• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Thanks, Internet! Conspiracy theorists (and skeptics) thrive online

I am very secure about my skills. I make a living from photoshop, do you?

Did you need help on choosing a topic to read? or NOT choosing a topic to read? it is very simple, If you are NOT interested in a topic or the ramblings of a certain poster, DO NOT read the topic... let me clarify for you... lets say pixelsmith posts something and you do not like pixelsmith or what he posts, then you would NOT read his post... reading and NOT reading are very different. If this does not make sense to you then I suggest you log out, shut down and unplug your computer and go back to that typewriter you are using in your avatar. ;p

He does have staying power that's for sure.. And I haven't gotten any work done. I want to find out more about the Solar Power.

Well I have got tons done today. I can multitask.

I do indeed have staying power. I am the 3rd member to sign up here. How long have you two been here?

Really? Third person to sign up here? Why, I had no idea!

What a stud you are!

I was here some time in '07, actually. There was a core breach or something and a lot of accounts got lost. Or so I was told... hmmmmm.......

But really, what does that have to do with the price of lithium on your health plan?

A photoshop and a paracast stud..
I might even have liked you if you didn't hate the environment so much. Too bad, so sad.

hak: I have been collecting solar panels form everywhere over the last several years. The ones I use only gets 22 volts per panel and 1.9 amps, but with that said, it only takes about 6 panels to give the max power of a household outlet (120v, and 10 amps), so to run our house lighting, using energy saver lights, is a no brainer. The big power pullers are of course from our heater, and the oven, but are working on that.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

Where should i go to start "collecting"... do i need to look at certain types, or does it matter?
Do you have any solar power sites you go to that give you the info you need?

Thanks plumbbob! I'll look into this quite seriously. Nothing like throwing your money away on energy when you can get it for free from the sun!

Here is an interesting site, if you are into making your own stuff. Especially if you are into making your own stuff out of what your neighbors leave in the alley.

http://www.otherpower.com/

Tons of info, and a forum too. Every bit as lively as this one, even!

Anyway, I haven't looked around on that site in a long time, but it's pretty interesting. The owners have a store in Fr. Collins, Colorado where they sell magnets and wire and all sorts of stuff. They live up in the mountains, off grid, and make enough of their own power (mostly from wind) to heat their workshop electrically. Youza.

A photoshop and a paracast stud..
I might even have liked you if you didn't hate the environment so much. Too bad, so sad.

I very much like the environment but I would like to see CO2 levels elevated to around 600 ppm tho. Plant food and greening the planet you know.... oh wait.. you don't know. CO2 is plant food and an essential element for all life on Earth. Without CO2 or "carbon", we and most life forms would not be here. If you do not like CO2 then you are not much of a lover of the environment.

What is sad is... I like you and DNS... I do not pick my friends according to beliefs or interests. I very much like to hear what you have to say, I may not agree with some of it but I know we have common ground in paranormal/ufo stuff.

I never thought of myself as a stud... thanks. Do I get to be a Tae Kwon Do Stud too for being a 3rd degree black belt who has owned his own studio for 20 years? How about a blind cat stud for rescuing and providing a loving home for a kitten born blind? Maybe I could be a garbage stud for all the litter I pick up every year? Maybe a "friend of nearly dead old people" stud for the work I do at the local hospice where my mother passed away 5 years ago as of the 23rd? How about a blues festival stud for the festival i am VP of that donates all proceeds to the local school music departments? Or a foundation stud for the foundation I helped set up just this very week to set aside money for other kids who cannot afford instruments? Or maybe a food stud for helping at the food/grocery shelter down the road? Or how about a photography stud that goes to capture (for free) the last living moments of a terminally ill child who's family is about to "pull the plug"?
I can be lots of different studs...

Yea, in my mind it is win-win. help our pocket book and help the planet. pb

I use Northern a lot too. Great place.
It is very cool that you guys want to tinker with stuff but solar and wind power are very unreliable and not too efficient. On large scale energy needs they suck because they are subsidized. I suggest you focus on magnetics for power and traveling the universe for that matter...

Don't worry Pixel Twist, the USofA subsidises big oil and coal as well... don't you worry your studly little head about that.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Look they have a solar power for beginners page.... solar power on a pop up camper! Too Cool.
Check It Out

And it’s in my neck of the woods. Go figure, all of us old hippies stick together.

i am an old hippie too. i go to northern, i recycle, i car pool, i pick up more litter than both of you combined, i lived in the woods and off the land for 2 years while going to school, i wear tie-dye, i listen to hendrix and the dead on a daily basis, i forge my own damascus knife blades and make my own sheaths, i know what wild plants to eat, i use milk right off the farm from grass fed cows, i help butcher the chickens we eat, i have long hair AND i wear a red bandana.... ta da... i am a hippie stud too.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

AND i was dabbling in solar power and reading Mother Earth News probably before you were born.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

so I am a Mother Earth News stud too. ;p

Must have been some Dojo out there in the barn. Who did you spar with the chickens? Did you behead them with a roundhouse? Or perhaps if you were feeling frisky and used a flying side-thrust? A little kumite with the cows perhaps?

Back