• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

"Top questions and doubts about UFO whistleblower, Luis Elizondo "

That is correct. I did clean some things up at a blog article I started with a chat with Dr. Nolan but have added some things that should be of some interest since including a link to a paper on the possible ET materials by Professor Peter Sturrock and a presentation from Jacques Vallee.

The UFO Partisan: The Science Behind The Pentagon UFO Study

Thank you, @Frank, for linking this. It is most informative and intriguing, particularly your question here and Nolan's response:

"Q: Do any of these metamaterials have shape memory properties?

DR. NOLAN: They might, but I have not been following that area. My main interest is in quantum microscopes and how they might manage properties of electromagnetism and entanglement. I am particularly interested, and on record at several conferences, stating that entanglement might offer a whole new way to measure events at a distance for biological and clinical purposes."

So, potentially new medical imaging technology using lessons learned from "alien" metamaterials... The wording is interesting. How far is "at a distance?" Could a quantum scope "measure events" across a wall? Across space? Could it be mounted on a satellite?

So, potentially new medical imaging technology using lessons learned from "alien" metamaterials... The wording is interesting. How far is "at a distance?" Could a quantum scope "measure events" across a wall? Across space? Could it be mounted on a satellite?
Quantum entanglement operates instantaneously at any distance, regardless of any barriers, but I've never seen any kind of theoretical proposal that offers a method to transmit useful information in this way. And this paper calls into question the statistical modeling that resulted in the quantum entanglement interpretation in the first place, so it might not be a real phenomenon after all. Either way I can't see a viable physics model that would allow for the kind of applications that he's talking about there. If such an idea exists in the academic literature, I've never seen it.

Last edited:
Thomas R. Morrison -

I wonder if mental telepathy might be a possible way to transmit (at faster than light speed) useful information over vast interstellar distances.

It's my understanding one of the experiments in the Nolan/Green study tried to measure exactly that. Subject 1 is placed in an MRI in one location, Subject 2 in the same at some far distant place. The MRIs supposedly measure when the psychic projection is sent and received. Therefore, you get your answer.

I wanted to make one last observation on Jacques Vallée, because some hold his views with a degree of reverence .
As ive said previously Vallée has reserved the right to be wrong and has changed his views over time.
He was born in 1939, and initially after seeing an object in 1955 subscribed to the ETsH.However, by 1969, Vallée's conclusions had changed, and he publicly stated that the ETH was too narrow and ignored too much data.
He started to speculate on supernatural explanations and correlations his IDH also holds that UFOs are a modern manifestation of a phenomenon that has occurred throughout recorded human history, which in prior ages were ascribed to mythological or supernatural creatures.

Its not an unreasonable progression given they way this enigma looks, But imo he didn't go far enough.

He starts with a technological explanation, moves to a supernatural related one, but failed to take that extra step. A technological reality, that looks like a supernatural one.

Were we to take this toy and plonk it on his desk in 1969.

star-wars-forcetrainer.jpg

He would recognize its a piece of technology, But watching it work and being told the "mind" is controlling the ball, no strings and wires. Then to a man living with cabled telephones, no wifi or wireless devices. It could easily appear to be magic.

It would to my mind appear sufficiently advanced to him in 1969 to satisfy Clarke's law

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." ...

But of course its not, It might look supernatural to a man from 1969, but it is just technology that appears to be supernatural from within his cultural frame of reference.

Our own technology is looking more and more like magic, and that's consistent with our catching up to the technology we have been observing.

Humans have been making this error for a long time, even the process of childbirth was once considered magic, but only because we didn't understand the actual mechanism involved.

We should always strive to understand the mechanism, "Magic" as an explanation has never been a correct one.

Vallée proposes that there is a genuine UFO phenomenon, partly associated with a form of non-human consciousness that manipulates space and time. The phenomenon has been active throughout human history, and seems to masquerade in various forms to different cultures. In his opinion, the intelligence behind the phenomenon attempts social manipulation by using deception on the humans with whom they interact.

Vallée also proposes that a secondary aspect of the UFO phenomenon involves human manipulation by humans. Witnesses of UFO phenomena undergo a manipulative and staged spectacle, meant to alter their belief system, and eventually, influence human society by suggesting alien intervention from outer space. The ultimate motivation for this deception is probably a projected major change of human society, the breaking down of old belief systems and the implementation of new ones. Vallée states that the evidence, if carefully analyzed, suggests an underlying plan for the deception of mankind by means of unknown, highly advanced methods.

I think this is roughly consistent with the reality. But i think that while there may indeed be deception on the part of his non-humans. The bulk of the confusion still lies with our lack of technological parity. Once we understand his unknown, highly advanced methods.

The confusion will be gone.

Regarding Vallee, as I understand him. It isn't his contention that "ghosts do magical things and UFO's appear to do magical things also, therefore they are connected." Its more that the magical things they do are extraordinarily similar in form, function, and psychological affect on the observer. Examples, of varying verifiable strength which I have come across off the top of my head, some may be shaky, but they are in the literature. I wont be able to touch on or remember them all as they are so numerous:
-Abductees and close encounter witnesses develop a lot of the strange after-affects which a great many NDE'rs report ie-"psychic" phenomenon, sensitivities towards electrical equipment, a new sense of purpose and spirituality, and often a strong message of interconnectedness. NDErs also (similarly to UFO witnessess, report telepathy as the main and preferred mode of communication with other conscious entities.
-Abductees and close encounter witnesses often begin experiencing paranormal phenomena such as poltergeists/ghosts etc
-Abductees and close encounter witnesses experience similar and bizarre synchronicities as reported in hauntings, cryptid encounters etc (ie-like strange visitations from owls before, during, or after the encounter.
-Abductees and close encounter witnesses often report an overwhelming sense of dread OR sometimes love. Often these emotions are heightened and experienced on a level never before noticed or experienced. We also get reports of this when people encounter cryptids, ghosts, demons etc etc.
-Abductees, haunting victims, close encounter experiencers, cryptid experiencers commonly report smelling sulfur, or rotten eggs before, during, or after the phenomenon
-When UFO sightings increase (as they typically do in waves), cryptid sightings go up

The above list is much much bigger than I can currently recall. But it isnt just Vallees claim. Grant Cameron is essentially on board with this, Robbie Graham feels there is something else going on other than strict ETH, and Stanton Friedman (who is a proponent of ETH) also feels that something else may be afoot.

It's possible that UFO's are also the harbingers of cryptid, fairly, ghost, and demon sightings. I personally think that idea is a stretch, but of course its within the realm of possibility. But whether or not they are behind the NDE phenomenon I think is a real stretch. Here's one thing I have noted in studying these phenomena that I have not heard anybody else touch upon collectively. There is also real crossover of phenomenon with regards to UFOs AND ghosts, hauntings, demonic phenomena etc. This commonality involves exposing people to this phenomenon while withholding absolute proof. It appears obvious that 1) People experience ghosts, demons, and UFOs and 2) These “entities” (while showing themselves) are also engaged in covering up any real proof. Time and time and time again cameras don’t work, film doesn’t develop, videos are mysteriously erased etc. I know people personally who have had this experience and it comes up ALL THE TIME in account after account.

So, are ghosts, UFOS, and cryptids all born of and the result of the same coscious entities? Because they behave quite similarly in MANY ways. Or, are they distinct, but mutually involved in withholding absolute proof from humanity? Is this some “rule” that they are complicit in for some reason? It seems to me that they are all complicit mutually, if they are not the same thing.

My personal OPINION is this. People with pre-birth memories frequently state that they remember “accepting a veil.” This veils purpose, apparently, is to cause temporary amnesia, so we forget who we really are in order that we may properly learn the lessons which we were sent here to learn. Are aliens aware of this? Are they looking after our spiritual development by withholding proof of other realms etc? Ghosts, demons, and cryptids all behave in the same way...

Red Pill Junkie wrote a fantastic writeup discussing the similarities between NDE's, and UFO abduction Phenomena/close encounters

Exploring Overlapping Themes Between NDEs and UFO/Alien Encounters – The Daily Grail

It's also worth noting that that Robert Monroe and others (OBE practicioners and world reknowned experts) do discuss civilisations that operate in the non-physical realm (as we know it). I suppose we'd call it inter dimensional travel. Folk arrive here in our physical dimension using a technology that enables them to 'manifest' here. So they are 'mental or psychological' in the one sense we first become aware of them through non-physical senses. Strieber encounters agencies that are so far removed from us that they seem to be to us (at the very least) as we are to guinea pigs.

Im not anti-ETH. But I think Vallee is absolutely right. It does lack severely in explanatory power in totality.

Last edited:
Thomas R. Morrison -

I wonder if mental telepathy might be a possible way to transmit (at faster than light speed) useful information over vast interstellar distances.
That’s an interesting comment. My initial reaction was very dubious of this idea because there is no consensus in the academic arena that telepathy is even a real phenomenon. But after thinking about for awhile, I have to admit that telepathy is a very common recurring feature of a wide range of unexplained phenomena – one of the top three features of such reports, I would think. So it seems that if we accept any class of paranormal reports to be real in the physical sense, then telepathy would likely be real as well.

In fact I’m inclined to put telepathy and precognition into the same class – both are experienced as some kind of nonverbal inner knowing; they both seem to be examples of a “second sight” – perception in the absence of any conventional human sensing apparatus.

So in that case it’s possible that both telepathy and precognition point to perception through an additional dimension which only our consciousness itself can apprehend, and I mean that very literally: it’s known that the human mind can learn to understand an additional spatial dimension by watching video animations of motion in 4 spatial dimensions.

It might be interesting to train some volunteers to perceive in extra dimensions like that, and then see if they report a higher number of telepathy and precognition experiences than a control group, in a double-blind study.

Incredibly, there’s a compelling theoretical physics basis for this line of thought: one of my favorite theoretical physics geniuses, Dr. Itzhak Bars at USC, has published a series of fascinating papers about a specific gauge symmetry that makes a 4-space and 2-time dimension universe appear as a 3-space and 1-time dimension universe: a 4D “shadow” of a higher 6D physical reality. Here’s one of his papers about what he calls “2T Physics.”

In fact I first encountered the idea of two time dimensions in the metaphysics literature. Apparently mystics use the term “eternity” to refer to this additional dimension of time, which operates orthogonally to the familiar dimension of time. In one book I read, the underlying mystical significance of the Christian cross was interpreted as a depiction of ordinary linear time (the horizontal line) intersecting with the additional time dimension of eternity at the instant of “now,” which is considered to be the doorway to a state of fully awakened human consciousness (aka “enlightenment”). I think it would explain a great deal if the state of enlightenment discussed in mystical literature entails the perception of higher dimensions of space and time.

It’s very interesting to consider the idea of a second dimension of time. If the human mind could somehow move in a second dimension of time, then you could get a “bird’s eye view” of the ordinary linear timeline and see a complete segment of the past and future, instead of the single point that we call “now.” For example, could know what somebody was going to say before they said it: that sure sounds like telepathy to me. And here’s the kicker – it would be a paradox to respond to something that somebody was about to say and thereby pre-empt them from saying it at all, if time were one dimension; but the additional time dimension defines a 2D plane, so a causal sequence could be circular instead of a straight line, and cause the timeline to branch in any one of an infinite number of directions from each point in time. So the paradox vanishes.

If we go a step further and consider the possibility that some intelligent alien beings are already apprehending a second dimension of time, then we would be like Flatlanders to them. That might explain why alien visitors don’t bother talking to us – it would be akin to us talking to a fluke worm.

It's my understanding one of the experiments in the Nolan/Green study tried to measure exactly that. Subject 1 is placed in an MRI in one location, Subject 2 in the same at some far distant place. The MRIs supposedly measure when the psychic projection is sent and received. Therefore, you get your answer.
That’s really provocative. Do you have a link to that study? I’d love to read it.

Regarding Vallee, as I understand him. It isn't his contention that "ghosts do magical things and UFO's appear to do magical things also, therefore they are connected." Its more that the magical things they do are extraordinarily similar in form, function, and psychological affect on the observer. Examples, of varying verifiable strength which I have come across off the top of my head, some may be shaky, but they are in the literature. I wont be able to touch on or remember them all as they are so numerous:
-Abductees and close encounter witnesses develop a lot of the strange after-affects which a great many NDE'rs report ie-"psychic" phenomenon, sensitivities towards electrical equipment, a new sense of purpose and spirituality, and often a strong message of interconnectedness. NDErs also (similarly to UFO witnessess, report telepathy as the main and preferred mode of communication with other conscious entities.
-Abductees and close encounter witnesses often begin experiencing paranormal phenomena such as poltergeists/ghosts etc
-Abductees and close encounter witnesses experience similar and bizarre synchronicities as reported in hauntings, cryptid encounters etc (ie-like strange visitations from owls before, during, or after the encounter.
-Abductees and close encounter witnesses often report an overwhelming sense of dread OR sometimes love. Often these emotions are heightened and experienced on a level never before noticed or experienced. We also get reports of this when people encounter cryptids, ghosts, demons etc etc.
-Abductees, haunting victims, close encounter experiencers, cryptid experiencers commonly report smelling sulfur, or rotten eggs before, during, or after the phenomenon
-When UFO sightings increase (as they typically do in waves), cryptid sightings go up

The above list is much much bigger than I can currently recall

It's possible that UFO's are also the harbingers of cryptid, fairly, ghost, and demon sightings. I personally think that idea is a stretch, but of course its within the realm of possibility. But whether or not they are behind the NDE phenomenon I think is a real stretch. Here's one thing I have noted in studying these phenomena that I have not heard anybody else touch upon collectively. There is also real crossover of phenomenon with regards to UFOs AND ghosts, hauntings, demonic phenomena etc. This commonality involves exposing people to this phenomenon while withholding absolute proof. It appears obvious that 1) People experience ghosts, demons, and UFOs and 2) These “entities” (while showing themselves) are also engaged in covering up any real proof. Time and time and time again cameras don’t work, film doesn’t develop, videos are mysteriously erased etc. I know people personally who have had this experience and it comes up ALL THE TIME in account after account.

So, are ghosts, UFOS, and cryptids all born of and the result of the same coscious entities? Because they behave quite similarly in MANY ways. Or, are they distinct, but mutually involved in withholding absolute proof from humanity? Is this some “rule” that they are complicit in for some reason? It seems to me that they are all complicit mutually, if they are not the same thing.

My personal OPINION is this. People with pre-birth memories frequently state that they remember “accepting a veil.” This veils purpose, apparently, is to cause temporary amnesia, so we forget who we really are in order that we may properly learn the lessons which we were sent here to learn. Are aliens aware of this? Are they looking after our spiritual development by withholding proof of other realms etc? Ghosts, demons, and cryptids all behave in the same way...

Red Pill Junkie wrote a fantastic writeup discussing the similarities between NDE's, and UFO abduction Phenomena/close encounters

Exploring Overlapping Themes Between NDEs and UFO/Alien Encounters – The Daily Grail

It's also worth noting that that Robert Monroe and others (OBE practicioners and world reknowned experts) do discuss civilisations that operate in the non-physical realm (as we know it). I suppose we'd call it inter dimensional travel. Folk arrive here in our physical dimension using a technology that enables them to 'manifest' here. So they are 'mental or psychological' in the one sense we first become aware of them through non-physical senses. Strieber encounters agencies that are so far removed from us that they seem to be to us (at the very least) as we are to guinea pigs.
There’s a whole lot in there – too much to respond to in detail. But I will say this much: the similarities that you’ve pointed out between many disparate phenomena, strike me as evidence of an entirely new but subtle realm of reality which has consistent structure and features, akin to the structured physical laws that we already know about. So the similarities you’ve noted don’t necessarily mean that these various kinds of phenomena are related to each other; it might only mean that the fundamental nature of their existence is associated with the same elusive aspect of reality.

In other words, all of our modern physics is about looking outward at physical reality. But there may be aspects of reality that can’t be understood with that methodology – to understand this other aspect of existence it may be necessary to explore inwardly using our consciousness instead of using external physical instruments. That’s an alien world to us in modern Western civilization, because we almost never look inward. But it was a common practice for thousands of years in myriad mystical traditions. I often wonder what might be possible for someone who has devoted a great deal of their time to inward-directed explorations; maybe it’s possible to journey out of the physical body to explore the universe, maybe it’s possible to gain insight into the underlying structure of physical reality in this manner, and maybe it’s even possible to develop some kind of technology or at least procedural systems to accomplish all kinds of unexpected things that are inconceivable within the edifice of objective physics as we understand it today.

Last edited:
Love your post Thomas. Agree with the vast majority of it. I’m going to start a thread on this topic. I don’t tend to think all of those phenomena are the result of the same conscious beings, though they COULD be. Like you, i feel they can access other realms and abilities which seem magical and alien to us due to our lack of ability, technology, spirituality, understanding or what have you. As much as I wrote, I neglected to mention a very key aspect of Vallees theory. That this sort of phenomenon (UFO) seems to have been occurring all throughout human history but in different forms. Fairies, or the airship sightings of the late 1800s (where the pilots sometimes interacted with people and made absurd statements and requests), dragons etc etc. And in many of these instances, these entities of past were said to sometimes abduct people, cause paralysis, and temporary amnesia.

So his contention (which is quite wise in my opinion) is that these beings have operated trough most human history in order to exert some form of social influence. They create a myth about themselves relative to the society they are operating in. In our case, this happens to be beings from outer space.

All that said, my opinion, maybe we ARE being visited by beings from outer space. That cannot be easily ruled out and it makes sense for a variety of reasons. But it’s full scope explanatory power given what we know is weak IMO. And I don’t think it’s wise for anybody to say they KNOW for sure either way

Last edited:
That’s an interesting comment. My initial reaction was very dubious of this idea because there is no consensus in the academic arena that telepathy is even a real phenomenon.

Telepathy is live and well and it was well understood phenomena since end of WWII.

To be honest that came to great surprise to myself. During WWII radar technicians started complaining about crackling noises they were hearing inside their heads. Matter was taken seriously and for about next 10 years many scientific papers looked into it. The end result were successful experiments where music and words were projected directly into subject's head with microwaves. Unfortunately, early on, it was found that it was causing brain cancer, so research was sopped.

The way experiments worked was, there was brain area around the inner ear, which is responsible for sound processing. Because brain tissue is quite conductive, EM waves can be shaped accordingly to produce mechanical movement in that part of the brain. Actually quite simple.

Later on new techniques were developed that used the same principles, but used ultrasound instead of the microwaves. Actually, some time ago there was a toy on Kickstarter inducing 'telepathy' with ultrasound.

There are quite few very good documentaries on YT and few white papers around.

Most of alien telepathy that contactees and abductees talk about is likely produced with EM or ultrasound.

This type of thing, where abductees/contactees talk about some far fetched technology and than we develop our own technology of the same kind is one of the ways to prove that UFOs exist. Very similar to when contactees make scientific predictions, like Fry and Lazar.

Last edited:
Back