• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

This Forum is For Your Experiences

Anyone can get those results in the right light - unfortunately, you have not discovered anything special, apart from the limitations of your digital camera. The second video is especially difficult to watch because of all the digital zooming and the fact that we have no coyest for what we are seeing.

Not sure if there are other people out there who have had this experience or not but for me, since I've been maybe about 16 or 17 years old, every few years or so I seem to (as crazy as it sounds) repeat a certain part of my life. For a long time , it scared me, especially as a teenager. Now it still scares me, but not as much. I seem to dread it more. The point I return to is normally a few years prior to where I'm at now. And it takes just as long to get back. I'm now 28 and I'm at the point where I'm starting to remember more and more everytime. I think because my body is starting to remember the feeling. I'm not saying I remember every detail, but I think its because I've developed a coping technique to protect myself from whatever has happened, whether its a personal issue, a local issue, global, or universal. If anyone has ANY insight and they're willing to share, please do. Thanks.

Not sure if there are other people out there who have had this experience or not but for me, since I've been maybe about 16 or 17 years old, every few years or so I seem to (as crazy as it sounds) repeat a certain part of my life. For a long time , it scared me, especially as a teenager. Now it still scares me, but not as much. I seem to dread it more. The point I return to is normally a few years prior to where I'm at now. And it takes just as long to get back. I'm now 28 and I'm at the point where I'm starting to remember more and more everytime. I think because my body is starting to remember the feeling. I'm not saying I remember every detail, but I think its because I've developed a coping technique to protect myself from whatever has happened, whether its a personal issue, a local issue, global, or universal. If anyone has ANY insight and they're willing to share, please do. Thanks.

Even for here that is a pretty far out story. I've never heard of this before and is there anything you can do/show to prove any of this? Certainly not accusing you of making anything up but you understand these are pretty huge claims, so a fair amount of skepticism is to be expected.:)

I too lean toward the "deja vu" explanation. From what you say it's more like you have the sense of having gone through that part of your life before rather than e.g. waking up one morning and being back in high school.

On a personal note, I'd almost envy someone who COULD live their life over again. I've made a lot of poor (though not catastrophically bad) choices. Having the chance to relive my life, not remembering every detail but with a sense of when I was doing something dumb (or not doing something I should) would in some ways be a blessing.

Even for here that is a pretty far out story. I've never heard of this before and is there anything you can do/show to prove any of this? Certainly not accusing you of making anything up but you understand these are pretty huge claims, so a fair amount of skepticism is to be expected.:)

I know it does sound pretty outrageous. I don't have any proof, just my own experience and my feelings. For me though, my feelings are of violation. I don't want to go back, I don't like it. I feel as though I'm not in control of my life, as if someone else is in control.
All I'm looking for is just if anyone has any idea or insight to why this is happening.

I know it does sound pretty outrageous. I don't have any proof, just my own experience and my feelings. For me though, my feelings are of violation. I don't want to go back, I don't like it. I feel as though I'm not in control of my life, as if someone else is in control.
All I'm looking for is just if anyone has any idea or insight to why this is happening.

Have you gone to see a neurologist? That would be a good idea. You're probably not literally going back in time - it's probably the same mechanism as a deja vu.

What you wrote seriously gave me goosebumps. If this is something that is occurring, there's a strong possibility that it is neurological, sort of like an extended deja vu.

Yeah, it gives me the goosebumps too. If it is an extended deja vu, I don't want it. I cringe at the fact even if I get the smallest feeling of deja vu.

Have you gone to see a neurologist? That would be a good idea. You're probably not literally going back in time - it's probably the same mechanism as a deja vu.

I have gone to see a neurologist. Only thing I've been told was my body/mind was more hypersensitive. So in a sense, maybe it could be linked.

Either way I do appreciate everyone's input. For me, being able just to talk about it, gives me a sense of relief even if it is only temporary.

Talking about your experiences is risky because of the redicule involved people who have no interest or care in things they cant see are plentiful thats the world we have lived in since the dawn of man cynics will always exist in a human world. Experiences I believe are matter of chance you just have to be in the right place at the right time just because you have never experienced a paranormal event doesnt make you an outsider to have an interest in this subject withount the experience is critical experiences therefore havent clouded your judgement like most people who suffered some time of paranormal event in there lifes:exclamation:the first time i think something occured that was paranormal in my life was when i was three or four me my parents two brother s and sister lived in Shannon co Clare Ireland it is famous for haveing the second largest airport in Ireland it was situated on the outskirts of this town and its a small town probably only 4 thousand people the reason why i now this event happened around this time was because my parents moved to a small village just outside limerick when i was four and half.it is a memory that has been plagueing me since the age of six until the age i am now my memory of this house is vague i cant remember much of the downstairs of this two storey house what i remember in my memories was that there was three bedrooms upstairs which one was the bathroom and my room was straight ahead as you headed up the stairs.what i see in my memories is the room almost clear but little details of the room still remain cloudy since i was very young it is night time but there is still a hint of light comeing through my bedroom door from the top stairs hall light i see my bed which to me looks like a bump bed and the window which is close to my bed and straight ahead as you walk through my bedroom door what i see in my memories is something which i just cant get clear from my consicious and my memories.At the side of my bed all i can see is this very dark space it is almost like a shield covering half the area of the room so i cant see whats there i can see there is a small figure like a person there in that space no matter how much i try to picture and focus all i can see is the outline.in this memory i can see there is colouring by the window in the form of red the outside lighting from the street as i see it in the memory is orange what it is i i dont now it could be my memory playing tricks on me but who nows for definate just cant understand why this memory is.It has remained with me for twenty six years.i have a couple of other paranormal effects through my life but i will discuss them another time :)
The Celtic races (Irish, "Welsh, and Scottish) are the groups which seem to have the most contact with the paranormal. Don't dismiss your experiences. We will not riducule you here.

I frequently have knowing experiences and until recently I didn't take them very seriously and just thought they were coincidences. My mother and I have always had esp experiences and believed in that phenomena. She is a die hard skeptic and yet believes there are things we don't understand.
The house i was raised in was full of paranormal activity. The television going on and off by itself. I recall watching one afternoon and the tv turned off. I turned it on. It went off. I turned it on it went off, I began to get scared, turned it on once more and it stayed on. I also heard footsteps coming down the hall constantly. And I mean constantly. All day. It was just there. At times I'd hear the footsteps come to the bedroom door and I'd wait for someone to come in. Get up and open the door, and no one was there. Freaked me out. I also would feel something banging my bed from underneath. One night my nightstand began shaking. I thought it was an earthquake. Wasn't. Other family members would occasionally speak up about something they'd experience, but it was a taboo subject. My parents were atheists. I hated that house and couldn't bear to be alone in it. These were some early experiences.
I think the most dramatic of my experiences was when I had left home to go to college. I was living in a four unit apartment complex in Costa Mesa in 1979. There was a serial killer in the news. He was climbing through open windows on first floor apartments and killing young women and raping them. Of course I was fearful, but I lived with my boyfriend and the killer wasn't attacking if there was a man living in the house. There were two young women living directly across from our apartment. One afternoon I was home alone studying and a solicitor came to the door. The moment I set eyes on him I knew he was the killer. I knew it! He was very handsome and well dressed. The first thing he asked was "is your husband home." I pretended he was out momentarily and was there anything i could help him with. He politely dismissed himself. Maybe it was just a coincidence considering the gals across from me were single and the perfect targets, but I had this moment of clarity. I had just gotten into my car and was about to pull out to go to school and it hit me, they were next. I'm 51 and that moment is forever burned into my memory. The quality of the air, the light, the detail of the car interior. Approximately a week later it happened. 2am, a knock at the door. My neighbor had come home to find her friend murdered. We called the police. They questioned us. I told them about the solicitor I thought was him. They noted it but didn't think it was him because others hadn't mentioned such a thing. Then over the course of several months the police would show up asking more questions, particularly about the solicitor. They came to think it was him and it's how he canvassed for victims.
A creepy event I don't care to think about.
I had a death dream that came true. My father.
Some time ago I had an experience of knowing a future event that no one else saw coming, not even the person who perpetrated it. A cheating x boyfriend. I really hated being right! I knew exactly how it would play out, and it did. Did I cause it? Was it subtle things I saw that i wasn't aware of consciously?
I live on an island. A couple weeks ago my present boyfriend left for a few days without mentioning it. I knew he was gone within hours. In my heart I felt he was off the island and his mind in a different place. I couldn't feel his presence. I searched.
Just yesterday my mother had an angiogram. I was very worried and nervous, my heart pounding as I waited for her to come out from the procedure. Approximately 40 minutes into it, I felt this calm and knew everything was ok. That she wouldn't need surgery. And it turned out that way.
I just seem to know things and events. I And also people when I meet them. Their motives and intentions with others and the world around them. And if I'm around them for any length of time, I know them better than they know themselves. It's all like seeing pieces of puzzles that fit together. But these things are not consistent and I can't see or feel when I really want to. Do others have these feelings and intuitions? Is this common?
Then, unlike the knowing thing, I saw something odd in my yard. My yard has no fence and 90 acres of woods around it. Around 2:30 in the morning I got up to go to the bathroom which is right off the master bedroom. From there I could see my dog on the bed looking intently and growling at something outside. I have allot of wildlife around, so I figured it was a deer or raccoon. As I got into bed I was casually looking outside at what caught his attention. I couldn't see anything. But oddly I noticed the horizon was very low in the woods. I could see the night sky through the black trees and it was a cloudy, still night. But this horizon thing caught me. I laid down, he continued to growl, and I kept thinking "hmmmm, I don't recall being able to see the horizon that low. So I sat up and looked closer. It was impossible. There's a ravine and woods with thick brush, and a hill of more of the same beyond, so it couldn't be the horizon. It was a light. As though a piece of the sky was on the ground. Dome shaped, the edges somewhat loose and blurry. We sat starring, he growling and me wondering "What the heck?." As I watched it seemed to slightly intensify and shed light on the tree trunks around it. It was weird because I could see the textured detail of the tree trunks, yet shouldn't be able to from that distance. about 30 ft. And the light it gave off varied. The dome shaped piece of sky wasn't bright at all. It was the same value as the sky. I sat and watched for about 5 minutes and then could see it begin to fade and knew it was going out. And it did with a slight and subtle flash. I did a search on light phenomena and found an illustration of what I thought it could be. Just a dome shaped, ethereal looking light. No explanation. That was two and half years ago and I haven't seen it since. I look now and then, but nothing. At times I wish I had had the guts to go outside and approach it. I was too afraid.
I don't know how this ties in with that kind of 'knowing,' but these are a few of my experiences. I'd like to learn to harness any abilities I may have, if any. I'm torn between skepticism and what might be called the paranormal.
If you are telling the truth here - and I am not doubting that - you are a very gifted psychic. You need to find someone to help you develop and use this gift.

This damned chopper hovered over my house for over two hours yesterday...at times directly over. When I started filming it began circling. Then I was woken at 4 a.m. by a paraglider with a propeller strapped to his back directly over my house...it's about 7:30 and I can still hear engines circling, but they are out of sight. I haven't caught it on camera yet, but there is a big owl hanging around. I've been here for nearly five years and have never seen an owl...especially in the middle of the day. There also seems to be an unusual number of flies in my house...I've had the doors and windows closed for two days and have been swatting the little bastards constantly. My dogs are also behaving strangely...chasing and snapping at things that are invisible to me. It is very difficult to not be paranoid.
Did you call the authorities and ask why there are helicopters over your house? I would have. I would be extremely paranoid if I were you. Sorry, that's how I feel. I have had unusual owl experiences, too. Being paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you! I think they are out to get all of us - the government, that is.

So tell us, listeners, what's happened to you personally? Here is where you can post your own stories, and leave it to your fellow members to help you understand what it meant.

Folks, please try to be kind to your fellow listeners. If you have your suspicions or questions, voice them, sure, but don't be offensive, OK?

And remember, this board is for your personal experiences only and your comments to the ones from other listeners. Anything you read about, hear about, or something that comes from a friend or relative should be placed in the appropriate forum for that particular topic.

The staff I will look this board over and, from time to time, invite some of the witnesses onto the show to talk about their experiences.
Keep looking, Gene...we will send the Men In Black after you! Just kidding! Only drones.......

I was advise to post this here instead of in the Welcome thread. This was taken from my Balcony. You'll notice a lot of lights those are lights on a parking structure, but one singular light that is a bright whitish blue, is the object in question. It never really moved, though at times it appeared slightly bigger or smaller it could have been going straight forward or straight back, not sure. We watched it until the battery was nearly dead and then decided to go and see exactly where it was in the sky. We failed as we moved closer to Calabasas we lost sight of it and when we returned home it was gone.

All the lights look out of focus, and I don't know the time/direction, but I have to ask: Venus? Currently it's in the western sky after sunset but sinks below the horizon later in the evening. I hate to suggest it because it's like the generic skeptic answer for every UFO sighting but it was the first thing that came to mind.

Yeah it's not great film at all. I can tell you though it wasn't high in the sky. This was my balcony and I looked out everyday day and saw planes, helicopters stars etc. this was completely anomalous.

Back