• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bombs in Boston

The good news coming from this tragic event is we might be able to predict the next attack simply by monitoring what drills are going on.

It is truly a testament to the abilities of the Boston bomb squad to have located, analyzed, rigged and detonated the 3rd bomb in the Library all in under an hour and kudos to the Boston EMS for handing out SafetyPads intended for mass casualty situations to be used at the marathon 3 days prior to the event. :)

When at war !all are involved not just the military and civilians are fair game for cowards who especially aim at children. Agree well done US EOD Teams and will donate to the Boston Bomb Victim's Fund when they have setup a charity collection through the US Red Cross.

Well are all in this together like it or not.

God Bless America

So we had drills going on at the same time as the Boston bombing, the attacks on 9/11, London 7/7, an active shooter drill on the day of Sandy Hook, a drill going on in Aurora involving a shooter in a movie theater, a drill going on in Norway similar to the Breivik attack, a drill going on a few hours before the Madrid bombings, and the day before the sinking of the Estonia on 2/94. coincidence? I guess so.. but what are the odds?Seriously.. wtf?
Naw, nothing to see here Pixie, move along, 'ol buddy, must all be one giant brian'effin coincidence! Sheesh... Hello—anybody there? "Vigilant Guardian," this is Darth Cheney, come in VG... VG, can you hear me?

The good news coming from this tragic event is we might be able to predict the next attack simply by monitoring what drills are going on.

well then the next time the cdc has one of those zombie drills, i'm going to sign up at the nearest firing range and practice my head shots.

Naw, nothing to see here Pixie, move along, 'ol buddy, must all be one giant brian'effin coincidence! Sheesh... Hello—anybody there? "Vigilant Guardian," this is Darth Cheney, come in VG... VG, can you hear me?

I could believe a drill being run at the same time for maybe one of these events and that would be a coincidence...a very bizarre strange freaky coincidence... but a drill being run at the same time for all these other events?!? REALLY!?!? how stupid unintelligent do you have to be to believe that? seriously... who here actually believes all those coincidences?

I have zero problem with it myself.
When the local fire dept practises/trains/drills they use a fake concrete building built for the purpose here in sydney.

You cant really replicate events like these though, so conducting drills/training during these events is just good logistical sense.
Your people get to practise their skills, and in the event something does happen they are there to put those skills into practise.

Its two birds with one stone

These are the early stages following cruel tragedy when paucity of fact leads to grasping at straws and weeping and gnashing of teeth as we need so badly for this world to make sense. For whatever reason, we are living in batsh*t crazy times. It has not always been quite this way and perhaps it will not always be. In the meantime--thoughts and prayers go out to the victims. And when they eventually catch whoever is responsible I think we might consider a historical re-enactment of the use of ye olde stocks so the public might line up to pay these monsters a visit.

It has not always been quite this way

It has always been this way though. People love to look at the past through rose colored glasses, but the fact remains that acts of violence and terror have been with us since time immemorial. Whether it be tribal wars, inquisitions, lynchings, assassinations, shootings, bomb plots or world wars, this isn't a new thing. One could argue that it has become more prevalent lately here in the US, but world wide this has been going on for a long time and I personally can't see it ever ending. There will always be those who are either crazy or at odds with society as a whole, who use violence to try and make a point, or do it just for the hell of it. Who is going to save us from ourselves?

On another note, I hate the conspiracy mongering that goes on after these tragedies almost as much as I hate the religious posturing. I read a post on Facebook that said if we had prayer in schools, this would've never happened, because y'know, violence is strictly a 21st century phenomenon. People can be horrid and incredibly stupid, no amount of prayer is going to save us from that.

It has always been this way though. People love to look at the past through rose colored glasses, but the fact remains that acts of violence and terror have been with us since time immemorial.

Yes, life has always been nasty brutish and short. In some ways we actually seem to have made a kind of moral progress over the centuries and my reference to the use of stocks was more emotional than reasoned. It's just that looking through the narrow lens of personal life experience, the nature of violence has become more overtly senseless and random in the society in which I have lived. Nor was I referring to a peaceful past based on morality derived from religious belief. History would suggest otherwise. But I do see a kind of contradictory condition of progress on a large human scale (probably brought about by better understandings of human nature and better standards of living) on the one hand, vs a growing random craziness over recent decades.

Yes, life has always been nasty brutish and short. In some ways we actually seem to have made a kind of moral progress over the centuries and my reference to the use of stocks was more emotional than reasoned. It's just that looking through the narrow lens of personal life experience, the nature of violence has become more overtly senseless and random in the society in which I have lived. Nor was I referring to a peaceful past based on morality derived from religious belief. History would suggest otherwise. But I do see a kind of contradictory condition of progress on a large human scale (probably brought about by better understandings of human nature and better standards of living) on the one hand, vs a growing random craziness over recent decades.

I don't know if it has really become more senseless and random, it seems to me that it just appears that way because we go so far out of our way these days to suppress our violent tendencies and to pretend that we aren't surrounded by violence, so when it rears its ugly head and smashes its way into our living rooms, some people find it shocking, but I think it also has a lot to do with the way we tend to suppress even our very memories of past large scale violence and things like genocide. The history, not to mention a significant part of the present of this very country is written in blood, it was considered socially acceptable in the past and still is to some degree when it's aimed at our so called "enemies", but it's blood nonetheless and violence begets violence. Violence is part of us, no matter how much we would like to eliminate it. People who are expecting some kind of coming utopia are going to be very disappointed, the same as those that died before them.

Please don't think I'm saying that it's OK or advocating for violence, I find it deplorable, especially when directed at non combatants, but is it really all that surprising that the violence that we put out there sometimes comes back to bite us in the ass? I'm simply saying that we need to take a good hard look at ourselves and realize that this kind of thing isn't going anywhere, at least not anytime soon. We need to be more realistic about violence and what causes it and take a look at the responsibility that we as a society bear for some of these tragedies, in one form or another. If we ever want to see an end to this kind of thing, and I don't even know if it it's possible, but I do know one thing, we aren't going to get it by praying and turning a blind eye to the real causes, whatever they may be in this case.

And so it is now being blamed on a lone wolf right wing extremist who got the bomb plans on the internet. sounds like BS and an excuse for TSA on the streets and internet restrictions.

And so it is now being blamed on a lone wolf right wing extremist who got the bomb plans on the internet. sounds like BS and an excuse for TSA on the streets and internet restrictions.

Why is it hard to believe? After all, there are extremist nuts out there. What I find interesting is that this happens right when CISPA is being introduced. I'd find it a lot easier to believe some shitty corporation would try to pull something like this off for monetary reasons as opposed to the government doing it so they can have the TSA on the streets. That's just me though.

Why is it hard to believe? After all, there are extremist nuts out there. What I find interesting is that this happens right when CISPA is being introduced. I'd find it a lot easier to believe some shitty corporation would try to pull something like this off for monetary reasons as opposed to the government doing it so they can have the TSA on the streets. That's just me though.
It isn't hard for me to believe at all. I find it interesting that one of the injured that lost both legs was propped up in a wheelchair and wheeled down the street for what looks like a block or more with nary a drop of blood dripping behind him. Oddly enough he looks like a guy who lost both legs in Iraq. After someone laid profusely bleeding with both legs missing I hardly believe a real EMT would sit this guy upright, no tourniquets, head higher than injury and wheel him for a block or more. Looks like a photo op to me. That's just me though.

It isn't hard for me to believe at all. I find it interesting that one of the injured that lost both legs was propped up in a wheelchair and wheeled down the street for what looks like a block or more with nary a drop of blood dripping behind him. Oddly enough he looks like a guy who lost both legs in Iraq. After someone laid profusely bleeding with both legs missing I hardly believe a real EMT would sit this guy upright, no tourniquets, head higher than injury and wheel him for a block or more. Looks like a photo op to me. That's just me though.

Any pictures or video of the incident you're talking about or is this more second or third hand information?

I also can't find anything to verify your right wing extremist as a suspect quote, all the news outlets I've checked, some of the articles released within the last 50 minutes, have nothing about specific suspects. It's mostly about the bombs used which were pressure cooker bombs, which you can find instructions for on the internet but they're also frequently included in things like terrorist training manuals, so that doesn't really prove anything.

Any pictures or video of the incident you're talking about or is this more second or third hand information?

I also can't find anything to verify your right wing extremist as a suspect quote, all the news outlets I've checked, some of the articles released within the last 50 minutes, have nothing about specific suspects. It's mostly about the bombs used which were pressure cooker bombs, which you can find instructions for on the internet but they're also frequently included in things like terrorist training manuals, so that doesn't really prove anything.
So you probably went to CNN, MSNBC, Fox...
(Graphic) Boston Amputee Photos [UPDATED] | Alternative

Actually I went to Reuters as far as the suspect information is concerned, I didn't even look for the other information because its just the same garbage that was said about Sandy Hook and none of it was even remotely true. What you're talking about is already being actively debunked in the comments section of the website you just linked me to. You're saying that this guy is Nick Vogt, double amputee and Iraq veteran, correct? The problem with that is Nick is missing an ear and this gentleman, who has been identified as Jeff Bauman Jr. has both of his ears. It certainly doesn't look fake to me, you have no idea how long he was being treated for before that picture was taken and what the medics did or did not do. You really need to just stop with the conspiracy horseshit, it's offensive and really stupid. Show some respect for the victims and stop trying to advance your idiotic conspiracy agenda.

I am not saying he is nick vogt, I am saying he looks a lot like him. btw nick has both ears he is missing a small nick at the top of his left one. Fine, throw out that possibility, do you find it strange there is no blood trail, he is not reclined with stumps up or that he has not passed out from loss of blood?
154533_284240898332242_938085379_n.jpg

Back