• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nick Redfern's New Book Sounds Intriguing!

I don't buy into a word these guys have to say mind you, but it is interesting to listen to in relation to the discussion about Final Events.

'Nephilim Stargates.' Sounds like an Alfred Webre wet dream. :)

If we had this stuff in the UK, I'd be taking KFC, popcorn and a coke to sit in bemused fascination.

[/IMG]

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

And we know this how?

If your going to Quote me please post the full sentence that I typed. Thanks.

I never said I knew how many people were abducted. I said the Collins Elite would have no clue to how many people were actually abducted and for what purposes, that it could be 100 or 1000 and nobody outside of the abductors be it alien or what would have that information. So I don't think it's unreasonable to have the opinion I have.

The Alien Abduction research done by the Collins Elite for how much length of time they were doing it for me was fundamentally flawed, to understand the true nature of non human abduction you must understand the abductor, and since the abductor in most cases is alleged to be not human, and from what I understand the Collins Elite had no direct link or contact with the non human abductors. I'd therefore have to assume the Collins Elite (I haven't read the book) based their findings on information gleamed from sources ( people alleging non human abduction) but that information the Collins Elite got may or could be suspect we simply don't know how reliable it is.

The Collins Elite had a opinion the UFO Phenomenon was demonic. I don't maybe we have some or a few bad ass Aliens doing nasty things, but how nasty are those aliens really? Nobody has been killed that we know of all seem to be returned after been taken. Tales of alien impregnation sound far-fetched to me personally and the UFO Phenomenon has been around for hundreds or thousands of years minding their own business most of the time.

Another poster said the number of people being abducted by Aliens must be higher since polls suggest it, so is that how we should judge the truthfulness of an Alien abduction claim?

'Nephilim Stargates.' Sounds like an Alfred Webre wet dream. :)

If we had this stuff in the UK, I'd be taking KFC, popcorn and a coke to sit in bemused fascination.

Okay, but to be CONTRARY ... wouldn't you Just Positively shit if these guys turned out to be right .. all along? :)

Decker

Okay, but to be CONTRARY ... wouldn't you Just Positively shit if these guys turned out to be right .. all along?

Well that goes without saying I think. However, I really think what we have in all this is an attempt to understand the inexplicable and inscrutable through pre-existing religious myth and legend. I personally think it is a mistake for numerous reasons, the least of which is my atheism.

Whoever the NHEs might be, they certainly are operating in a deceptive and secretive manner, I'll grant you that. However, I think the pattern more closely resembles a military operation than a spiritual invasion. If NHEs are visiting us they are doing so supported by an infrastructure somewhere complete with command and control, logistics, supply lines, factories, and a political agenda. They are using strategy and tactics right out of Sun Tzu's Art of War for Pete's sake ... or someone is at any rate.

Well that goes without saying I think. However, I really think what we have in all this is an attempt to understand the inexplicable and inscrutable through pre-existing religious myth and legend.
I agree, well stated.

Whoever the NHEs might be, they certainly are operating in a deceptive and secretive manner, I'll grant you that.
I won't bore you with the "T" word, but the whole "ET" "CE" scenario sure smells like sleight-of-hand red herrings, w/ spoiled tarter sauce, inside a dark, steamy funhouse--downwind of Copenhagen :)

Okay, but to be CONTRARY ... wouldn't you Just Positively shit if these guys turned out to be right .. all along? :)

Decker

I'd totally shit! The idea's as scary as it gets. Even death and scotch can't hide you from frigging demons!

It's a bad-ass worst case scenario.

The Collins Elite had a opinion the UFO Phenomenon was demonic. I don't maybe we have some or a few bad ass Aliens doing nasty things, but how nasty are those aliens really? Nobody has been killed that we know of all seem to be returned after been taken....

Even Moncla and Wilson?:) There have been a few fatalities including a Brazilian human mutilation case. Still, I don't buy this demon stuff. There have been claims that more than one race is coming here, and the different types have different agendas. Some aliens have been altruistic.

Even Moncla and Wilson?:) There have been a few fatalities including a Brazilian human mutilation case. Still, I don't buy this demon stuff. There have been claims that more than one race is coming here, and the different types have different agendas. Some aliens have been altruistic.

You can believe all you want non Humans have kidnapped humans in Brazil and caused their alleged death. I'm not being unkind, stories to be positively believed do require substantial evidence to be declared true. It may well be true, but I would not state it as fact which you seem to believe it is a fact.

I would have an opinion some of these non human visitors are not from another World outside of our World.

I'm a believer in the Afterlife, and what some of us are seeing perhaps is a glimpse of that other reality once death becomes us. Many eyewitnesses who claim sightings of UFO's have often claimed to have seen the ghost of a relative or a shadow of a person and is there a connection between those separate events?
I was Christened a Catholic, but my Belief in the Afterlife doesn't come from the Church. My Belief comes from my Research into Celtic Mythology from Celtic countries.
The Druid- Celtic belief what the afterlife is like is very similar to the Hindu and Buddhist story. The Druids believe the dead are transported to the Otherworld, and life continues much as it has before death. The druids believed the soul was immortal after the person dies in the Otherworld, their soul lives again in another human body( Reincarnation)

All this talk of souls brings back up questions I have asked since I was a kid.

What is the "soul" supposed to be exactly? What is it composed of? How is it sustained? If an ethereal soul or spirit exists that retains the human mind, memory, and personality after death, what function does the physical brain then serve?

You can believe all you want non Humans have kidnapped humans in Brazil and caused their alleged death. I'm not being unkind, stories to be positively believed do require substantial evidence to be declared true. It may well be true, but I would not state it as fact which you seem to believe it is a fact.

There's better evidence for alien mutilation of animals and people than for the "afterlife."

I'm a believer in the Afterlife, and what some of us are seeing perhaps is a glimpse of that other reality once death becomes us. Many eyewitnesses who claim sightings of UFO's have often claimed to have seen the ghost of a relative or a shadow of a person and is there a connection between those separate events?

Generally the phenomenon seems technical, not what you'd expect of some mystical "otherworld."

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

What is the "soul" supposed to be exactly? What is it composed of? How is it sustained? If an ethereal soul or spirit exists that retains the human mind, memory, and personality after death, what function does the physical brain then serve?

I just can't see consciousness existing independently of a physical brain. The notion of the "soul" probably first appeared late in the first century CE. By then, many christians were beginning to doubt that jesus would ever return to Earth and physically resurrect the christian dead. So they conjured up an "afterlife" or heaven, where your "soul" goes after you die.

Not trying to convince you one way or the other but let me play "devils advocate" here. The soul is "You" Pure energy or conscieness. I think therfore I am. True? I don't know. I happen to 'beleive" in life after death based on some Personal expereicnes. But, I don't push it as absolute truth because I don't know. I don't even know how atoms and molecules and quatum physics work so I'm certainly no expert in expalining the human soul.

The brain? Well, just as our physical body allows us to interact with this enviroment and this is a "dense" physical enviroment the same goes for our 'brain" It is a beautiful design. We know that we don't "process" the whole spectrum of what is in the physical world. The brain acts as a filter and a reciever/transmittor. I would suggest reading some of the work of Dr. Morse and Doctor Braude (I think is his name.) Also, a Doctor Lomel in Europe. Anyway, don't want to (and i"m not gonna)play my scientist can beat up your scientist cause that's kinda like "my religion is true" everybody believes that. Just some very elemetary thoughts to a "good question"

My journey continues. 8)

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Here are some articles I ran across in my journeys around the "interwebs." ;)I have to admit I havne't gotten into them yet. But, they appear to offera balance of views. Anyway, just food for thought.

http://mastersinpublicadministration.com/40-insightful-articles-about-near-death-experiences

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

I am on an old browser at work so I have to "fool" it sometime in order to post. Otherwise it won't let me continue a conversation. It just adds on to something I've already posted. Doesn't matter if I hit edit or new post. Anyway, a few links for your perussal. I haven't gotten into em myself yet but they do appear to offer a balance. Also forgive me that it posted this under at least one of my previous post. I better just get back to work and post again from home with my "updated" Firefox browser. ;)

http://mastersinpublicadministration.com/40-insightful-articles-about-near-death-experiences

I'll be happy if a soul exists and in lighter moments, I've thought deeply about it. Separating soul or consciousness from organic stimuli produced by the brain and dictated by the form of the brain makes it difficult to support the idea.

For example, people say our behaviour is an expression of the 'soul'...they might identify new versus old souls. There are apparently good souls and a spectrum between the good and the evil souls.

The thing is, our behaviour can be proven to be an outcome of brain structure. Brain damage affects personality. Split-brain patients can show two distinct personalities and different reactions to something like an image of a nude. Medication can change personality. Nature and nurture have proven effects too. Doctors can skewer various areas of the cortex and elicit laughter or tears...genuine emotional changes. Serotonin levels, stunted hypocalumii or asymmetric lobes dictate personality and behaviour.

All this doesn't leave much room for souls. A soul shouldn't be manipulated by medication, structure or hardship.

Like a 'God in the gaps' argument, we've generated an idea of the soul as a multi-cultural meme that goes back into pre-history. Another area where it falls short of internal logic is the vast spiritual bureaucracy that allegedly attends to keeping the score of our actions and filtering souls off into one life or other. It's like an infinitely long corridor of offices is inhabited by administrative beings who we queue up to see in the limbo between death and the next destination. Do we shuffle up to the window and get our next assignments?

Depressing indeed. They rubber-stamp our successes and failures and send us on our way. Such a bureaucracy would need to be run as a hierarchy and ultimately have a pinnacle that overlooks the whole process and promotes, demotes or condemns our souls. Surely there mustn't be an afterlife or 'between life' that's run by accountants?! They're bad enough in this life...

Like many people, I have a strong notion of a complex web of consciousness that joins people together. Subjectively, it's a belief I hold. Objectively, it could just be that I was born with a particular grouping of synapses firing away and creating the disposition to 'magical thinking.'

All that waffle and BS is my round-about way of answering your questions with...I dunno. :)

This conversation is getting very interesting, so I have decided to add this as an aside.

On April 2nd, 1972 while in Viet Nam I was severely wounded when our camp was attacked and then overrun by the enemy. I was med-evaced eventually to the 95th Evac Hospital in Da Nang where I underwent emergency surgery. Later I awoke in the Intensive Care Ward and a military nurse was with me. After I became somewhat coherent she told me that "we thought we lost you. During surgery your heart stopped and we had to get it going again." The thing was, I already knew that. During the procedure I experienced an OBE. What I recall was during the surgery is I began choking, which ended up in massive vomiting, my air cut off and with everything else my heart stopped. I recall suddenly experiencing "floating" about 15 feet or so above "me" and I saw them standing around me and one guy was pounding on my chest. I saw this and later (much later) I realized that I had an NDE. Something was there .. a soul, a spirit, I don't know what but I was no longer in pain, or in discomfort .. so as far as I am concerned .. something else is there besides simply the physical body.

Just my take on it so take it for what it is worth.

Decker

Something was there .. a soul, a spirit, I don't know what but I was no longer in pain, or in discomfort .. so as far as I am concerned .. something else is there besides simply the physical body.

Just my take on it so take it for what it is worth.

Decker

I think there's something more too. What it is might be just around the corner in science...

Currently, there's an ongoing study in several UK hospitals. A heart surgeon has designed a study that seeks to confirm stories of NDEs and OBEs.

The participating ER rooms have objects and pictures that aren't easily seen. For example, there might be a chess piece on top of some equipment or a photograph of the coast on the wall. The idea is that if a patient is brought in unconscious and operated on...they can't possibly 'see' any of the objects.

If a patient claims to have an OBE and describes any of these objects, it will be compelling evidence that they are genuine.

IIRC the spur for the study was the amount of anecdotal tales that circulate around the medical staff in any hospital. The doctor had a couple of first-hand experiences and decided to try and test them. Given the millions of people every year that undergo major surgery or find themselves out cold in hospitals...OBEs are few and far between. They don't seem to happen to everyone and remain too unpredictable to be accepted as 'real' events. Random like UFO sightings and just as open to question...

The experiment could take years before they get anything substantial. They might never get anything. It's good that they're making the effort to find out.

Separating soul or consciousness from organic stimuli produced by the brain and dictated by the form of the brain makes it difficult to support the idea.

This is my line of thinking exactly. The physical structure of the brain, and really the entire body and its subsystems, contain everything that is the human personality. The fact that you can change the human personality by altering the structure of the brain through physical, electrical trauma or chemicals seems to be strong evidence of that.

I appreciate you sharing that Don. I've read about similar experiences before. Given the great number of reports, I have no doubt this type of experience actually occurs. There are several different explanations, the presence of a soul, brain events and what have you. I admit I don't know the answer. I don't think the truth is described by any particular myth, legend, or religious story however.

This is my line of thinking exactly. The physical structure of the brain, and really the entire body and its subsystems, contain everything that is the human personality. The fact that you can change the human personality by altering the structure of the brain through physical, electrical trauma or chemicals seems to be strong evidence of that.

Throw in a couple of viruses and the behaviour and personality can be subverted or changed completely again.

I'm drawn to the notion of a sort of shared consciousness, at the same time my critical thinking puts it down to the way my brain is wired. Cognitive dissonance in action. :D

I'm drawn to the notion of a sort of shared consciousness, at the same time my critical thinking puts it down to the way my brain is wired. Cognitive dissonance in action.

Well, I don't know, but I tend to think of human beings as being just part of a larger whole which may or may not possess a consciousness as we understand it. I don't know and don't have any strong beliefs surrounding these sorts of things. However, from what we can observe everything is built from smaller parts which function in some way in a purpose which serves the whole. We're just as much a part of nature as the bacteria in our stomachs or the atoms that make up the air we breath, why should we be outside of this prevailing order? But just as the economic system that supplies the food for the bacteria in my stomach is incomprehensible to them, so too would be whatever greater system we play our role in to us. Or so I imagine.

Uhh excuse me but I think I'm in the wrong place. Either that or my "assumptions" have been a little (not a lot) but a little misguided. :) Ya see, I thought I was on the Paracast forum. Most of the time when we disagree on somthing there is an abundance of words such as idiot, charlatan, fraud, scientifically impossible, NOT science, sky god,fairy tale and moron. But, this? Polite disagreement? Pointing out with courtesy the differences in our beliefes? No name calling or links to James Randi or appeals to Wayne Dyer? (I pulled the last one out of my butt cause I couldn't think of anybody.) :) I'm shocked. Kind of pleased but shocked. I happen to hold the bleife that we are more than the firings of grey matter. Some on here don't agree. Yet, I find valid arguments and civilty both ways. Hmmmm, it's odd, damn odd I tell ya. Maybe I should say something like "praise Stephen Greer" or something. I bet that would get some fireworks. Just Kidding! I kid the Paracast. :cool:

Uhh excuse me but I think I'm in the wrong place. Either that or my "assumptions" have been a little (not a lot) but a little misguided. :) Ya see, I thought I was on the Paracast forum. Most of the time when we disagree on somthing there is an abundance of words such as idiot, charlatan, fraud, scientifically impossible, NOT science, sky god,fairy tale and moron. But, this? Polite disagreement? Pointing out with courtesy the differences in our beliefes? No name calling or links to James Randi or appeals to Wayne Dyer? (I pulled the last one out of my butt cause I couldn't think of anybody.) :) I'm shocked. Kind of pleased but shocked. I happen to hold the bleife that we are more than the firings of grey matter. Some on here don't agree. Yet, I find valid arguments and civilty both ways. Hmmmm, it's odd, damn odd I tell ya. Maybe I should say something like "praise Stephen Greer" or something. I bet that would get some fireworks. Just Kidding! I kid the Paracast. :cool:

I like to think that the Paracast forums is one of the most cordial forums on the internet where people can disagree and keep it pretty civil, but maybe my sense is warped since I have read through too many video game forums. Trust me, the divide between skeptics and believers is nothing compared to the gap between Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony fanboys. In case anyone is wondering, I'm an agnostic when it comes to videogames - I have a 360 and PS3. The Wii is not for me, but I can see the appeal.

Back