• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Football/Soccer WorldCup

Its seems Karam decide to step in!regarding French team actions towards it coach and nation and failing to qualify for next round of the World Cup!

Very shameful episode and wonder if England can match it:)
towards it coach which seems to be a discilpine issues among the professonial players. Well done England Go Rooney and rest of the players:)

Well done Australia maybe next time and go New Zealand :)

Brazil , Argentina, England or Germany. outsider Spain.

towards it coach which seems to be a discilpine issues among the professonial players. Well done England Go Rooney and rest of the players:)

Awsome match coming this sunday - England Vs Germany - if there was ever a match to win and play well this is the one.

England has no shot - I give the US a better chance now. Germany is probably a bit too young this time around.

The Dutch look good, and Portugal and Spain will be dangerous. Uruguay could surprise. Brazil and Argentina have to be the prohibitive favourites, however.

England has no shot - I give the US a better chance now. Germany is probably a bit too young this time around.

The Dutch look good, and Portugal and Spain will be dangerous. Uruguay could surprise. Brazil and Argentina have to be the prohibitive favourites, however.

Well, we'll see. Before the start of the tournament I remember plenty of people predicting a France-Italy final. Maybe this year will be the year of the outsider (like when Greece won the Europenan championship a few years ago, to everyone's astonishment).

I watched England they were better this time, but they were still bad. They were close at times to getting knocked out by a very very poor side. Rooney does not look happy and Archie not picking on you, just a comment. The English media have not a clue. You do not praise your team when they have played awful during their three matches.
I think Argentina and Brazil are the favourites to win it. My outside bet would be Germany, and my Tip for the World Cup originally was Spain. And it is not looking good for them "Spain vs Chile Today will be a tough outing for the Spanish side. I hope they win and progress.

I watched England they were better this time, but they were still bad. They were close at times to getting knocked out by a very very poor side. Rooney does not look happy and Archie not picking on you, just a comment. The English media have not a clue. You do not praise your team when they have played awful during their three matches.

I think Argentina and Brazil are the favourites to win it. My outside bet would be Germany, and my Tip for the World Cup originally was Spain. And it is not looking good for them "Spain vs Chile Today will be a tough outing for the Spanish side. I hope they win and progress.

When have I ever praised the England team? Not once. The England team has been playing way below potential, and noticeably below the performances in qualifying. The UK media has also been hyper-critical and full of scorn about the performance so far. Call this "not having a clue" if you like, but I would call this universal criticism "definitely on target."

It's hard to call the eventual cup-winner. Brazil are as usual superb on the attack, but with a shaky defence, easily penetrated by a good attacking side. Argentina look good too, but they're not the side they once were and look beatable. Actually I quite fancy the USA - and if you think this far-fetched, watch them play their 2nd round game, which I predict they'll win convincingly. Holland look very strong too.

Predictions usually come unstuck. Like the hordes of "experts" confidently forecasting a possible France v Italy final only 2 weeks ago, and the pundits before yesterday's game forecasting that Denmark were going to comfortably hammer Japan. Beware of predictions: they have a habit of coming back to bite you on the ass.

When have I ever praised the England team? Not once. The England team has been playing way below potential, and noticeably below the performances in qualifying. The UK media has also been hyper-critical and full of scorn about the performance so far. Call this "not having a clue" if you like, but I would call this universal criticism "definitely on target."

It's hard to call the eventual cup-winner. Brazil are as usual superb on the attack, but with a shaky defence, easily penetrated by a good attacking side. Argentina look good too, but they're not the side they once were and look beatable. Actually I quite fancy the USA - and if you think this far-fetched, watch them play their 2nd round game, which I predict they'll win convincingly. Holland look very strong too.

Predictions usually come unstuck. Like the hordes of "experts" confidently forecasting a possible France v Italy final only 2 weeks ago, and the pundits before yesterday's game forecasting that Denmark were going to comfortably hammer Japan. Beware of predictions: they have a habit of coming back to bite you on the ass.

I was watching some of the BBC coverage which was on the TV. Yes the English Papers are more and were more critical. Thank GOD, accurate reporting is not lost with some people working for media outlets. France was a disjointed side, before they went to the World cup. The signs were there before they arrived in South Africa. And ITALY are an old side and are lacking upcoming talent.

Pundits have no clue lol... USA Ya they might get to the quarters they are spirited side and play like like a team.

I was watching some of the BBC coverage which was on the TV. Yes the English Papers are more and were more critical. Thank GOD, accurate reporting is not lost with some people working for media outlets. France was a disjointed side, before they went to the World cup. The signs were there before they arrived in South Africa. And ITALY are an old side and are lacking upcoming talent.

Pundits have no clue lol... USA Ya they might get to the quarters they are spirited side and play like like a team.

I hope the USA do well but I am loyal to the england team and want them to win on sunday. It should prove a very dramatic game no matter what the outcome, highly charged and full of passion. I want to predict england 4 germany 0 but remote viewing shows that it will end with a penalty shoot out. (can't be too accurate here cos I don't want to be snatched and put in a lab to stare at livestock from a childrens petting zoo)

Tomorrow...either end of all days, or... :)... The 'Sun', arguably the worst tabloid in the world does more good to us then to their countries team, thanks for the motivation. :)

Ghana against the US was an awesome game too, first overtime this early in the 'real' (elimination round) tournament, I hoped for the first penalty shoot-out though.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

And by the way,

I hope the USA do well but I am loyal to the england team and want them to win on sunday. It should prove a very dramatic game no matter what the outcome, highly charged and full of passion. I want to predict england 4 germany 0 but remote viewing shows that it will end with a penalty shoot out. (can't be too accurate here cos I don't want to be snatched and put in a lab to stare at livestock from a childrens petting zoo)

The USA team were full of spirit Yesterday, and they should have won. The amount of chances they missed in the second half, well they should have won handsomely!!! Ghana, just had a bit more petrol in the tank to enable them to win the match. Today's game. What a cracker. Germany vs England. My bet would be on Germany to win. England on the day, might be a different team, and they could play better then they have shown in previous games. We'll find out the story around two hours from now.

The USA team were full of spirit Yesterday, and they should have won. The amount of chances they missed in the second half, well they should have won handsomely!!! Ghana, just had a bit more petrol in the tank to enable them to win the match. Today's game. What a cracker. Germany vs England. My bet would be on Germany to win. England on the day, might be a different team, and they could play better then they have shown in previous games. We'll find out the story around two hours from now.

Yeah England could pull a win out of the hat! However, more likely the Germans will win 3-1
USA had most of the chances but experince of Ghana proved the stronger and luck.

GoaLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:)

Sorry to bring this up again, I can't help it.. ;) Schuler, I feel sorry for Brazil today, they were the better, more attacking team overall..

And I'm fucking infuriated that Ghana didn't make it...I mean, a penalty in the 120+ minute....? I'd have loved to have an African team in the Semis..

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Sorry to bring this up again, I can't help it.. ;) Schuler, I feel sorry for Brazil today, they were the better, more attacking team overall..

And I'm fucking infuriated that Ghana didn't make it...I mean, a penalty in the 120+ minute....? I'd have loved to have an African team in the Semis..

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Good Luck to Germany today. Hope your team win.

Germany sent a very impressive message today in defeating Argentina 4-0. At least in this case, the "young legs" outplayed the "wisdom".

Back