• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whitley Strieber

Just remember folks, all of the legislation that deprived you of your due process, habeus corpus, and civil rights, weren't done for THIS administration that we currently have, but the NEXT one.

I promise everyone, the next 4 years are going to make the last 20 look like a walk at a children's petting zoo with fluffy bunnies and happy ponies.

We are indeed FUCKED.

Barack Obama : Pictures, Videos, Breaking News

Buddy, can you spare some K-Y?

Better get busy meditating on crop-circle designs so you can evolve to a higher state of matter so that these future events don't effect you in the future. And screw the massage and whiskey...I need 'frop and a squid-job.

You'd better de-beak that prairie squid before you start 'froppin' up... wouldn't want to see you lose that much slack!

David,

I wasn't kidding. Nobody in the history of the United States has had their entire history disappear, and sealed by lawyers to where prying eyes could never get to it. Everyone Obama ran against quit the race before the first ballot was ever cast. Do some checking you'll see what I'm saying is absolutely true.

Nobody knows the truth about this guy in any shape or form, except for his book which was full of all kinds of lies.

The man is loved by one and all. I look forward to seeing how many people take his mark on their foreheads or hands in allegiance to this so called Messiah.

Bush isn't evil, just fucking stupid as the day is long, and has as much business being president as a O.J. Simpson does being the spokesperson for Ginsu Knives. He was surrounded by the same cabal of evil doers that his daddy had, going back to the days of LBJ. Guess who Obama is going to have surrounding him? More traitors, more evil doers, and the same brand of treacherous people that we've had for the last 40 years.

Obama is a lie. His very existence, his presidency is built on a lie. Change my ass... Watch the next 4 years very carefully. I promise you without a doubt I'm right.

It'll take only two years, tommy, not four, before we see what obama is really about.

Obama came from nothing, give the guy a chance, he hasn't even taken office yet friend. Bush has left obama with not much comfort room to settle in!!! Two wars, both abroad, a recession both at home and abroad may be developing to a depression in 2009 or 2010.

Seriously, a large majority of the richest people in the world should be on trial for crimes against the poor.

Hmmmm, that seem a little self obsessed to me. Surely the whole rectal probe meme is not his to carry alone? I think South Park were responding to the entire abduction thing more than singling Whitley out specifically. I could be wrong.

Not really. The whole episode was about an anal probe and Strieber did make that famous (or infamous).

Jeff and I had a lil' chat with Strieber 2 days before he posted that journal entry. He was very, very bleak, indeed. I dunno if we triggered this or not--I mean he was in a mood, obviously, but a lot of the specifics he mentions in the journal entry came out in our interview so I dunno...I've been feeling kinda guilty. Whitley needs a hug. As Jeff pointed out to me this is the time of year when all the abduction shit started with him so he's probably deeply depressed every year right about now.

And wow...just read through the thread about that journal on unknowncountry.com ... some people are wishing him well but a lot of people are really digging into him for whining when at the end of the day he's successful and/or should expect to get grief from the world. I'm really surprised. I thought his forum was mainly a love letter to him. I'm also surprised how so few people understand depression.

Not really. The whole episode was about an anal probe and Strieber did make that famous (or infamous).

Jeff and I had a lil' chat with Strieber 2 days before he posted that journal entry. He was very, very bleak, indeed. I dunno if we triggered this or not--I mean he was in a mood, obviously, but a lot of the specifics he mentions in the journal entry came out in our interview so I dunno...I've been feeling kinda guilty. Whitley needs a hug. As Jeff pointed out to me this is the time of year when all the abduction shit started with him so he's probably deeply depressed every year right about now.

Yeah, he touched on this time of year in that blog at the beginning I think. I didn't read it all.

Jeremy something Ive been thinking about lately... using yourself and Whitley as an example. How often do you have abduction and abduction-related experiences? Every day/week/month?

Do you get to the weekend and think "gee only 4 nights of weird shit this week - slow week!"? And how about Whitley? (what you know of him anyway)

If you dont feel comfortable answering or think its none of my goddam business thats totally fine. The reason Im curious is because people always seem to relate these experiences in the past tense while giving the impression that its not an ongoing thing.

Hi, Gareth:

For me, as far as I know, it's only been a few events throughout my life. Certainly not even once a year. The last time I can say for sure was in 2002. I dunno about Strieber, although I suppose it depends on how you're counting. Did you read "The Key?" He describes a human saying all of those things humans don't have knowledge about and then giving him a liquid to drink a la the "aliens." So where does that fit?

And for me, I've had the female voice I hear during abductions interrupt a dream to tell me something. Does that count? It's not an abduction and even in this field I'd have to argue the point that it wasn't of me even though it was in a dream. (It wasn't really in a dream, it interrupted a dream... but what right do I have to be adamant about that?) I also have this energy thing going on. Where does that fit in? It's not an abduction but it's every second of every day. It might not even be related but, man what a coincidence if it isn't.

The feeling with it is long-term, like they could be back any minute. I wished I'd thought to ask him, if we took the wrong fork in the road and now we're on an irreversible slide into hell, why are these beings still interacting with us?

I like what Tiokasin Ghosthorse has to say from the Lakota perspective: It's not peace on earth, it's peace as earth.

The Lakota have it that we're not people on earth, we're a part of the earth and when you act from that point of view, there is no choice but to be peaceful. And when you don't, what are you? Earth having cancer? So from earth's point-of-view, our destruction is necessary to heal the cancer but the earth and life go on with or without us. I'll add that "without us" really means "without us as we are now." I don't think every last human would die off, but what survives changes. Perhaps unrecognizably so.

The Lakota have it that we're not people on earth, we're a part of the earth and when you act from that point of view, there is no choice but to be peaceful. And when you don't, what are you? Earth having cancer? So from earth's point-of-view, our destruction is necessary to heal the cancer but the earth and life go on with or without us. I'll add that "without us" really means "without us as we are now." I don't think every last human would die off, but what survives changes. Perhaps unrecognizably so.

That makes a lot of sense as there really is no balanced symbiotic relationship between humans and the earth now, we have almost become a virus attacking the planet's vital organs through pollution, consumption and overpopulation. The diseases and "natural" disasters could just be a planetary immune response triggered to bring us down to controlable numbers. Hell, we may not even need to keep wiping each other out, the natural way of things may just do it for us ;)

I see a fair number of reports of "contactees" becoming ecologically awakened through the experience and turning to a more "sustainable" life..... W. Strieber for one. So maybe someone/something is trying to get a message across?

The phenomenon of humans consuming the planet like a bunch of rabid, crack-smoking caterpillars seems to me to be somewhat recent development in our known history. There are still many cultures that live in harmony with natural cycles. They will be the ones that carry on.

The phenomenon of humans consuming the planet like a bunch of rabid, crack-smoking caterpillars seems to me to be somewhat recent development in our known history. There are still many cultures that live in harmony with natural cycles. They will be the ones that carry on.

Does make you wonder just how many times we have been at this point and become close to being wiped out by our own actions or "rejection" by the earth. Would explain a good many things such as all these apparently advanced artifacts we keep uncovering. If only a few scattered humans are left after such a planetary 'clensing' theres good reason to assume that they wouldnt have a great deal of technology for a while, known history would probably become lost and turn into nothing more that myth and folklore. And so the cycle begins again ;)

Does make you wonder just how many times we have been at this point and become close to being wiped out by our own actions or "rejection" by the earth. Would explain a good many things such as all these apparently advanced artifacts we keep uncovering. If only a few scattered humans are left after such a planetary 'clensing' theres good reason to assume that they wouldnt have a great deal of technology for a while, known history would probably become lost and turn into nothing more that myth and folklore. And so the cycle begins again ;)

According to Ghosthorse, the Lakota, for one, have been down that road. He claims they had a large, technologically advanced society eons ago. He doesn't say "Atlantis" but you can extrapolate something along those lines. This is why the Lakota do live in harmony now--because they learned their lesson last runthrough.

According to Ghosthorse, the Lakota, for one, have been down that road. He claims they had a large, technologically advanced society eons ago. He doesn't say "Atlantis" but you can extrapolate something along those lines. This is why the Lakota do live in harmony now--because they learned their lesson last runthrough.

I think society generally thinks that technology will solve all the problems we face.... Most of us seem to have lost sight of the link between ourselves and the planet with actions we take ultimately coming back to bite us on the ass...... eg Crops not growing? thats ok, lets mess with the genetics of the plant, it wont have any long term effects will it? I mean, we only eat the stuff dont we? ;)

I find myself thinking along those lines all the time now. Theres just too much anomalous 'stuff' that suggests history is a lot more 'interesting' than we dare to know.

I think genetic engineering is not so much a problem by itself, but it comes down to responsibility and knowledge of the one who is performing it. Humans have neither, to be playing around with genes. But one day we might.

After all, there is a good chance that the tomato that we are modifying, was engineered in the first place, just by someone who knows more about genes than humans.

I would even go as far as to present a possibility that biological life is not a "natural" thing to this universe, but that life in its core form is spiritual, and all physical life might be a carefully planned endeavour

But trying to figure out these things, while in this state of existence (incarnated into this ignorant being that I am) is a futile attempt. The whole point is not to know, and see what comes out of that

I think genetic engineering is not so much a problem by itself, but it comes down to responsibility and knowledge of the one who is performing it. Humans have neither, to be playing around with genes. But one day we might.

Well put! - thats the point though isnt it, we [humanity] have proven that we cant be trusted with knowledge. Afterall, what was the first thing we did with our 'understanding' of the atom? Give us a bit of time and whether its a bone, rock, atom or chemical, we will weaponise it. Will the benefits of it producing more resistant crops outweigh the risks of it being used as a weapon?

Just as a thought RE genetically modified crops. It strikes me that there must be an issue of cross polonation, how can these crops be effectively seperated from natural non GM foods given that bees (if there are any left) travel between fields of plants transferring genetic matter between them? So unless the GM plants have been "sterilised" their genes will get introduced into the mainstream crops.

now southpark has "raped" him........

http://www.unknowncountry.com/journal/

I hope Whitley doesn't take Southpark too seriously. After more than 1200 episodes is there anything they haven't made fun of? I actually think the show is one of the more socially relevant programs on the boob-tube. If Cartman getting a satellite-dish crammed up his ass by Visitors gives him a case of the Mondays, maybe he should consider lightening up. At least he's got money.

I hope Whitley doesn't take Southpark too seriously. After more than 1200 episodes is there anything they haven't made fun of? I actually think the show is one of the more socially relevant programs on the boob-tube. If Cartman getting a satellite-dish crammed up his ass by Visitors gives him a case of the Mondays, maybe he should consider lightening up. At least he's got money.

First of all, his doctor told him he'd been "raped". Before he ever went public, someone else used that phrase in reference to his experience.

Second, South Park has not had 1200 episodes. I think you have their numbering system confused. In television, episodes in season one begin with "1". Then, you have the episode number immediately following, like, "101, 102", etc.

From Wikipedia:

The series began on August 13, 1997, and ended its twelfth season on November 19, 2008. Comedy Central signed a contract with Stone and Parker, extending South Park to 15 seasons, with each new season having 14 episodes, bringing the series total to 223 episodes.

So, I hope that sets the record straight.

And, in defense of Whitley, again, he wrote a very dark, funny short story skewering himself in the fiction anthology "Borderlands" III, by the way, if you're interested. His ability to laugh at himself is in good working order.

It's a good deal more self-critiquing of him than "Terrance and Phillip" is of South Park.

By the way, Whitley has written a blog about his feelings about being raped, and if you don't believe him, then I dare you to read it:

Whitley Strieber's Unknown Country

Especially if you're a woman, or if you've ever known a woman that was raped. If you don't believe him now, you have nothing to lose by reading it. If you do believe him, it will only solidify your belief.

If you're on the fence, it will toss you over onto the ground on the other side in a way that will knock the wind out of you, and make your ribs hurt.

It strikes me that there must be an issue of cross polonation, how can these crops be effectively seperated from natural non GM foods given that bees (if there are any left) travel between fields of plants transferring genetic matter between them? So unless the GM plants have been "sterilised" their genes will get introduced into the mainstream crops.

yeah... up in Canada, there was a very hard-fought battle between a farmer and the Monsanto Corp. The farmer lost and had to pay damages to Monsanto. The issue ws the farmer selling genetically modified grains, that Monsanto said belonged to them, even though they grew in the farmer's field which was right next door to the modified strains grown by Monsanto.

The judge did not agree the seeds had naturally blown in there, and furthermore, the farmer should not have sold them when he realized they were the genetically modified seeds that the judge ruled belonged to Monsanto.

The upshot is, the farmer was deemed to have stolen the seeds to plant in his own neighbouring field, and was fined.

I would have to read the entire court case, other than just the news story to offer an informed opinion, but don't count on getting away with bees as a defence...

I remember that case, what absurdity

Perhaps Monsanto should go to some intergalactic court for modifying copyrighted seed in the first place, that is if the aliens ever in their wildest imagination considered that it would come to this, and patented the original Earth seeds. :D

Back