• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whitley Strieber

I posted on this thread already but I have almost finished Breakthrough and I have to say that his religious overtones are really starting to piss me off. He could have really had experiences with UFO's but come on time travel, and calling the creatures he's seen demons. I don't need more religious overtones to these subjects. I wish people would just stick to the UFO's. Religion is just a BIG hoax!!

If Whitley Streiber is the answer to Alien Abduction, then people are asking really retarded questions.

I cannot fathom how this assclown got to where he is.

If Whitley Streiber is the answer to Alien Abduction, then people are asking really retarded questions.

I cannot fathom how this assclown got to where he is.

Exactly!.. i would love to see him on the show.Whitley Streiber has had too much of a free reign talking crap. He needs to be taken to task by Gene and David.

I thought it cost money to listen.

He keeps about a week or so up for free...click on the "dreamland" tab and then click "play now"...it only costs for archive access...and jeez does he hold that can out and rattle it! I actually kinda enjoyed :redface: L.M.H.'s bit at the end of this week's.

He keeps about a week or so up for free...click on the "dreamland" tab and then click "play now"...it only costs for archive access...and jeez does he hold that can out and rattle it! I actually kinda enjoyed :redface: L.M.H.'s bit at the end of this week's.

I did, but I didn't listen. Whit lost his wit. If aliens took it away, they need to give it back. Or if he is the product of enlightenment, I will be happy playing in the dark. He needs to spend his energy on getting evidence, not making far out claims without it.

Obama is the Anti-Christ, and Hillary Clinton is the great whore of babylon.

I hate them both with every fiber of my being.

Obama is the Anti-Christ, and Hillary Clinton is the great whore of babylon.

I hate them both with every fiber of my being.

Tommy, I dig you, but that statement about Obama is a little out of control.

You want an Anti-Christ, look to the criminal about to leave the White House. Or his right-hand psycho. Take your pick.

As far as Hillary, well, you got me there - she's a high-priced prostitute, I'm right there with you.

dB

I read Communion when it first came out and have read most of his books. I got his newsletter when it was being published. Strieber was a very succesful writer PRIOR to Communion. (To criticism of the advance he received for Communion he reminded people that this wasn't the first time he had gotten a million dollar advance.)

If you've seen or listened to Strieber in action you know he is an extremely emotional person--an artiste--which certainly comes out in his work. I think he was intending to simply be a bestselling author and had achieved that goal when the fame he received for Communion gradually put him over the top. He could not have expected the public reaction he received, and it must have been overwhelming to his artistic nature. The constant speeches, interviews, shows, and whatnot are not what a writer used to his den and his books expects.

Cher went through a similar experience as a young teenager suddenly become famous with Sonny & Cher. I've heard her talk about how weird it was to her when people yelled her name as she was on stage and how absolutely frightened she was; she really did not know how to react. If you've ever seen 'The Right Stuff,' where they have a press conference and treat the Mercury 7 as Gods, Gordo sums it up nicely when he says, "Can you believe this shit?' In fact, if you will remember, Strieber tried to disassociate himself with the abduction world awhile back. He quit his newsletter and wrote a "Adios' letter and said he was going cold turkey. He stopped his appearances entirely. Apparently he fell off the wagon or the money was too good. They need to start another AA for Abductees.

Strieber is not a fighter jock with an engineering degree who has some natural skepticism in defense against this, and since Strieber is a lightning rod for abduction stories and conspiracies I believe he has come to believe all of them himself, without much discrimination. In other words, Strieber has never met a conspiracy theory he didn't like. If you watch how he acts today he has obviously gotten stranger over the years--and he certainly shows his age as well. It's like jumping onto Above Top Secret and believing everything that is printed there. If you were of a mind to do so, it would fuck you up.

Tommy, I dig you, but that statement about Obama is a little out of control.

You want an Anti-Christ, look to the criminal about to leave the White House. Or his right-hand psycho. Take your pick.

As far as Hillary, well, you got me there - she's a high-priced prostitute, I'm right there with you.

dB

David,

I wasn't kidding. Nobody in the history of the United States has had their entire history disappear, and sealed by lawyers to where prying eyes could never get to it. Everyone Obama ran against quit the race before the first ballot was ever cast. Do some checking you'll see what I'm saying is absolutely true.

Nobody knows the truth about this guy in any shape or form, except for his book which was full of all kinds of lies.

The man is loved by one and all. I look forward to seeing how many people take his mark on their foreheads or hands in allegiance to this so called Messiah.

Bush isn't evil, just fucking stupid as the day is long, and has as much business being president as a O.J. Simpson does being the spokesperson for Ginsu Knives. He was surrounded by the same cabal of evil doers that his daddy had, going back to the days of LBJ. Guess who Obama is going to have surrounding him? More traitors, more evil doers, and the same brand of treacherous people that we've had for the last 40 years.

Obama is a lie. His very existence, his presidency is built on a lie. Change my ass... Watch the next 4 years very carefully. I promise you without a doubt I'm right.

Obama is a lie. His very existence, his presidency is built on a lie. Change my ass... Watch the next 4 years very carefully. I promise you without a doubt I'm right.

Absolutely. He's a manufactured candidate helped along by a billion dollars and an adoring media ("Everytime he speaks I feel tingles in my legs."--Hardball's Chris Matthews) so absorbed by Bush-hatred that they never really looked at Obama. In some sense you can say that Bush helped elect Obama. I think we're in for a very rough four years where the entire notion of civil liberties will be turned upside down. You think a few wiretaps are bad. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Just remember folks, all of the legislation that deprived you of your due process, habeus corpus, and civil rights, weren't done for THIS administration that we currently have, but the NEXT one.

I promise everyone, the next 4 years are going to make the last 20 look like a walk at a children's petting zoo with fluffy bunnies and happy ponies.

We are indeed FUCKED.

We are indeed FUCKED.
In talking with my daughter yesterday I used the same sentence, except I used the word 'screwed.' She called me erudite. She is in the three-letter organization business. I realize we have strayed off-topic, but as further evidence, I bought a Glock this week. In my sorties into research and in the gun store I discovered that everything is in high demand and low supply. AR-15's are flying off the shelves and ammo is in short supply. There are some serious people seriously arming themselves. This started immediately after the election. So, yeah; I'm scared.

Back