• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Video Games

Alan Wake - he's actually called out as a skeptic in the game. I thought that was interesting since it made me wonder what the hell I would think if I was caught up in something like that.

An old PC game created, written and starring for just a wee bit, Clive Barker ... Undying is rather occult-y. There is also "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" ... which is rather Lovecraftian apparently but I've not played it. Those are the only ones that kind of come to mind. Not really Fortean but kind of paranormal I suppose. If I think of any truly paranormal or fortean ones I'll make another post ... but for now thats all I can think of.

[Oh and there's F.E.A.R of course as well ... and thats kind of paranormal-y ... its got the ghost of a small child in it. A bit like the scary girl in The Ring films (what is it with small girls and long black hair for gawds sake?? :D)]

Alan Wake sounds interesting, will have a look for a second hand copy. I have a copy of that Call Of Cthulhu game, though not played it much, got it recently in a bargain bin of old xbox games, still plays and looks ok on the 360, supposedly it's really good once you get into it.

Seeing as this is the Paracast, any suggestions for good paranormal/Fortean themed video games?

There was a free shooter game called Area 51 floating around the net a couple years ago. It may still be out there. The Air Force (or army etc.) used it to get new recruits. You just had to watch an ad at the beginning and maybe upon exiting the game. Marilyn Manson and David D. from X-files do voice acting in it.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

An old PC game created, written and starring for just a wee bit, Clive Barker ... Undying is rather occult-y. There is also "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" ... which is rather Lovecraftian apparently but I've not played it. Those are the only ones that kind of come to mind. Not really Fortean but kind of paranormal I suppose. If I think of any truly paranormal or fortean ones I'll make another post ... but for now thats all I can think of.

[Oh and there's F.E.A.R of course as well ... and thats kind of paranormal-y ... its got the ghost of a small child in it. A bit like the scary girl in The Ring films (what is it with small girls and long black hair for gawds sake?? :D)]

Undying is available at gametap, which I mentioned before. I think FEAR may be too, but not sure. For those that missed that post, gametap lets you play around 1000 games for 9 bucks a month. You just DL them to your computer and play it through their site.

Anyone else eagerly awaiting Medal of Honor? That looks like a badass game.

SInce most of my Xbox Live friends will be playing Call of Duty, I'll be picking that game up instead. Medal of Honor does seem good. If you like Battlefield, and I know you do Ron, you'll like the MOH multiplayer since Dice developed it as well.

Battlefield 3...Bad Company 2 has some flaws, but was fun, I still want larger maps and more vehicles.

And there's always WoW with Cataclysm coming out in December.

It's come up in a few posts that some people on the forum play video games. So I figured that I would start a section so that we can talk about stuff, share Xbox Live gamer tags and PSN IDs, and suggest games to other forum members.

So, let me get the ball rolling. I finished Halo Reach this weekend and I had a great time with it. Tomorrow I'll be picking up FIFA 11 for the PS3.

What games are you guys looking forward too?

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Battlefield 3...Bad Company 2 has some flaws, but was fun, I still want larger maps and more vehicles.

And there's always WoW with Cataclysm coming out in December.

Your a man of my own heart. lol

I cannot wait for the new Battlefield 3 also I'm looking forward to the new Badcompany game thats set in Vietnam.

Seeing as this is the Paracast, any suggestions for good paranormal/Fortean themed video games?

Perfect dark on the nintendo 64 it was set in space and you had to help the Maians (grey like aliens) defeat the Skedar (reptillian shapeshifting nordic aliens)
it was one of the best games I have played.
I think if you search on google you can find an N-64 emulator and play it. below is a screenshot
darkfinal60.jpg

Perfect dark on the nintendo 64 it was set in space and you had to help the Maians (grey like aliens) defeat the Skedar (reptillian shapeshifting nordic aliens)
it was one of the best games I have played.
I think if you search on google you can find an N-64 emulator and play it. below is a screenshot
Discs# 1 & Disc # 2 Piedrit col. Haccock co. IL.jpg

Or you can legally get the re-released version on Xbox Live.

It's come up in a few posts that some people on the forum play video games. So I figured that I would start a section so that we can talk about stuff, share Xbox Live gamer tags and PSN IDs, and suggest games to other forum members.

So, let me get the ball rolling. I finished Halo Reach this weekend and I had a great time with it. Tomorrow I'll be picking up FIFA 11 for the PS3.

What games are you guys looking forward too?

I have XBOX 360, PS3, and the Wii. I play mostly FPSs and Action Games and Madden.

But I spend most of my gaming time on World of Warcraft for the PC. It's the best game ever made.

Gamer Tags:
SGTROCK on XBOX Live (yes, I was a beta tester for the system on the orignal Xbox).
Nekeeta, Lvl 80 Retribution Paladin of the AIE guild on Earthen Ring
Lixy, Lvl 70 Mage on Earthen Ring
Alexxiy, Lvl 70 Warlock on Earthen Ring

I have never cared much for console games. I guess I could never get the damn controller down. I've always seen my PC as my ultimate gaming "appliance." The only thing I'm playing right now is a free FPS called Assault Cube. Lots of maps and modes of play and it doesn't seem to populated by poor sports and hackers like Combat Arms (which just stopped working for me after an update.)
It's pretty cool, check it out. Look for "Dr. Boom!"

I have never cared much for console games. I guess I could never get the damn controller down. I've always seen my PC as my ultimate gaming "appliance." The only thing I'm playing right now is a free FPS called Assault Cube. Lots of maps and modes of play and it doesn't seem to populated by poor sports and hackers like Combat Arms (which just stopped working for me after an update.)
It's pretty cool, check it out. Look for "Dr. Boom!"

I guess having had a console since I was 6 or so (I started with the ColecoVision ADAM) I have always preferred the consoles.

That was great! Well, I was just referring to the fact that when I was kid there were no console systems, personal computers, and the like. We had to like ...imagine things were happening when we played "Army" or "Cowboys and Indians" rather than having them rendered in millions of colors in front of our faces. "Bang-bang! You're dead! I quit!" was often heard on my block.

Back