• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Website

Free episodes:

I will ask at the Goodman center tommorrow on what a police resonse would be to a report of an "alien" abduction.

Why would anyone think they were abducted by "aliens" Rikki?

What does an alien look like? How do they act? What do they do?

Where would you or where do you get the answers to those questions from?

Why don't you ask them what a police response to a home invasion and assault by unknown assailants would be? That is the real question.

After reading some of the critiques on this case I have to wonder why Linda didn't go to the police when she was kidnapped by regular, plain ole humans Dan and Richard. She was abducted by them twice, I think, and filed no police reports whatsoever. At least one of the kidnappings was at gunpoint. Now you can talk about the reasons for not reporting alien abductions until the cows come home, but why in the world wouldn't she report being kidnapped at gunpoint by humans? I find this very strange.

The circumstances of why Richard and Dan were coming after Linda involved the November 30, 1989 UFO abduction
incident. Telling the police about Richard and Dan would involve telling the police this. Leaving that part of the account
out would arouse police suspicion, as would prevaricating an account that didn't involve alien abduction. It's all or nothing.
There is no getting around it.

Thanks

Sean

Sorry, that makes absolutely no sense at all. Why would she have to tell the police anything about that? It's enough to say "two men kidnapped me at gunpoint, I don't know why, I'm scared, etc etc" No need to talk about aliens at all. Crimes with no known motive happen all the time, it wouldn't arouse police suspicion in the least.

Not to mention she wouldn't have had to even mention that she knew who they were, a simple description of them and their vehicle would have sufficed. No need to mention anything about any prior meetings or alien abductions.

The circumstances of why Richard and Dan were coming after Linda involved the November 30, 1989 UFO abduction incident. Telling the police about Richard and Dan would involve telling the police this. Leaving that part of the account out would arouse police suspicion, as would prevaricating an account that didn't involve alien abduction. It's all or nothing. There is no getting around it.

That makes no sense whatsoever Sean.

There is no getting around the fact that it is incredibly hard to take anyone seriously who refuses to report crimes they claim are being committed against them. People who make these claims while making excuses as to why they simply can't report them because they are so unbelievable, shouldn't be surprised or offended that folks would be critical of those claims.

This presupposes that the police wouldn't ask Linda any questions about what she was
reporting, at all. Which is simply not the way they do things.

Of course they ask questions, the thing is, when people say "I don't know" they generally take them at their word and even if they didn't, who was there to call her a liar? Kidnappings by random strangers with no known motive happen all the time. It's nonsense to think that she would've had to admit any prior knowledge of Dan or Richard to file a police report, that simply isn't true. And if she doesn't have to admit prior knowledge of Dan or Richard she doesn't have to mention anything about aliens. It's that simple.

Personally, and mind you this is just my opinion on the matter, I think it is a dangerous game to
go to the police and be omissive with one's account. If the person doing the reporting isn't a good
liar the police can, and do, pick up on it. Casting doubt on the person's story's credibility. What
you propose is certainly possible, but risky.

Thanks for the chat and have a good night guys. (Australian Time)

Sincerely

Sean F. Meers

I see where you're coming from but I still have to disagree, there was nobody that would be able to prove that she knew Dan or Richard besides, well, Dan or Richard. So the cops may have had their suspicions but they would have had no way to prove that Linda had known either of them until they had them in custody and at that point if they started talking about aliens and abductions it would look like two criminals making up crazy stories to try and get out of trouble.

Personally, and mind you this is just my opinion on the matter, I think it is a dangerous game to go to the police and be omissive with one's account. If the person doing the reporting isn't a good liar the police can, and do, pick up on it. Casting doubt on the person's story's credibility. What you propose is certainly possible, but risky.

You seem to totally miss the fact that not going to the police serves to ruin her credibility and that the lame excuses presented for not doing so really compound the problem. Not going to the police for fear of being found to be a liar is not the best excuse to offer here for what I hope are obvious reasons.

Someone who thinks they are being raped, kidnapped, and experimented on and goes to the alien abduction research community instead of the police and to medical professionals for help is looking in the wrong place. There is simply no way around that conclusion.

You haven't established that not going to the police ruins Linda's credibility.

We'll agree to disagree. You have to look at this on a case by case basis certainly, but when someone circumvents the normal avenue of redress to opt to go down a more sensationalized road, it should be a red flag.

According to Linda:

"Connie eventually telephoned Budd, but I didn’t know when
she made that phone call, or what she said since I hadn’t heard
from her anymore. At a future time, Budd told me that Connie
called him, and ironically, he told me that he thought I was the
one who phoned him as a joke or something. I replied, "if you
think my cousin sounds like me, you ought to hear my sister."

Does anyone have a statement from Connie regarding the truth of this?

Hello Paracast user ufology,

Sean here.

Thank you for your question.

Linda and her cousin Connie lost touch shortly after, and directly because of, this incident.
They may have resumed contact since then, I do not know. Ultimately, their relationship
is a family matter, not a public one ...

Thank you and I hope this helps with your question.

Sincerely

Sean F. Meers

Thank you Sean. Your answer is much appreciated. Connie and Linda's relationship as a family matter isn't relevant to the investigation. A separate third party should still be able to:
  1. Verify if Connie is real and related to Linda as stated.
  2. Ask Connie independently ( if verified ) to confirm or deny making the call.
Has nobody tried to do this yet? If yes ... to what extent?

Sean here.

You're welcome. It's nice to receive serious questions about the case from sincerely interested
and objective individuals. You wouldn't believe how much unfettered abuse gets sent in when
one publicly defends an alien abduction case.

I queried Linda about the matter and I would very much like to talk to her cousin myself about it,
however, at the same time if their relationship is rocky at best I do not wish to create problems
over an issue that is inconsequential in value. That being said I will bring up the matter again with
Linda at a future point and see if there is anything I can do to pursue the matter and provide further
evidence. There is some interesting new evidence on the way to the website within a few weeks.
It is amazing the lengths that a handful of individuals have gone to to try and discredit Linda and
her incredibly complex and unique case.

Thanks again and hope this helps

Sincerely

Sean F. Meers

I take it that you feel you need to get Linda's permission first or it could jeopardize your working relationship. I can appreciate that, however if you can't conduct an impartial investigation you're not going to be taken seriously. I hope you can work that out.

I read the "Case Related Hate Mail" section of your site and, while some of it definitely qualifies as hate mail, some of it isn't mail and isn't hate. I'm referring to the reproduced posts from users of this forum who critiqued your articles or your web site. Why would you post those in a section that's supposed to be "Case Related Hate Mail" Is everyone who doesn't agree with you or who criticizes your work "hating" you? The reproduced forum posts didn't strike me as hateful at all. They're criticisms, whether you feel they're valid or not, you opened yourself up to criticism when you made a website and when you posted on this forum. That's what happens on forums, especially forums dealing with paranormal or fringe topics like this one does. I hope you don't think I'm hating on you but in my opinion it makes you look very childish and petty to reproduce those posts on your site. Just my two cents, good luck with the site.

Sean here.
It's not a matter of getting Linda's permission or potentially jeopardising any working
relationship by delving into certain areas of the case. Linda has always been 100%
cooperative and helpful with my investigation. Nothing has been off limits, no evidence
has ever been denied to me, no question of mine has ever been unanswered and no
working relationship severance has ever been threatened by her when I've inquired
or requested evidence about sensitive case related matters ...

Thank you Sean and good luck with your efforts. Please let us know if you have any breakthroughs.
You can also reach me through my main website.

Hi Muadib,

Sean here.

Thanks for your post.

In regards to the Case Related Hate Mail section at the website I've used the term Hate Mail as an encompassing term
to detail communications made about the case. I stand by the term and the contents at that particular page because what
is posted there goes beyond constructive or reasonable criticism. This is primarily because the postings incorporates ridicule
or ad hominem attacks. All that is posted there has not been done so lightly. It is a very important and ever present concern of
mine that you bring up, after all one does not want to label someone a hater for simply disagreeing or legitimately criticising
someone else's arguments. Ridicule and threats are the precursors for the Case Related Hate Mail section, I'm very sure that
every thing there qualifies under those statutes.

I welcome legitimate discourse on these matters, and I certainly understand and respect you as someone who is providing
legitimate concerns. I appreciate you for stating what you've said and your views on the matter. Anyone who can relay their
views without castigation and vilification of those they disagree with is welcome in my book.

Thanks for your good wishes about the site, I'll keep the forum informed of any and all updates.

Sean

Thanks for the response, I just wanted to give you what's basically an uninterested 3rd party opinion on some of the stuff in the hate mail section. I am, however, interested in hearing that new evidence you talked about in another post, so please post it as soon as you can. Thanks.

Kruggutter,
Have any other witnesses come forward, other than Janet Kimball, who were stuck on the bridge during the abduction? Has Janet made herself available to comment, outside of Bud Hopkins himself- since the release of the book?

Mike,
I find your posts spot on, in regards to people asking the question "What interest would tech advanced creatures have in monitoring the human race?"

As far as why someone wouldn't report a suspected abduction to authorities- or how they "know" something non-human was involved... Isn't it typical these people are only aware of missing time, and that something "unusual" has taken place? How many people even go so far as to explore the events during this missing time? We need to keep in mind, this phenomena is happening to many "professionals" -doctors, lawyers...people in all walks of life. What would happen should they go file a report of such?
If abduction was some type of disorder, why are so many reporting so similiar experiences? Reports from those who had no interest in the subject, and ignorant to such details? That would make for quite a disorder..one that has taken a life of it's own.

Thanks for the reply.
I recall that Janet Kimball first thought she was witnessing production from a movie- I'll have to go in and see what Y Spence had to say- I'm disappointed that "Richard" never came forward, after all these years- If even a "deathbed" confession from one of the many witnesses, who were unable to step up, out of fear for their careers.

Has any experiencer ever come back with any unique and verifiable information beyond the knowledge of the day, like the formula for transparent aluminum ( or whatever ) ? After all, these aren't merely observations and radar traces? If not I wonder why. Obviously the "non-interference directive" doesn't apply or they wouldn't be abducting people in the first place and causing this widespread interest in aliens, let alone be doing genetic modification. The reason that it would be too complex for humans to relate to is just a cop out. What is really going on I wonder? I've looked at Ms. Rainey's so called "hate mail" and her documentary clip giving her own evidence. Not only do I not see any hate in the content or the presentation, if Linda's Open Letter To Carol Rainey is for real, it seems far more harsh than anything I've run across from Carol's side, and it contains no objective evidence in support of her position. I've always liked Hopkins' approach to alien abduction, and certain things like UFOs and the missing time phenomenon are real. I've experienced both myself. But this whole approach to obtaining respectability by engaging in extensive character attacks ( by either side in the debate ) just seems counterproductive.

NOTE: Author Sean F. Meers has composed a PDF examining some of the statements made about Hopkins and it appears upon first browse to contain objective evidence. However it still doesn't bring us any closer to determining what is really going on with alien abductions.

Hello Paracast User ufology,

Sean here.

... You are entitled to your point of view on the matter and I have no desire to enter into any lengthy arguments in which I painstakingly attempt to change your mind ...

I'm not clear where you think my mind needs changing. Could you at least help clear that part up?

Back