• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
China may be poised to fill the breach. The world’s largest emitter of man-made carbon dioxide, considered a top cause of climate change, is already making rapid progress toward its Paris goal of stopping emissions growth by 2030. It has overtaken the U.S. in transitioning to renewable energy, generating a fifth of its electricity from renewable sources. The U.S. only sources about 13 per cent of its electricity from renewables.
As U.S. withdraws from Paris accord, China could emerge as leader in stemming climate change

Pretty typical liberal reply. It's always nothing or "but 97% of scientists say...."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty typical liberal reply. It's always nothing or "but 97% of scientists say...."

Typical neo-con trying to change the facts to fit a worldview.

You're just running on imagination and magical thinking now.

Just like Trump.

This really shouldn't be a political issue though - the entire world agrees on this except for the USA. In most places both conservative and liberal governments are able to see past political divides and actually look at the facts and the science. Sad!

So neither one of you has an actual scientific reply just regurgitated talking points and zero science.

What is sad is the lack of science in your science. You want to feel like you are saving the planet but you aren't. You are distributing wealth via a giant scam that will divide the masses further. Sad.

What is sad is the lack of science in your science. You want to feel like you are saving the planet but you aren't. You are distributing wealth via a giant scam that will divide the masses further. Sad.

Actually, what's happening is that wealth is being concentrated in the hands of the few, who don't want it redistributed elsewhere.

This really shouldn't be a political issue though - the entire world agrees on this except for the USA. In most places both conservative and liberal governments are able to see past political divides and actually look at the facts and the science. Sad!

It is nothing but political. No science involved.

Do you all disagree or agree that the earth is getting greener due to increased CO2?
Isn't a greener planet what you all want?

This is what's is called the Backfire Effect. Whatever facts you present to someone entrenched in a position, those facts will actually affirm their position.

There's really no arguing this topic as minds will not be changed, regardless of facts.

In the meantime, here's a great article by Phil Plait on the topic: We’ll never have Paris: Trump pulls the US out of international climate accord
Ya, but it shows how irrational and ill-conceived the position is.

I mean, it's easier to count the Trump supporters now. They dwindle by the day as the obvious idiocracy takes hold.

This is going to provide comic gold for decades. That is, if we survive it.

Do you all disagree or agree that the earth is getting greener due to increased CO2?
Isn't a greener planet what you all want?

Bwahahahahahahaha

Now you're saying climate change is real, and it's a good thing?

Omg, thanks for that. It's been a hard day. You gave me a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back