• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump manipulated Rosenstein, and Rosenstein rewarded him with Special Counsel Robert Mueller. It's the beginning of the end for Trump et al, but it will take some months before it's over, maybe longer. But it will be over. :)

If Trump is impeached you will get Pence.

Talk about jumping out of the frying pan and into fire.

I am afraid that I think this was all orchestrated, but I doubt Trump was in on the deal.

I don't know enough about the Constitution to have anything more than a moral opinion, but I feel that if Trump is ousted for links to Russia or trying to cover them up, then there should be a new Election, but I suspect Pence et al will plead ignorance and just carry on. At least I guess that is what they are hoping will happen.

Maybe things will be more predictable under Pence, but I don't like the idea of a Leader who wasn't actually Elected to the Office. We have the a similar situation here in the UK at the moment, but I suspect that she will be re-elected anyway.

I think my point is how many Trump voters voted for Pence? (yes I know we all knew that he would be Vice President but still.)

If Trump is impeached you will get Pence.

Talk about jumping out of the frying pan and into fire.

I am afraid that I think this was all orchestrated, but I doubt Trump was in on the deal.

I see your point, Han. And I despise Pence's politics as much as I do Trump's. But I think that on the whole Pence is far less unpredictable -- and outright dangerous -- than Trump.

I don't know enough about the Constitution to have anything more than a moral opinion, but I feel that if Trump is ousted for links to Russia or trying to cover them up, then there should be a new Election, but I suspect Pence et al will plead ignorance and just carry on. At least I guess that is what they are hoping will happen.

If Trump is impeached it's locked into the Constitution that Pence will succeed him as president. I think the same would apply if Trump were removed from office on the basis of incompetency under the 25th amendment. I do think there has been an effort by Pence, following Republican Party insider strategists, to represent him as somehow 'unaware' of anything relating to the FBI's probes into Russian cyberattacks influencing public opinion in the US and the outcome of the 2016 election, much less as capable of following the dots among Trump's and his associates' financial entanglements [and payoffs] as disclosed over four months now by the critical media {Washington Post, New York Times, MSNBC, CNN, Politico, and other online news agencies}. That charade won't help him since his claimed ignorance of post-election investigative reporting and public discussions of it -- and, still worse, his ignorance of what has gone on under his nose in this administration's White House -- can't reasonably hold up. In other words, his not responding to what was going on for four or five months post-election is as bad as his having known about and played the dumb bunny. Who could take him seriously either way? So if he accedes to the balance of Trump's term he will not get elected to a term of his own. Indeed, these questions and judgments concerning Pence are already being discussed in the critical media.

Reactions: Han
Remember king Midas (everything he touched turned into gold), well I'm the opposite! it is not a good omen when I am right.
If I am honest I think the best situation is that TPTB realise we need a better two candidates next time and hunker down, rather than going full Pence.

I hope Trump sees sense and stops struggling.

Fascinating that we had one or two ringers here who vanished after Trump was elected. Notice that the fake news epidemic lessened too and is not near as bad as it was then. Wonder if that had to do with the purveyors of those fake stories largely getting what they wanted, what they were hired to do.

And when Trump says he'd create all those jobs, and that we'd get tired of winning, he must have forgotten about General Motors:

GM announces more layoffs

Yay!!! Trump officially withdrew the USA from the Paris climate change accord. This is fantastic news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay!!! Trump officially withdrew the USA from the Paris climate change accord. This is fantastic news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup.

You're a nation being outpaced on climate change by China.

While they invest and leapfrog you in every way imaginable you fight for manufacturing jobs and outdated energy production.

Well done. Golf clap, everyone.

Yup.

You're a nation being outpaced on climate change by China.

While they invest and leapfrog you in every way imaginable you fight for manufacturing jobs and outdated energy production.

Well done. Golf clap, everyone.

Can you clarify? Most of my life I have been warned of this looming climate change. It started when I was in high school with the coming of an ice age. Scientists proposed putting carbon on glaciers and ice caps to slow their progress. Then it was a catastrophic warming looming but it isn't warming so now we have the all encompassing climate change approaching.
So tell me what is it you are wetting yourself about exactly?

Can you clarify? Most of my life I have been warned of this looming climate change. It started when I was in high school with the coming of an ice age. Scientists proposed putting carbon on glaciers and ice caps to slow their progress. Then it was a catastrophic warming looming but it isn't warming so now we have the all encompassing climate change approaching.
So tell me what is it you are wetting yourself about exactly?
Climate change.

And it is warming in general.

Which could paradoxically eventually lead to another ice age.

Closed systems - like closed minds - are a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back