they do on occasion miss things.

The one item that I find most interesting is the fact that no group or org. has taken credit for this dastardly attack. If it is Islamist, this seems to make no sense at present. If it is something else then I suppose only time will tell, and what ever law enforcement lets out in press briefings. However, I do not hold much hope for that. Think mushroom syndrome.

Decker

If i remember correctly Al Qaeda never accepted responsibility for 9/11.. When a video showed up months later with Al Qaeda leaders talking about 9/11, everyone assumed they did it.

Everyone was blaming them also because the hijackers were Saudi and had hijacked planes. It could be domestic, but nobody taken credit for this means nothing.

All this news is terrible, I really feel for the people involved. For the first time in my life I have been basically unable to watch the news as I find it too saddening. As a sports person, the horribleness of all these people running, many of them doing so for charity and good causes, and then getting their legs blown off is just to traumatic to think about.
I don't know who did it, if I was going to guess I would say a lone wolf survivalist, but regardless I am angered by the fact that no punishment is enough for the horrendous act they have committed.

So we had drills going on at the same time as the Boston bombing, the attacks on 9/11, London 7/7, an active shooter drill on the day of Sandy Hook, a drill going on in Aurora involving a shooter in a movie theater, a drill going on in Norway similar to the Breivik attack, a drill going on a few hours before the Madrid bombings, and the day before the sinking of the Estonia on 2/94. coincidence? I guess so.. but what are the odds?

Seriously.. wtf?

Back