• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost 4 billion dollars have been paid out by the national vaccine injury compensation program so far for so called safe vaccines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaccines are safe. The climate change we are currently experience is beyond the normal expected change and we have clearly caused it. These are facts, but again, due to the backfire effect it's unfortunately pointless to keep going back and forth.

You are full of BS. My god you seem to be possibly one of the smartest ones on the forum too.
Here is a simple explanation for you.

You are full of BS. My god you seem to be possibly one of the smartest ones on the forum too.
Here is a simple explanation for you.

How is the video you provided not political? It's from an organization created by a conservative talk show host, with other "great vids" asking if White Privilege exists.

C'mon Pixel, you're a smart guy - I wonder why you can't see the facts about this for what they are. The fact of the matter is, I don't think we're going to get anywhere with this debate, mainly because of the previously mentioned backfire effect - I mention that a lot but it's a real issue with stuff like this.

My mom along with several thousands of others took me to a measles party where I got measles and life long immunity. If you bothered to do an unbiased research you will find many measles out breaks are affecting those already vaccinated. You will also find that recently vaccinated people are spreading measles because of shedding of the virus.
If you have not recently had a measles shot you are considered unvaccinated. I bet you are not up to the full schedule yourself. Please don't. Vaccines are not tested for safety and for that reason are considered "unavoidably unsafe" by the Supreme Court of the USA.
If you are injured or a child killed by a vaccine you cannot sue a vaccine maker, Doctor or hospital for damages.

You are misunderstanding what the term unavoidably unsafe means. A lot of medicine falls into this category.
The reason people who are vaccinated are getting measles is because misguided individuals are choosing not to vaccinate children, thus compromising the herd immunity that humans have through proper vaccinations.

I proudly vaccinate my children and I'm happy I live somewhere that makes sure children are vaccinated if they go to school.

You are misunderstanding what the term unavoidably unsafe means. A lot of medicine falls into this category.
The reason people who are vaccinated are getting measles is because misguided individuals are choosing not to vaccinate children, thus compromising the herd immunity that humans have through proper vaccinations.

I proudly vaccinate my children and I'm happy I live somewhere that makes sure children are vaccinated if they go to school.

If they were safe nearly 4 billion would not have been paid to victims.
Only fools vaccinate.
You will now have to vaccinate your child every few years for life.
One time getting an uncomfortable rash and they are immune for life.
Are you and gene both up to date on all the vaccines? I bet money you aren't.
If not then you are considered unvaccinated.

Only fools vaccinate.
The measles vaccine alone has saved over 17 million lives.

Only fools don't vaccinate.

If it were up to me, vaccinations for life threatening diseases would be compulsory. Refusal would mean expulsion from the general population.

But, perhaps that's something you would actually enjoy?

Only fools vaccinate.

Have a look at this: Procedure - The Québec Immunisation Program - Assistance Measures and Programs - Portail santé mieux-être

That's Quebec's immunization program.

Also, check out the complications from measles:
  • Ear infection (5 to 9% of cases)
  • Pneumonia (1 to 5% of cases)
  • Convulsions (the body stiffens and muscles contract in a jerky and involuntary manner)
  • Permanent brain damage (1 in 1,000)
  • Death (1 in 3,000)
Look at those last two points. For a lot of people, it's not just an uncomfortable rash.

The measles vaccine alone has saved over 17 million lives.

Only fools don't vaccinate.

If it were up to me, vaccinations for life threatening diseases would be compulsory. Refusal would mean expulsion from the general population.

But, perhaps that's something you would actually enjoy?

Second dumbest thing ever posted. Congrats.
Do a bit of research.

Have a look at this: Procedure - The Québec Immunisation Program - Assistance Measures and Programs - Portail santé mieux-être

That's Quebec's immunization program.

Also, check out the complications from measles:
  • Ear infection (5 to 9% of cases)
  • Pneumonia (1 to 5% of cases)
  • Convulsions (the body stiffens and muscles contract in a jerky and involuntary manner)
  • Permanent brain damage (1 in 1,000)
  • Death (1 in 3,000)
Look at those last two points. For a lot of people, it's not just an uncomfortable rash.

Why not now check out complications from vaccines and get back to me.

Did Quebec have a measles out break in 1989?

Uh, I don't know. Pick one. Polio?

Its an excellent example

Small localized paralytic polio epidemics began to appear in Europe and the United States around 1900.[131] Outbreaks reached pandemic proportions in Europe, North America, Australia, and New Zealand during the first half of the 20th century. By 1950 the peak age incidence of paralytic poliomyelitis in the United States had shifted from infants to children aged five to nine years, when the risk of paralysis is greater; about one-third of the cases were reported in persons over 15 years of age.[132] Accordingly, the rate of paralysis and death due to polio infection also increased during this time.[131] In the United States, the 1952 polio epidemic became the worst outbreak in the nation's history. Of nearly 58,000 cases reported that year 3,145 died and 21,269 were left with mild to disabling paralysis.

The polio epidemics not only altered the lives of those who survived them, but also brought profound cultural changes, spurring grassroots fund-raising campaigns that would revolutionize medical philanthropy, and giving rise to the modern field of rehabilitation therapy. As one of the largest disabled groups in the world, polio survivors also helped to advance the modern disability rights movement through campaigns for the social and civil rights of the disabled. The World Health Organization estimates that there are 10 to 20 million polio survivors worldwide.[136] In 1977 there were 254,000 persons living in the United States who had been paralyzed by polio.[137] According to doctors and local polio support groups, some 40,000 polio survivors with varying degrees of paralysis live in Germany, 30,000 in Japan, 24,000 in France, 16,000 in Australia, 12,000 in Canada and 12,000 in the United Kingdom.

World Polio Day (24 October) was established by Rotary International to commemorate the birth of Jonas Salk, who led the first team to develop a vaccine against poliomyelitis. Use of this inactivated poliovirus vaccine and subsequent widespread use of the oral poliovirus vaccine developed by Albert Sabin led to establishment of the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) in 1988. Since then, GPEI has reduced polio worldwide by 99 percent

Ninety nine percent........

The needs of the many are well served by the adverse reactions of the tiny tiny few.

the herd immunity that humans have through proper vaccinations.

And indeed its that factor that allows the anti vaxers to smugly indulge in their fantasy's.
Were they living in an age of epidemic, they would be begging for a vaccine.

Its a bit like watching a kid taunt a dog behind a secure fence, if it were not for the fence he wouldn't do it. He'd have to wear the consequences of his stupidity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think of the children who have perished at the hands of their parents because of religious beliefs in not allowing for medical intervention.

Polio was on a sharp decline well before the vaccine was introduced. Better sanitation was one of the reasons. Then banning DDT slowed the spread further. Then the vaccine actually caused more polio outbreaks. Later versions were found to cause cancer and were pulled from the market. Then later more versions were found to be spreading polio.
Please educate yourselves with non biased sources.

Think of the children who have perished at the hands of their parents because of religious beliefs in not allowing for medical intervention.

There are far far more deaths and injuries from you folks who inject known toxins, heavy metals and live viruses into your kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back