• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Video Games

Slight spoiler for Mass Effect 3. Don't read any further if you don't want to risk ruining it for yourself.:

Great game... but the ending SUCKED. There's a theory going around about what some people think the ending meant (And it has a name but I won't mention what the name is to try to avoid ruining things for people) and I find myself subscribing to that theory. I hope that is what was going on anyway. If not app. 100 hours of fantastic gameplay and story (The entire trilogy) was undone in a span of about 10 minutes.

Online multiplayer is annoying if you don't play with the right people. I met up with an older bunch of players a few years ago and I mostly play with them. It makes it a much more enjoyable experience.
Right now I have Mass Effect waiting for my 360, but I have to finish Uncharted 3 first because I have to give it back to someone this Friday.

You mean the first ME? The first one is a damned fine game in its own right but isn't as good as 2 or 3. It's short, has a lot of technical problems (Visual glitches, huge framerate drops, etc.), gameplay is good but not as refined as in 2 and 3... but the story is equally good. 2 and 3 are very polished on the technical side and are a lot beefier.

So is ME3 worth the 60 euros ? I enjoyed one and two, heard the ending in three is shit, but as long as the gameplay is good...

Hey Dyingsun and Angelo I've been thinking about getting D3 but after playing D2 and the public games I'm not eager to repeat that experience. If you guys are going to get it and other paracasters that might convince me to get it to have some friends here to play thing online.

Oh shoot i just realized if it's like the old servers from D2 i'll be on a North American server. Hope we can play with anyone around the world.

You mean the first ME? The first one is a damned fine game in its own right but isn't as good as 2 or 3. It's short, has a lot of technical problems (Visual glitches, huge framerate drops, etc.), gameplay is good but not as refined as in 2 and 3... but the story is equally good. 2 and 3 are very polished on the technical side and are a lot beefier.
Sorry, no, I have ME 3 waiting for me when I'm done Uncharted 3. ME was full of weird issues, but I'm glad I got passed those. ME 2 is one of my favourite games of this generation.

Hey Dyingsun and Angelo I've been thinking about getting D3 but after playing D2 and the public games I'm not eager to repeat that experience. If you guys are going to get it and other paracasters that might convince me to get it to have some friends here to play thing online.

Oh shoot i just realized if it's like the old servers from D2 i'll be on a North American server. Hope we can play with anyone around the world.
I never played Diablo 2 online, since I've usually been a console guy. The thing is, I now have a PC to play games on, so I may get it for that as opposed to my Mac which I use for other stuff. As much as I prefer OS X for a lot of stuff, I don't like playing games on the Mac.

So is ME3 worth the 60 euros ? I enjoyed one and two, heard the ending in three is shit, but as long as the gameplay is good...

Oh, it's definitely worth it. Everything prior to the last few minutes was outstanding. But that ending... it's bad... really bad. It's not bad just from a "Gee, that's not what I wanted to happen" perspective... if taken literally it doesn't even make sense and flies in the face of everything Mass Effect has been about up to that point. I'm hoping it's not really the ending or that they change it.

Online multiplayer is annoying if you don't play with the right people. I met up with an older bunch of players a few years ago and I mostly play with them. It makes it a much more enjoyable experience.
Right now I have Mass Effect waiting for my 360, but I have to finish Uncharted 3 first because I have to give it back to someone this Friday.

I run with a team in the UK, theres 30 members in the clan, and have been with them for years, we all know each and get on well. We also play in tournaments and leagues and have contested some LAN Tournaments. Too many kids with attitudes do ruin the online experience for lot of people, Angel. Haven't got the time to play games on there own anymore and finish the campaigns, Get a couple of hours to play most nights and i jump on with the lads and have chat about life and stuff and play the game.

I'm lazy this morning so if this was answered earlier then I'm busted for not reading the whole thread. :p Which would be the better buy? PS3 or Xbox360? I like the blue ray possibility of the playstation but my wife is a gamer (World of Warcraft fanatic) and I'm not sure if a console (she has a pc) can handle online games well and if they can which is better. I'm more of a single game player when I play. I'm more likely to play Madden or a baseball game on it. Anyway, any suggestions?

We have a Wii which is a great little exercise machine and it handles Netflix but as a serious gaming machine it has limitations.

I haven't had a console since the Playstation 2, all pc gaming here, but right now I think the xbox 360 has a bigger market, at least in north america.Correct me , Consoleros. Tyder, the next generation of consoles is probably hitting this year, a new 'more degrees box' and probably a playstation 4, wait it out for the new ones. I guess someone playing on consoles might give you a better perspective though.

Mass Effect 3 left me feeling empty (I even imported my savefile). Great game, but what the....what ? Yeah, I get the whole :Let the Players imagination decide...but still, it didn't feel as great as the rest of the game did.I chose red btw (and blue later just to see what happens ;) ).

Back