• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What are you reading ?

I have a friend who wrote this, so reading this is now a top priority:

http://www.amazon.com/Loveland-ebook/dp/B004SRERB4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382457073&sr=1-1&keywords=loveland mercer

According to the synopsis:
When Mariel, a New York physical therapist loses her father, a former 10th Mountain Division member, to the 9/11 attacks, she discovers that he has left her his stockholder shares to the Loveland Ski Area. Mariel and her husband Jonathan purchase a Colorado physical therapy clinic, with the understanding that Jonathan will keep his New York job until they are certain of the clinic's success. Jonathan plans to visit every month, but when he discovers that Vicki, his former lover is involved with the Committee to Rebuild the World Trade Center, he joins the cause, and his Colorado visits become less frequent. Meanwhile, in Colorado, documentary filmmaker and Loveland ski instructor David La Vecchia wants Mariel to help him make a film about her father's life. Then, Mariel's brother sends her a packet of letters sent to their father by Kate, a former Women's Army Corps member who trained with their father at Camp Hale, and is currently working at Loveland. Kate and Mariel meet, and Mariel slowly learns the secrets of her father's past.

As my friend moved to Colorado from New York and spent years working for some different ski resorts, before moving to Uruguay, I'd love to see how those experiences have shaped her first novel. She's always struck me as having a way with words.

'Shaverology : A Shaver Mystery Companion' by Richard Toronto over here...so far so good. Looking forward to exploring the Deros and Teros this fall. I definitely need to find more books on the Shaver Mystery, so if anyone has any recommendations, it would be much appreciated!

'Shaverology : A Shaver Mystery Companion' by Richard Toronto over here...so far so good. Looking forward to exploring the Deros and Teros this fall. I definitely need to find more books on the Shaver Mystery, so if anyone has any recommendations, it would be much appreciated!

Jeffrey Kripal's "Mutants and Mystics" has a chapter on Shaver and gives an interesting framework for understanding this and other intersections of pop culture and the paranormal in terms of the "paranormal writing us" . . .

I just got done reading Alas Babylon. Fascinating apocalyptic book from the 50s.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

I remember reading that in high school back in the early 80's......scared the hell outta me.

Currently reading "Proof of Heaven" by Eben Alexander.......so far it's long on anecdote and short on proof.

After spending awhile on my "to read" list, i just picked up a copy of Columbus and other Cannibals by Jack D Forbes at the local library

Just bought 'The SS Brotherhood of the Bell' - my first Joseph Farrell book, which is surprising really cos I've been a fan of Joseph's for about 7 years.
He most definitely has many more possible Paracast shows in his possible repertoire. He has so much well-rehearsed material he puts most to shame. Just scanning through the book and you can immediately see all the documentation and referencing.

I'm currently reading Cataclysm by Allan and Delair. Fascinating book about a potential comet strike (Phaeton) that hit the earth around 9,500BC and which led to wide scale loss of life and destruction. Seems there's a fair bit of evidence to show that it actually happened too.

Finally done with Vallee's 'Dimensions.' Fascinating read and some convincing cross referencing of ancient mythology and modern UFO phenomena. It goes into the airship mystery of the late 1800's a little bit in the early chapters and although ive been familiar with it, Vallee's relaying of some of the accounts has hooked me...good books on the subject anyone?

I've just started reading The Devil's Doctor: Paracelsus And The World Of Renaissance Magic And Science by Phillip Ball. 40 Pages in and enjoying it so far.

Finally done with Vallee's 'Dimensions.' Fascinating read and some convincing cross referencing of ancient mythology and modern UFO phenomena. It goes into the airship mystery of the late 1800's a little bit in the early chapters and although ive been familiar with it, Vallee's relaying of some of the accounts has hooked me...good books on the subject anyone?

I've just started reading The Devil's Doctor: Paracelsus And The World Of Renaissance Magic And Science by Phillip Ball. 40 Pages in and enjoying it so far.
I really enjoyed Keel's accounts of the air ship visitors in Operation Trojan Horse as well. Good stuff.

law-of-one-book-i-the-ra-material.jpg

I highly recommend this book for those with even a passing interest in 'spirituality' and/or ET's.

Finished Shockingly close to the truth.

I really liked it and learned a lot.

Most of the UFO hoaxes I knew about but some I did not.

I've taken a dive into my favorite sub-genre of escapist literature. Barnes and Noble has a small treasure trove of SciFi short stories from the 1950's and later, for Nook at very reasonable prices. The quality of writing varies, from classic authors like PK Dick and Robert Silverberg to lesser known and decidedly less talented pulp hacks from the golden age of sci-fi in print. The best stories are fantastic and the mediocre ones are still pretty good.

Back