• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

"Top questions and doubts about UFO whistleblower, Luis Elizondo "

Alas, the frailty of a human ego deprived of its own alternative facts, as the very thought makes me weep …, uncontrollably.

Couldn't help laughing.

You demonstrate a most winsome yearning for transcendence, which indicates a personal desire to be anywhere but here, though I don’t yet know enough about you to determine whether it’s the external shackles of the planet earth environment you wish to escape, or, the internal constraints of your physical body.

Puthoff might argue it's not worth traveling when you can just remote view your ass wherever you like.

Brother Realm, I want you to research how Hal Puthoff was able to break away from the mothership Church of Scientology yet be so remarkably immune to the inevitable ominous and draconian consequences of all others who dare leave the cult. Hal was never declared a Suppressive or a Squirrel and never subjected to the Gestapo-like harassment others would receive. Curious, isn’t it?

Good question. I'm just guessing here from limited and unreliable information, but it may have happened when they had too many squirrels to harass and may have actually expelled a number of them on purpose. As I have mentioned before, according to some sources, Puthoff (and Swann) joined some sort of breakaway movement when they departed the cult. That supposedly happened in the late 70s, but it's unclear how accurate that is. See for example this page from one less than trustworthy looking book, that refers to information in another book:
Phenomenal World

Apparently there was something unusual going on in that cult at least in 1982, which is close to that timeframe:
Eric Townsend - The Sad Tale of Scientology

It also appears to be the year this Free Zone movement was founded:
Free Zone (Scientology) - Wikipedia

While I did a couple of google searches for these, I happened to find this site called topsecretwriters.com, and a search there with "Puthoff" brought several interesting articles, written by Ryan Dube, an investigative journalist and founder of that site:
Ryan Dube – Writer, Tech Enthusiast, Investigative JournalistRyan Dube - Writer, Tech Enthusiast, Investigative Journalist

I don't know if all of it is accurate, especially since I'm not that familiar with the who is who in the UFO field, MJ12 stuff etc., but at least there's quite a bit of material that has and matches other sources. It seems that once again, the more I read about Puthoff, the less he seems to have scientific relevance today, but apparently he might have been quite a significant player in the UFO circles. It's also pretty much impossible to avoid thoughts of history repeating itself with the TTSA, their visions and financing, etc.

The story also parallels that of Nikolai Kozyrev, who those pseudo-scientists so worship. It's another story of a scientist whose promising career was interrupted and ended working on the fringes, contributing to scams and wasted time and money. Kozyrev was sidetracked by imprisonment, for Puthoff it was worse, he became a Scientologist. It's also funny if his career in the pseudo-scientific nonsense of ESP started with funding from scientologist fried-chicken franchise, continued with attempts to measure feelings of chicken eggs with an E-meter, and ends in an entertainment company currently funded with loans from a hot dog stand.

I collected and highlighted the most interesting stuff below while reading (yes, it's still a long read), ordered by date.

The E-Meter Scam – Using a Belief System for Profit (26 April 2009)
If anyone has ever thoroughly studied Dr. Hal Puthoff’s history, it quickly becomes apparent that his activities throughout the years go far beyond simple scientific research. Hal has consistently and aggressively pursued any and all avenues of alternative funding for fringe research. The most important question any researcher should ask is this:

Would a “genius” scientist, who was a renowned quantum laser expert, truly believe that such a ridiculously simple and basic electronic device as the “E-Meter” could seriously be considered as a new discovery? Surely, a man trained in the electrical engineering aspects of lasers would recognize the history and operation of such a basic galvanometer?
According to Gardner, the letter praises the E-meter, which Scientologists believe is capable of revealing “engrams.” Puthoff writes:

“In the technical community here at Stanford, we have projects underway employing the techniques developed in Scientology.”
It should not have taken a brilliant scientist – a fringe technology maverick like Hal – more than just a bit of superficial research to discover what other professionals were actively revealing about this electronic device. If he didn’t find the report from the Australian authorities, he should have at least found the report that came from the African authorities who also investigated Scientology claims.
In response to direct questioning in 2007 regarding an unrelated issue, Hal Puthoff responded indirectly to Gardner’s claims, via email, as follows:

“4. Finally, FWIW, with regard to my own involvement in scientology, below is what I wrote in the Skeptical Inquirer in response to a criticism by Martin Gardner:

‘…. let’s take the subject of my brief involvement in Scientology in the early 1970s to which Gardner devotes considerable space. He notes, correctly enough, that I am on record as being no longer involved, but asks ‘but how much of it does he still buy?’ What I ‘still buy’ is that GSR (galvanic skin response) can be used to dredge up forgotten traumatic memories from youth, with some cathartic effect. I learned this first by accident during routine polygraphing for security purposes when I was an NSA employee in the early 1960s. It was this experience that led me out of curiosity to later investigate Scientology procedures from an empirical, firsthand viewpoint. It became obvious to me, however, that, in addition to the expected defects that accompany any circumscribed belief structure, the ethics of the organization in those years was developing some fatal flaws as well, so I severed all connections. It is ironic to me that during the time I was being accused of being a Scientology member by Martin Gardner and others, the Scientologists were picketing me for my outspoken support of those who would dare to call them to task for their activities. So it goes.
As a side note, and a good topic for future analysis, good researchers who are looking into the background of the tales should pay close attention to Hal’s admission above, that he was providing, “…outspoken support of those who would dare to call them to task for their activities.” So who was this breakaway group that Hal speaks of? A good starting point for future examination would be splinter Scientology organization that Bill Ryan, of Serpo fame, is a member of.
Aside from the obvious fact that there wasn’t really anything brief about his involvement, and level reached, within Scientology – his statement above does confirm the history of his involvement in the organization as well as his private scientific research’s relationship to it. He clearly “bought” (and still does today) that there is some significance to the galvanic skin response (a fancy phrase for skin resistance) related to memories and emotion.

While I have a feeling most scientists and engineers familiar with what biological processes can effect galvanic skin response would probably agree that emotions and memories have an effect on galvanic skin response – what Hal alludes to above is that the galvanic skin response, via feedback (a.k.a. the E-meter), can be used with some “cathartic effect.” Today, of course, this concept is called bio-feedback.
The issue is this: what was it about Scientology that drove him to leave such a successful and promising field of research as quantum lasers?

What was it about his exposure to the E-meter that convinced him that it would be a more rewarding technology to research? Was his public promotion of E-meter technology related to the fact that a wealthy Scientologist and owner of Church’s Chicken, Bill Church, was willing to invest into the technology?

According to Jeffrey Richelson’s book The Wizards of Langley, Puthoff obtained the desired funding from Bill Church, the owner of Church’s Chicken, to the tune of $10,000 seed money in order to start conducting “ESP experiments.”

In the 1973 book, The Secret Life of Plants by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird, the authors outlined an example of how this brilliant scientist, who was formerly on track to become one of the world’s foremost quantum physicists, started conducting E-meter research. One particular experiment involved connecting an E-meter to one egg in order to measure the galvanic response when he broke another egg nearby.

Needless to say, he made the absolutely groundbreaking discovery that chicken eggs do not have feelings.
The E-Meter Scam - Using a Belief System for Profit

The Mad Science of Alien and UFO Myths (26 April 2009)
According to author Jim Schnabel, Hal served at the NSA in the early 1960’s after serving in the Navy (Served as an officer in the Navy from 1960-63 at Ft. Meade), and later stayed on as a civilian.
After his doctorate at Stanford University, Hal became a lecturer in the electrical engineering department, and supervised Ph.D. candidates in EE and applied physics. In 1969, at the age of thirty-three, he obtained a patent on a tunable Raman (infrared) laser that he had invented. In addition, he co-authored a textbook entitled Fundamentals of Quantum Electronics, which became a standard volume in physics.

According to Ingo Swann, in his online book Biomindsuperpowers, he writes:

The field of laser physics was on a great upswing by then, and by all accounts, as many later told me, Hal Puthoff was destined for laser engineering limelight, a field in which his scientific reputation had already achieved luminosity. A short while earlier in New York, Cleve Backster had advised me that Puthoff was a genius. Others I later met in the Silicon Valley area said so, too, and I accepted this as a matter of fact, albeit somewhat intimidated by being in the near proximity of a genius.. How and why it was that Hal’s interests changed from laser physics to biofield measurements was never clear to me, and so I’ll not be able to articulate much in this regard. We did discuss the matter, but somehow whatever we discussed has faded.

Ingo’s point above is an important one. What could have prompted a genius physicist, on a stellar upward track of accomplishment and success within the field of laser physics, to switch to a field most contemporary physicists would, even today, consider career suicide? Why, between 1971-1972, did he suddenly divert his entire career path from the very successful field of laser physics, to “biofield measurements”, and parapsychology?
Coincidentally, during the 1960’s, Hal Puthoff had also joined the religious organization of Scientology
“January 1971 NSA’s Harold ‘Hal’ Puthoff, one of fewer than 3,000 Scientology ‘Clears’ in the world in 1971, has joined the ranks of a much smaller number of OT VIIs.”
NSA’s Hal Puthoff somehow has gotten past L. Ron Hubbard’s prohibitions against government spy agency personnel being allowed access to upper-level Scientology, and has progressed up the Scientology levels to the recently-released OT VII?the highest level available. He writes a success story for a Scientology publication about having completed OT VII, saying that on a weekend he had stood outside a locked building and remotely viewed information he wanted from a building directory that he couldn’t physically read from the doorway, then verified later, when the building was open, that what he had viewed remotely had been accurate.”
The document (Adair’s research) goes on to explain that at that point, in 1971, Hal had access to all the classified documents that only the highest level OT’s could obtain. Many of those documents, later captured during FBI raids, revealed Hubbard’s developed “technologies” to enlighten an individual and “tap” into temporal abilities.

If there is any question regarding the spiritual and psychological impact that reaching OTVII in Scientology had on Hal in 1971, one only needs to read how he describes his feelings and state of mind only three years later, in January of 1974, after completing “Dianetic Auditing” at Scientology’s Celebrity Centre in Los Angeles. In the success story he wrote, published that year in Celebrity magazine, he wrote:

“Having totally completed Dianetic Auditing, I must say I have an incredibly good feeling about: creating life games; my ability to play them hard and well; and a feeling of absolute fearlessness. He represented himself to the Scientologists as a “Professor, Stanford Research Institute.”
“Four years earlier, Puthoff had experienced a number of personal and professional changes. Separation from his wife, a visit to the Esalen Institute, and boredom with teaching in Stanford’s electrical engineering department had been followed by his moving over to SRI, which had close ties to Stanford University but was funded largely by government contracts. Puthoff joined SRI to assist with a laser-related project, but when funding dwindled, he sought permission from his boss and obtained $10,000 from the part-owner of a fried-chicken franchise to test for the existence of psychic abilities.
Why psychic abilities? Based on his own writing, it is apparent that his beliefs in Scientology had started to co-mingle with his scientific endeavors.
Obviously Puthoff considered Hubbard’s efforts with the E-meter as a pioneering effort, and a new “discovery”.
Puthoff adds that Scientology is an:

“…uplifting and workable system of concepts which blend the best of Eastern and Western traditions. After seeing these techniques in operation and experiencing them myself, I am certain that they will be incorporated eventually on a large scale in modern society as the readiness and awareness level develops.”
In his own words, he states that his work at Stanford included “employing the techniques developed in Scientology.” It is no small matter that the impact Scientology had on Hal was enormous. He had truly come to believe that the E-meter, essentially a basic galvanometer (invented years earlier) was a breakthrough technology.

In upcoming updates we’ll examine how this belief, and other related beliefs, greatly influenced future events throughout the field of Ufology and fringe scientific research.
The Mad Science of Alien and UFO Myths

UFO Core Story Revealed By RealityUncovered.net (5 May 2009)
This data collection started with an analysis of a story called Serpo – a hoaxed story about a 1950’s alien/human exchange program first released in 2005. Researchers quickly ascertained Rick Doty as the source, and from that point on the data and evidence gathered painted a disturbing picture of an elaborate scam stretching back several decades, and touching on age-old Ufology tales such as MJ12, Roswell, and more.

One central element to this several-year study is a “Core Story” created by three individual scientists, many years ago in the early 1980s, during a late-night philosophical discussion at a Denny’s Restaurant. Those three scientists were Jacques Vallee, Christopher “Kit” Green, and Harold Puthoff.
Ron Pandolfi made the following comment related to the “Core Story” on October 7th, 2006.

“I did not intend to imply that the core story was originated in Remote Viewing , but that it was transferred into government records via that process.”
“The Core Story was created by a small group of people, intent on perpetuating a belief in the alien contact myth in order to achieve their own, distinctly human, objectives.

This small group have used their previous employment by various government and military agencies to cement and enhance their standing within the so-called believer crowd. This larger group have done an excellent job in further spreading the myth, passing along stories and tales that they believe have come from those ‘in the know’.”
UFO Core Story Revealed By RealityUncovered.net

Another Round of Disclosures, Shall We?
Well…for a lot of you who are reading this, it may have started with Serpo – that initially intriguing tale of 12 astronauts who allegedly traveled to a distant planet in the 1950’s as part of a human-alien exchange program. Don’t know what I’m talking about? This was a story distributed to an email list in 2005 by Richard Doty, a former Air Force AFOSI agent who turns out to be a bit of a con artist who’s “con” career started (as far as anyone knows) during his last few years serving AFOSI.
As our investigators began turning over rocks and uncovering more about those who were assisting Doty with these story releases, the apparent depth and scope of the scam started to take shape. Tracing back elements of the 2005 releases revealed a ‘core story’ that spans back to not only the 1980’s, but as early as the 1970’s. Finally, we are getting to the real meat – the real core of this story.

Elements – Wright Patterson AFB, former Intelligence officers, former government scientific contractors, and all of them believers in weird and wild paranormal theories…and very often the outer limits of fringe science – and I mean the outer limits. As in…standing outside the limits and doing cartwheels. Is this what true “cutting edge” science looks like? God…I really hope not.
The culprits people think they know in this story are only a few of a wider group that’s been involved in this thing from day one. What is this thing? It’s an experiment, of sorts. It’s important to take a look at what and who we’re dealing with here.

- Ron Pandolfi – CIA Scientist (possibly former) who expressed an interest in the 30 year scams early on in the Doty investigation.
- Kit Green – Former CIA scientist who had an obvious interest in the 30 year scams, with an intense interest in Ufology believers – the weirder the better. Found shoulder to shoulder with Doty in 2005.
- Hal Puthoff – Former government contractor and former parapsychologist who has an avid interest in any form of metaphysical science that can bring lots of money. Also working with Doty in 2005.
- Jacque Vallee – Former computer expert with a fascination regarding Ufology cults and beliefs, as well as the phenomenon itself.
- John Alexander – Mr. Non-Lethal-Weapons himself, with a fascinating in parapsychology and just about anything else paranormal…his hands deep into everything.
- C.B. Scott Jones – Ever heard of him? Sen. Claiborne Pell’s embarassment…and Prince Hans Adam’s biggest mistake. He remains a constant eyesore at UFO conferences…what’s his involvement? That’s why we’re here folks. That’s why we’re here.
- Ernie Kellerstrass – Read this interview he offered Bruce Maccabee barely a year before the MJ-12 scam was released upon the UFO crowd. Need I say more? Well I will anyway.
Another Round of Disclosures, Shall We?

Serpo Was One of the Top Internet Scams (5 June 2009)
Since the 1980’s, there’s been an active distribution of information and data related to a mythological government group known as “MJ-12”. Even after 2000, the group remained active and attempted to distribute “Project Serpo” one of the most aggressively distributed top internet fraud scams in recent times. The introduction of these documents into Ufology in the 1980’s, offered the Ufologists of the time something they could really sink their teeth into. Here was the government disclosure they dreamed of. It was finally happening!
Ultimately, the creators of those documents drew upon data that already existing within the field, within existing books and other media on the topic. It was the perfect scam, because when those Ufologists (Moore, Shandera, Linda Howe, Maccabee, etc…) received those documents or read its contents they felt vindicated, because everything they’d been saying for years turned out to be true!
Who Are the “Creators” of MJ-12?

At this point it’s public knowledge who the researchers were who were actively investigating these releases, and dealing with the “background” individuals who were working in the shadows. In fact, Bill Moore made no secret of the names of the people he was dealing with – he even gave them a collective group name, called the “Aviary.” These were individuals who were communicating with Moore at some point in the 1980’s related to the Roswell/MJ-12 investigations. Many of these individuals introduced themselves, and communicated with Moore in what they portrayed as “official” capacity. These names included, most prominently:
- Ronald Pandolfi
- Christopher “Kit” Green
- Hal Puthoff
- Rick Doty
- John Alexander
- Ernie Kellerstrass
- Jacques Vallee
The truth is this – much of this started in the 1970’s. The philosophy noted in the RU article provides tremendous clues to motive. And resting within the list of individuals is the name of one man who mentioned those same exact philosophies, before they were ever released in the form of the MJ-12 documents.
Serpo Was One of the Top Internet Scams

How Illuminati Symbols Connect to MJ-12 (19 June 2009)
The particular core philosophy that relates to the illuminati symbols I’d like to point out are mentioned in a November 9, 2005 release from the folks who were trying to redistribute this MJ-12 myth throughout ufological circles again:

The Eben civilization was estimated to be about 10,000 years old . They evolved from another planet, not on Serpo. The original home planet of the Ebens was threatened with extreme volcanic activity. [snip]

The Ebens have been space travelers for the past 2,000 years. The Ebens first visited Earth about 2,000 years ago.

There are two parts to these sentences. The first is that the aliens, or “Ebens” are far more advanced or evolved than the human race. Secondly, the suggestion is planted that Christ was one of those advanced beings – implying that his message (Christ’s message) is identical to the alien message.
Yet, many ufology investigators cringe at the sight or sound of religious context. However, these religious messages also provide us with great insight into the mind of the creators of this particular meme which appears to have originated around the late 1970s and from individuals like Rick Doty, Ernie Kellerstrass, Hal Puthoff and others.
What’s the difference between remote viewing, clairvoyance, a seance, and channeling “alien” messages? Not much.

Setting aside the fact that most skeptics believe all of these people are simply nuts, the humans involved believe that the thoughts that enter their minds are put there by external forces, like messages arriving in a neurological Inbox.
The core MJ-12 message that matches the message above is this – as humans we must embrace the dark side of power, or as the MJ-12 distributors would call it, our natural genetic evolution – and then humanity will advance to the next level and be set free, offered knowledge regarding the power of your mind.

Clairvoyance. Psychic ability. Remote viewing.

A commonly recognized Illuminati symbol by most researchers is the “all seeing eye,” a reference to the ability to see at all locations and at all times throughout the universe. The Hindus also refer to the "third eye" in terms of clairvoyance, and of course Egyptians have the eye of Osiris and Freemasonry uses this Illuminati symbol as well.
So then, what is the relevance that all of these myths relate to clairvoyance and the alleged latent psychic abilities of the mind? The relevance is, setting aside your personal religious beliefs, who are the people who are most interested in distributing these beliefs to humanity?

Who are the ones who believe that by making a choice to embrace these "dark energies" one can make that next evolutionary jump along with the rest of humanity? You will find the source of these stories when you identify those who most tightly hold to the same philosophy distributed in those stories.
How Illuminati Symbols Connect to MJ-12

Are Certain Space Propulsion Researchers Defrauding Ufology? (16 July 2009)
In 2006, an official, a physicist involved in researching advanced technology concepts for the CIA responded to a few of my questions regarding one specific researcher, Hal Puthoff, by explaining that most mainstream researchers do not take him seriously.

After spending many months reading through volumes of claims by a number of Ufologists that Hal is one of the "leading scientists" working on breakthrough technologies such as space propulsion and energy, specifically quantum vacuum energy, that answer surprised me.
Is there any relevance to the fact that when the field of Quantum Vacuum Energy began (early 1990’s) was also around the time when the MJ-12 hoax that started in the 1980’s was given new life with releases distributed to Ufologist Don Berliner in 1994?
On July 13, 2009, RealityUncovered released The Bad Shepherd, a shocking expose of a research project that was several months in the making. The report offered documentation from public records and other sources outlining the fact that one of the UFO communities most highly touted sources, most publicly in Bob Collins’ book Exempt From Disclosure , was not who he claimed to be.

The source was James Angleton Jr., a Florida resident and member of Florida’s elite community – a wealthy banker and allegedly (or so he has claimed to “insiders” for years), the decendent of the Spymaster James Jesus Angleton, the CIA mastermind made famous in the movie “The Good Shepherd.”

What the RU report revealed was the fact that neither James Angleton Jr. nor James Angleton Sr. were even remotely related to the real James Jesus Angleton of CIA fame. Both men were actually members of a family originally named “Angelo” – a Greek family based in Florida, and of no relation to the real JJA.
The most revealing part of the RU report is the fact that the person who introduced this fake Angleton character to at least Bob Collins, was none other than Harold “Hal” Puthoff. Ultimately, the information the fake Angleton was sending Collins and others for distribution throughout the UFO community, included strange advanced physics concepts and even formulas.

The Angleton notes covered concepts like advanced propulsion and anti-gravity, such as this quote from the RU report:

“We watched the craft displace gravity via propagation by a magnetic wave (3). It resonated at first, ALF (Alien Life Form) our liaison, telepathically explained its basic propulsion stating that N in the equation (not shown) is the number of pairs in the super-conductor (these electron pairs contribute to the anti-gravity effect) with a slowly changing component and frequency for the EM field. [7]”

Again, why would Hal Puthoff introduce this man to Collins? Why would someone posing as a fake decendent of the CIA mastermind James Jesus Angleton start distributing advanced propulsion/physics concepts allegedly drawn from JJA’s CIA notes?
Are Certain Space Propulsion Researchers Defrauding Ufology?

Gary Bekkum’s Version of the UFO “Core Story” (25 January 2010)
From 2005 and beyond, RealityUncovered gradually revealed the folks who were not only the closest to the source of distribution during the Serpo events, but also during MJ-12 and the Bill Moore fiasco that is now Ufology folklore. As a result of that “outing,” many people have interviewed each of the particular players – Kit Green, Hal Puthoff, Rick Doty
Kit Green has described the core story as being the “central” truth of the UFO phenomenon that he, Hal Puthoff and Jacques Vallee were able to agree upon back in 1983, only a few years before both Kit and Hal were to retire from full-time government work (or contract work, in the case of Hal). Kit has never shared what that agreement was, other than hinting subtly to Caryn Anscomb that it had to do with Alien contact of some form.
It isn’t the same as the one these three men agreed upon – instead it’s one that Gary believes the Government is focused on based upon their past research on Remote Viewing, as portrayed by the many documents from the FOIA Stargate Files Gary has accumulated through the years.
He has interviewed enough of these characters to understand that they were not only up to something strange and surreal back in the 1970s and 1980s (as detailed in the Stargate documents), but it appears they are still involved in strange and surreal activities.
Gary Bekkum’s Version of the UFO “Core Story”

Ball Lightning Science and the Allure of Free Energy (8 October 2012)
During the 1990s, approximately 30 percent of North Korea’s funding went toward defense funding. In the U.S., due to a recession, the U.S. military needed to be very selective about what defense research projects that it funded. This led to the shift of many of the more fringe, less promising areas of research to shift over to the private sector for continued funding.

In the private sector, there’s no shortage of investors that can be convinced to sink capital into high-risk research ventures with a great deal of pie-in-the-sky talk about the promise of concepts like free energy. The idea of generating vast amounts of energy with very little overhead is a patent-seekers dream. Patent that technology, and you can virtually own the world.

One such investor that was convinced to invest heavily into the concept of free energy was William Church of the well known fried chicken chain in Texas known as Church’s Fried Chicken. As an amateur scientist, Church was intrigued when approached by physicist Hal Puthoff with the idea of seeking such free energy technologies, focused primarily on Hal’s long running theory that – in very simple terms – is a theory that postulates the vacuum of microscopic space all around us is filled with vibrating particles that could essentially be “tapped”. It’s a concept termed as “zero point energy” – a pie-in-the-sky physics concept that has been used as the founding principle for numerous free energy scams.

One example of such a scam was the “magic box” promoted by Madison Priest of Florida, who promised that his converter box could convert regular copper lines into high-throughput data lines for data and video – faster than fiber-optic cables. Madison drew investments of millions of dollars from companies like Intel, Blockbuster, and even the son of Ted Turner. Madison waved around a U.S. patent certificate issued by the U.S. government as proof that the technology worked. The technology never came to light, and in 2002, Madison Priest pleaded guilty to growing over 1,0000 marijuana plants in a factory. By pleading guilty to the drug charges, Priest was able to block a government probe into his “magic box” technology scam. (3)

Madison used Hal’s unproven theory “Zero Point” physics to explain how his box worked.
The truth was that William Church hired Hal Puthoff – who had spent the previous two decades living off of government funding for remote viewing (psychic) research before the government shut the program down – and Puthoff’s colleague Kenneth Shoulders to build and use the research facility to finally make some conclusively headway with that elusive zero point energy.

A few years later, the only result of the investment was U.S. Patent #5,018,180 that describes the “…apparatus and method for obtaining energy from high electrical charge density entities.” (1) The only other remaining evidence of that wasted investment today is the fenced-in property and abandoned buildings that now scar the top of Bullhead Mountain like a bad memory.
Ball Lightning Science and the Allure of Free Energy

Gordon Novel JFK and the Making of a Myth (16 March, 2014)
Gordon Novel. If you don’t know him, consider this your introduction to his long career of running scams.
Gordon then moved on to his next scam. The production of what he called a Replication Alien Machine, or RAM for short.

It was supposed to be a project – making the use of physicists and engineers – to build an antigravity device that could replicate the sort of behaviors witnessed and reported related to UFO sightings. With the possibility that Gordon might be drawing in actual funding sources from a number of company owners – in one case the owner of a major hair shampoo brand – a number of usual suspects started gathering around Gordon and offering support for his efforts. These included individuals like Paul Murad, Hal Puthoff, and other scientists – approximately 12 scientists who are known for their survival off of funding from people and investor groups who are gullible enough to invest into impossible scientific research in the hopes that such risky ventures will turn up a gold-mine return. It’s the investor’s version of casino gambling.

Proof of this came in the form of a RAM business plan that was leaked to us in 2010 – written up by none other than Paul Murad, and including some of the silliest diagrams and pseudo-scientific terms for different modules of the craft – including a component labeled “flux capacitor”. Yes, the fictional part of the DeLorean engine used in the film Back to the Future. How anyone who saw this business plan took any part of it seriously is the only real mystery here.
By 2011, once Gordon started acting irrationally, getting paranoid and scaring off serious investors with his rants. Paul Murad, with seed funding from investor Morgan Boardman dropped Gordon completely, and launched “Morningstar Applied Physics” – bringing over many of the same scientists who had been swarming around Gordon’s potential funding sources.

In an email leaked to us in 2010, Morgan wrote the following to his team of project managers:

“All this means is that we are still out beating the bushes for capital. We seriously want to pursue our collective dreams of developing solutions to solve mankind’s problems through the use of advanced technologies. The twelve scientists who are agreeing to assist in our dream of making a safer happier healthier world, have our ongoing gratitude and good will.

As always, Paul and I feel an ‘Unqualified sense of giddy optimism’ regarding our prospects, however now we can with all confidence say that our optimism is making headway and that eventually we will succeed.”
In 2007, Ron Pandolfi mentioned fringe theoretical Physicist Hal Puthoff’s involvement in Gordon Novel’s RAM project as another humorous aspect of the whole show. When I emailed Hal to ask him about this, Hal denied involvement with Gordon, and downplayed his interest and involvement with Gordon Novel by writing:

“…it’s just like I’m listed as being Gordon Novel’s chief scientist because I answer questions when he calls me (my answers not usually to his liking, I might add!).”

At least it was an admission by Hal that he was in fact listed in the business plan and in Gordon’s emails as a chief scientist for the fraud known as RAM. In fact, this was the tact taken by most scientists who had been scrambling after Gordon Novel for the money they hoped he could secure with his distict ability to score a mark – an ability he’d proven well throughout his lifetime.

Hal’s dismissal of his involvement was contradicted by Gordon’s own report on the RAM project when it ended. Gordon explained (regarding Hal Puthoff’s involvement) in a final writeup:

– Page 20: “Hal Puthoff, whose intellect is truly without peer, once let me read a deep black unpublished paper of his that explained how he thought the zero-point field (ZPF) caused gravity.”
– Page 68: “…it is possible to have fluctuations beyond unity in which the Second Law is violated, or so I am told by Hal.”
– Page 90: “…Were it not for being privileged to know the good Doctor (Puthoff) and his wonderful family, I seriously doubt that I would have continued my high interest in the ARV/UFO matter, much less be writing this case treatise for his critical scrutiny.”
– Page 90: “A paper Dr. Puthoff furnished me when we met is extremely relevant to the How-To function of the ARV system.”
– Page 143: “About that same time (1995), Hal Puthoff sent me a very informative paper in response to my query on the rest mass voltage…”
– Page 179: “…as Dr. Puthoff will confirm from discussions we had in 1994 and some CAD/CAM graphics that I sent him in 1995.”
– Page 230: “Further, the statements of UFO contactees and abductees, the crash report of Rennie Beicker (according to Hal Puthoff)…”

Whether you can take the word of a 5-decades-long scam artist, or that of a fringe scientist who evades hard questions like Mohammad-Ali dodges punches, I leave up to you the reader to decide.
Gordon Novel JFK and the Making of a Myth

After reading that, It's much easier to understand why Puthoff got involved with TTSA as well. It's also interesting how he has the tendency of trying to downplay his own involvement in questionable adventures. His version quite obviously doesn't match reality in the case of Scientology, as already evidenced by his own writings at the time, and I also read elsewhere how he tried to downplay how Uri Geller fooled him when Randi exposed his tricks. So don't be surprised if he later says to have been just a contractor/consultant of TTSA with not much of a role, if and when that starts to fall apart.

Edit:
According to this forum post, that "splinter Scientology organization that Bill Ryan, of Serpo fame, is a member of" is Ron's Org:
Bill often says he is on the enemies list of the CofS, in the hope somehow of deflecting attention from the fact he is a very high ranking member of Ron's Org - part of the Freezone Scientology organisation.
Reality Uncovered Forums • View topic - Bill Ryan and Scientology

Last edited:
Tom DeLonge finally acknowledges the Nimitz mylar “party balloon”

To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science
4 hrs ·
On October 11, 2017, during a broadcast announcing the formation of To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science, our creative team utilized a slide that was intended to be illustrative of the Nimitz case discussed in the presentation. We recognize that the use of this slide without proper clarification created confusion and, most importantly, did not meet our standard of accuracy. TTS Academy is committed to being a trusted leader in the exploration of exotic science and technologies, and we regret this oversight. It is important to note that the evidence presented by the speaker regarding the Nimitz case is derived from the testimony of multiple US military personnel and multiple sensors aboard multiple ships and aircraft operating in conditions of excellent visibility. Furthermore, the US Department of Defense has not denied the account provided by TTS Academy or the retired US military personnel involved in the incidents of November 14, 2004.

Yeah, that pretty much summarizes the problem. Things start to go south the moment people cannot differentiate their hopes from actual facts anymore.

Which is why communities like this could be a valuable but underutilized resource for those who are actually interested in finding facts. But TTSA for example doesn't really seem to be interested about any feedback really. We have seen the various answers they have given to people, which pretty much amounts to "can't tell, contribute by buying our stock".

Speaking of which:
To The Stars Academy

Investors
$247,851
Amount Raised

Whoa, did that actually happen or is it an error? If it happened, it may be all over for them.

I have sort of expected that the one suspicious extra million they got in October might disappear at some point, but it was only a couple of days ago that they still had something like 2.3 million.

Archived snapshot from the Internet Archive, taken today 12:42:37:

Investors
$2,434,231

Amount Raised

So the number of investors is the same, but $2,186,380 has disappeared somewhere. Most likely explanations are probably some sort of error or they have had to return money back to the so called investors.

Here's their latest investment update from Saturday, 2 days ago:
To The Stars Academy

So they are urging people to complete the investment processes. Does anyone know how their processes actually work? Is it so that they haven't actually received at least some of that money yet, more like promises, and if people don't finalize those processes now, their investments won't actually happen? That would explain a lot...

Edit:
seems like it was a temporary problem, as now it's back to:

Investors
$2,449,001
Amount Raised
As of Tuesday evening Jan 23:
838CE032-7DE0-4F3B-A40C-360E7AAFB890.png

And you just don't care that it has been exposed as scams and pseudo-science because? Torsion field (pseudoscience) - Wikipedia [URL='https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Torsion_field']Torsion field - RationalWiki [/URL]
I hope you don't mind me interjecting here, but I got into this debate over on the skeptics forum at one point just because I found it interesting ( not because I have it figured out myself ). At the time it was instigated over Hoagland and is Accutron watch being able to detect anomalous fields due to the tiny tuning fork inside the watch being physically affected somehow by the torsion field. As I started to do the analysis, it became clear fairly quickly that the claims were contentious but not entirely illogical.

I followed the trail through to the Russian
Torsion Field experiments and they bore a striking resemblance to Frame Dragging with implications for Lense–Thirring Precession. In the end I concluded that all these ideas were conceptually related and that I simply didn't have the amount of evidence and technical know-how to properly evaluate and compare them all, and therefore remain skeptical about all of them to some extent, mainly because I don't buy into the idea that space is actually curved. I think that is only an analogy that is convenient for describing the behavior of things, not the fundamental reality of things.

@Thomas R Morrison and I are at a standstill on that. I've been waiting on a response from my last point, but we keep getting side tracked on these other topics and it was getting a bit intense, so maybe that has something to do with it too. I dunno. Thomas? Are we ever going to look at that last point I made on space curvature? You know, where I point out that the actual and apparent positions of objects due to gravitational lensing must mean that it's not space itself that is curved, but only that it's how light behaves when it passes by massive objects? Or is that still too hot to touch?

Tom DeLonge finally acknowledges the Nimitz mylar “party balloon”

To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science
4 hrs ·
On October 11, 2017, during a broadcast announcing the formation of To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science, our creative team utilized a slide that was intended to be illustrative of the Nimitz case discussed in the presentation. We recognize that the use of this slide without proper clarification created confusion and, most importantly, did not meet our standard of accuracy. TTS Academy is committed to being a trusted leader in the exploration of exotic science and technologies, and we regret this oversight. It is important to note that the evidence presented by the speaker regarding the Nimitz case is derived from the testimony of multiple US military personnel and multiple sensors aboard multiple ships and aircraft operating in conditions of excellent visibility. Furthermore, the US Department of Defense has not denied the account provided by TTS Academy or the retired US military personnel involved in the incidents of November 14, 2004.

Too little, way too late.

That correction is also way too vague. They do not really explain where that slide came from, which slide it was (for those who don't know) and why they used it. They also manage to make it sound like it was given as evidence of that event, as they try to defend how there are other supporting facts. I guess they just didn't want to reveal how stupid that mistake was, and how they themselves probably thought it was connected, even though they should have known better, and instead of making an honest admission they once again rather let it hurt the credibility of that case.

And as I said before, this is definitely not the only problem for their "standard of accuracy". It was even more revealing how they told an inaccurate and sensationalized version of that story in that same announcement event, making it sound like the UFO somehow threatened the carrier group.

As for that "We recognize that the use of this slide without proper clarification" part, it would be interesting to hear what their "proper clarification" would have been for something that didn't have anything to do with the case at all.

As of Tuesday evening Jan 23

Yep, that $247,851 seems to have been some temporary problem, which lasted for at least an hour or so. Don't know what would explain that though. If they update those manually, it could have been a copy-paste of some wrong number somewhere. It wasn't just a typo, as there was too many differences to what it should have been. If those number are updated automatically from FundAmerica systems, then it's even more curious why they would return something like that.

It's also weird how those numbers are not divisible by $5 (price of one share). Are they selling partial shares?

I hope you don't mind me interjecting here, but I got into this debate over on the skeptics forum at one point just because I found it interesting ( not because I have it figured out myself ). At the time it was instigated over Hoagland and is Accutron watch being able to detect anomalous fields due to the tiny tuning fork inside the watch being physically affected somehow by the torsion field. As I started to do the analysis, it became clear fairly quickly that the claims were contentious but not entirely illogical.

Torsion Field experiments and they bore a striking resemblance to Frame Dragging with implications for Lense–Thirring Precession. In the end I concluded that all these ideas were conceptually related and that I simply didn't have the amount of evidence and technical know-how to properly evaluate and compare them all

Those parts I highlighted pretty much sums up how pseudo-science works. As mentioned before from RationalWiki (which also has more details about that Hoagland version):
Torsion fields really do exist, in the advanced physics of Einstein-Cartan theory. However, the concept has been adopted by woo-salesmen who love the sciency sound to the phrase, but stand no chance whatever of understanding the truly scary equations of the real Einstein–Cartan theory.
Torsion field - RationalWiki

Their nonsense is loosely based on existing scientific ideas and concepts, and those woo-salesmen are counting on the fact their audiences don't have enough time or knowledge to evaluate where facts turn into fiction. Similarly all sorts of belief systems and religions are always built on top of some earlier iterations, as there has to be something familiar that people already accept, and then they can sneak in some new nonsense on top of it. In reality it's the details that make or break theories, but people have a tendency to take some familiar parts as confirmation of larger wholes, even though it doesn't logically work like that.

Ultimately it's about psychology and how our minds have certain tendencies for irrational thinking. One of the reasons why the scientific method works so well is because it tries to minimize their effects.

If we consider those pseudo-scientific claims of that (non-scientist) Hoagland for instance, it seems to be a typical case of wishful thinking leading to selection and confirmation biases, basically seeing a signal where there's none, and ignoring all evidence to the contrary. Our minds also tend to work so that the more we invest into something like that, the more we believe against all logic and evidence, as it just becomes more and more painful to admit the mistake and all that was wasted.

Eventually it can get to the levels of True-believer syndrome - Wikipedia , which in all its strangeness is illustrated nicely by these examples:
In his book The Psychic Mafia, Keene told of his partner, a psychic medium named "Raoul" in the book. Some in their congregation still believed that Raoul was genuine even after he openly admitted that he was a fake. Keene wrote "I knew how easy it was to make people believe a lie, but I didn't expect the same people, confronted with the lie, would choose it over the truth. ... No amount of logic can shatter a faith consciously based on a lie."[1][5]

According to The Skeptic's Dictionary, an example of this syndrome is evidenced by an event in 1988 when stage magician James Randi, at the request of an Australian news program, coached stage performer José Alvarez to pretend he was channelling a two-thousand-year-old spirit named "Carlos". Even after it was revealed to be a fictional character created by Randi and Alvarez, many people continued to believe that "Carlos" was real.[4] Randi commented: "no amount of evidence, no matter how good it is or how much there is of it, is ever going to convince the true believer to the contrary."[6]

So it's no wonder True believers keep on believing illusionists and pseudo-scientists even when others thoroughly expose them, if they can keep believing them even after they expose themselves! When such downward spirals of negative evidence reinforcing beliefs continue long enough, the results are not pretty, to say the least. I have seen how it progresses over relatively short time periods, and when someone reaches the point that they basically create themselves a bubble universe of their own and ignore the real one, there's not much you can do anymore. It's like talking to a zombie.

Matthew J. Sharps has given a good explanation of the psychological factors at play, on that same page (and explained in more detail in that referenced article):
In an article published in Skeptical Inquirer, psychologist Matthew J. Sharps and his colleagues analyze and dissect the psychology of True Believers and their behavior after the predicted apocalypse fails to happen. Using the 2012 Mayan apocalypse prophecy as example, and citing several other similar cases, Sharps contributes four psychological factors that compel these people to continue their belief (or even stronger belief) despite the conflicted reality.[8]
  • Subclinical dissociative tendencies: While not suffering from mental illness, people with subclinical dissociative tendencies have a higher inclination to experience disconnection with immediate physical reality and propensity to see highly improbable things with enhanced credulity. Such subclinical dissociation is usually associated with paranormal thinking.[8]
  • Cognitive dissonance: The more one invests in a belief, the more value one will place in this belief and, as a consequence, be more resistant to facts, evidence or reality that contradict this belief. Some of the True Believers in the Keech case in the example above had left their spouses, jobs and given up their possessions to prepare to board the alien spacecraft. When the world did not end, cognitive dissonance provided an enhancement of their beliefs and outlet for their heavy investment and discomfort in front of reality.[7][8]
  • Gestalt processing: In the continuum in human information processing, people with Gestalt processing will consider a concept without detailed analysis (as opposed to feature-intensive thinking) and accept the idea as a whole relatively uncritically. Sharps suggests a relationship between dissociative tendencies and gestalt processing. People who incline to believe paranormal activities will be more likely to credulously entertain the ancient Mayan prophecies whose details most people know little about.[8]
  • Availability heuristic: Under the mental shortcut of availability heuristic, people place more importance and give more weight to a belief when examples related to the idea are more readily recalled, most often because they are recent information and latest news.[9] The information of Mayan prophecies has been abundantly available, especially in the media, before the expected apocalyptic date. People's judgments tend to bias toward this latest news, particularly those with dissociative tendency toward supernatural and favor gestalt processing.[8]

Those are pretty easy to connect to the conversation about torsion fields pseudo-science before, just by reading various messages by the believers, which pretty much confirm those factors at work. Those somewhat distant and suitably vague Russian "theories" provide the right kind of mixture of something familiar mixed with improbable, incredible and nonsensical. That's along the lines of all sorts of secret and sacred information in various belief systems. As you can read before, those who believe in those have themselves asserted how they lack the expertise of proper evaluation but have nonetheless invested considerable time on the ideas over the years, see more value in taking improbable things seriously than most of us, like those ideas and overall concepts because they are relevant for their hopes and current interests etc., and are also willing to accept more and more ideas of questionable nature that seem to come along those already accepted ones.

It's also easy to see how the various psychological defense mechanisms start to kick in and how the inability to actually respond to the given disconcerting information leads to blaming the messenger, inventing conspiracy theories etc. It's all very familiar and follows the same patterns that can be seen in pretty much all similar kinds of conversations about religious and pseudo-scientific ideas. I have seen enough of those that I could probably have written a reasonably accurate script of how the conversation will proceed before it happened. But then the pseudo-science types would have taken it as evidence of clairvoyance or time-travel...

Torsion Field experiments and they bore a striking resemblance to Frame Dragging with implications for Lense–Thirring Precession. In the end I concluded that all these ideas were conceptually related and that I simply didn't have the amount of evidence and technical know-how to properly evaluate and compare them all, and therefore remain skeptical about all of them to some extent, mainly because I don't buy into the idea that space is actually curved. I think that is only an analogy that is convenient for describing the behavior of things, not the fundamental reality of things.

@Thomas R Morrison and I are at a standstill on that. I've been waiting on a response from my last point, but we keep getting side tracked on these other topics and it was getting a bit intense, so maybe that has something to do with it too. I dunno. Thomas? Are we ever going to look at that last point I made on space curvature? You know, where I point out that the actual and apparent positions of objects due to gravitational lensing must mean that it's not space itself that is curved, but only that it's how light behaves when it passes by massive objects? Or is that still too hot to touch?

Randle, if you haven't yet come across it, @Thomas has opened a new thread devoted to physical science issues at

UFO propulsion, metric engineering, and horizon physics

Randle, if you haven't yet come across it, @Thomas has opened a new thread devoted to physical science issues at

Yep – I want to respect CuCullen’s polite request that we take our physics discussions elsewhere:

Hi all,

I know I'm new here and perhaps I am overstepping my bounds when I request, most humbly, that we keep comments on this thread related to the topic, "Top questions and doubts about...Elizondo."

It becomes tiresome to log in and find 30+ new replies to this thread that have little to no connection to the original topic. Perhaps a moderator or commenter could divert off-topic discussions to a different thread for, say, speculative physics or remote viewing?

Just a request from the peanut gallery. Thanks all!

-Cu

I followed the trail through to the Russian Torsion Field experiments and they bore a striking resemblance to Frame Dragging with implications for Lense–Thirring Precession. In the end I concluded that all these ideas were conceptually related and that I simply didn't have the amount of evidence and technical know-how to properly evaluate and compare them all, and therefore remain skeptical about all of them to some extent, mainly because I don't buy into the idea that space is actually curved. I think that is only an analogy that is convenient for describing the behavior of things, not the fundamental reality of things.

No worries Monsieur – I assumed that I’d replied to that post, but apparently I only thought about it. It was never an issue of intensity: I enjoy our intense discussions (but I do sometimes find endless bickering with Asperger’s patients over petty minutia to be an exasperating and joyless waste of time, so I’ve gone cold turkey on that).

Since our previous discussion involves the physics of spacetime, I responded to it here:

Christopher O’Brien copied the topic statement directly from the title to a blogpost by Jon Rappaport.
Top questions and doubts about UFO whistleblower, Luis Elizondo

Speaking of which, I took a look what Rappoport has said about the subject since that and found this:
Again, Elizondo, the point man for recent UFO revelations, could have stepped up to the podium at a global press conference and said, “I want to introduce you to my elite team of former government insiders. After discussions, we’ve decided to form OUR OWN group and tell the truth about UFOs. We represent no one in government or outside government. We need no mouthpiece or promoter. We’re simply here to reveal hidden reality…”

But instead, he and the other insiders signed on with Tom DeLonge, a man they didn’t need and whose reputation would do them no good.

If you believe that choice was a simple error in judgment, committed by long-time CIA and military spooks with large ops experience, I have condos for sale on Venus.

The plan was to disclose and smear the disclosure. Confess and stain the confession. Admit and cast doubt on the admission.

If that isn’t so, if there is some other reason for these insiders to join forces with DeLonge, let’s hear it.
“UFO Disclosure”: a covert op to discredit real disclosure

Here's a question that might at least partially answer Rappoport's question:

If Elizondo actually is the sort of no-nonsense type of guy he has seemed to be in various interviews, and he wanted to speak out, but not to be the frontman of the show, what were his options? Can you name someone who he could have joined forces with and who wouldn't have hurt his credibility?

You know what is truly sad, as apparently …, TTSA = Trump University:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Its sad what this thread has devolved into...
Well, maybe this video discussion may cheer you up. It’s almost 3 hours long, but does raise many questions and doubts about Lue Waldo Elizondo that is the topic of this thread. It’s Dark Journalist interviewing Joseph P “The Smoking Man” Farrell and Alexandra Bruce, and even our own Uncle @Walter Bosley makes a cameo appearance at the end. (Recorded Jan 19, 2018)

Its sad what this thread has devolved into...

The saddest part is that Elizondo may not have much to do with most of the stuff that has been discussed in this thread, but since he joined the TTSA, he pretty much chained himself to it all in public perception. If he is even half as rational as he has seemed to be in the interviews, he should have realized by now he should have chosen his company better. But then again, nobody has answered to my question above, so maybe he didn't have much to choose from.

In any case, I would really like to know why he made that choice, was that the only option, how happy he is about it now, and does he actually believe those TTSA spaceship plans, telepathy etc. and whatever DeGullible has been talking about publicly.

And yes, I would also like to know where in the world he is, and why they have let the media attention to die out and haven't given or clarified their claims about chain of custody documentation and all that.

I would also like to know where in the world he is, and why they have let the media attention to die out and haven't given or clarified their claims about chain of custody documentation and all that.
Please allow me to enlighten everyone on this up and coming event. Of course if you want to hear the answers to cherry-picked questions, you'll have to pay to play.
Post Your Questions for Luis Elizondo • r/UFOs
International UFO Congress | Luis Elizondo
So, to answer those of curiosity, "where's Elizondo", my opinion is ..., rehearsing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luis was originally going to join us at the conference, but that will not be possible due to a personal issue.
Although he can not physically make it to the conference, we will show an interview with Luis recorded exclusively for the International UFO Congress.

So that doesn't exclude the possibility that he is held hostage on the TTSA premises against his will... Look for distress signals.

On a more serious note, I think this long silence has pretty much confirmed my earlier suspicions that they don't actually have much they could release. They haven't even released that third video they promised ages ago. Is that all they have?

They haven't even released that third video they promised ages ago.
Good point, as we shouldn't be surprised if the third video were to be presented at the International UFO Congress, as the proverbial ace up Elizondo's sleeve.

Back