• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marduk, we need more than science and math education in this country and in any country. You perpetually base your thinking in objectivist/materialist/physicalist presuppositions adopted in the hard sciences that are inadequate to deal with human, interpersonal, social realities and problems.

I struggle to see how that arguement is rational.

I'm not surprised. I think more reading in the C&P thread and our numerous linked sources there might help to remedy that.
Ok so I’m wrong, but you won’t demonstrate your logic or provide an arguement for your reasoning. Instead, I should go do some reading so I can understand how you’re actually right. Or something.

Check.

Hope your country works out.

Marduk, we need more than science and math education in this country and in any country. You perpetually base your thinking in objectivist/materialist/physicalist presuppositions adopted in the hard sciences that are inadequate to deal with human, interpersonal, social realities and problems.

'Educamentation' is the solution... yes the secular type.

Replacing a religion-based foundation with a secular one to resolve social/value issues can be a long term effort... sometimes impossible in middle-eastern countries.
Some parts of the evangelical bible-belt US are close to ultra-conservative middle-eastern countries... there's a bit of catching up needed there (sarcasm). It's always a good idea to raise the education level before you start talking about taking their guns away ;)

Best way to spread secularity evenly in peanut butter fashion is to uniformize 'educamentation' and remove creative ideas like 'intelligent design' that covertly push religious agendas in schools.

Unfortunately, a horrific choice like that Betsy DeVos in charge of 'educamentation' is probably the fastest way back to the dark ages LOL.

GW Bush was askin the right question:
The top 25 Bushisms of all time.
"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"—Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

My question is: "What the frig are they learning" LMAO

Now that you're done with the fake news of the day lol... here's some real news:

• Paul Manafort: House arrest. GPS monitoring. Cooperating with Mueller investigation.
  • Rick Gates: House arrest. GPS monitoring. Cooperating with Mueller investigation.
  • Mike Flynn (former Trump national security advisor): Pleads guilty to lying and now cooperating with Mueller investigation.
  • Jared Kushner (Trump son in law and designated gopher): Under investigation. Used Flynn to open channels with Russia. Conflicts of interest, Russian real-estate.
  • Trumpy Jr. : Tries to get dirt on Hillary via Putin rep.
.... etc...
trump-associates-russia-election-1512153453334-articleLarge-v5.jpg

Squeeze a snack and bring out the beer. Trump is next to face Mueller, the fury of millions of women and disappointed voters who bought his toxic snake oil.

zkspo.jpg

Oooops ! sorry guys..
Thank you! 20+ of us read your post in the conference room. All 20+ were laughing at your libtard way of thinking. But keep it up! It just helps him get reelected. Then the real comedy starts up again - watching all the snowflakes get their panties in a twist over it :)

Hillary , is just one of many of those high fliers who's money is no problem and all politicians across spectrum during and after campaigning for office . Look at the nutter who's sent the parcel bomb to former US President Obama crazy stuff no matter what side of politics . She is a terrorist.
She is a terrorist.
I concur & apparently about half of the country does as well (regarding crooked Hillary).

It's definitely the red (Russia) pill :D

Russia-backed Facebook posts 'reached 126m Americans' during US election

Russia-backed content reached as many as 126 million Americans on Facebookduring and after the 2016 presidential election, according to the company’s prepared testimony submitted to the Senate judiciary committee before hearings this week.
Facebook believes 120 fake Russian-backed pages created 80,000 posts that were received by 29 million Americans directly, but reached a much bigger audience by users sharing, liking and following the posts.
The social network plans to disclose these numbers to the Senate judiciary committee on Tuesday, according to someone familiar with the testimony.

Creepy's been spending too much time on facebook... or he's actually creating the actual crap LOL

With a fan base of 20+ in a conf. room... I suspect Creepy is Russian ;)
Putin's 'chef,' the man behind the troll factory - CNNPolitics

A troll factory called the department of provocations in St-Petersburg Russia LMAO

Last edited:
Ok so I’m wrong, but you won’t demonstrate your logic or provide an arguement for your reasoning. Instead, I should go do some reading so I can understand how you’re actually right. Or something.

Check.

Hope your country works out.

This is the politics thread so not an appropriate place to divert into a discussion of developing philosophical and interdisciplinary scientific thinking regarding human nature and the nature of 'reality', but this paper by Michel Bitbol might draw you into the critical research project embodied in Consciousness Studies, in which physics and mathematics provide no useful insights.

http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/4007/1/ConsciousnessPrimaryArt2.pdf

We're currently discussing that paper and a number of related papers in the C&P thread, part 10, so if you want to argue about Bitbol et al it's best to take it up there.

This is the politics thread so not an appropriate place to divert into a discussion of developing philosophical and interdisciplinary scientific thinking regarding human nature and the nature of 'reality', but this paper by Michel Bitbol might draw you into the critical research project embodied in Consciousness Studies, in which physics and mathematics provide no useful insights.

http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/4007/1/ConsciousnessPrimaryArt2.pdf

We're currently discussing that paper and a number of related papers in the C&P thread, part 10, so if you want to argue about Bitbol et al it's best to take it up there.
Category mistake.
Category mistake - Wikipedia

Both your argument and the paper linked.

There are Americans that realize this is not a partisan issue, right?

Trump is accused of multiple sexual assaults and members of his team have been charged in an ongoing investigation.

And that’s just the stuff we know about.

How can people think this is a partisan issue?
It's called 'the dumbing down of America.' People are stupid.

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/7jrn3z/report_cia_captured_putins_specific_instructions/

Holding impromptu interventions in Trump’s 26th-floor corner office at Trump Tower, advisers — including Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and designated chief of staff, Reince Priebus — prodded the president-elect to accept the findings that the nation’s spy chiefs had personally presented to him on Jan. 6.

They sought to convince Trump that he could affirm the validity of the intelligence without diminishing his electoral win, according to three officials involved in the sessions. More important, they said that doing so was the only way to put the matter behind him politically and free him to pursue his goal of closer ties with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“This was part of the normalization process,” one participant said. “There was a big effort to get him to be a standard president.”

But as aides persisted, Trump became agitated. He railed that the intelligence couldn’t be trusted and scoffed at the suggestion that his candidacy had been propelled by forces other than his own strategy, message and charisma.

More: Facing a Russian Cyber Attack, Obama Officials Struggled To Respond

Category mistake.
Category mistake - Wikipedia

Both your argument and the paper linked.

A 'category mistake' only for categorically positivist thinkers. Yours is among the most closed minds I've encountered in a long life, 'thinking' only from fixed and rigid presuppositions that are in fact dogmatic and doctrinaire (and, even in science, distinctly 'old school'). If your dismissal of whole disciplines of human thought and research, and even of the progress made in inter-disciplinary consciousness studies, were not so offensive, it would be comic.

But have a nice day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back