• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whitley Strieber

You would think that if you have had experiences that are true or you believe to be true you would want to have tough questions asked.This would be the best way to turn skeptics into believers.I believe that he would be treated fairly by you guys and he might find that he enjoys the experience of being questioned instead of just getting to talk and talk as he does on Coast to Coast or other such shows.

He must feel you guys are trying to find chinks in the armor vs allowing his POV to shine through uncontested. The Paracast is relatively unique in that you routinely challenge your subjects, mostly objectively. There must be some vibe you're giving off to scare him away, not sure.

He must feel you guys are trying to find chinks in the armor vs allowing his POV to shine through uncontested. The Paracast is relatively unique in that you routinely challenge your subjects, mostly objectively. There must be some vibe you're giving off to scare him away, not sure.
Yeah that vibe is called the truth and if Whitley or any other guest for that matter truly believes they have had real encounters then they should embrace tough interviews and not run from them.I believe the Paracast is the gold standard for this reason.You can come on here and present what ever theory you want to but be prepared to face tough questions and not have people agree with ever thing you say especially if you present a theory or encounter and state that you know the absolute truth about something and dont have the evidence to back it up.Opinion and fact are two very different things and this field is going no where if we dont have shows and forum members like the paracast has that question what they hear and dont just take everything people say as absolute truth.

I have no way of knowing if he communed with non-humans. I don't believe he did, and at the very least he blends fact with fiction. He made a fortune from his book Communion. There are a number of people out there peddling science fiction as fact. Too bad Whitley doesn't invest some of the money into research. One unfortunate consequence of being deceitful, is that it muddies the water, and makes it more difficult to find the truth. Whitley Strieber, Richard C, Hoagland, John Lear, and Robert Lazar, should all get together at a bar drink a toast, and pat each other on the back for having deceived so many gullible people.

I disagree about Whitley and Lazar is an odd case. I don't "believe" that Whitley communicated with non humans. On the other hand, he may have. For sure something out of the ordinary happened to him. He certainly believes it. Lazar? I understand it's hard to swallow. I don't buy it either. But, George Knapp (who I respect) seems to give some creedence to it. The problem is folks are knee jerk Something doesn't agree with their religion then it's demonic or a lie. Something doesn't agree with their "take" on science and it's "woo woo." Lazar goes in my grey (Get it Grey?) :p I kill me! Anyway, Lazar goes in my grey box and Whitley goes in my "Hmmmm" box. Lear is really a salesman (imo) Hoagland has made so many silly statements. No, I'm not talking about a "face" on Mars. That will be argued until we land there, which could happen and I hope I'm alive to see it. But, he "toots" himself as a Science writer. I don't think he has any type of scientific degree or creditials but I don't really know. Anyway, it's just my opinion and opinions are like A-holes. Everybody has one. :cool:

I enjoyed reading Communion many years ago. I viewed it as being science fiction then, and I still hold that view.

Yeah that vibe is called the truth and if Whitley or any other guest for that matter truly believes they have had real encounters then they should embrace tough interviews and not run from them.I believe the Paracast is the gold standard for this reason.You can come on here and present what ever theory you want to but be prepared to face tough questions and not have people agree with ever thing you say especially if you present a theory or encounter and state that you know the absolute truth about something and dont have the evidence to back it up.Opinion and fact are two very different things and this field is going no where if we dont have shows and forum members like the paracast has that question what they hear and dont just take everything people say as absolute truth.
I don't ever recall him saying he knows the entire truth on anything. In fact, just the opposite. I think on some level he's genuinely a) convinced something happened and b) that he still isn't quite sure what that is. I don't think that just because he's a messenger it's incumbent upon him to have all the answers.

I agree that its not incumbent on him to have all the answers but when you listen to him he implies at times that his encounters are E.T. based or "Visitors" as he says and he seems to think at times that he understands what is happening more than others and i dont think that is such a good thing to do.Also by stating yourself that he is a messenger implies that you believe his encounters are genuine and if he states at times hes not sure if anything really did occur or that hes not sure what is happening in your own words then how can you imply that he is a messenger.I dont dismiss that something may have happened to him and if he believes something did then he should come on the Paracast and share what he thinks may have happened and let us decide what we believe .I have followed what he has said for years and really enjoy what he has to say and think coming on would only help skeptics to believe what he has to say because if you dont agree with him then your mind is made up but to not talk about doesnt help him or others who have had such encounters.

I agree that its not incumbent on him to have all the answers but when you listen to him he implies at times that his encounters are E.T. based or "Visitors" as he says and he seems to think at times that he understands what is happening more than others and i dont think that is such a good thing to do.

Again, I don't see where he says he thinks he "knows more." I simply think he does believe he's involved in something special, and obviously that first-hand experience might lead him to "know" things others might not.

Also by stating yourself that he is a messenger implies that you believe his encounters are genuine and if he states at times hes not sure if anything really did occur or that hes not sure what is happening in your own words then how can you imply that he is a messenger.

That's what I believe he thinks he is. Look out for ad hominem points; it's rookie style.

I dont dismiss that something may have happened to him and if he believes something did then he should come on the Paracast and share what he thinks may have happened and let us decide what we believe .

Having on the Paracast would be a unique interview as far as he is concerned. However, I wonder what he would discuss that would be something we haven't heard already.

I have followed what he has said for years and really enjoy what he has to say and think coming on would only help skeptics to believe what he has to say because if you dont agree with him then your mind is made up but to not talk about doesnt help him or others who have had such encounters.

Please, find the comma key.

Trainedobserver thanks for the Conroy lecture. I remember reading the book when it came out, but this video sums up a very similar vibe with some very good insights into Whitley, most of which are not brought up anymore, by either critics or Whitley himself. Whitleys' experiences or stories seems to remain in a state of ambiguity and maybe that's part of the point.

Again, I don't see where he says he thinks he "knows more." I simply think he does believe he's involved in something special, and obviously that first-hand experience might lead him to "know" things others might not.

That's what I believe he thinks he is. Look out for ad hominem points; it's rookie style.

Having on the Paracast would be a unique interview as far as he is concerned. However, I wonder what he would discuss that would be something we haven't heard already.

Please, find the comma key.
I agree that he believes he was involved in something and whether he was or wasn't isn't my point .My point is that when you hear him on certain shows like C2C he acts and is treated like he knows what is going on and I haven't heard him tell George or Art that he doesn't know what is happening and that they shouldn't treat him like he does.I think we just need to agree to disagree on certain points .I do agree that it would be interesting for him and us as well and would make for a great show and no need to get rude just exchanging ideas my friend :)

Ive waxed and waned over this case for many years,
I dont think he is perpetrating a literary hoax.

I think he is doing his best to relate his experience as best and as honestly as he can.

I dont think he's a hoaxer

His views on what he calls the "visitors" are has changed over the years, this speaks to me of a man who is trying to find answers, not one who has them.

If he is the real deal (and i think he is) his experience is of profound historical significance.

Until he is proven a fake, i will always hold him and his narrative with intersest and respect

Trainedobserver thanks for the Conroy lecture. I remember reading the book when it came out, but this video sums up a very similar vibe with some very good insights into Whitley, most of which are not brought up anymore, by either critics or Whitley himself. Whitleys' experiences or stories seems to remain in a state of ambiguity and maybe that's part of the point.

Also, we have to remember we are just talking about a brief period in this guy's life. His experiences, as he reports them, have changed and include things like time travel and all sorts of things. Now, the Visitors are on a long list of things he has talked about happening to him over the years.

And please let's not forget that he's 'milking' the Alien angle for all it's worth. Sign up for his website for just a few bucks , buy 'Hybrids' (the book) while you're at it. The fact that he feels an interview with the paracast would be uncomfortable says a lot. I think the man is a clever horror/fiction writer and that is about it, unless...

I agree that he believes he was involved in something and whether he was or wasn't isn't my point. My point is that when you hear him on certain shows like C2C he acts and is treated like he knows what is going on and I haven't heard him tell George or Art that he doesn't know what is happening and that they shouldn't treat him like he does.

I've repeatedly heard him say he still doesn't know what's really happening. I do think he knows what happened to him, but how or why is a different issue. Additionally, the overarching reasons and motives of his visitor buddies also remain a mystery.

I think that there is no doubt that he purposefully remains non-specific to eliminate much of peoples' ability to pin him to specific statements. That makes sense, but I think that, like most things Strieber, there's a very blurry line between fact and "enhanced" versions of events.

I do agree that it would be interesting for him and us as well and would make for a great show and no need to get rude just exchanging ideas my friend :)
Not being rude; it's literally hard to read your responses. I'm helping.

I can say this much - before I ever, ever heard that sleep paralysis could explain the alien abduction phenomena, in one night I experienced being out of my body, and I experienced being magically taken somewhere and knowing there were greys behind me but not actually seeing them. I felt awake and aware - not the way I feel while dreaming.

But this is the weird part for me - I have experienced sleep paralysis a number of times without there being any abduction part to it so my experience with abduction feels totally different.

Do I think I have been abducted by aliens? No.
I think some weird mental state was responsible even though it felt like it happened.
It still really is weird though because when it happened I really knew nothing about the phenomena - something must have gotten in my head I wasn't aware of I think from the alien pop culture.

The only part of the phenomena that makes me pause is the implant thing with Roger Leir. No mental state explains that.

I can say this much - before I ever, ever heard that sleep paralysis could explain the alien abduction phenomena, in one night I experienced being out of my body, and I experienced being magically taken somewhere and knowing there were greys behind me but not actually seeing them. I felt awake and aware - not the way I feel while dreaming.

But this is the weird part for me - I have experienced sleep paralysis a number of times without there being any abduction part to it so my experience with abduction feels totally different.

Do I think I have been abducted by aliens? No.
I think some weird mental state was responsible even though it felt like it happened.
It still really is weird though because when it happened I really knew nothing about the phenomena - something must have gotten in my head I wasn't aware of I think from the alien pop culture.

The only part of the phenomena that makes me pause is the implant thing with Roger Leir. No mental state explains that.
The abduction phenomenon is more intangible than sightings of craft. With sightings you have cases with multiple witnesses, pictures and video. This is not the case with abductions. The majority of reported cases involve hypnotic regression which makes it even more intangible. I have interacted with unidentified aerial objects by signalling them with a laser, and on one occasion had interaction with a craft when I was not signalling with a laser. Last fall I was taking a walk here in town and a craft traveled directly above me, it flared up, emitting a pure brilliant white light that expanded greatly in size. My impression was that it knew I was there, even though I hadn't signaled it. The craft flared up exactly like some of the spheres had done when I signaled them with the laser last summer. If what occurred in Strieber's book Communion was real and not a product of his imagination cannot be determined with any degree of certainty. I think that it is fair to state that in his writings after Communion he has blended fact with fiction. The fact that, UFOs exist, taken together with the large number of abductions being reported, leads me to believe there is some truth to the abduction phenomenon. The unidentified aerial craft exhibit abilities that cannot be readily explained by modern physics. If they can transmute matter and energy. it is not a stretch to imagine they could affect our minds. The entire subject of UFOs goes far beyond being: "Flying saucers from outer space." The phenomenon stands in stark contradiction to our preconceived notions of reality. The scientific community's refusal to study the phenomenon is a disservice to humanity. What are they afraid of?

On Whitley Streiber, I've read his stuff and I liked Secret School. He is a good story teller even if you reserve your belief on his claims. I just picked up his latest book Solving The Communion Enigma and I was surprised to find how much of his personal circumstances are in it and they reveal a side of Streiber that evokes an empathy for him as a fellow human being and in doing so tends to make you more open to believing that his stories have some basis in reality. Like I've always said, something strange is going on.

Back