• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nick Redfern's New Book Sounds Intriguing!

Google 'the prophecy club', it doesn't get more christian with a load full of fundamentalism then that.

At about 1:15 he starts talking about seeing a UFO as a kid and how he become fascinated by the phenomena. While he seems to be pretty well read on the subject his credulity is incredible, seemingly believing everything he reads is "real" and directly relating it to his belief system.

At about 1:15 he starts talking about seeing a UFO as a kid and how he become fascinated by the phenomena. While he seems to be pretty well read on the subject his credulity is incredible, seemingly believing everything he reads is "real" and directly relating it to his belief system.

Yeah, this guy is as 'see through' as it gets, which makes me wonder, before watching that I never heard of nor seen this person. Maybe Nick or Gene will enlighten us on this? I'll ask for sure.

Greg,

Do you know if the show will be available for download later on? I'd love to hear it. Should have the book in hand finally tomorrow. Cheers!

September 20, Nick Redfern will join me on Dark Matters Radio where we will discuss his new book "Final Events". I received the book yesterday and began reading it and was somewhat amazed at the similarity with Phil Imbrogno's work with the Djinn.

Make no mistake, what Redfern and his research have discovered (and I have made no decision on how much is real and accurate at this point) is very troubling. This is a disturbing read, but I think that if you are interested in the entire UFO field and research, this is a must read book. I will have it finished prior to the show on Monday and believe me, I will have a lot of questions to ask. Hope to "see" you there.

Decker

Got my copy today and read the first few chapters. The story is intriguing but the book needed an editor. I enjoy Nick talk on podcasts on almost any subject; he's always lucid, interesting, considered and understated... but I hate to say that I'm struggling with the book. Fingers crossed it picks up... I'm a fan and the subject matter is dynamite.

Nick's done an interview about the new book at the Hidden Experience blog....hidden experience: audio conversation with Nick Redfern

So far, I've found the concept and intentions of the Collins Elite just wacked out bizarre and disturbing. They aren't alone either...just a couple of months ago, I read an article about a UK group who also believed that UFOs were demonic. IIRC it was headed by someone in a position of power (I'm thinking someone like a senior politician or airforce guy?). Whoever it was, the idea that influential people think demons and Old Testament God is reality makes me feel pretty nervous. It means their whole world view is predicated on the assumption that everything we see and do is manipulated by, or an expression of, evil. They'll see the world as a battle between 'Good' and 'Evil' and that makes decisions simplistic and allows for vengeance without conscience.

It's not the world we live in or one anyone wants to live...

So far, I've found the concept and intentions of the Collins Elite just wacked out bizarre and disturbing. They aren't alone either...just a couple of months ago, I read an article about a UK group who also believed that UFOs were demonic. IIRC it was headed by someone in a position of power (I'm thinking someone like a senior politician or airforce guy?). Whoever it was, the idea that influential people think demons and Old Testament God is reality makes me feel pretty nervous. It means their whole world view is predicated on the assumption that everything we see and do is manipulated by, or an expression of, evil. They'll see the world as a battle between 'Good' and 'Evil' and that makes decisions simplistic and allows for vengeance without conscience.

It's not the world we live in or one anyone wants to live...

There may be a few nuts like that in government but I can't believe there are enough to form an influential group. This has got to be a joke or some kind of disinfo. We aren't living in the Middle Ages.

There may be a few nuts like that in government but I can't believe there are enough to form an influential group. This has got to be a joke or some kind of disinfo. We aren't living in the Middle Ages.

This Collins Elite have blended the more speculative ideas of Vallee with a belief that the Old Testament is a factual document. In this sense, they have the Vallee psycho-social themes wedded to demon legions. They've extended it to the belief that the UFO/demons harvest souls after death.

John Lear's no slouch when spreading ideas of pessimism and evil aliens, these guys have pre-empted him by decades...and easily out done him. It's hard to imagine a darker concept than theirs.

As for not living in the Middle Ages...you know that and I know that. Nevertheless, we're involved in a global conflict that's, to some extent, founded on religious disagreement. The War on Terror was characterised as a Christian endeavour by G W Bush. Holy War and Fatwahs? People of influence can hold ideas that haven't caught up with the Middle Ages yet. :)

This Collins Elite have blended the more speculative ideas of Vallee with a belief that the Old Testament is a factual document. In this sense, they have the Vallee psycho-social themes wedded to demon legions. They've extended it to the belief that the UFO/demons harvest souls after death.

I don't think it even exists.

As for not living in the Middle Ages...you know that and I know that. Nevertheless, we're involved in a global conflict that's, to some extent, founded on religious disagreement. The War on Terror was characterised as a Christian endeavour by G W Bush. Holy War and Fatwahs? People of influence can hold ideas that haven't caught up with the Middle Ages yet. :)

I don't think "religious disagreement" really has much to do with it. Years ago the Arabs were on good terms with the USSR, even though it was officially atheist. What mattered most was whether a naton was politically favorable. Even in the Mideast, this is a secular age. I just can't believe a significant government group thinks aliens harvest souls after death.:rolleyes::p

I don't think it even exists.

Hop on over to The Secret Sun: Final Events: Interview with Nick Redfern and see what Nick Redfern has to say about it. Comments are interesting too...

I don't think "religious disagreement" really has much to do with it. Years ago the Arabs were on good terms with the USSR, even though it was officially atheist. What mattered most was whether a naton was politically favorable. Even in the Mideast, this is a secular age. I just can't believe a significant government group thinks aliens harvest souls after death.:rolleyes::p

We can disagree over how much religion has to do with current conflicts. I think it does, but that's my opinion. I'm not sure about the 'Collins Elite' being a 'significant' group. According to Redfern, they once lurked in the intelligence community so their influence can be only guessed at.

I notice the 'dark side of ufology' that Lear and Doty helped to disseminate came from similar places. If all that was made-up BS, it's possible these guys are singing from the same sheet. Greg Bishop did an interview with Doty and he flat out admitted he made shit up. Souls, demons and whatever else seems like a new version of those memes and dreams.

I notice the 'dark side of ufology' that Lear and Doty helped to disseminate came from similar places. If all that was made-up BS, it's possible these guys are singing from the same sheet. Greg Bishop did an interview with Doty and he flat out admitted he made shit up. Souls, demons and whatever else seems like a new version of those memes and dreams.

I dn't know if Doty ever did this but Lear was notorious for stories about aliens doing horrific things in secret bases, etc. Somebody else --Castello(?)--echoed Lear or outdid him. This demon thing seems similar but even crazier--it's doesn't even have a rational sounding basis, like ET, but is something out of the dark ages.

It's an old story one that has been discussed before that UFO's are Demonic. The Collins Elite Nick claimed have a believe they're is a Satanic agenda behind all Alien abductions. The Claim is.
Aliens are flying around in their spaceships, kidnapping people and then later returning to were they took the person, and dropping them off.
If this is happening then there most be a motive for the abduction, but the question is, how many of this alleged abduction claims made every year are real?..

Maybe only 100 or 1000 people have ever been visited or abducted by creatures from somewhere else, and since I doubt anyone alive today who is Human has the answer, for how many people were abducted and why, it is safe to assume for me at least the Collins Elite research was flawed from the get go because of this!!!

If Aliens exist, and they are intelligent some would not be void of personality. Being that the case, I'm not shocked some Aliens would be hostile towards us if that is the case. Human beings are not entirely evil towards other humans and other animals, but we are not saints either. We have humans who do unspeakable things every day, and the numbers are not small. Same picture perhaps?

We could have a entire Civilisation of visitors messing around with us for centuries or even longer and they don't give a damn about us, the Collins Elite members have a believe these visitors are demonic entities feeding off or souls, I honestly don't know how they could gained such knowledge being mortal creatures of flesh and blood.

I'd have an opinion here some if not all the members of the Collins Elite are Church members of some Church, and they putting Abductions down as something evil because Humans are essentially been taken without permission no free will or choice, Which a priest I guess would claim is demonic.

The Collins Elite name anyone know does it stand for something? Collins is a name so was there a member of the group leader with that name? (question for Nick I guess)

Well there is the viewpoint that its just a matter of semantics. One man's demon is another man's extraterrestrial. The C.E. viewpoint is dictated by their religious belief system. "Spiritual" is just a label. Interpreting events through the filter of a religious belief system is destined for failure because the conclusions have already been made for you.

I've just started reading "Final Events" and my first impression is the plot seems to be straight from a H.P.Lovecraft story or an old Hell boy comic book. I find much of Ufology has parallels in old comic book plots for some reason.

Well there is the viewpoint that its just a matter of semantics. One man's demon is another man's extraterrestrial. The C.E. viewpoint is dictated by their religious belief system. "Spiritual" is just a label. Interpreting events through the filter of a religious belief system is destined for failure because the conclusions have already been made for you.

I've just started reading "Final Events" and my first impression is the plot seems to be straight from a H.P.Lovecraft story or an old Hell boy comic book. I find much of Ufology has parallels in old comic book plots for some reason.

I somewhat get this vibe as well, I can't really put my finger on it, but it intrigues me greatly.

I somewhat get this vibe as well, I can't really put my finger on it, but it intrigues me greatly.

Yes, because its a strong vibe of a high frequency! (raises arms and waves them about)

StrangeWorlds1_Marvel.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Maybe only 100 or 1000 people have ever been visited or abducted by creatures from somewhere else, ...

And we know this how?

Back