• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What are you reading ?

Penetration by Ingo Swann - mind blowing stuff. Also recently read Dimensions by Jaques Vallee, chronicling the correlations between modern UFO/ET experiences and ancient mythology- some fascinating ancient accounts with some interesting insights- I suppose it all ties in together on some level. Just picked up Diary of a drug fiend by Aleister Crowly- Only a chapter in but interesting so far.

I just finished 'Penetration' and I'm almost ashamed to admit that I haven't got round to reading any Vallee yet - even though he is top of my list.

Right now I just found in a charity shop a copy of 'The UFO Experience: A Scientific Inquiry' by J. Allen Hynek. I have read 'Night Siege' which was a good account of the Hudson Valley sustained flap of a few years, it's a shame that the revelations about the co-author, Phil Imbrogno, cannot but mar the authenticity. I have argued that even accepting Imbrogno's fake military claims and educational claims, his reporting of the flap may be accurate, it's just that it's hard to be sure when someone is exposed as having perpetrated pretty huge lies over a long period of time.

Thanks Goggs. Nice to hear from you to. I'll need to read penetration next I downloaded it a while back just not got round to it yet.

I just finished 'Penetration' and I'm almost ashamed to admit that I haven't got round to reading any Vallee yet - even though he is top of my list.

Right now I just found in a charity shop a copy of 'The UFO Experience: A Scientific Inquiry' by J. Allen Hynek. I have read 'Night Siege' which was a good account of the Hudson Valley sustained flap of a few years, it's a shame that the revelations about the co-author, Phil Imbrogno, cannot but mar the authenticity. I have argued that even accepting Imbrogno's fake military claims and educational claims, his reporting of the flap may be accurate, it's just that it's hard to be sure when someone is exposed as having perpetrated pretty huge lies over a long period of time.

Sometimes you find some gems in those charity shops. I've not read about the Hudson valley but I like your views on the book and would probably agree that the recanting may be accurate despite Imbrogno's shadyness. Maybe the lies were more a tactic to attain notoriety while at the same time fulfilling a desire to be taken seriously with credible research? Hard to tell what people are really thinking, unless of course you're psychic, then it's easy.

Sometimes you find some gems in those charity shops. I've not read about the Hudson valley but I like your views on the book and would probably agree that the recanting may be accurate despite Imbrogno's shadyness. Maybe the lies were more a tactic to attain notoriety while at the same time fulfilling a desire to be taken seriously with credible research? Hard to tell what people are really thinking, unless of course you're psychic, then it's easy.

Talking about 'gems in charity shops' - when absolutely not expecting to find any UFO/paranormal themed book once while browsing in a charity shop I stumbled across an absolutely golden find. Golden because quite simply, few copies, I think, still exist of George Leonard's 'Someone Else is on Our Moon'.
I didn't expect to be able to find that particular book ever, even by searching far and wide and what'dya know, it falls right into my lap!
Now, anyone coulda bought that before I saw it, intrigued at it's ostensibly mad title but no, it waited patiently probably in someone's basement or loft, then being unceremoniously dumped at the door of a charity shop. We certainly aren't talking amazing coincidence or synchronicity but pretty staggering good fortune for sure. It may just be a cheap paperback to some, but it's rarity and cult value to me was and is worth a good deal more than the 50 pence I got it for!
Sometimes you just have a really good day eh?:D

I'm halfway through Mac Tonnies' "The Cryptoterrestrials".

Yep--I should have read this before now. There isn't much in this work (so far anyway) not already explored by Vallee and others. But it's a clear and imaginative read that looks at the UFO mystery from a somewhat under served point of view.

Also just finished reading "Timescape" by Gregory Benford. A very good read in hard science fiction. Benford's "day job" as a real life physicist comes through.

I have only read about 90 pages.

Gene what other books do you recommend that are about UFO fraud and the people

in the UFO Field.

For witless entertainment an old Charlie Chan mystery: 'The House Without a Key' - loving it for the scenes of 'old' Hawaii. Ah.....

More seriously though no less for pleasure: 'Sailing from Byzantium: How A Lost Empire Shaped the World' by Colin Wells and 'Lost to the West: The Forgotten Byzantine Empire that Rescued Western Civilization' by Lars Brownworth.

There are others laying about that I pick up for inch-by-inch progress, usually philosophical in nature - those are best savored slow - like a fine wine.

P.S. With the current recommendations - and just looked it up - I will be looking into reading Jim Moseley's 'Shockingly Close to the Truth' - for the fun. Many thanks.

Last edited:
75 pages into "shockingly close to the truth." Jim is the man! So many years of experience and so much knowledge. His contribution to Ufology is greater than I ever imagined. His style of writing is quite enjoyable in my opinion. R.I.P. Mr. Moseley R.I.P.

Right now, I am reading the following:

1372762.jpg

6b67b2eba82f912e4500764ffe17c108.jpg

Dadbookcover-242x300.jpg

Back