• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Website

Free episodes:

...Thank you for your post and don't worry I know you are not attacking anyone.
Legitimate skeptics are a good thing, and easy to distinguish from the attackers.
I appreciate your politeness.

I appreciate that. While I recognize that some people are having some very strange experiences, I am genuinely skeptical that alien abductions are actually occurring. I think there a lot of unreasonable assumptions that have to be made to get to that conclusion.

No we never told any one NOT to report it. We always tell them its the 1st thing to do. We tell them they must overcome the hurt the shame to report it. Trained I never saw your post as an attack on a victim. But yes I seen it many many times where some one is assulted and dose not want to report it. I want you to see something from a victim ssomeone who created RIANN
her name was Tori Amos. now apply what she says to an unstopable event. one repeted over and over.

... now apply what she says to an unstopable event. one repeted over and over.

I have to say I'm a little slow, I don't get it. Also, the connection between rape victims and alleged alien abductees is stretched a bit thin.

Public alien abductees have abdicated any reasonable claim to concerns of ridicule, shame, and so forth motivating them not to seek professional help. The idea that professionals can't help and that they only have the alien abductee research and UFO/Paranormal talk show/lecture circuit community to turn to is fatally flawed from the get go and a major stumbling block to believing their story.

Hi Trainedobserver,

Sean here.

What I recommend you do is to personally contact some of these professionals
and ask them how would they respond to someone coming to them for help
claiming that they had been the victim of repeated alien abductions. It will give
you the clearest possible idea of why some abductees are reticent about seeking
out just any ordinary professional for assistance.

Thanks

Sean

Sean,

How would the victim know that they were the victim of aliens?

How is the conclusion that aliens or non-humans being made by the victim?

Are the victims in any position to reasonably assess that?

If a person consciously sees aliens, immediately after which they experience a severe trauma followed by missing time, it usually follows that they believe that the trauma and what they saw are connected.

How would anyone know that they have seen aliens Sean? That is my point. It is a baseless and unsupportable assumption.

If someone has severe trauma and missing time they need to see professionals who will not feed the victims their preconceptions and fantasies about something as unproven and low on the probability scale as aliens.

ok lets say this is NOT aliens...(I am not sure it is.) What drives some one to suddenly say they were taken? what delusion causes it? And lets take this case. What caused sevral witnesses to say they saw her being taken independantly of each other?
If it was Aliens then what happens during an abduction is pure hell impregnation? invasive medical procidures? possable implants? sorry the sexual aspects of an abduction sound like rape to me. I deal with victims all the time. I watched vidios on abductions most woman sound like those I deal with on a day to day basis. just my two sense.
RIKKI
Victoria Watson

In answer to Trained's hypothetical about law enforcement i was watching some monty python skits yesterday and one stood out as being related to this topic.

#!

Thats the flowchart you will get in a nutshell.

(sans the silly bit at the end)

To the rape matter,
We each see the world from a unique perspective, and thats as it should be. My pov doesnt in anyway invalidate anyone elses.
But on the hypothetical assumption abductions are real (and i personally think if the phenomena is real, there is precident for abductions to be real)
I dont see it as rape, any more than i see a zoo artificially inseminating a rare animal is rape.

Right and wrong and rape are human constructs, from a topological pov a non human species with the ability to do these things, has the same status as we do when we do it to other species here.
We do abduct other species, we measure them, test them even implant them with RFID chips for the purposes of study.
Anyone who's watched meerkat manor will know we also fit some individuals with tracking devices.
Emotion aside the universe operates on a very simple albiet seemingly unfair principle.

The ability to do a thing, is all that matters. Right and wrong are in the eye of the beholder, they are not universal constants, they are just constructs that some may choose to apply to a given scenario or not as is their wont.

It is a scary thought, but its also true.

If a tiger takes a child collecting water from the river, right and wrong are not real factors in that story, the ability to do so is far more significant.

When we abduct, tag and even inseminate a wild panda we dont for a moment think of it as rape, from our perspective its not

And this must be considered in the alleged abduction scenario, If the scenario is one of a species other than ours, perhaps one thats no longer even biological like ours, then its as unlikely to consider what it does as bad, any more than we do when we serve up a lamb as curry, or use an antibacterial solution to wipe down the bench.

Indeed i could make a case of "comparative" morality where a post biological or non meat eating species might view their research where specimens are taken but returned safely to their environment as a far lesser evil, than the abduction of a lamb from its mother for the purposes of being served with rice and a nice yogurt dressing.
From a topological pov which is the greater evil ?

Im rather fond of the adage "one is not entitled to a higher standard of treatment, that that which we ourselves bring to the table"

Is the human species really entitled to a higher standard of treatment than that we extend to the other species here on earth ?
And again i can make a case that in the alleged abduction scenario we do in fact get a higher standard of treatment, than that we extend to the species we have here.

Its all relative

Which is why i say if we do have a non human species visting us, i dont find the abduction scenario odd, the precident already exists.
All the aspects of the alien abduction scenario, are mirrored in what we do to the species we share this universe with.
We abduct, measure,experiment on, tag, implant, track and even take samples from and inseminate and cross breed them.
We have and exercise our ability to do this to other species......................

Now i will anticipate the classic response.

"But we are sentient, the other species are not"

But lets break that down, what this really means is that we see some intrinsic difference which makes it acceptable for us to do this to other species.

But that same rationale could be used by another species in relation to us.

Its ok to catch and tag a penguin, since its not as sophisticated as we are intellectually, evolutionary, socially, technologically, philosophically........

But that same excuse can apply to us as well

The model is pretty straight forward, those higher up the ladder can do what they like to those on the rungs below.

Because they can

Mike I never thought of it in those terms.
We tag and do all sorts of things to other species. Heck there are taged deer near our home. I read about things like heard contol and
efforts to help a species repopulate. I tend to view matters in a black and white. Food for thought.
RIKKI

I don't care what kind of mental or moral gymnastics we do in attempting to understand what the possible motivations may be, it doesn't make being prey, OK.

I say anything, human, non-human, whatever the case may be that does the things that are reported in alien abductions stories are our natural enemies and we need to hunt the things back to whatever hole they crawled out of and kill the whole lot of them post haste. Just like we would excise a cancer or destroy a virus. Only in the case of some non-human predatory civilization we could also take their shiny stuff after we've exterminated them like bugs.

The humans that would fight alien wars would have to segregated from the human population or mind-wiped before they could return. Alien culture and technology would have to be isolated from mankind to prevent the destruction of human culture. A parallel military space program would have to exist to fight humanities battles with aliens in the hope of avoiding contamination of the home human civilization. Sounds like Warhammer 40K. That couldn't be happening could it? Nahhh.

I don't care what kind of mental or moral gymnastics we do in attempting to understand what the possible motivations may be, it doesn't make being prey, OK.

I say anything, human, non-human, whatever the case may be that does the things that are reported in alien abductions stories are our natural enemies and we need to hunt the things back to whatever hole they crawled out of and kill the whole lot of them post haste. Just like we would excise a cancer or destroy a virus. Only in the case of some non-human predatory civilization we could also take their shiny stuff after we've exterminated them like bugs.

The humans that would fight alien wars would have to segregated from the human population or mind-wiped before they could return. Alien culture and technology would have to be isolated from mankind to prevent the destruction of human culture. A parallel military space program would have to exist to fight humanities battles with aliens in the hope of avoiding contamination of the home human civilization. Sounds like Warhammer 40K. That couldn't be happening could it? Nahhh.

The trouble is we need a definition of the word prey.

We prey on the other species here, sometimes for food, sometimes for sport.

Is it immoral to go fishing, even if its just catch and release.........

Should dolphins who have been captured for amusement parks have the same right to hunt us down and exterminate us ?

I try and take a topographical view, that is i try and look at the scenarios as neither a human or an alien. Like i'm floating above the whole universe looking down on the behavior of both species.

From this vantage point i can make a case that the "aliens" treat humans better, than humans treat their client species.

As far as i can tell they are not using us as a food source, although its possible earth is the stock pen with another planet being used for production

8.39 Billion Chickens.
Every day, 23 million chickens are killed in the U.S. for food--that's 269 deaths per second!

But looking at the stats for just chickens, i think we'd notice if that model was at play in the abduction scenario.
I think we can rule out sport, since the bulk of the narrative relates to nightime scenarios when we are usually asleep, lacking in sharp situational awareness and more or less helpless

Scientific data gathering and sampling seems to fit the narrative best, and the use of screen memorys to mitigate the trauma suggests a degree of compassion.

While we do use tranquilisers in some of our catch and release operations, this is usually when dealing with dangerous subjects and is for the protection of the human, not the animals comfort. with less dangerous specimens we just net/trap them and measure and tag them accepting their fright and trauma as a necesssary evil.

Looking down on both scenarios from above , letting go of my human perspective i see both species exercising their "ability to do so" prerogative.

I'm often asked why would they want to study us

Why do we study other animals today ?

Weve been doing it long enough, why do we still do it ?

Well lets look at Charles Darwin's beagle voyage, he couldnt take photos, couldnt do xrays, could only perform basic tests on body chemistry. Decoding the genome of his subjects was something he had in mind, but didnt have the tools we do today.
And we continue to study the life on this planet despite the fact its all the same DNA
We continue to study organisms we have been studying for hundreds and hundreds of years.
What drives us to do this ?

DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is the hereditary material in humans and almost all other organisms.

Despite the different expressions of that DNA, we are at our core all made of the same stuff, yet we find those expressions, those other species fascinating.
Why wouldnt a species either with the same DNA building blocks or entirely different ones be just as fascinated by the myriad expressions of it here on earth.

Lets compare two abduction scenarios

A human is taken at night while they are drowsy, and returned with a screen memory that if it takes properly allows them to continue on in life as if it never happened.

A whale's song is silenced by a harpoon from a japanese whaling vessel, dragged out of the water while still alive and butchered......

In both cases the bioform is abducted from its natural environment

The human perspective seems to be its OK to be the predator, but not the prey

But that same rationale can be ported up the ladder.

Its the same model we see here

Phytoplankton gets eaten by zoolankton, zoolankton gets eaten by krill, krill gets eaten by the small fish, who gets eaten by larger fish, who get eaten by dolphins, who in some cases get eaten by man.......
By what right can we demand the chain stops there ?

The suggestion we are the "apex" predator is just an illusion

Thats not to say we should just accept our fate, that we shouldnt try and find a way to protect ourselves, again the terrestrial biomodel is replete with just such adaptations, camoflage, offensive and defensive adaptations.

Perhaps the abduction scenario is a deliberate catalyst to spur on sentients, who are resting in the comfort of the illusion they are apex predators, to push them to the next level.
Perhaps that level is as ive postulated before post biological, after all any biological organism is at risk of being prey, thats the model here

You can't confuse me with moral relativism. When something tries to prey upon, enslave, or use me or mine I take a particular disliking to it. I also reserve the right to kill on any non-human species that tries it.

My opinion on most abductions is that they are sleep disorders like the old hag this case has witnesses that are hard to discount. My wife in he work
at the cener keys in on what she sees as the mental scars of the event.

I am familiar with alien abduction cases Sean. My familiarity has not bred belief in the popular interpretations of them as alien abductions.

You have yet to make a reasonable argument for involving amateurs and alien abduction researchers in lieu of authorities and medical professionals. The assertion that conclusions aren't quickly or easily reached would be better supported by a record of victims seeking out immediate help through normal channels.

It is one thing to have reported something to the police and having nothing come it and therefore moving on to some other avenue of redress, but to never have involved the police in the first place claiming that it would be useless because it involves aliens is deeply flawed.

Hi Trainedobserver,

Sean here.

In your estimation, what do you think the police would do if an abductee
went to them and reported their account?

Thanks

Sean

What do police do when injuries and home intrusions are reported? They would investigate it.

The assumption that it was an alien abduction and therefore getting the police and the hospital to check you and what happened to you out is pointless or counterproductive is deeply flawed and potentially very dangerous.

To be perfectly clear on the matter, based on what I've been told by the Police,
they would not take an individual seriously if they reported an alien abduction account,
nor would they launch an investigation into the matter.

I have yet to understand why anyone would tell the police that they were abducted by aliens.

I will ask at the Goodman center tommorrow on what a police resonse would be to a report of an "alien" abduction.

Same here.

I think we have different reasons for saying that Sean. I see no reason why anyone who thinks they are getting abducted and injured by parties unknown would jump to the conclusion that it is aliens and therefore not report it because of that or to call the police and say, "I have been abducted by aliens, get over here quick."

No, what I would expect from anyone who thinks someone is taking them out of their home at night and either raping or doing medical experiments on them would be to seek the help of the police immediately. I would not expect them to identify the assailants as "aliens." If they did they would be jumping to conclusions without proper evidence.

If they go to the police and nothing comes of it they have least done what any reasonable person would do and they can proceed from there. Since many of these cases involve physical injuries of some kind then having gone to see a doctor for those injuries only makes sense. In some cases that is exactly what is done.

When someone has never reported their "experiences" of kidnap, rape, and unwanted medical examinations to the authorities it adversely effects their credibility.

Back