• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Thanks, Internet! Conspiracy theorists (and skeptics) thrive online

Free versions of recent episodes:

Actually my instructor came from Korea in 1974 where he was a 6th degree who trained the south korean army, the korean secret service and even some of our boys who were stationed there, I started training with him in 1975. Our dojo has been in many locations over the years, church basements, dance studios, large basements, party room at housing development, grade schools, old theater, a home for Nuns and.... a barn for about a month. I still train with him once a month at a high school about 35 miles from here.

No kumite with the cows then?
I'll respect your Sensei and your karate, your dedication.
But not your opinions on climate change.
Did you know most plants stop photosynthesizing when it gets about 90 degrees? The things you pick up when you work with plants... crazy i know!

Did you know most plants stop living at around 200 ppm CO2? The beginnng of the industrial age was around 280 ppm... thankfully CO2 levels started to rise again... but then you knew all that right?

BTW - I ran a green house and laid sod for 4 years, we pumped up the CO2 to around 1200 ppm...after that I was a landscaper for 10 years, I planted plenty of trees and plants. After that I ran heavy equipment and ripped up the earth and pushed trees and plants over and killed them to build houses.

Here is some silly enviroNut stuff... now we have too many trees growing in the Northern hemisphere AND Russia, these trees are causing more global warming. The first link is about up North and the second similar article is about Russia, NOTE the very last paragraph in the Russian article... it speaks volumes. NASA?! REALLY?!

Shift in Northern Forests Could Increase Global Warming: Scientific American
Russian Boreal Forests Undergoing Vegetation Change | Science Blog

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

You must be 500 years old.

I am 56 next monday. I started working when I was 15.

I use Northern a lot too. Great place.
It is very cool that you guys want to tinker with stuff but solar and wind power are very unreliable and not too efficient. On large scale energy needs they suck because they are subsidized. I suggest you focus on magnetics for power and traveling the universe for that matter...

Once more Pixie Dust demonstrates that ignorance he's always croaking about. Or he's just making shit up again. Either way, boy, what a doofus.

I hate to tell you, lots of government grants are going to environmental research.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Or he's just making shit up again.

making shit up.. is my guess.. I think there is alot of that going on.

I hate to tell you, lots of government grants are going to environmental research.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

making shit up.. is my guess.. I think there is alot of that going on.

I have not made anything up. I do not have to.

And yes there were a LOT of grants to environmental research BUT the bulk of it only went to those in support of AGW. This is old old news.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Once more Pixie Dust demonstrates that ignorance he's always croaking about. Or he's just making shit up again. Either way, boy, what a doofus.

Once more you feel the need to attach extra names to pixelsmith and outright name calling, my guess is it makes you feel better about yourself in some way so go for it.

What ignorance are you talking about? I am not a mind reading stud.

yes.. that, and I have only one ear too. A 1972 Volvo 1800 ES bit it off when I rolled it.

oh.. that was the newer car...

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Yeah... Golden Gloves Sponsor posters done, web-work done.. billing done.... being the last man (or woman) on this thread..
Priceless.

Save the schmooze attack for someone who might be susceptible. My immune system is much stronger than that. I don't like you, Pixie, and never have. The reason? You are full of shit.

I got it in 1998. I flew out to southern california and drove it back to minnesota. It was totally restored, engine/tranny rebuilt at a Volvo dealership in San Diego. It was one of the coolest cars I ever had. Totaled it Oct 26th 1999. I broke my neck, lost an ear, split my head and forehead open, broke some ribs, etc etc. I sold it on ebay to a guy in nova scotia. Here is the car in CA and as it is being unloaded in Nova Scotia. I wish the highlights were not blown out on the roof, you could see the spray of blood from my ear being squeezed off my head.

Attachments

• volvo1800es.jpg
    volvo1800es.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 17
Oh Geez, you guys pushed the pixelsmith-climate thingie. I knew it when I saw the words CO2, Al Gore, and pixelsmith 3 pages ago. @Pixelsmith, give it up. Carbon dioxide + water vapor as an amplifier do indeed contribute significantly to the greenhouse effect on our planet. The greenhouse effect strongly influences earth surface temperatures/weather patterns. Overall, yes, it does look like earth surface temperatures are very strongly correlated to atmospheric CO2 concentrations. There is no way getting around the physics.
There is no worldwide 'Al Gore/Green' conspiracy to you fool you and deny you your God-given right to burn carbon. But, then, you probably won't take my word for it, I must be one of them.

Why did I come back??

Pixel Twist.. sorry about your car wreck... even if you are a small pain on a personal level, that sort of experience can be very traumatic. I'm not as staunch as Double 00. But then my abilities to empathize translates to the environment.

Raping the world and leaving it for dead is NOT how we should go about getting energy. Cheap energy should be a thing of the past. There is no and has never been cheap energy. It is an INVESTMENT.

The only reason why the energy of coal and oil is "cheap" is because they are mined with cheapness in mind. You might want to talk to some miners about the safety standards WV mines, or the dead soldiers in the Middle East, or the Horizon (heck BP has one of the worst safety records in the oil biz), or all the gas wells that have been blowing up in PA, OH, and along the shale belt. It's only "cheap" because the companies are shitting in our environment. Tepco is another example. (reactor #2 is in major trouble btw).

The reality, getting energy safely in a non-destructive manner costs money.. And that's everyones reality. Green energy is Cost heavy at the beginning. Sure green energy is NOT perfect... but investing in those technologies will only make them better.

Those other non-renewable sources are cost heavy from middle to end. But the non-renewables don't really pay the real costs... We do.. you and I in our health, OUR environmental health, OUR business health (as in the case of the gulf).

America has been raping 3rd world countries for decades now, and because the world in a finite place the corporations that were once American have come to rape us.... I ask you to stop being their cheerleader!

I've said my peace Pixel Twist... i have a feeling there have been many much more brilliant people then I making brilliant counter arguments to yours. But perhaps the trauma of the accident has done more the eat the physical ear off.... perhaps the mental ear has been taken as well. :(

Oh Geez, you guys pushed the pixelsmith-climate thingie. I knew it when I saw the words CO2, Al Gore, and pixelsmith 3 pages ago. @Pixelsmith, give it up. Carbon dioxide + water vapor as an amplifier do indeed contribute significantly to the greenhouse effect on our planet. The greenhouse effect strongly influences earth surface temperatures/weather patterns. Overall, yes, it does look like earth surface temperatures are very strongly correlated to atmospheric CO2 concentrations. There is no way getting around the physics.
There is no worldwide 'Al Gore/Green' conspiracy to you fool you and deny you your God-given right to burn carbon. But, then, you probably won't take my word for it, I must be one of them.

you are partially right. CO2 + water vapor have an effect but it is FAR FAR from significant. The only GREEN Al Gore gave a crap about was the GREEN in his pockets. Do a little research on his carbon trading scheme before you open you CO2 hole. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Why did I come back??

Pixel Twist.. sorry about your car wreck... even if you are a small pain on a personal level, that sort of experience can be very traumatic. I'm not as staunch as Double 00. But then my abilities to empathize translates to the environment.

Raping the world and leaving it for dead is NOT how we should go about getting energy. Cheap energy should be a thing of the past. There is no and has never been cheap energy. It is an INVESTMENT.

The only reason why the energy of coal and oil is "cheap" is because they are mined with cheapness in mind. You might want to talk to some miners about the safety standards WV mines, or the dead soldiers in the Middle East, or the Horizon (heck BP has one of the worst safety records in the oil biz), or all the gas wells that have been blowing up in PA, OH, and along the shale belt. It's only "cheap" because the companies are shitting in our environment. Tepco is another example. (reactor #2 is in major trouble btw).

The reality, getting energy safely in a non-destructive manner costs money.. And that's everyones reality. Green energy is Cost heavy at the beginning. Sure green energy is NOT perfect... but investing in those technologies will only make them better.

Those other non-renewable sources are cost heavy from middle to end. But the non-renewables don't really pay the real costs... We do.. you and I in our health, OUR environmental health, OUR business health (as in the case of the gulf).

America has been raping 3rd world countries for decades now, and because the world in a finite place the corporations that were once American have come to rape us.... I ask you to stop being their cheerleader!

I've said my peace Pixel Twist... i have a feeling there have been many much more brilliant people then I making brilliant counter arguments to yours. But perhaps the trauma of the accident has done more the eat the physical ear off.... perhaps the mental ear has been taken as well. :(

I agree for the most part with your post... until the end. No one has giving anything remotely close to a "brilliant" counter argument. That my friend is why the who AGW scam fell apart. There is NO SCIENCE to back it up.

BTW - that Volvo crash was the 2nd time I broke my neck.. the first time was in 1973...and in 2000 I was struck by lightning.

I agree for the most part with your post... until the end. No one has giving anything remotely close to a "brilliant" counter argument. That my friend is why the who AGW scam fell apart. There is NO SCIENCE to back it up.

Is there peer reviewed paper that could be published that would change your opinion?

Is there peer reviewed paper that could be published that would change your opinion?

Peer Reviewed? lol...I will read any paper that anyone here brings forth. As you may or may not know the Scientific Method involves trying to disprove whatever is found as "proof" (unlike IPCC AGW 'scientists")... as you probably do NOT know unless you read the ClimateGate emails is that the peer review process was admittedly hijacked by the "scientists" involved with the IPCC.

Have you read the ClimatgeGate emails?

you are partially right. CO2 + water vapor have an effect but it is FAR FAR from significant.
I find your contention not credible. Detailed quantitative computer modelling goes against your argument, as do environmental temperature measurements across the globe. You know the greenhouse effect is a real physical phenomenon and yet you implicitly assume it is not a significant part of global temperature changes. Do you have quantitative computer modelling to back up your contention? If so, what are its numerical predictions for rising CO2 levels?
You are aware of the positive feedback loop on temperature due to greenhouse by water vapor, are you not? There are further positive feebacks from other sources too, such as increased solar absorption by dark, open sea water versus good reflection by white pack ice. There may be others, but I have not studied climate change in detail.

Back