• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Advice seeked on a "mild" contactee situation

justcurious

Flying Kitchenettes
Advice sought :) on a "mild" contactee situation

Hi everyone...

I happen to have regular UFO experiences alone or in company of friends and family. No entities but several kind of light phenomena with sometime some type of interactions and once a really hardware-looking saucer. Unlike most experiencers and contactees i read about, i have no definite ideas or belief system although the experiences i have tends to rule out the ETH. I approach the situation like a UFO investigator except that i am also the witness.

The last two years i have had a lot of activities except when i get frustrated at not understanding what's happening and stop looking (Like now). I find myself in a very lucky situation for anybody interested in the topic (I was very exited at first) but actually its frustrating because things don't seem to go anywhere, they're just around...

So I start this thread to ask for advices on how to take advantage of the situation to study the phenomenon. I have run out of ideas: tried to interact with a laser, photo flash, meditate but no change in behaviours on "their" part. "They" are just showing up, sometime daily for months on end and sometime interacting like if they were reading my mind but i feel i have no control at all...

That's why i ask if anybody would have any ideas to get some kind of grasp on the situation.

Ok i realise that my introduction is incomplete but didn't want to go into all the details if no-one is interested...

Advice from investigators, researchers, psychologists in the UFO field would be especially appreciated...

Let me know...

Very interesting. My recommendation would be for you to seek out a credible, well respected researcher in your area and get some of your experiences on record. You should also probably take detailed notes when you are exposed to this phenomenon, as well as keep a video camera and tripod around for evidence.

Without knowing the details, it sounds as if the phenomenon is manifesting itself in a manner similar to what Dorothy Izatt experienced (there is an early Paracast show on Ms. Izatt). There is also a documentary entitled Capturing the Light which is about Ms. Izatt's experiences -- it can be purchased on Amazon.

Since you seem to have multiple, long lasting experiences, have you documented any of this stuff with video and photography? That would be a great start that could lead to an explanation.

Now some will no doubt call me cynical but here is what I think I've learned over the years reading about UFOs and people who have seen them.

1) Never signal a UFO. You are just asking for trouble. See The Allagash Abduction, etc.
2) If you see a UFO don't tell anyone. It never works out and you will no doubt tell the wrong people.
3) Never touch a UFO or anything that you think may have contacted a UFO.
4) If you happen to be lucky enough to take a picture or video of a UFO keep it to yourself. See 2 above.
5) If you are contacted by UFO occupants don't believe anything they tell you.
6) Never approach a landed or hovering UFO.
7) Never submit to hypnotic regression in an attempt to regain lost memory about a UFO or anything else for that matter.

I would also add

8. Contact with UFO occupants and/or cooperation with them could be considered collusion with foreign powers and you could also be considered an accomplice in any crimes they commit. Although this has never happened to my knowledge these legal ramifications of contact seem only logical. There does seem to be a real problem in "reporting" such an event in an attempt to avoid these problems though which gets you back to number 2, "Don't tell anyone." Jim Sparks is a good example of someone who, if his story is true, by his own confession is an accomplice colluding with foreign powers to commit kidnapping, theft, and human experimentation and should be the subject of a criminal investigation. He is either a fraud or a "traitor." (Sorry Jim but that is the reality of the situation)

Thanks a lot,
this forum is really reactive,
since its the first time I post anything on any forum I didn't know what to expect...

I actually have a few pictures but I'm afraid they're just some more blobs-of-lights-in-the-sky-pictures for anybody who was not there... I am now in India where I live part time and they are in my desktop in France. I can just show you some that i have retrieved from my e-mail account, much smaller format.

pentagon-hole-10429-20080331-5.jpg

Slide-7.jpg

owl.jpg

article-1215753-06913703000005DC-68_468x479.jpg

Tom, I am listening to Dorothy Izatt's Paracast show as I write.

Trainedobserver, I agree with all your points although I am willing to take a few calculated risks and am now in infringement of rules 2 & 4, :) . I have hesitated a long time but some feedback is stimulating. Any reference materials about those two points ?

Any reference materials about those two points ?

I would say that the majority of UFO reports would support those two points. Are there any UFO reports that did not result in the disparagement and marginalization of the reporter? Are there any UFO reports that "helped" the reporters reputation or standing in the community? One very well documented case would be the Gulf Breeze Sightings. Ed Walters is largely viewed as a fraud and a hoaxer although he had multiple photographs, video, and other witnesses who saw and photographed UFOs in his area during the time of his sightings. His books Gulf Breeze UFO Abductions and Gulf Breeze Sightings provide a good case study on character assassination, disinformation campaigns, and all the rest that comes with reporting UFOs irregardless of whether you think Walters was telling the truth or not.

Essentially I think if you are having weird things happening to you, you are better served to keep it between your neurologist and yourself. If the neurologist can't find any medical explanation for your experiences your better off keeping quite IMHO. If you are compelled beyond all reason to share your story I would write a book under a pseudonym and be done with it, avoiding the lecture and talk show circuit. Not to add to anyone's paranoia, but there is in truth no anonymity or privacy on the internet and by posting in this forum (or any other one) you have essentially outed yourself to anyone with the expertise and desire to ferret you out if you have not taken very specific measures to thwart their efforts.

I hate to say these things. As someone interested in the phenomena I really do. However, I can't find a decent argument for reporting a UFO experience other than as some sort of therapy in an attempt to deal with it. Then, I would report it anonymously and only after taking precautions to make sure it was truly anonymous.

I hate to say these things. As someone interested in the phenomena I really do. However, I can't find a decent argument for reporting a UFO experience other than as some sort of therapy in an attempt to deal with it. Then, I would report it anonymously and only after taking precautions to make sure it was truly anonymous.

Interesting perspective, probably good advice in most cases. This is possibly the reason why 95% of abductees/contactees don't go on any kind of record and are obsessive about maintaining anonymity and a very low profile. This does not necessarily imply that those who do go public (Debbie Toomey/Jordan for instance) are per-se attention seekers; they might in some cases judge they have little to lose by exposure and proceed from a genuine sense of honesty and openness.

What about blatant structured craft encounters reported by professional civilian or military pilots, often with multiple witnesses? Should the same "Keep your mouth shut" rule apply? Taken to its logical conclusion, where is universal adoption of that attitude going to lead us?

Wait a minute. No one else wonder what this person is talking about before it is compared to experiences of Dorthy Izatt.

Just curious.. how big are these lights you see in the sky? If you were holding something between your fingers with your arm stretched out... would the lights be covered- if you were holding up a silver dollar? A dime? A pencil eraser or something much smaller? And for the structured craft? the same question. I assume since you are talking about lights... it was night time?

More details please.

his does not necessarily imply that those who do go public (Debbie Toomey/Jordan for instance) are per-se attention seekers; they might in some cases judge they have little to lose by exposure and proceed from a genuine sense of honesty and openness.

I attribute it to naivete. I think anyone who studies the literature and sees the abject futility of the matter wouldn't consider it.

What about blatant structured craft encounters reported by professional civilian or military pilots, often with multiple witnesses? Should the same "Keep your mouth shut" rule apply?

You would think they would be legally bound to report UFO or UAPs that threaten safety. Due to the grime reality of the matter I'm sure not everything that should be reported gets reported.

Taken to its logical conclusion, where is universal adoption of that attitude going to lead us?

I'm just stating my observations and conclusions about the business.

I don't think we're going to figure this business out before it decides its time.

I have uploaded some pics in Post#6, for a reason they don't appear as thumbnails but as "attachment" links... how do you get them to appear as thumbnails in the post ? Anyway check them but be warned, they are just some more blobs of lights pictures as you must have seen dozens already, no answers there...

Wait a minute. No one else wonder what this person is talking about before it is compared to experiences of Dorthy Izatt.

Just curious.. how big are these lights you see in the sky? If you were holding something between your fingers with your arm stretched out... would the lights be covered- if you were holding up a silver dollar? A dime? A pencil eraser or something much smaller? And for the structured craft? the same question. I assume since you are talking about lights... it was night time?

More details please.

Ok I will start with the "nut and bolt" sighting which was the first one ever:

It happened in August 1986, I was 13. I am living alone with my mother in the country side in Normandie, France. It must be around 11pm and my mother takes me to my room on the first floor to go to bed. There is a French window that oversees a field with a line of trees at the end. The trees are some 50m away (150 feet ?), and have a height of approx 8 to 10 meters. I know this field very well as its one of my playgrounds. There are no habitations in that direction for kilometres. So my mom put me in bed, turn off the light and in the very best tradition of this kind of reports she feels compelled to pull the curtain and look into the field where there should be absolutely nothing to see. She kind of shouts "What is that ?" so I jump out of bed and we are looking at a shamelessly sci-fi movie looking flying-saucer. That's an aspect that intrigued me a long time after, until I got to know about Jacques Vallée and the psychological aspect of the phenomenon.
So above the trees there is this lens shaped object, as we see it from the side, which is wider than the height of the tree and approx half the height of then trees above them. From the trees we estimated the object to be over 10m (30feet) in diameter and 15m (45feet) above the ground. The sky is full of stars and no moon but very clear. We can see the outline of the trees against the sky and the outline of the object very clearly. Just picture a classic flying saucer seen from the side showing as a dark outline against the sky except that it has a series of red lights along the rim (may be 8 of them) that could be windows but not sure about that. It has one white light on the top and one on the bottom. I remember very well the mental processes that i go through from the moment i see it and its one of my favourite memories as i will rarely experience anything like it again.

First there is a 2-3 second moment where your brain just says nothing, blank... Then you have to state what you see, how improbable it might be : "it's a flying saucer!" At that moment i am thrilled, as a kid it was like a dream come true. We watch it for a few more second then another realisation strikes me, I suddenly see the object as a container, an enclosure, from the flying saucer idea come the conclusion that there must be "people" inside. That's my favourite moment, as we watch we realised that we must be watched too, the thing is so close it can't be unaware of us. Ok this was the 30 first seconds or so. Then a cone of light (I didn't think anything of it at the moment but years after, reading UFO literature I understood that it was a truncated cone of light), appears from the top white light and just as it appears it starts turning clockwise in a very mechanical fashion that we see only in computerised light shows. It does a full turn and exactly as it come back to its starting place (straight up) it turn off (again this mechanical precision feeling).
So we are watching this thing and i want to say that its not something you can be mistaken about, we don't have to squint or make an effort to see it, it's not like "it looks kind of a flying saucer no ?", it's just too clear, in your face, out my window where i know the view by heart. After maybe a minute the clockwise-turning cone does exactly the same thing. At that moment I am very thrilled but my mom starts to be worried. She says : "it's going to do it again" and the cone appears and go round and turn off in the same manner every minute or so, its takes some 5 secs to do its full turn each times. All the while the object is absolutely stationary, may be swaying slightly from side to side. After some 20 minutes my mom is really scared and says "they're going to take us" which doesn't seem like such a bad prospect for the sci-fi loving teen I am at the time. But she decide to leave the house to go to my uncle's place in the main village 1 Km away. So we are running in the dark and i turn around and see the house outlined against the sky but can't see the object which was the other side. As I run and look behind I remember seeing the moonless sky and be awed at the glory of stars and thinking "this is sooo coool !".

Then we reach my uncle's place, who's a very fundamentalist Christian and does not believe us. He says that it must have been farmers harvesting corn at night so they use strong lights. Except that i knew those fields very well and they are used only for cows. I should know, how many times i had teased them, chasing them on my bicycle. And anyway its was too clear, just above the trees and i can tell you, 20 minutes is a long time to watch a bus-sized movie prop parked in front of your window.

My regret is not to have stayed to see it go away or something.
The next day I went to the spot, mom too scared to come and I saw nothing. I regret too that as a kid I didn't inspect the place properly like I would do now. There was no obvious signs so i came back.

Ok I think that's it, if you have any questions that I might not have covered please ask.
I'll describe the lights (pls check pics in post #6) I've been seeing the last two years in another post, I have a very short attention span with a keyboard (unless it's a piano :))

Sorry, and everyone's going to hate me, but for your own good you need to receive this obligatory visit from the Grammar Police: There is no word "seeked" in English. The word you're looking for is "sought". Anything else is frankly baby talk.

Sorry, and everyone's going to hate me, but for your own good you need to receive this obligatory visit from the Grammar Police: There is no word "seeked" in English. The word you're looking for is "sought". Anything else is frankly baby talk.

Thanks Kevin, that was very helpful :) ...

Aie ame vairry sorrry fore maye ingliche butt it is bicose I ame a stoupide Frainche whou cannote even speek ingliche propeurlie...

To thank you for your generous and oh so apt participation, I take the liberty to bring to your attention another forum exclusively dedicated to English grammar where your skills and sharpness of spirit must be desperately seeked.

English to French, Italian, German Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com

You might also appreciate : http://www.seeked.com/

My intention is to sue Microsoft Corporation for "failure to underline in red the word 'seeked' in my word processor thus causing me to look stoupide in front of everybody".
I would be grateful if you would accept to testify in court to help me clear this absolutely fundamental issue.

And... Baby talk... please develop...

PS: i don't know about "everyone" but I don't hate you ...
PPS: Unless I am unconsciously repressing my hatred, I will undergo an hypnotic regression asap and let you know ...

Why do so many UFO experiencers start having these experiences between the ages of 12-14? I don't expect an answer to that, BTW - just expressing curiosity. So many people I've heard describing UFO experiences mention those ages as a starting point. I was 12 when I saw an anomalous object hovering over the field behind my house, in the middle of the night.

Anyone else here have UFO experiences kick off when they were around 12-14?

Thanks Kevin, that was very helpful :) ...

Aie ame vairry sorrry fore maye ingliche butt it is bicose I ame a stoupide Frainche whou cannote even speek ingliche propeurlie...

To thank you for your generous and oh so apt participation, I take the liberty to bring to your attention another forum exclusively dedicated to English grammar where your skills and sharpness of spirit must be desperately seeked.

English to French, Italian, German Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com

You might also appreciate : http://www.seeked.com/

My intention is to sue Microsoft Corporation for "failure to underline in red the word 'seeked' in my word processor thus causing me to look stoupide in front of everybody".
I would be grateful if you would accept to testify in court to help me clear this absolutely fundamental issue.

And... Baby talk... please develop...

PS: i don't know about "everyone" but I don't hate you ...
PPS: Unless I am unconsciously repressing my hatred, I will undergo an hypnotic regression asap and let you know ...

The more you write the English language, the better you will become friend. My native Language and first language is Irish or Gaeilge ( Irish is the English version) I still find it hard to write clear and coherent English at times. For a large part of my life, i spoke and rarely used English, only for work. When at home, I spoke Irish and when among some of my close friends, i use, Irish to speak to them Both Languages are completely different to one another Irish and English. Anyway i speak some French too, i spent some of my early childhood and teens visiting my uncle in France. He lived in the area of Bretagne. Do you know that area? J'aime Votre Histoire ovni. Trés intéressant, nous, espérons devenir amis et rester sur le forums?

Why do so many UFO experiencers start having these experiences between the ages of 12-14? I don't expect an answer to that, BTW - just expressing curiosity. So many people I've heard describing UFO experiences mention those ages as a starting point.

That's an interesting remark thx ; Especially since my wife also had her first UFO experience at.... 13! We had obviously noted the similarity between us but it's interesting to hear you say that it is a common age for a first UFO event.

That brings me to a weird detail of my UFO story. My wife and I married a year ago and had not talked about our experiences before we decided to live together. It's only when I told her about my experiences that she recalled the major apparition she had had at 13 and that she had stopped thinking about, not finding any frame of reference to put it in.
Could be a coincidence but it's the kind of thing that makes you wonder how much control you really have over your life. We take it as a joke that we must be part of a breeding program :)

Now we both share this "relationship" (it's really how it feels after a while) with the light phenomenon that I haven't described yet and that make the majority of our UFO events, with what Vallée (he had is first UFO at 14 right ?) calls para-psychological effects. I'll go into that another time if anyone is interested, but I'll re-try to upload the pictures now :

idea1draft1_paracast_lowres.jpgScreen-shot-2011-05-03-at-6.40.jpgbush_bin_laden_oscar.jpgObamas-Bin-Laden-2.jpg

About the pictures :

-If you think they're fake, OK no point to argue...

-If you think they are camera artefacts, then I'll ague that what's on the pictures is exactly what I was aiming at, Occam won't let us hypothesise that an artefact exactly like the thing I was hallucinating appeared on the picture :).

-If you think they're bad pictures of planes, satellites, Venus or other conventional phenomena I'll say that those things have a very unconventional behaviour, with clear signs of intelligence and even a sense of humour, although the word intelligence could be an understatement given the mind-reading capacity and other freaky properties they display.

I attribute it to naivete. I think anyone who studies the literature and sees the abject futility of the matter wouldn't consider it.

You would think they would be legally bound to report UFO or UAPs that threaten safety. Due to the grime reality of the matter I'm sure not everything that should be reported gets reported.

I'm just stating my observations and conclusions about the business.

I don't think we're going to figure this business out before it decides its time.

Get others to observe this phenomena with you and see whether they are sharing the experience as you are.
and provide this site with regular updates please.

Why do so many UFO experiencers start having these experiences between the ages of 12-14? I don't expect an answer to that, BTW - just expressing curiosity. So many people I've heard describing UFO experiences mention those ages as a starting point. I was 12 when I saw an anomalous object hovering over the field behind my house, in the middle of the night.

Those sensitive years of the pre-pubescent/early teens are frought with change - biological and psychological. In some cultures and religions a boy becomes a man at that age and of course a girl begins to menstruate. [Poltergeist activity has been noted to manifest around boys and girls at this age too.]

Get others to observe this phenomena with you and see whether they are sharing the experience as you are. and provide this site with regular updates please.

The following would be an "ideal" situation in which to photograph a reoccurring phenomena.

1 Have someone photograph or video you while you are photographing the phenomena. Ideally the picture would have you and the phenomena in the same shot.
2 Have someone else (preferably two additional people) simultaneously take photographs of the phenomena from a different location than yours.
3 Mark the position of your feet with chalk or otherwise mark the exact locations of yourself and the accompanying photographers.
4 Record all the particulars of the sighting, the setting on the cameras, the surroundings, and so forth as best you can as soon as you can.
5 Return to the site the next morning/day, assume the previous positions and reproduce the photographs.
6 Take additional reference photographs of the general area of where the photographs are taken.

Back