• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it ever dawned on you that, by repeating the Republican talking points about Clinton, you are succumbing to political spin rather than considering factual material about a Presidential candidate?

And anyone want to wager that the Scots won't have a second go at independence vote ?

Just for the record, the 2 huge referenda we recently had in the UK, the first one in Scotland only, about independence for Scotland. The second referendum - UK-wide - being about leaving the European Union.

I voted against an independent Scotland, then I voted for leaving the EU. I was surprised both times that my favoured result came in.
I'm not a supporter of the current Scottish First Minister, who said numerous times while campaigning for Independence, that it was a 'once in a generation' chance. Soon after losing, she was already mentioning a second one....part of her campaign - the big part, finances, were all calculated on the then current oil price and projected from that. Now that the price has plummeted, they cannot promise anywhere near the same revenue, so they are biding their time to go for another Independence referendum.

I've been reading this thread about politics, and keeping up with the news about the U.S Presidential Election and a couple of things strike me.

1. I never hear Americans express exasperation with the fact many Presidents and candidates, are closely related to previous Presidents and candidates. These powerful 'political dynasties' don't go with democracy really to me - and neither does a Monarchy. Over here, most Prime Ministers and Cabinet Ministers will have gone to 1 of 2 private schools and usually Oxford University.

I think there should be zero private funding for campaigns - candidates who can show decent support would be given a govt. grant and have to use it wisely. It should not be the case that only the wealthiest and well-connected ever get to even run. That is true over here in London too.

2. If in the upcoming U.S election, your preferred candidate does not win, I wouldn't despair because no President ever takes decisions in a vacuum. Around a President will of course be many sensible people, military and civil service who advise. If Trump gets in, he won't just constantly say silly things or get his way - I think most heads of govt. quickly find out that they don't have anywhere near as much power to wield on their own, that they may have imagined they were going to have.

A lot of those Clinton exposes are poor fiction. That's what 25 years of public exposure gets them. But Bill was no worse than other presidents who cheated. Must be a symptom of something.

Gene I totally get that you are a democrat, or at least far more comfortable with Hillary at No. 1600 as opposed to Trump.
But as I mentioned in an earlier post, the sharing of power amongst a small elite is unbelievable - you have a candidate who's own husband was president not that long ago - Democrat candidate or President, fine, but can't there be new untainted blood? Someone without a big-name political dynasty close in their gene pool....

I am not a Democrat, or a member of any political party.

My concern here is that we have two candidates. One sane, the other a crook, liar, deceiver, who cannot hold a logical conversation for more than a few minutes before it descends into word salad.

That is why even Republican newspapers, such as The Arizona Republic, have come out in favor of Clinton.

It's the best of what's there.

Should there be more alternatives? Absolutely. I'm not enamored of dynasties either, and that includes the Bushes (George H.W. Bush is voting for Clinton). We need a wider circle of candidates to enter the campaign and get to a point where we would credibly want to vote for them.

But 2016 is not that year.

Voting for a third party candidate is not viable either, because all that does is allow one major candidate or the other to win or lose depending on the percentage of votes lost.

. If in the upcoming U.S election, your preferred candidate does not win, I wouldn't despair because no President ever takes decisions in a vacuum. Around a President will of course be many sensible people, military and civil service who advise. If Trump gets in, he won't just constantly say silly things or get his way - I think most heads of govt. quickly find out that they don't have anywhere near as much power to wield on their own, that they may have imagined they were going to have

To be truthful I always considered this .I always thought that whole bit about "do we want this man with his finger on the trigger?"argument was overwrought. There are ( I would hope) a number of fail safe systems in place in case someone, even a high ranking general,went rogue.

My biggest concern about a Trump presidency is that I feel he would give even more merit and iniative to an ugly side of our society. Although in that case the cow probably has already gotten out of the barn, especially in that Donald seems to be setting himself up as the next media giant. Maybe he'd do less damage to our society if he was constrained with the limits of presidential power.

You should also read histories of Hitler, whom they thought could be brought under control by responsible parties in government. Not so.

It may be extreme, but having a loose cannon in the White House, someone supported by racists, while supremacists and other dregs of society doesn't feel encouraging. Besides, most of what Trump promises are based on lies, or impossible promises. The fact checkers say he is the biggest liar by many times over compared to any of his opponents, including Clinton.

I was voting for Gary Johnson but he has shown he is not a true Libertarian.. I really hate trump and hitlery.. SO....

Since we all now know for a fact anthropogenic global warming is a scam...I will vote the the person who understands that vaccines harm people. Big pharma is now thee biggest threat to humanity.

Voting for a third party candidate is not viable either, because all that does is allow one major candidate or the other to win or lose depending on the percentage of votes lost.

And that's the rub isn't it ? In the past when I either voted or considered a third party candidate in local and general elections I was treated somewhat condescendingly "isn't that sweet, how adorable etc." This year some people have looked at me rather scornfully because of my "protest vote". They seemed threatened by my choice because it (and others) represent the tipping point that causes the vote to go toward either Donald or Hillary and I've seen a number of opinions where the pundits say a vote for Johnson takes away from Hillary and others that claim it would take away from Donald.

And it's those people that are so emotionally wrapped up in it that cause me concern.

@Gene Steinberg & all here whom I most sincerely do in fact respect greatly. Discussing passion inducing political stuff is dangerous amongst friends with many common interests that are well apart from the sickening mess that is politics. Let alone rare special friends that have a deep level of interest in the extremely esoteric subject that is the paranormal. So I'll keep my comments as brief and specific as possible.

To KNOW beyond question that Hillaryous, who is anything but a qualified leader, is an insufferable matriarchal bitch doesn't require one getting anywhere near a washing machine, or the media's saturation level spin cycling. Go back as far as you possibly can into that treacherous woman's past personal history and you will find a conniving, ruthless, absolutely demeaning, and I do mean literally MEAN, human being. Always to be constantly found smack dab in the center of all her self forwarding, serving, and highly manipulative activities. She has a very real and easily verifiable reputation that precedes her by a distance of near interstellar proportions. My job for the last 30 years has seen me interface daily with a large cross section of the public. While providing key or essential integral repair services to these people, I have spoken directly with several people over the last 25 years that have worked directly beside and with the Clintons. One individual was an air force one mechanical flight crew personnel, and another was a local county level Democrat politician who's still a great frequent customer. A truly good guy. Bill and Hillary are RARELY ever together in real life, and literally despise and basically HATE one another, as they go about their professional self aggrandizing agendas. Hillary is absolutely known as being one of the most self elevated and intolerant human beings on the planet. In reality she is a champion of NO cause but her own, and is thoroughly FEARED by anyone by whom she is assisted including the secret service personnel that accompany her. This political media machine's media foisted champion of children and civil rights is an absolutely deplorable crown of horseshit and that's a simple fact. She is a fraud like any and ALL professional politicians (on both party sides) that have the ravenously desperate and greed starved weight of the political machine behind them.

The reason why I honestly believe Trump will in fact win this election hands down, is straight down the middle, a matter of sheer common sense with respect to human behavior. Ultimately, due mostly to the human animal's pack oriented instincts of survival, at the end of the day birds of a common feather do in fact tend to flock together. The vast majority of people in this country work very hard for a living, and rely very little on the government to get by and make ends meet. This being at ALL levels (30,000.00 - 500,000.00 annual incomes) and this vast majority are NOT members of some minority special interest group that the democrats have in FACT motivated and leveraged their seesawing presidential candidates into office with now for the last 60 years post Kennedy. This is simple history people and it's all right there in the public historic records should you @Gene Steinberg decide to have a look see. It's simply a politically proven effective modus operandi at this point and there can be no denying as much. This majority of voters who do in FACT comprise an extremely large voting populous on both sides of the bi-partisan political fence, are utterly and completely pissed off beyond any and all reason at this point. Who wouldn't be? We are basically enslaved within tax payer servitude at this point, supporting programs and agendas that do nothing but see our cost of living skyrocket and our earnings diminish. So many are so pissed off with matters governmental that the only thing they see at this point is RED. What color of feathers are adorning the bird that is soon to be your political heinous highness the ignoramus? He's RED HOT pissed off from top to bottom people, and he's sure as hell beyond any and all reason. Guess why so many people are feeling so closely aligned with a pissed off near madman? What happens when a huge group of animals are pushed into a corner and forced to react like an angry mob? First they realize the utter despair of having perceived their very own helpless little innocent girl liberty as being offed at the hand of some cruel and grotesque political system of a monster. Then they impulsively reach for their pitch forks and torches as they chase that old ugly monster with the greatest of fear induced mass hysteria motivating their little enraged hearts, right into the nearest windmill. The same political Frankenstein machine that's been playing both sides against the middle for as long as they can remember. An oligarchic monster assembled from the greed drowned dead corpses of an elitist's ring led hand me down crown of political entitlement. Things in the USA are simply beyond pathetic at this point thanks to ONE word. Politician. The media keeps spewing and projecting it's false imagery of a utopia that's nowhere to be found and that just has people somewhere between more pissed off than ever, and total zombie level desperately despondent. How the bleep could anyone expect the highly materialistic and intelligent apes that the mob consists of to react differently? You can only carry on such a greed motivated political charade for so long.

You see, there's only one media projected presidential candidate with enough upside down beyond all reason hysterical rage at this point to satisfy this political blood thirsted mass of the near psychotically deranged proportions. Don't blame them. They're only reacting like any group of threatened intelligent animals would when facing tyrannically imposed extinction. Besides, they're really just bent on raising the corpse of precious little liberty from the dead, and they are ALL voting for the pissed off mad Doctor Donald Trumpenstein to get the job done for them. Cake, really.

Last edited:
Fact-free hate speech about the politician you don't like. There's no real way to respond to lines and lines of unproven claims, and repeating old opposition research that is largely misleading or false.

@Gene Steinberg & all here whom I most sincerely do in fact respect greatly. Discussing passion inducing political stuff is dangerous amongst friends with many common interests that are well apart from the sickening mess that is politics. Let alone rare special friends that have a deep level of interest in the extremely esoteric subject that is the paranormal. So I'll keep my comments as brief and specific as possible.

To KNOW beyond question that Hillaryous, who is anything but a qualified leader, is an insufferable matriarchal bitch doesn't require one getting anywhere near a washing machine, or the media's saturation level spin cycling. Go back as far as you possibly can into that treacherous woman's past personal history and you will find a conniving, ruthless, absolutely demeaning, and I do mean literally MEAN, human being. Always to be constantly found smack dab in the center of all her self forwarding, serving, and highly manipulative activities. She has a very real and easily verifiable reputation that precedes her by a distance of near interstellar proportions. My job for the last 30 years has seen me interface daily with a large cross section of the public. While providing key or essential integral repair services to these people, I have spoken directly with several people over the last 25 years that have worked directly beside and with the Clintons. One individual was an air force one mechanical flight crew personnel, and another was a local county level Democrat politician who's still a great frequent customer. A truly good guy. Bill and Hillary are RARELY ever together in real life, and literally despise and basically HATE one another, as they go about their professional self aggrandizing agendas. Hillary is absolutely known as being one of the most self elevated and intolerant human beings on the planet. In reality she is a champion of NO cause but her own, and is thoroughly FEARED by anyone by whom she is assisted including the secret service personnel that accompany her. This political media machine's media foisted champion of children and civil rights is an absolutely deplorable crown of horseshit and that's a simple fact. She is a fraud like any and ALL professional politicians (on both party sides) that have the ravenously desperate and greed starved weight of the political machine behind them.

The reason why I honestly believe Trump will in fact win this election hands down, is straight down the middle, a matter of sheer common sense with respect to human behavior. Ultimately, due mostly to the human animal's pack oriented instincts of survival, at the end of the day birds of a common feather do in fact tend to flock together. The vast majority of people in this country work very hard for a living, and rely very little on the government to get by and make ends meet. This being at ALL levels (30,000.00 - 500,000.00 annual incomes) and this vast majority are NOT members of some minority special interest group that the democrats have in FACT motivated and leveraged their seesawing presidential candidates into office with now for the last 60 years post Kennedy. This is simple history people and it's all right there in the public historic records should you @Gene Steinberg decide to have a look see. It's simply a politically proven effective modus operandi at this point and there can be no denying as much. This majority of voters who do in FACT comprise an extremely large voting populous on both sides of the bi-partisan political fence, are utterly and completely pissed off beyond any and all reason at this point. Who wouldn't be? We are basically enslaved within tax payer servitude at this point, supporting programs and agendas that do nothing but see our cost of living skyrocket and our earnings diminish. So many are so pissed off with matters governmental that the only thing they see at this point is RED. What color of feathers are adorning the bird that is soon to be your political heinous highness the ignoramus? He's RED HOT pissed off from top to bottom people, and he's sure as hell beyond any and all reason. Guess why so many people are feeling so closely aligned with a pissed off near madman? What happens when a huge group of animals are pushed into a corner and forced to react like an angry mob? First they realize the utter despair of having perceived their very own helpless little innocent girl liberty as being offed at the hand of some cruel and grotesque political system of a monster. Then they impulsively reach for their pitch forks and torches as they chase that old ugly monster with the greatest of fear induced mass hysteria motivating their little enraged hearts, right into the nearest windmill. The same political Frankenstein machine that's been playing both sides against the middle for as long as they can remember. An oligarchic monster assembled from the greed drowned dead corpses of an elitist's ring led hand me down crown of political entitlement. Things in the USA are simply beyond pathetic at this point thanks to ONE word. Politician. The media keeps spewing and projecting it's false imagery of a utopia that's nowhere to be found and that just has people somewhere between more pissed off than ever, and total zombie level desperately despondent. How the bleep could anyone expect the highly materialistic and intelligent apes that the mob consists of to react differently? You can only carry on such a greed motivated political charade for so long.

You see, there's only one media projected presidential candidate with enough upside down beyond all reason hysterical rage at this point to satisfy this political blood thirsted mass of the near psychotically deranged proportions. Don't blame them. They're only reacting like any group of threatened intelligent animals would when facing tyrannically imposed extinction. Besides, they're really just bent on raising the corpse of precious little liberty from the dead, and they are ALL voting for the pissed off mad Doctor Donald Trumpenstein to get the job done for them. Cake, really.

Well stated, please don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel. You are among friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.) Fact-free hate speech about the politician you don't like. 2.) There's no real way to respond to lines and lines of unproven claims, and 3.) repeating old opposition research that is largely misleading or false.

Gene, YOU have to PLEASE understand this is NOT personal. I consider you a living legend. A person who is alive and well today, and a person that has been there and done that with respect to the paranormal. I know that can sound like smoke or sunshine being blown up someone's keister, but it's truly how I feel about you. You have such a wonderful and dignified interviewing style. Your voice is so pleasant, and honestly, you are talent rich beyond your knowing.

HOWEVER, :) I honestly think you are very confused with respect to your incredibly real and sad personal situation and the manner it reflects on your political views. Don't get me wrong, to me in my world of paranormal considerations, you are tops, king, and very much someone that I believe deserves much better than what fate has afforded you thus far. But man are you off with respect to politics and what the united states was built on.

1.) You almost got it right Gene. It's free facts about a politician that I don't like. I honestly wouldn't waste my time "hating" her however. *She* is the punishment she and the rest of the professional political machine deserves.

2.) I made no claims apart from the fact that IMO Trump will win hands down. I did report what I have been told directly by people I trust, but that is NOT a personal claim. You may argue with the allegory, but you cannot argue with my opinion as it bears out the same precise value as your own.

3.) Prove me wrong then if it's misleading or false. Just stating as much means nothing. It's absolute and undeniable FACT Gene. You are also wrong about this information concerning the democratic party being sourced from "opposition research". Please dispute one single fact (not editorial) as put forth in either of these two documentaries. I really don't believe you or anyone else can because all of it is simply the truth. :eek:

There is an old saying that goes something like this: There are only two mistakes one can make along the road that leads to the truth. Not going all the way, and not starting to begin with. Don't be a victim of denial, summon your courage my friend and go all the way. In every second we take breath, we all have so much to be grateful for. Live in the joyous infinity of now, rather than within the termination of fearful tomorrows.

Alas, these Hillary exposes have largely been shown to be of questionable accuracy.

Let's leave it there.

Honestly, I wish there were other choices, other than a policy wonk without the best screen presence and a lying lunatic, but that's how it is.

Hillaryeous. Love it. Jeff is spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's unfortunate that the vision of Hillary is usually the Republican cartoon version rather than the real one that you probably know little or nothing about. You might have seen her at this week's debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back