• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bombs in Boston

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Hearing what happened in Boston was a shock but I was able to speak to CyberstationUSA hdqts. and all there are at this point OKAY! One or two CybersationUSA broadcasters were to be at the finish line for the race but for one reason or another were not able to get there. Thank God that all are okay! If I get any other information I will post it.

Decker

2 people confirmed dead, at least 28 injured. My heart goes out to those who have lost someone and those who were wounded.

We should also remember that at this time, no one knows who did this or what the motivation might have been. A few people are trying to point fingers. It's far too soon to even speculate as this is still unfolding.

I find it interesting that apparently the Boston Bomb Squad was doing a "controlled explosion" drill that day. Imagine that...:rolleyes:

It will get blamed on urban terrorists, Patriots or the tea party... just wait.

From the New York Post newspaper ...

12 dead, nearly 50 injured after 2 explosions rock Boston Marathon, suspect identified and being guarded in hospital - NYPOST.com

12 Dead, 50 Injured

BOSTON — Two explosions shattered the euphoria of the Boston Marathon finish line on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry off the injured while the stragglers in the 26.2-mile trek from Hopkinton were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts.

A federal law-enforcement source confirmed to The Post there are at least 12 dead and nearly 50 injured. Fox News reported that Massachusetts General Hospital was treating 10 people with amputated limbs and all operating rooms were on hold.

Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.

Law-enforcement sources said at least the first explosion occurred in the lobby of a nearby hotel.

AUTHORITIES ID SUSPECT IN MARATHON BOMBINGS

PHOTOS: EXPLOSIONS ROCK BOSTON MARATHON

"There were two bombs that exploded near the finish line in today's Boston Marathon," The Boston Marathon's official Facebook page read. "We are working with law enforcement to understand what exactly has happened."

According to reports, authorities in Boston found two more explosive devices that had not gone off and police were dismantling them. The airspace above the city was ordered cleared as well.

Police confirmed a third explosion at JFK Library in Boston. It was unclear if the explosion was linked to the two earlier ones that took place at the Marathon.

President Obama was briefed about the incident shortly after the explosions occured.

Obama called Boston mayor Tom Menino and Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick to express his concern fot those that were injured and make clear that his administration is ready to provide needed support as they respond to this incident.

Gov. Patrick released a statement this afternoon.

“This is a horrific day in Boston. My thoughts and prayers are with those who have been injured. I have been in touch with the President, Mayor Menino and our public safety leaders. Our focus is on making sure that the area around Copley Square is safe and secured. I am asking everyone to stay away from Copley Square and let the first responders do their jobs.”

The after-effects from the explosions reverberated across the nation, including in New York City.

“This changes everything [in New York],’’ one source told The Post. “Everyone’s on high alert. Our marathon was canceled in November. Who knows if that changed someone’s plans?’’

The NYPD has ramped up its anti-terror efforts at landmarks and other potential terrorist targets “to make sure there’s no nonsense going on here,’’ a law-enforcement source said.

Officers are scouring live feed from surveillance videos throughout the city to monitor possible events, the source said.

NYPD Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne said that the NYPD has deployed its Critical Response Vehicles as well until more about the explosion is learned.

Mayor Bloomberg also released a statement following the explosions.

“As law enforcement authorities investigate today’s explosions in Boston, I ask all New Yorkers to keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers," Bloomberg said. "I have spoken with Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, and the NYPD has stepped up security at strategic locations and critical infrastructure, including our subways."

The FDNY says their units have also been advised to use elevated caution due to the explosions.

Relatives of the victims of December’s school massacre in Newtown, Conn. were among those attending the race finish at a VIP area. It was not known of any of the relatives were among the casualties.

A White House official said President Obama was getting updates on the apparent bombing.

Competitors and race organizers were crying as they fled the chaos. Bloody spectators were being carried to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another thunderous explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Runner Laura McLean of Toronto said she heard two explosions outside the medical tent. Cherie Falgoust was waiting for her husband, who was running the race.

''I was expecting my husband any minute," she said. "I don't know what this building is ... it just blew. Just a big bomb, a loud boom, and then glass everywhere. Something hit my head. I don't know what it was. I just ducked."

About half of the runners -- virutally all the elite competitors -- had completed the course when the twin explosions went off.

It created a mad rush of bystanders, who frantically dashed away from the scene. Moments later, first reporters ran to the wounded, as their blood stained the Boston pavement.

Smoke filled the previously crystal-clear sky and the sounds of sirens rang for blocks.

I find it interesting that apparently the Boston Bomb Squad was doing a "controlled explosion" drill that day. Imagine that...:rolleyes:

3 explosions, blasts 50-100 yards apart. A very sobering press conference saying this is an ongoing event. We STILL don't know much of the story as this is still unfolding. So, who are you quoting saying that the Boston Bomb Squad was doing a "controlled explosion"? Could you please cite your sources? Otherwise, your comment is just troll-food for people looking for a conspiracy theory when our thoughts should be for the families of those killed and all those who were injured. We already have Alex Jones trying to fan the flames of insanity, throwing sh*t wherever he's able. (Notice how I cited my source?)

We should be better than this.

Sadly, you're proving that we're not. This is exactly why I made my earlier comment.

3 explosions, blasts 50-100 yards apart. A very sobering press conference saying this is an ongoing event. We STILL don't know much of the story as this is still unfolding. So, who are you quoting saying that the Boston Bomb Squad was doing a "controlled explosion"? Could you please cite your sources? Otherwise, your comment is just troll-food for people looking for a conspiracy theory when our thoughts should be for the families of those killed and all those who were injured. We already have Alex Jones trying to fan the flames of insanity, throwing sh*t wherever he's able. (Notice how I cited my source?)

Sadly, you're proving that we're not. This is exactly why I made my earlier comment.
Please try not to get your panties in a bunch. The Boston Globe tweeted it.

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs Were at Start, Finish Lines for “Drill”

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

“They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about,” Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.”

Stevenson had just finished the marathon. His wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him.

“There was just smoke, another explosion went off,” Stevenson said. “We all started running. There were people crying.”

Stevenson said there was no question in his mind that this was an intentional act.

Local 15 News is talking with more locals who were taking part in the run.

Just for RLady:
UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs Were at Start, Finish Lines for “Drill” | Mobile AL, Pensacola FL News, Weather, Sports | WPMI-TV | Local15TV.com

We have Boston Globe and Local15TV news "fanning the flames of insanity"... they must be conspiracy nuts or something. RLady will keep us posted here with actual facts. Back to you RLady... :rolleyes:

Please don't rely on cheap insults when, as usual, you don't know all the facts (and don't quote your actual sources) when you make your usual, baseless accusations.

So, I'm going to show you a magic trick. It's called "checking the sources." You should try it, too. It's amazing what you'll learn when you try.

Naturalnews.com - and other sources - quoted the Boston Globe when it said, "Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities."

They are absolutely correct. The Boston Globe tweeted this 1 hour ago - AFTER the officials had found an un-exploded device which they needed to safely explode - and well after the attacks had started.
The Boston Globe (BostonGlobe) on Twitter
(See, citing my source, again.)

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. Even if you turned on the news for one second, you would have heard when the officials said they had found this device and were going to explode it to prevent further injuries. This is what the Boston Globe was tweeting about.

Also, officials are now saying the fire in the library was not part of this event. In other words, what we're learning is still unfolding and it's way too early to make assumptions.

Please don't rely on cheap insults when, as usual, you don't know all the facts (and don't quote your actual sources) when you make your usual, baseless accusations.

So, I'm going to show you a magic trick. It's called "checking the sources." You should try it, too. It's amazing what you'll learn when you try.

Naturalnews.com - and other sources - quoted the Boston Globe when it said, "Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities."

They are absolutely correct. The Boston Globe tweeted this 1 hour ago - AFTER the officials had found an un-exploded device which they needed to safely explode - and well after the attacks had started.
The Boston Globe (BostonGlobe) on Twitter
(See, citing my source, again.)

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. Even if you turned on the news for one second, you would have heard when the officials said they had found this device and were going to explode it to prevent further injuries. This is what the Boston Globe was tweeting about.

Also, officials are now saying the fire in the library was not part of this event. In other words, what we're learning is still unfolding and it's way too early to make assumptions.
I don't have news to turn on. I gave you my sources. I am in the middle of scanning 2000 slides so piss off.

We have Boston Globe and Local15TV news "fanning the flames of insanity"... they must be conspiracy nuts or something. RLady will keep us posted here with actual facts. Back to you RLady... :rolleyes:

I did. See my previous post. I should get paid to do the actual work you can't be bothered to do, simply because you can't be bothered even trying to research a goddamn thing. It would be laughable if it weren't just so pathetic.

Now please, don't let facts get into the way of hysteria. Tell us again whatever Alex Jones says you should be thinking and never go to the source of the quote.

I did. See my previous post. I should get paid to do the actual work you can't be bothered to do, simply because you can't be bothered even trying to research a goddamn thing. It would be laughable if it weren't just so pathetic.

Now please, don't let facts get into the way of hysteria. Tell us again whatever Alex Jones says you should be thinking and never go to the source of the quote.
I happen to be working, when I am done with this job at 5pm, I am driving 25 miles to my second job. What an angry "lady" you are. Take your PMS pills or something.

I happen to be working, when I am done with this job at 5pm, I am driving 25 miles to my second job. What angry "lady" you are. Take your PMS pills or something.

I will never again gracefully take an insult from you.

I don't mind being twice the "lady" you are but I do mind having to also be twice the man - which admittedly isn't very hard. Now take your man pills and admit that the "controlled explosion" was because they were detonating one of the bombs they found. Only a child would hide behind facts that are misquoted and pretend it never occurred. You're almost old enough to be my father, so it's time you grew up.

You're not the only one who works for a living but you are the only one who uses that as an excuse for not doing your homework before making baseless accusations. That's exceptionally immature. Either stand by your statements and do actual research or admit that others can and will prove you wrong, sometimes repeatedly. Telling someone to "take your PMS pills" and "piss off" are only the words of someone who has lost the argument and any sense of civility.

I had asked in my first post that we avoid making accusations while the news is still breaking. You keep showing why. Therefore, I realize that as long as I'm here trying to stick to facts as the facts are known, you'll use that as an excuse to sling insults and distract from the tragedy. Therefore, I'll be the adult and back off and so you can have your little tantrum . My heart is actually breaking right now and I'm trying to see if any of my friends in Boston were hurt. I've only heard back from one.

Back