• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whitley Strieber

Whitley has admitted to a number of people over the years that he "has a hard time telling fact from fiction" or words to that effect.

I recently re-read "Communion" after 23 years, and it retains its visceral power. He's a good writer, for sure, and the narrative fits mainly with those of many others (except for the stout blue-skinned dwarves, which no-one else reports).

But there are too many problems with him, including his oft-reported bizarre social behaviour, to completely overlook.

Yes we hardly hear of anyone been taken by blue skinned dwarves, Yet my relatives experienced this very entity wearing monk type-clothing, and the skin was black not blue!

I have always wondered why so few people report seeing this entity? I believe also Peter Khoury had a abduction experience with these type of creatures back in 1988....

He's in a no-win situation really. He's too good of a horror fiction author. Anything he says will be viewed through this lens. However, again, all it takes is one valid experience for him to claim relevance in this genre. If everything else is entertainment, at least it serves to keep the real stuff above-water.

I'd love to see/hear him on here, I hope he listened to a few 'recent' shows and recognizes it's not all about putting people down.

I think the Paracast still has a little bit of a past host hangover. I think if some of the guest will give the current team a try they will be impressed with the fairness and the civility. I also think Strieber is a good writer. I actually started reading him back in the days when he wrote The Wolfen and was a strictly horror fiction writer. One problem is that he likes to do the Coast show with Snoory because it's safe. Then he has his own show which, is of course safe. But, I would love to hear him on the Paracast.

I have Whitley on a list of facebook subscriptions and friends. I don't know him at all on a personal level. But, do you think it would help if I posted something about wanting to hear him on the Paracast on his wall? More than likely it would be ignored but, it's a thought.

I'll give it a shot. Ya never know. ;)

Well, in my usual running off at the mouth way I finally did get around to asking. I will wait to see if it's ignored or produces a little reaction. ;)

If he came on the show, Gene and Chris would ask him questions he would not be able to answer. They interject things like logic into things at times and this is a foreign concept for him. I think Whitley gets more bizzare as time goes by.

Sorry but Whitley has not got the balls to go on the Paracast short a simple. Yes its a little hard to deal with pesky reason and logic when your host's keep asking you to show it :D

If Mr. Strieber won't come on the show how about asking Ed Conroy? Whitley has been interviewed countless times, but Conroy who wrote perhaps just as an important book as Communion about Strieber, that is Report on Communion, hasn't been to my knowledge been interviewed extensively about it. He had numerous anomalous experiences while researching and writing the book not to mention his intimate knowledge of Strieber's roots and pre-Communion life.

What do you say Gene?

Conroy sounds promising. Nothing on Strieber. Just a waste of a good post on his facebook page. Whitley has either actually had some paranormal experiences that have put him a little over the edge. So, he can't be logical since logically it shouldn't be happening according to the current view of the world. He could be simply crazy. He could be full of b.s. Either way I do agree. He's not brave enough or sure enough of himself to risk the Paracast. He would be treated fairly but the pitchers would throw a couple of fast balls instead of soft balls and I don't think he is really up for that. imo.

In Whitley Strieber's defense, no one wants to interviewed by people they perceive to be hostile to themselves or their ideas. In his case, he is in a position to pick and choose where he appears and what questions get asked of him. It seems unreasonable to impugn his character based on his refusal to come on the Paracast. You see this sort of thing a lot. I've apparently hurt someone else's feelings myself and can't get a peep in response from them either.

He has actually said yes more than once, and then said no shortly thereafter. I don't have a final position on the validity of his experiences. I've read the books, met him a couple of times during public events. He'd get fair treatment, but tough questions. In the end, he might convince some skeptics; at worst, nothing would change. I'm not about to pursue it further; it's his choice.

I listened fo Strieber's shown once, I think he had Dolan on (cant imagine much else of a reason I'd tune in) Every time he asked the guest a question he'd let them get maybe a sentence out, then Strieber would proceed to take over and talk about himself. It was so irritating that I didnt listen too long...

Back