• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What are you reading ?

I just finished Paul Kimball's book "The Other Side of Truth" which is his personal thoughts on the paranormal that he tells through his own experiences.
Currently I'm reading Leslie Kean's book.
What did you think of Kimball's book? Any new insights? I always enjoy him and Greg Bishop's unique perspectives on the subject matter.

Speak for yourself - I don't deify 'god'!

Umm...Goggs, ...isn't that like not automobiling a car? Or not flying an airplane or something? I don't "God-ify" God. I read in the newspaper that I don't read newspapers.
There's a non-sequiter there somewhere.

Ah, you got me there Exo. Ok, let me rephrase, I don't believe in God, not in the way major religions do anyway. For me there are no such deities. Furthermore, if God in say, the Christian sense, does exist, I want nothing to do with him. And, that does not mean that I would any more want anything to do with that God's nemesis, the 'devil' if you like - they can all leave me alone please.

I finally got around to getting a copy of Mirage Men. Reading it now and (upon occasion) I do find myself screaming involuntarily Jesus H. Christ!! When that happens I mark my page, close the book and do something else.

Decker

So many people have believed so strongly for so long in a variety of different gods... it makes me wonder if some of them are tulpas at this point? (Loved that X-files episode!)

If a God/Creator/Source does exist, I don't understand where the universal law is written that he/she/it must be associated with some form of ritual worship or religion. I like entertaining the possibility of some creative source, but I can't rationalize the dude being a Southern Baptist.

Ah, you got me there Exo. Ok, let me rephrase, I don't believe in God, not in the way major religions do anyway. For me there are no such deities. Furthermore, if God in say, the Christian sense, does exist, I want nothing to do with him. And, that does not mean that I would any more want anything to do with that God's nemesis, the 'devil' if you like - they can all leave me alone please.

Right there with you Goggs. Religion tries to cram the un-crammable (is that a word?) into a neat little box, and some how de-humanizes the whole thing in the process. I don't beleive in big sky Dude in a robe on a cloud, but I do think there is something there beyond our comprehension that does NOT require worship, ...or for us to tell others how to live.

Just finished reading Joseph Murphy's The Power of your Subconscious Mind. While I found much of it rather flaky and even a bit contradictory, I can still say I appreciated some of the overall concepts in the book. It's helped me look more deeply into some of the random thoughts that go through my mind, while helping me learn to make them more positive. While I normally avoid books that are similar to The Secret, I will admit it's made me more aware of my daily thoughts and talks. It's possible that changing some of my inner monologues may be helping my overall outlook in life. I can also admit that meditating about and visualizing my goals seems to be helping me find ways to achieve them. Not magical thinking by any sense but definitely something that helps me work out what all I truly want in life.

I've just started reading James W. Mosley's Shockingly Close to the Truth. I had initially started it several months ago, right after Mosley's death, but I had misplaced the book and only just found it. So far, it's been truly enjoyable and absolutely refreshing. I wish I had known more about him before he died.

Back