• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your address? We'll all chip in and send you a case of Kleenex & the toll free # for the whambulance.

I'm not a chip guy... more a Chicago Mix type cuz Obama is from Chicago. You have a Costco nearby ?

imageService

It's fake food but its entertaining :) .... I like to dip them fine crispy popcorns in impeachment sauce LMAO

He's doing a bigly job of becoming the most hated man on the planet... in record time too. My 2 words to describe that creature: Hilariously horrifying.

Hooters is probably where he should take his indecent tweeting ass.

donald-trump-hooters-Main.png

Last edited:
I'm not a chip guy... more a Chicago Mix type cuz Obama is from Chicago. You have a Costco nearby ?

imageService

It's fake food but its entertaining :) .... I like to dip them fine crispy popcorns in impeachment sauce LMAO

He's doing a bigly job of becoming the most hated man on the planet... in record time too. My 2 words to describe that creature: Hilariously horrifying.

Hooters is probably where he should take his indecent tweeting ass.

donald-trump-hooters-Main.png
Lol. "Indecent tweeting" vs. keeping a secret email server in a bathroom and stealthily destroying 30,000+ emails & lying dozens & dozens of times on the record during the hearings? Hmmmm.....yes! Definitely be outraged by some tweets - but not all the crimes crooked Hilary has committed.

Lol. "Indecent tweeting" vs. keeping a secret email server in a bathroom and stealthily destroying 30,000+ emails & lying dozens & dozens of times on the record during the hearings? Hmmmm.....yes! Definitely be outraged by some tweets - but not all the crimes crooked Hilary has committed.
This is all stuff and nonsense. There is no evidence Hillary Clinton lied during the Congressional hearings (if she had, she'd have been arrested by now), or to the FBI, or that she is crooked. Or any more crooked than a politician whose been in public life for decades.

Stop with the fake news please! Your claims have been disproven over and over again.

Now that you're done with the fake news of the day lol... here's some real news:

• Paul Manafort: House arrest. GPS monitoring. Cooperating with Mueller investigation.
  • Rick Gates: House arrest. GPS monitoring. Cooperating with Mueller investigation.
  • Mike Flynn (former Trump national security advisor): Pleads guilty to lying and now cooperating with Mueller investigation.
  • Jared Kushner (Trump son in law and designated gopher): Under investigation. Used Flynn to open channels with Russia. Conflicts of interest, Russian real-estate.
  • Trumpy Jr. : Tries to get dirt on Hillary via Putin rep.
.... etc...
trump-associates-russia-election-1512153453334-articleLarge-v5.jpg

Squeeze a snack and bring out the beer. Trump is next to face Mueller, the fury of millions of women and disappointed voters who bought his toxic snake oil.

zkspo.jpg

Oooops ! sorry guys..

Last edited:
CNN top story: white house blame game over Moore loss.
Fox news top story: Muller bias clear Trump should act NOW!
So we have two news sources. One not mentions the Moore loss. Bolth show bias. Any place I can get unbiased news?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

This is totally true - American news is too polarized - which leads to people thinking that Hilary Clinton is a criminal while at the same time supporting an actual criminal.
I’m not convinced critical thinking or objectivity exists in America’s fifth estate any longer.

I would recommend perhaps to follow BBC’s or CBC’s model whereby a public funded institution be allowed, but is divorced from the state itself.

American ‘news’ is really entertainment now. There’s a reason reality tv is so popular

Edit: I forgot NPR but maybe that makes my point for me.

Last edited:
I agree with you in part. But I do think that the American news media mostly tries to do the right thing. The Washington Post and the NY Times have done extraordinary work. The best is the nightly news shows on the traditional broadcast networks. But with 23 minutes plus commercials, there's not much time to flesh out stories.

The cable news outlets are constrained by having to be on 24/7, and running several hours with commentators not newspeople. But they have a core set of reporters who also try to do the right thing. Indeed Shepard Smith at Fox News is a lone wolf over there. He is usually down the middle in his coverage, and often debunks fake Fox News memes.

This is totally true - American news is too polarized - which leads to people thinking that Hilary Clinton is a criminal while at the same time supporting an actual criminal.

Trump and Bannon didn't happen overnight. You could probably do a doctoral thesis on the phenomenon and like you said American news is extremely polarized. You have to view 'Merica from the outside to get the big picture lol.

It's actually bigly interesting and finds its roots in the exploitation of a cultural/value divide between rural and urban zones in the US (any Dem vs GOP election map highlights this regardless of US State).
Not being on the same page on social issues/values depending on where you live is a nasty bigly problem. Ted Cruz and his 'city values' comment is telling ;) [true... you have better access to higher education in urban zones... and the local priest doesn't knock on your door lol]

Fascinating part is that a 'semi-sophisticated' narcissistic crook like Trump and his accomplice Bannon were able to calculate and sneak by using the electoral college (with the help of sophisticated Russian propaganda hacks).
Their sole goal was destroying the foundations of american democracy and its institutions (the Bannon plan) which were barriers to profitable dictatorship and Putin-like wealth. In the end, the MAGA illusion was all about destroying a fabricated corrupt establishment along with the financial safeguards that would prevent another 2008 crisis just to fill the pockets of the top 1%.

Joseph Ellis: GOP is trying to undo over 100 years of history (opinion) - CNN
The Republican tax plan is still in the process of becoming law, but already several enduring features of the new American landscape it creates are clear for all to see.
It redistributes income upward from the middle class to the donor class at the top, thereby increasing economic inequality. It is as if the captain of the Titanic, upon setting sail, ordered the crew to take on ice.

Last edited:
It all started with Fox News. They have largely taken over the Republican Party talking points, and pushed their crazy people to become candidates.

It all started with Fox News. They have largely taken over the Republican Party talking points, and pushed their crazy people to become candidates.

Gotta admit FOX has a big role in shaping vulnerable rural populations into fearful MAGA zombies.
Leaving your critical thinking at the mercy of an alt-right propaganda machine is the core mistake made back in the 1930's :confused:

Not to forget the influence of radical right radio throughout the 90s and the publications seeded by right-wing 'think tanks' operating in the background for longer than that. There has indeed been a well-organized "right wing conspiracy" in operation since the Clinton administration whose intention was to suppress liberal and progressive sociopolitics that began to evolve during the 1960s. The primary means used by the radical right was to seed suspicion and enflame deep resentment in as much of the populace as would listen to its extreme rhetoric and propaganda, the ultimate goal of which was to divide the populace into radically divided camps. That way our understanding of our shared human goals and interests in building a political economy that would be viable for everyone would be buried, and large sectors of the populace would simultaneously be turned away from recognizing the increasing top-down, corporate take-over of our country's institutions, values, and laws. America became ripe for authoritarian leadership. The election of someone like Trump became inevitable.

Fox, Bannon, Trump, all of it are only symptoms. Your country has segmentation faulted and needs a reboot.

Your education system is broken. Not damaged, broken.

Fix that. Get critical thinking, science, math, etc back in the schools. Get the creation nonsense the hell out. Stop teaching American history and start teaching world history like everybody else.

Fix your health care system. Stop having people living in terror over being able to afford health care. Just stop it. The math on health care doesn't work unless it's socialized.

Fix your insane military funding. It's a black hole of waste used to prop up your economy, broken education system, and broken health care system. It actually does none of those things. What it actually does is keeps your nation effectively in indentured servitude.

Fix those three things and by the time those kids come out of the education system, they will demand that crap like this never happen again.

And then everybody that thought voting Trump in was a good thing should be sent off to the naughty corner and never allowed such awesome authority without accountability ever again.

Gotta admit FOX has a big role in shaping vulnerable rural populations into fearful MAGA zombies.
Leaving your critical thinking at the mercy of an alt-right propaganda machine is the core mistake made back in the 1930's :confused:

I think that's true, @Ezechial. The earliest seeds of rightwing, capitalist/corporatist ideology were sown in the 1930s in the struggles of and suppression of labor.

Fox, Bannon, Trump, all of it are only symptoms. Your country has segmentation faulted and needs a reboot.

Your education system is broken. Not damaged, broken.

Fix that. Get critical thinking, science, math, etc back in the schools. Get the creation nonsense the hell out. Stop teaching American history and start teaching world history like everybody else.

Fix your health care system. Stop having people living in terror over being able to afford health care. Just stop it. The math on health care doesn't work unless it's socialized.

Fix your insane military funding. It's a black hole of waste used to prop up your economy, broken education system, and broken health care system. It actually does none of those things. What it actually does is keeps your nation effectively in indentured servitude.

Fix those three things and by the time those kids come out of the education system, they will demand that crap like this never happen again.

And then everybody that thought voting Trump in was a good thing should be sent off to the naughty corner and never allowed such awesome authority without accountability ever again.

Marduk, we need more than science and math education in this country and in any country. You perpetually base your thinking in objectivist/materialist/physicalist presuppositions adopted in the hard sciences that are inadequate to deal with human, interpersonal, social realities and problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back