• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Website

Is she a wtness? Is her ceditabilty in question? P.S. this case is the 1st my wife had looked into and the possability shook her to the core. I join her in sending love and support to linda who is a victim of not only unknown entitys but human preditors...

Sean,

Can you describe for us in a brief paragraph why you believe this case is significant and important? In other words what information coming out of this case makes it worthy of your efforts?

Hi Trainedobserver,

Sean here.

Thanks for your question. I'll get back to you with the answer later today,
and I'll try to keep it to a brief paragraph. Given the complexity of Linda's
case it can be difficult. :)

Speak soon

Sincerely

Sean F. Meers

It shouldn't be. Imagine I am a Hollywood producer and you have 30 seconds to get my attention. Write me the two sentence commercial for the case is all I'm asking.

Thanks Sean.

I think you could boil it down to: Alleged multiple witnesses and physical evidence in the way of injury. This raises the question of what do you and Linda wish to accomplish by presenting your investigation of this case? What do you hope will come out of others accepting this as a "real event?"

My next question would be, "In your estimation, what is it about Linda Cortile that would cause her to be the target of such an abduction and physical abuse?" Certainly there must be something that makes Cortile worthy of the abductors exposing themselves to so many witnesses such as knowledge, position, family history, etc.?

Did she report being taken from her apartment and having unwanted surgery performed on her officially to the police? If not, why not?

Also, if she feared that she had something "implanted" did she get a doctor to remove the object? If not, why not? This would be important evidence to supply to the police.

I've read your response to question #13 and I think the opposite is true. By not reporting the abduction, abuses, and so forth, her credibility is damaged more than if she had reported them.

I'm thinking that if I had been kidnapped and physically abused I would go down to the police station and file a complaint. I wouldn't say aliens in a UFO did such and such. I would say, "Here, look at my injuries." and get them documented and get examined by a doctor. I would say, "Someone came in here in the dead of night and did this, I have no idea who. Find out who it was, that is your job." That is the only reasonable thing to do. To not do that presumes the victim has positively identified the assailants and knows what happened to them. If something like this happened to me I would assume I had been drugged at some point and would want to get immediate medical attention and my blood drawn. It doesn't make sense to me in a real world context to not report abduction and abuse immediately and seek medical attention. This is no minor point that can be dismissed by thinking injuries and claims of being abducted would be shrugged off and ignored because the victim says they cannot identify or properly describe their assailants. To not report any of her alleged experiences indicates she has already reached a conclusion she is dealing with UFOs and aliens prior to any real investigation.

That's a good question for Don Ecker.

A person makes a complaint that their home has been invaded and they have had some sort of experimental surgery performed on them. They have a visible injury and are visibly upset. They say, "Don't know who did this and what I remember is pretty weird. I think I may been drugged during the surgery." Would police in America blow that off without some sort of investigation? Would it not be tremedeously advantageous for anyone suspecting that they had been abducted and operated on to go to the police immediately, no matter what they might think may have happened? Is all that is necessary to commit such crimes is to dress up and drug your victims so that they will report they were kidnapped, raped, and operated on by aliens so that they police will laugh you out of the station? It seems improbable in the extreme.

If abduction, abuse, and ongoing harassment isn't reported to the proper authorities I have to, absolutely have to cast serious doubt on what I am hearing.

In regards to reporting it, the question boils down to "If the decide to believe her, what are they expected to do about it?"
In addition to this, presenting an omitted account to the police arouses their suspicion and damages the credibility of the person filing
the report. It's also worth noting that Linda was thinking of her safety and survival, not whether or not she would appear credible.

I would expect the authorities to do exactly what they do every time someone reports a crime, investigate it.

There is no reason for her to make any assertion whatsoever about the identity of the perpetrators unless she knew who they were. She would not have been obligated to tell the police she had been abducted by aliens since she could not reasonably been expected to know such a thing.

I have to say that if I were concerned about my safety and survival I would go directly to the hospital to get examined and call the police to meet me there. I think any reasonable person would do that. I have a hard time getting past that in cases like this. If a reasonable person thinks they are in danger, that their love ones are in danger, that they are being abducted by someone in the dead of night, then they would go to the authorities who would no doubt insist that they be given a medical examination particularly when rape, experimental surgery, or other such things are reported as in many of these types of cases.

Am I the only one that finds this particular aspect of the alien abduction phenomenon in general and this case in particular particularly disquieting and well, to be honest, suspicious? Someone is bagged, tagged, and abused by god knows who and they don't seek help from the authorities? It seems an unlikely course of action to take.

Rikki and I are on the fence on this case. Here it is clear that something odd happened but what remains unknown. My heart goes out to linda and the human preditors that she deals with.

Rikki and I are on the fence on this case. Here it is clear that something odd happened but what remains unknown. My heart goes out to linda and the human preditors that she deals with.

Bob,

Just a thought experiment: You awake to vivid memories of being abducted and experimented on by someone. You have injuries. Someone is coming in the house at night. What do you do? All alien abduction cases have to deal with that decision tree.

That
krugutter says: "From what's been attempted it appears that overt attempts to video tape abductions are
predominantly countered, that being said, anomalies have been recorded."

Countered? "The footage hasn't been made public but I believe anything that supports my imaginary beliefs!"

LOL.

Carl Sagan explained the dumbassery of this kind of thinking:

"I have a dragon in my garage!"

"Really, let's have a look!"

"No, you can't see him, he's invisible."

"Oh, ok well he must weigh a lot, a big dragon like that, lets' weigh him."

"No, he's weightless, too."

"Hmm... well what if we covered him with flour, then we could see him."

"No, he's incorporeal"

At some point, a regular person might start to suspect that there isn't any dragon.

But some folks are not that discerning.

Lance

That is well put Lance and also very relevant to religion I think also.

As someone who grew up in a Police household, and has had long standing association with Police in two countrys, i can tell you that even if you left out the "alien" aspect and simply reported as per

A person makes a complaint that their home has been invaded and they have had some sort of experimental surgery performed on them. They have a visible injury and are visibly upset. They say, "Don't know who did this and what I remember is pretty weird. I think I may been drugged during the surgery."

It would get filed in the lunatic fringe basket.

Thats the path of least resistance, and imo thats how it would play out.

Even when a Police officer is 100 percent convinced an event took place, unless they have something they can present as evidence in court, they cant touch it.

They get crazy people coming into the station and making crazy allegations all the time, if you were to make a complaint along the lines you suggest, imo it would get processed in a predictable way.

They might, have the physical evidence division photograph your injury, and they might recommend you see a Doctor for some toxicology tests, but again only if they thought the results and photographs might be useful as evidence in court.

A classic example is the "drugged" aspect

A "case" might be made for the crime of administering a stupefying drug.

But the "drug" would have to be A: found in the toxicology test and B: be on the schedule of controlled substances.

If they used a paralysis beam
Army Developing Paralysis Beam | LiveScience

No "crime" has been comitted

If they used an unknown substance, a "designer drug" again no crime can be presented to court.

Any Police officer listening to someone at the station desk, will be thinking along these lines.

Imo without a suspect, a motive or any evidence that a "crime" has been comitted, they will write the complainent off as a nut case.

You're screwed either way, if you keep your complaint vague, they dont have enough to open an investigation. If you mention "aliens" you're a nut case

ok After a lot of emotions making sure it was real (scars scoop marks ect) iwould then explain the situation to my wife and make sure her and the kids were untouched. then I try to figure a way to stop them from coming in. but then who would I call the cops? and be labeled a nut case? this is a detached response any real response I have no clue.

If i thought it was an "abduction" i wouldnt go to the Police

At the end of the day there is nothing to gain, there is nothing the Police can do about it.

The Police are not there to solve mysterys, thats for scooby doo and the gang.

They are there to gain evidence for and to prosecute crimes, its not their mandate to solve unexplained paranormal phenomena. And they wont even try.

Its akin to going to the police because you find your partner has cheated with the neighbour, Its not something they can or will do anything about.

Alien abduction isnt on the books, its not a crime.

Even if you were lucky enough to find an elightened, open minded individual like Don, who didnt discount the possibility. The answer would be the same

"What do you want me to do about it ?"

If i thought it was an "abduction" i wouldnt go to the Police

I'm trying to make the point that not going to the police because you think you were abducted by aliens rather than humans is absurd. Why? How would you know you were abducted by aliens? That is a big assumption to make.

My whole point here that if you think someone is coming in your house and injuring you there is either evidence for that actually occurring or not. This assumes you have something to base that belief other than a bad dream.

I would think the initial reaction of any reasonable person who thought that they or their family had just experienced a home intrusion that resulted in injuries would be seek immediate help from police or their doctor. If I thought something or some was coming into my home and screwing with my family and I had evidence of that I would take it to the authorities and allow myself to look stupid, crazy, or whatever it took.

If I thought I was experiencing alien abductions, one of the first things I would do is go see a neurologist and a psychiatrist. Why? I would want to reassure myself that I had nothing going on physically or mentally that would alter my perceptions or impair my judgement. Still though, if I woke up and thought someone had been in my house and shoved something up my nose, I'd call the police. I don't think that is an unreasonable approach.

Here is another thought on this. How useful would it be to program the populace to not report their unwilling participation in a covert program?

Bob,

Just a thought experiment: You awake to vivid memories of being abducted and experimented on by someone. You have injuries. Someone is coming in the house at night. What do you do? All alien abduction cases have to deal with that decision tree.

My turn;
if I awoke and it was real undenable...There is a word for what these creatures do (If real)..that word is rape. If you don't think so well.. And so i seen what a rape dose to a woman many many times. you see I volenter at a rape crisis center. I seen I know what it dose. So if these things are real and Linda and thousands like her must bear a double shame. that of being assulted by enitys that they CAN NOT STOP. and second not being beleved.there are no words I can use no image I can show to help you understand what A victim Like Lina must have gone though. If this happened like she says it did then I can not even for a second put myself in her shoes.And that is why my heart goes out to her.
Victoria Watson
RIKKI
P.S sean you my use my statment on your website to show my support to Linda. I wish I could hold her hand shead tears with her offer her comfort.
Like my husband. I honestly can't even try to think of what I would do.
I close with this to Linda.
BLESSED BE

My turn;
if I awoke and it was real undenable...There is a word for what these creatures do (If real)..that word is rape. If you don't think so well..

No, to the contrary, it is rape or worse than rape. If any of the alien abduction business is true, then these things are criminals and the natural enemies of mankind. They reportedly commit rape, kidnapping, theft, and treat human beings like mice in a laboratory experiment.

So if these things are real and Linda and thousands like her must bear a double shame. that of being assulted by enitys that they CAN NOT STOP. and second not being beleved.

My heart goes out to these people as well. These must be incredibly frightening experiences, I cannot deny that. Just reading about them is scary enough. "What is actually happening?" still remains the central question though. I keep thinking, "If this were happening to me, how would I get help?"

Sean and Rikki, please understand. My questions are not meant as attacks on anyone, they are just the questions that are naturally arising in my mind as I consider this case.

Rikki, your comments about rape and shame make me wonder about alien abduction in general, "If concerns about shame and humiliation would keep someone from seeking help from authorities and medical professionals, how is it less shameful or humiliating to enter the world of alien abduction researchers, write books detailing your experiences, appear in documentaries, or speak at conferences?

As someone with experience with rape victims Rikki, is that a pattern that you see repeated with rape vicitims? Do those rape victims who write books, create web presences, and appear publicly campaigning for rape awareness downplay, disregard, or discourage going to the authorities? Don't they and rape crisis centers always tell victims to report it and go seek medical attention immediately?

Back