• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Thanks, Internet! Conspiracy theorists (and skeptics) thrive online

Free episodes:

From the graph, it looks to me like statistically significant rise in temperature fluctuations towards year 2000 of about 0.5 deg. C. Meaning more temperature variability, all consistent with an overall temperature rise. Higher temperature variation is a consequemce of higher overall temperatures.
The graph seems to support the global warming scenario.

So based on this graph you would agree that temps are rising at an alarming rate and therefore global policies regarding CO2 should be put into place to stop it?

It not only absorbs, when it warms from the SUN it releases more CO2 than anything else on the planet. What about the SUN?!?! Seriously??
No, incorrect. Again, you are not understanding the principle of the CO2[gas phase]/CO2[aqueous phase] equilibrium properly. The solar constant (not really a constant), is accounted for in the modelling

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

So based on this graph you would agree that temps are rising at an alarming rate and therefore global policies regarding CO2 should be put into place to stop it?
Man, you're lucky I got time to burn...
Alarming? no. You are trying to force-feed me. I already stated what I thought the graph implied.

No, incorrect. Again, you are not understanding the principle of the CO2[gas phase]/CO2[aqueous phase] equilibrium properly. The solar constant (not really a constant), is accounted for in the modelling

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Man, you're lucky I got time to burn...
Alarming? no. You are trying to force-feed me. I already stated what I thought the graph implied.

Do you notice the absence of the Medieval Warm Period AND the Little Ice Age? Why is one of the warmist and coldest times in recent history left out? The MWP was WARMER than today, and the warmer temps since the 1840s is because we are coming out of the LIA...
The data on the MWP an LIA was left out on purpose to create the hockey stick graph. So these guys who in their own emails admit they left data out to "get rid of the MWP" are the very scientists you are buying your AGW info from?!?

Attachments

• lambh23.jpg
    lambh23.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 9
This thread has turned into "circular arguments with Pixelsmith."

no it hasn't. oh wait.... you simply subscribe to "the debate is over" crowd of "scientists"... please review the Scientific Method and tell me how it applies to the AGW consensus.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Romulans!!!
No Way!:eek:

backed into a corner huh? pretty typical of your group to avoid debate in any way you can... just like your leader Al Gore.

Do you notice the absence of the Medieval Warm Period AND the Little Ice Age? Why is one of the warmist and coldest times in recent history left out? The MWP was WARMER than today, and the warmer temps since the 1840s is because we are coming out of the LIA... The data on the MWP an LIA was left out on purpose to create the hockey stick graph. So these guys who in their own emails admit they left data out to "get rid of the MWP" are the very scientists you are buying your AGW info from?!?
And this in no way invalidates the previous modelling/data. Again, this is another strawman argument to attack the original concept. These types of arguments seem to be very common these days, I see them being used here against greenhouse effect modelling, the same way I see them being used against the Jerusalem UFO videos.

no it hasn't. oh wait.... you simply subscribe to "the debate is over" crowd of "scientists"... please review the Scientific Method and tell me how it applies to the AGW consensus.

Pixelsmith, you really just read what you want to read. You make the same arguments over and over again and when someone points you to something, you say it's useless.
You show nothing of substance when it comes to providing proof that refutes the consensus that the scientific community has reached.

And you always end it off with a mention of Al Gore. You need to go back and reassess the statements you make.

Here's a great site that refutes every talking point a climate change denier will make.

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: Responses to the most common skeptical arguments on global warming | A Grist Special Series | Grist

Pixelsmith, you really just read what you want to read. You make the same arguments over and over again and when someone points you to something, you say it's useless.
You show nothing of substance when it comes to providing proof that refutes the consensus that the scientific community has reached.

And you always end it off with a mention of Al Gore. You need to go back and reassess the statements you make.

Al Gore is the one who presented this fraudulent hockey stick graph that has now helped to expose the AGW movement for what it is... a big scam.

Al Gore is the one who presented this fraudulent hockey stick graph that has now helped to expose the AGW movement for what it is... a big scam.

And I have stated many times that some of the information presented in his movie is alarmist and inaccurate. That does not change the fact that climate change is happening. Do you see that?

I like Al... he got out of politics for a reason. Our system is so messed up.

Gee Pixels.. am I backed into a corner, or do I understand how futile it is to discuss this with you?
I see a brick wall, perhaps I should hit my head against it.. no.. don't want to talk about this anymore.:shy: I'd much rather hear about your car accidents... and the lightening strike.. what was that like?

I like Al... he got out of politics for a reason. Our system is so messed up.

Gee Pixels.. am I backed into a corner, or do I understand how futile it is to discuss this with you?
I see a brick wall, perhaps I should hit my head against it.. no.. don't want to talk about this anymore.:shy: I'd much rather hear about your car accidents... and the lightening strike.. what was that like?

I like Al too. You guys need more people like him down there and less people like Glenn Beck.

less people like Glenn Beck
There has to be something in the water here. It's really sad what's going on in this country today. And my husband is too old by 2 years to relocate to Canada. :(

Wow... we have very clear proof via email admissions of tampering with data to achieve the Hockey Stick graph, clear proof via email admissions of controlling the peer review process, clear proof via admissions of misappropriations of funding, clear proof that in the past 1000 years of much warmer AND much colder temps BEFORE human CO2 contributions via the Industrial Age, etc etc etc... YET you cling to fraudulent graphs and non scientific practices that are dictating global policies that will eventually kill millions of people who need electricity to remove themselves from 3rd world poverty....

how the heck do you sleep at night?

you guys are f'd up.

There has to be something in the water here. It's really sad what's going on in this country today. And my husband is too old by 2 years to relocate to Canada. :(

Wait! What? There is an age limit? What?

I like what y'all did to Pixie's attempted Matlock maneuver. Nice. Yeah, I know, you could see it coming miles away through a thick brown cloud, but still I admire that you took the effort. He hates it when you do that.

Wow... we have very clear proof via email admissions of tampering with data to achieve the Hockey Stick graph, clear proof via email admissions of controlling the peer review process, clear proof via admissions of misappropriations of funding, clear proof that in the past 1000 years of much warmer AND much colder temps BEFORE human CO2 contributions via the Industrial Age, etc etc etc... YET you cling to fraudulent graphs and non scientific practices that are dictating global policies that will eventually kill millions of people who need electricity to remove themselves from 3rd world poverty....

how the heck do you sleep at night?

you guys are f'd up.

The answers to all that and more are clearly outlined on the website I posted. There's even a handy sidebar that lists same arguments you make and why they are completely wrong.

The answers to all that and more are clearly outlined on the website I posted. There's even a handy sidebar that lists same arguments you make and why they are completely wrong.

You obviously do not know who investigated the CRU..

All this is dialogue is really not necessary as the scam has already been exposed. The AGW movement is all but dead and the fat lady is finishing her song... AGW is now known as one of the greatest scams in history besides the invention of god.

Wait! What? There is an age limit? What?

Yes there is! And my H is in a field that actually needs workers. Me heck graphic artist are like a plague upon the earth :)

Sorry Pixie Twist, I think we are bored.. *yawn*

Angelo, you think you can sneak us across the border??

You obviously do not know who investigated the CRU..

All this is dialogue is really not necessary as the scam has already been exposed. The AGW movement is all but dead and the fat lady is finishing her song... AGW is now known as one of the greatest scams in history besides the invention of god.

Just keep telling yourself that and it'll be so. You know, you could change my mind by posting an article from this decade from a reputable outlet, journal, magazine, or website.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Yes there is! And my H is in a field that actually needs workers. Me heck graphic artist are like a plague upon the earth :)

Sorry Pixie Twist, I think we are bored.. *yawn*

Angelo, you think you can sneak us across the border??

I'm not sure where you got this information about an age limit. Go to the source for all your answers:

Canadian Citizenship

Also, not to be a party pooper, but lets stick to the topic that this thread has degenerated into :) You can PM me.

From the site:

If you are between the ages of 18 and 54 inclusively, you will have to take a citizenship test based on the content of this booklet. The test may be written, oral or both. The test will help determine if you meet the language and knowledge requirements for citizenship.

People 55 years of age and older do not need to take the test, although you will be scheduled to appear at the local office for a review of the originals (personal identification, immigration documents, etc.) of the photocopies you submitted with your application and your passport or travel documents relevant to the four years preceding your application.

If you meet all the requirements for citizenship, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony where you will take the oath of citizenship and receive your citizenship certificate. At the ceremony, you may choose to either swear on a holy book or to affirm the oath of citizenship. If you choose to swear the oath on a holy book, please bring it with you to the ceremony.

I'll have to talk to the H about it.. he said he missed it.. by 2 years.. he said he looked into it. Hmmm... maybe he just doesn't want to move..

Back