• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Advice seeked on a "mild" contactee situation

I think Black background Photos tell's us nothing really. It not a attack on Justcurious. It just a point of view. To be honest DAYLIGHT photos does tell us more about what the object is But I think still photo evidence is better than video evidence.

I think Black background Photos tell's us nothing really. It not a attack on Justcurious. It just a point of view. To be honest DAYLIGHT photos does tell us more about what the object is But I think still photo evidence is better than video evidence.

Ideally you would have someone take a picture of you (with phenomena in frame) taking a picture of the phenomena with some other object also in the frame, such a telephone pole, tree, building, clouds, or aircraft as a reference. Objects photographed against a blank sky (night or day) don't tell us much.

Ideally you would have someone take a picture of you (with phenomena in frame) taking a picture of the phenomena with some other object also in the frame, such a telephone pole, tree, building, clouds, or aircraft as a reference. Objects photographed against a blank sky (night or day) don't tell us much.

Even with all that seen in a black background photograph, i sill think you learn very little, about the object. But if taken in daylight with the objects you mentioned being in the photo, it sheds more light on what the object could be. Daylight photos tend to explain lights seen in some photos at Night as being Chinese lanterns.

Hi everyone, thanks again for sharing ...

Get others to observe this phenomena with you and see whether they are sharing the experience as you are. and provide this site with regular updates please.
I cleared that step early in the beginning of my experiences, yes other sees it and a few have started to have visits too, my camera sees it too.

The following would be an "ideal" situation in which to photograph a reoccurring phenomena. 1 Have someone photograph or video you while you are photographing the phenomena. Ideally the picture would have you and the phenomena in the same shot. 2 Have someone else (preferably two additional people) simultaneously take photographs of the phenomena from a different location than yours. 3 Mark the position of your feet with chalk or otherwise mark the exact locations of yourself and the accompanying photographers. 4 Record all the particulars of the sighting, the setting on the cameras, the surroundings, and so forth as best you can as soon as you can. 5 Return to the site the next morning/day, assume the previous positions and reproduce the photographs. 6 Take additional reference photographs of the general area of where the photographs are taken.
I am familiar with basic investigation techniques, but the measures you mention would mainly help me prove that I am neither lying nor crazy and I have little motivation for that as there would always be someone not satisfied with the evidences. Beside, a good number of governments and almost the whole of ufology has been conducting their investigations along these lines. I am in no position to rule out the fact that this approach will one day lead to a solution to the mystery but it is not the path I choose given the nature of my experiences. I know I haven't explained what they are, I will, and some might then agree with the futility of conducting quantitative measures, as it seems to me. Quantitative values are the base of sciences concerning "inanimate" topics but quickly loose power/meaning as we move toward more complex systems like social groups, economy, the more subtle layers of biology not to speak about the brain or conciousness itself. I think that the UFO phenomenon as most of the paranormal phenomena is of the later kind (again based on my experience of it).

Those sensitive years of the pre-pubescent/early teens are frought with change - biological and psychological. In some cultures and religions a boy becomes a man at that age and of course a girl begins to menstruate. [Poltergeist activity has been noted to manifest around boys and girls at this age too.]
Thanks, this is the kind of qualitative informations/tips I am looking for.

I think (and that is just my current working hypothesis not a dogma) that the phenomenon can take any shape it wishes, I would go as far as saying that what every culture now and in history has experienced as paranormal from elves, UFOs, to all kind of shamanistic experiences is the manifestation of the same source/entity/intelligence. UFO topics are discussed in paranormal forums after all, I don't think it a coincidence or just due to lack of data. Also UFOs events are often accompanied by other paranormal occurrences. Would you tackle the ghost problem with numbers and chalk outlines around your feet?
Everyone has heard the story of the the three blinds guys touching an elephant (one's got the tail so he says it's a snake, one's got a leg so he says it's a tree and so on), they're all wrong and I think this relates to ufology in that as those blinds scientists, we lack one or probably more senses to experience the full reality of the phenomenon. In our case, those senses we lack are the right paradigms, paradigms being the sensory organs of the mind (I didn't say the brain:).

OK, I've been kind of countering some of your inputs so I want to make clear that I am gratefull for all your interventions (including grammatical points, lol Pleess kiip polichingue mi Angliche). I am actually very pleased with the reaction on the forum but may be I should re frame the clumsy presentation of my request from my first post:

My goal is not to:
- convince the world that UFOs exists
- convince the ones that already know/believe that UFOs are real, that I see a lot of them and that they interact with me since the last two years
- add to the huge mass of quantitative data already present in ufology

Rather: take advantage of the relationship component of my situation to widen the "contact" channel as I think it's where answers awaits.

My position will become clearer when I go through the bulk of the experiences which are the mind-reading light phenomenon, sorry again for not having been into that yet, next post...

PS: as I said in my first post, I was now in a phase where "i get frustrated at not understanding what's happening and stop looking" but this discussion with you guys being stimulating, my wife and I decided to have a watch on the terrace at the time they usually show up (between sunset and full dark which is when they're always here but they can also show up in the middle of the night) and something showed up except that this type was the first time for us. I took only one picture as it faded out before my cheap Cannon finished processing the shot, I'll post it...

I don't think we're going to figure this business out before it decides its time.

Also one my working hypothesis, but the time it decides might depend on something on our part, being an action, an attitude or a paradigm breakthrough. That is why I ask for advice since the experiencer position I am in is a great opportunity for trying things out rather than the usual measures-taking investigation protocol...

Get others to observe this phenomena with you and see whether they are sharing the experience as you are. and provide this site with regular updates please.

Here are the pics of the last "event", although this was brief and distant (no closer than a Km) and would probably not bother a skeptic...

We didn't see it appear or come there, we just noticed it then it stayed on the spot for some 30 secs than faded off on the same spot. It had shaper edges, looked less "thick" and a somewhat clearer/brighter colour than on the picture. The star on the right is Venus, you can see that my shaking the camera has elongated the star diagonally and that the "object" is elongated in a different direction. I have no clue as to what those blurry white smears are, they weren't visible to the eye and do not appear on the next pic.
I include a picture taken a minute after it disappeared for reference.

This type (stationary and elongated) is a first for me, I welcome the novelty, may be its my threading on this forum that provoked it (highly speculative, just saying), in that case thx guys... :)

small_anonymous%20ufo%20prank.jpg
scratches.jpg
AnnieJacobsen.jpg
150px-Jan_Vermeer_van_Delft_007.jpg

So, I'll now describe the light phenomenon,

It started to be really insisting in June 2008 while I was visiting my mother in the centre of France (Auvergne). Prior to that, say in the preceding six months I was in India and Spain where I had witnessed a few lights already and that had reminded me of my childhood saucer and kick started my interest in the topic. Then I started for the first time, at 35, to read all I can about UFOs, surf the net, etc. So one night in June 2008 around 1pm, I went out to smoke a cigarette and as I watch the stars (clear summer sky) a white light, bigger than a star can be, zooms in a curved trajectory that could pass for a shooting star but it's really sharper, more defined and doesn't leave a trail. It's instantly followed by another one that does almost a full circle, no mistaking it for a meteorite this time.

The next day just after sunset the same kind of light crosses the whole sky from west to east, quite slowly (25/30secs), it's really magnificent, this kind of mega white you see only with some type of welding. In the same 15 minutes it passes two more times, much closer, and probably because of the proximity it appears super fast. The third time it seems to be just a few meters above the house's roof and disappears toward the forest (south).

The next day it happens at the same time again and exactly the same trajectories for the three passes . I can't start to figure what that means but its strikes me ...

For the next 4 month I walk in the fields daily, from sunset to full dark, often with my younger sister and sometime my mother, and/or friends and each time the lights are there... I am so hooked at the thing that I stayed four months instead of the 2-3 weeks I had planned to visit my family and I didn't miss a single day!

Some days there are up to twenty of them but never more than 5 or 6 at the same time. And there is always the one we nicknamed "The Boss" that crosses the whole sky, slowly, mostly from west to east but sometime not and that I can't qualify in any other way than "glorious" because of the impression of nobility it emanate. (OK I'm not starting a cult or anything , as I said in my first post I really approach the thing with a research angle, but I just state this impression of "class" like you can have sometime with some wild animals, say a really big deer.)
They have a repertoire of things they do like appearing/disappearing, pulsating, fusing, separating, going green, chasing each other in a manner that appears "playful", flaring (that is getting several times bigger) and either getting back to their initial size or exploding. When they explode you can see a sort of shock wave of light that spread out like the ripples of a stone in thrown in calm waters. When they are high they appear bigger than stars and pretty fast but when they come closer, a few tens of meters away, they look much less defined, plasma like and real fast, gone in a sec or two...

Its very subjective but the whole impression is of living things with attitude and even humour.

I'll give some details that shows the telepathic abilities and humour of the things. In the first month I am still expecting and hoping that it's just the build up to something more. Feels naive now but at the time, when you suddenly have rendezvous every day with something like that you start dreaming of landings and may be contact. (lol that would have been too easy). So one day as The Boss is passing I start to think "c'mon land - land - land" etc . And the thing stops just above me and starts to get bigger and bigger like if it's actually coming down pretty fast. When it's the size of, say, a ping pong ball in your outstretched arm, I feel a shiver down my spine and realise that it's a thing to shout mentally "land, land" and another to be ready for it... At that moment the thing stops and resume its original trajectory, leaving me deliciously dumbfounded!

Another time I am in the field with my mother waiting for the show and talking about the first "hardware" sighting we had some 20+ years ago. We are standing shoulder to shoulder in the field but facing opposite directions, scanning the sky. I say something like "May be they showed up that night to make us think along different lines or something", Mom replies "Oh me it didn't make me think much, I got scared that's all...HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" Just as she finishes her sentence she starts screaming so I turn round and there's one that is zooming full speed toward us (that is getting bigger really fast) and disappears suddenly but this time it was more the size of a melon before disappearing . I can only interpret this as a joke, kind of reply "ah yeah we scare you ? , Bouh !"

A last one, humorous too I find : This is really toward the end of those 4 months, like mid September, the sky is totally covered with clouds except for a patch the size of approx two full moons . My sister is with me, we are a bit cold and with the cloud cover we think that nothing will happen today so we start coming back home. As a joke I point at the patch of open sky and say "C'mon! one here before we get home!" Just as I finish my sentence, not one but two lights crosses each other at right angle, right at the centre of the patch of clear sky...

I realise that this is no contactee material, not much to start a religion, but this bit with the cross tells me a few things :
-They know what I think
-They can be anywhere they want at any time they want
-They are not spaceships
-They like jokes :cool:

I do not refute the nut & bolt theory for other types of sightings, including my first, but that's certainly not what's happening to me now ...

What intrigue me the most is the amount of experiences I have compared to the apparent futility of the events...

And there was this time in February this year, I am on a roof top in an Asian capital, watching, and a pulsating one passes and after a few seconds it shoots a ray of green light in my right eye and I see all green from that eye for half a minute (I know, the after image should have been red but it was green). May be a revenge for my pointing a green laser at them during the first phase in 2008...;)

Plus there is this strange anomaly over my house in Google Earth, casting a shadow in the right place (picture dating January 2008 ), probably an artefact but really weird. Because of that I've been checking website that collect this kind of stuff and mine is the best I've seen...

Guys, I know what I'm saying sounds totally clueless but why do you think I joined this forum ?:D

OK I'm getting tired of the keyboard, so I'll conclude for now. This has been going on for two years now, I even married a girl and learned after that she had also a major sighting at 13, so now we are two checking this meaningless show.

To be continued...

Those are Google Earth picture showing my house (just at the tip of the luminous thingy).
There is obviously something that shouldn't be there...
The measurement tool in the navigator tells me that the globe is 7.3 meters (24 feet) in diameter.

bowling_ball_1.jpg

12_3_2007_magic_wand.jpg

Ideas anyone ? :confused:

I think that's freaky. Anyway to tell "when" that picture was taken. For example I can look at my Dad's old house and still see his pickup in the backyard although he died years ago and someone else lives there now. I have no idea how often they update those things.

Those are Google Earth picture showing my house (just at the tip of the luminous thingy).
There is obviously something that shouldn't be there...
The measurement tool in the navigator tells me that the globe is 7.3 meters (24 feet) in diameter.

My best guess is that it's light reflecting off of an ice particle.

Thanks for your inputs, I was starting to feel lonely here ;).

I think that's freaky. Anyway to tell "when" that picture was taken. For example I can look at my Dad's old house and still see his pickup in the backyard although he died years ago and someone else lives there now. I have no idea how often they update those things.

Trainedobserver, I'm not sure I get you. What do you find freaky ? The fact that I give the date of the picture or the picture itself ?

I know the date of the pic because the Google Earth navigator I was using at the time was indicating the date of each pictures. I checked with other pictures too... Look at the pics, you'll see "21 janv. 2008" written on the bottom right side of the window. "Janv" is the abbreviation of Janvier which is the name for January in French. I don't know why later versions of Google Earth don't offer this functionality any more. Or may be there's an option to tick in the control panel, I'll check. Also, my area undergo drastic seasonal changes because of the monsoon we have here and the state of the vegetation in the pics is consistent with the date given.

My best guess is that it's light reflecting off of an ice particle.

Lol, NASA's favourite explanation ;)

Seriously, it's a very interesting hypothesis, thank you. I had not thought at all that it could be something in orbit between the satellite and the ground. It would also explain why the thing is leaving a trail. My reasoning was that if the thing is on or close to the ground, the trail cannot be caused by the satellite's movement because everything else should be blurry too. Plus I had checked for reflections off swimming pools or car windshields in the same pictures and found none that are so big, leave a trail or are surrounded by this rainbow effect like this thing. But if it is as you said an ice particle, the trail could be caused by the fact that's it is crossing the satellite view going in an opposite direction, or even if its orbiting in the same direction, being closer to earth would mean that it is on a faster orbit and overtaking the satellite, hence the trail...

However it doesn't explain the alleged shadow that is at the right place (I know that by looking at the other shadows in the picture, especially the coconut trees, and it even gives me the time of the day, around 10 am). I went in the field where the "shadow" is, and saw nothing unusual. I really know the place well and can't explain what can cause this dark area, and why it seems to exhibit the same angular appearance as the UGO (Unidentified Google Object;)), including the "tail".

Anyway, even if it is an artefact of whatever kind, it is really an amazing coincidence that it'd be over my house at the time I have daily visits by very similar looking thingies and that a yet unexplained dark area appears on the ground just were a shadow could be...

That's just one more weird stuff in the story. That's not even synchronicity, that's atomic clock punctuality :exclamation:.

Anyway, even if it is an artefact of whatever kind, it is really an amazing coincidence that it'd be over my house at the time I have daily visits by very similar looking thingies and that a yet unexplained dark area appears on the ground just were a shadow could be...

The shadow you're pointing out seems to be of the tree that's directly in front of it, not of the object. Since you get daily visits from these things, have you thought of renting a camera with a 300mm telephoto zoom and a good tripod. You would be amazed at the quality of photograph that you would get. Or even a decent videocamera, so that you could track the movement.
I doubt that it's anything paranormal, but it would be nice to find out what is causing the lights that you have photographed.

I was just remarking that the image was freaky looking. There are any number of prosaic explanations for it or maybe its what you have been seeing. It is funky looking though.

The shadow you're pointing out seems to be of the tree that's directly in front of it, not of the object. Since you get daily visits from these things, have you thought of renting a camera with a 300mm telephoto zoom and a good tripod. You would be amazed at the quality of photograph that you would get. Or even a decent videocamera, so that you could track the movement.
I doubt that it's anything paranormal, but it would be nice to find out what is causing the lights that you have photographed.

I know the place, there is no tree there hight or big enough to cast this shadow... if it is a shadow. Anyway I also tend toward the artefact explanation for this one but can't explain it yet...

The pictures I have uploaded were taken with a Pentax and a 150mm zoom. The problem is that when they are close they are really too fast and when they are far they still move too much for a tripod, so the combination of zoom plus hand-shaking makes it difficult. I can just assure you that all the pics I have uploaded correspond to what you would have seen with your naked eye; I have loads of others that are to blurry... A few others are okay, not better.

I agree with you, getting better shots is my top priority at the moment. I don't own a video camera yet and I'd rather wait to be able to buy a really good one than being disappointed. I also intend to get some shots with a diffraction filter to get some data on the electromagnetic spectrum of those things.
But I am now in my Indian residence and the monsoon has started and will continue for the next 3/4 months, so I won't see much till then.

As for a non-paranormal explanation to the whole story I am not sure what you mean. I can't figure what normal luminous phenomenon (being magnetic, plasma, or whatever) would appear to me in 6 locations, in 4 countries, over 2 continents with this regularity for two years. Not to speak about the obvious (to me) ability it has to respond to my thoughts (when it feels like).
Also there are 3 events involving beings that I was reluctant to mention and even to acknowledge to myself that I haven't told. 2 briefs contacts with gray type for me and one much longer for my wife. (I somehow separate them from the luminous phenomenon but it is admittedly a subjective feeling)

Anyway, the amount and regularity of the events occurring to us picks my curiosity more than any of the sightings taken individually. The Google image is more a funny anecdote in the whole context, but still not to easy to solve.

Thank you for your stimulating inputs.

Justcurious,

I noticed you blurred the LAT and LONG entries in the lower left hand corner of the image. I understand you want your privacy, but have you had someone else monitoring or at least reproducing the image? I am not sure how often Google Earth refreshes its images, but it would have helped to have another individual corroborate the image by reproduction on another computer. Otherwise some might just consider it a fake doctored image (not that I am assuming it is) :)

Or many Camera's 10 to 12 feet apart with something in the frame of each for reference and angle. This is a cheap mans way of generating a stereoscopic image and from this things like distance and altitude. Given multiple frames of video or multiple still images with timestamps speed, direction and variances in altitude can also be determined. You might also want to record atmospheric conditions such as barometric pressure, temperature, and relative humidity.

Justcurious,

I noticed you blurred the LAT and LONG entries in the lower left hand corner of the image. I understand you want your privacy, but have you had someone else monitoring or at least reproducing the image? I am not sure how often Google Earth refreshes its images, but it would have helped to have another individual corroborate the image by reproduction on another computer. Otherwise some might just consider it a fake doctored image (not that I am assuming it is) :)

Yes I did, for the reason you mention.

Images are not refreshed evenly, lest populated areas will have the same picture for longer.

I had found this shortly after January 2008 and I checked a few days back, just before posting and it was still there. Although I noticed that the people at Google have kind of equalised the colours between adjacent pictures to reduce the patch-work effect and the picture where my house is situated has a bit greener tint than what I posted.

I appreciate that nobody here has doubted of my sincerity. Anyway as I said in another post, I wouldn't argue on that. However I would prefer to know if anybody has any second thoughts .

As to corroborate this picture, I am OK to give the coordinates to one or two members of this forum who could confirm. (If they give me their word not to reveal them or even the region, in any way more precisely than the country (India), now or ever, until I choose to do it myself). What about Angel and Tom ?

Are you okay with my condition ? :cool:

I would have nothing to gain by divulging your address. You don't need to send it to me if you're worried about it. It probably won't change my opinion that it isn't anything paranormal.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

I took at google maps and the thing is there. Justcurious did not add it to the image he posted. I still maintain that it isn't anything special.

Back