• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Thanks, Internet! Conspiracy theorists (and skeptics) thrive online

So... CO2 is all you are concerned about then?

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Tell me about CO2 and how it is causing the world to over heat and oceans to rise. This should be good.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

The Green Agenda is a pretty good read that should help you and others understand.

“The common enemy of humanity is man.
In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up
with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming,
water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these
dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through
changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome.
The real enemy then, is humanity itself."
- Club of Rome

The Green Agenda - The First Global Revolution

I don't think you can take people out of the climate change equation... For example, deforestation... that is pretty much people... deforestation affects climates.. micro and macro. How about the Gulf.. serious damage has been done to environments that will never come back. New Orleans and the devastated wetlands that once protected it. Italy was once covered in trees.
The giant fishing nets that drudge the bottoms of the ocean floor doing damage to eco systems that will take decades, if not centuries more to recover.. Plastic islands floating in the sea. Albatross and other animals eat said plastic and die from it. Acidification of the sea. Dead Zones in the sea becoming larger and happening more often. Fish going extinct for christ sake FISH. They have the whole fucking ocean. Blue Fin Tuna will soon be a thing of the past. Extinctions happening at insanely rapid rates. The Smokey Mountains, once a beautiful thing to behold is hideous when you fly over them and see all the mining damage. Holes in the ozone layer, acid rain, the everglades are now essentially dead.. they depend on a complex system of water that is continuously drained..
Sorry.. we are destroying the planet and we are doing it very very fast. I've been here long enough to see the destruction and compare it to a past.

We live in a closed system. Climate change is not only dependent on CO2. There are many systems failing right now. The thing that really bothers me is the acidification of the oceans.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

The Green Agenda is a pretty good read that should help you and others understand.

Let me get this straight, your going to demonize a community that would rather learn to live with the earth, as opposed to destroy it? REALLY?

people will not be here long. another natural catastrophic event will come along (as they always do) and wipe us out. what serious damage has the Gulf endured? do you know anything about the natural oil leaks in the gulf OR the natural organisms that consume petroleum by products that leak naturally or by accidents?
Acidification of the sea?!? ok now you are showing your lack of knowledge. Extinctions? lol... yup not a good thing to think about but something that has been going on for millions of years WITHOUT humans present. Ozone layer??? are you kidding me? We probably have very little more to discuss, you have a LOT of research to do buddy.
We are NOT destroying the planet. Yes there are a number of things we can do to clean things up but we are not destroying the planet. The Planet itself does more "damage" than humans.
You live in a closed mind not a closed system.

I'm a Floridian. I've seen the damage... drink some more BP kool-aid.. apparently you enjoy benzene and other hydrocarbons in your water.

I don't think you can take people out of the climate change equation... For example, deforestation... that is pretty much people... deforestation affects climates.. micro and macro. How about the Gulf.. serious damage has been done to environments that will never come back. New Orleans and the devastated wetlands that once protected it. Italy was once covered in trees.
The giant fishing nets that drudge the bottoms of the ocean floor doing damage to eco systems that will take decades, if not centuries more to recover.. Plastic islands floating in the sea. Albatross and other animals eat said plastic and die from it. Acidification of the sea. Dead Zones in the sea becoming larger and happening more often. Fish going extinct for christ sake FISH. They have the whole fucking ocean. Blue Fin Tuna will soon be a thing of the past. Extinctions happening at insanely rapid rates. The Smokey Mountains, once a beautiful thing to behold is hideous when you fly over them and see all the mining damage. Holes in the ozone layer, acid rain, the everglades are now essentially dead.. they depend on a complex system of water that is continuously drained..
Sorry.. we are destroying the planet and we are doing it very very fast. I've been here long enough to see the destruction and compare it to a past.

We live in a closed system. Climate change is not only dependent on CO2. There are many systems failing right now. The thing that really bothers me is the acidification of the oceans.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Let me get this straight, your going to demonize a community that would rather learn to live with the earth, as opposed to destroy it? REALLY?

You and the AGW community are demonizing HUMANS. We HUMANS are natural earthly beings. WE belong here just as all living things before us. In a million years the continents will have collided again and all we have here will be under water or under a continental plate. We are a mere annoyance at best to this planet, much like a gnat or mosquito is to us.

I'm a Floridian. I've seen the damage... drink some more BP kool-aid.. apparently you enjoy benzene and other hydrocarbons in your water.

then you should know about the 600+ NATURAL oil leaks in the Gulf... right?

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Enough said.
There is nothing more to discuss.

Sounds familiar... "the debate is over" is commonly used by people that know little of what they speak. Where have you heard it used before?!? hmmmm.

Sounds familiar... "the debate is over" is commonly used by people that know little of what they speak. Where have you heard it used before?!? hmmmm.
master baiter

hak do you have a car? do you use electricity? do you fly on airplanes? do you consume food that you did not grow yourself? do you make your own clothes? do you use a computer? do you have ANYTHING mass produced by humans? do you use medicine?

If you answered yes to even one question, you are right... there is nothing more to discuss. You, like all warmists I have met, are a hypocrite.

I have a smart car that gets 35-50 mpg and a 49 cc Aprilla scooter that gets 120 miles to the gallon, I also have a garden ORGANIC. I recycle.. I do the best I can to eliminate as much environmental harm as I can.
I was a vegetarian for 10 years till I developed an illness.. I rarely fly. but that wouldn't mater because everyone else i know does. I do take public transportation and try to buy local when I can.
Our society is not set up to be sustainable.. that's the problem that's why we have to fuck up the Gulf. What's your point. You want me to go live in the wood somewhere? Sorry I can't I have to take meds 3x a day. I do freelance work for an environmental company. What is your point? I'm not perfect.. OMG what a surprise.
Enjoy your Hummer.. maybe you can drive over one of those aborted baby dolphins that have been washing up on the beaches in the Gulf lately. And what about the human cost of the BP disaster.... we can talk about that if you want. Lots of people are already sick from that oil. Not to mention the jobs and businesses they have lost. Or in the case of New Orleans.. a city went underwater.. oh well too bad.

Any concern or debate over global warming, the rise and fall of tin pot dictators, political maneuvering, and the price of oil will be rendered null and void unless we (globally) shake ourselves awake and rise to the aid of the Japanese people and damn soon. They are in shock at every level. They are hamstrung by an earthquake, tsunami, and their very culture. They are clearly unable to cope with the nuclear disaster. We might as well be arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic for all the good any other concern will amount to if the 6 nuclear reactors in crisis are not dealt with and soon. Tell me I'm over-reacting if you want to but I cannot for the life of me think of much else right now. I guess it's a good thing to distract oneself with something else if you can. Yeah ... global warming. It's like bad bad shit. OOOooooOOooOoh my we need to unplug the damn coffee makers and check the air in our tires.

Pardon my cynical attitude and my off topic comments. I'll get over it ...I guess.

I'm from Alabama and people form the Gulf States Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Louisanna and Texas have seen the damage BP did. So, yeah we may be a little knee jerk. I don't think "humans" are responsible for global warming because I think it's a natural cycle. But, we absolutely have an impact. But, until the big corporations release their stranglehold (which I don't see happening anytime soon) we will have very little to no impact just by turning in our SUV or car pooling. I did hear today that the radtion has reached the East and the Southeast in the U.S.

I have a smart car that gets 35-50 mpg and a 49 cc Aprilla scooter that gets 120 miles to the gallon, I also have a garden ORGANIC. I recycle.. I do the best I can to eliminate as much environmental harm as I can.
I was a vegetarian for 10 years till I developed an illness.. I rarely fly. but that wouldn't mater because everyone else i know does. I do take public transportation and try to buy local when I can.
Our society is not set up to be sustainable.. that's the problem that's why we have to fuck up the Gulf. What's your point. You want me to go live in the wood somewhere? Sorry I can't I have to take meds 3x a day. I do freelance work for an environmental company. What is your point? I'm not perfect.. OMG what a surprise.
Enjoy your Hummer.. maybe you can drive over one of those aborted baby dolphins that have been washing up on the beaches in the Gulf lately. And what about the human cost of the BP disaster.... we can talk about that if you want. Lots of people are already sick from that oil. Not to mention the jobs and businesses they have lost. Or in the case of New Orleans.. a city went underwater.. oh well too bad.

There you go... a smart car is a dumb car. Do you realize how your batteries are made and how much energy is used to produce them? My 1947 Plymouth is FAR "greener" than your car. It has been on the road for 64 years getting 20-25 mpg. It will be around for another 65 years long after your "smart" car is dead and gone. Just the fact you have a car and a scooter makes you a hypocrite. You are "destroying" the planet because of the mining done to make your batteries. BTW an argument can be made that a Hummer is more green than your smart car.

Our society is NEVER going to be sustainable. The "sustainable" energies you are in favor of probably are subsidized as well.

The loss of life and income in the Gulf is unfortunate I agree. The flooding in NOLA is unfortunate, I went there and helped clean up while on a vacation there. But you know what? If you live on the coast UNDER sea level.... well.... duh.

I know you are well meaning, you just dont know enough about what you believe in.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

sorry my post are disjointed, i have a lot of irons in the fire today.

pixel twist.. you might want to look up the specs on a smart car. You have an amazing ability to open mouth and insert foot.

Any concern or debate over global warming, the rise and fall of tin pot dictators, political maneuvering, and the price of oil will be rendered null and void unless we (globally) shake ourselves awake and rise to the aid of the Japanese people and damn soon. They are in shock at every level. They are hamstrung by an earthquake, tsunami, and their very culture. They are clearly unable to cope with the nuclear disaster. We might as well be arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic for all the good any other concern will amount to if the 6 nuclear reactors in crisis are not dealt with and soon. Tell me I'm over-reacting if you want to but I cannot for the life of me think of much else right now. I guess it's a good thing to distract oneself with something else if you can. Yeah ... global warming. It's like bad bad shit. OOOooooOOooOoh my we need to unplug the damn coffee makers and check the air in our tires.

Pardon my cynical attitude and my off topic comments. I'll get over it ...I guess.

It is my thread and you can say whatever you want as far as I am concerned.

Yes Japan is hurting bad, from what I hear from other friends in contact with people there is personal hygiene kits. Our group of Blues Music fans are putting together kits to send over there. I have friends there I cannot get in touch with.

btw... WHY would they or any country build a reactor on a major fault line?

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

pixel twist.. you might want to look up the specs on a smart car. You have an amazing ability to open mouth and insert foot.

ohh... is your smart car one of those dual fuel ethanol jobs?

hak: I was considering getting a scooter, but I went for an eGO electric scooter (http://www.egovehicles.com/) I have had it for about 7 years, and it is great! Of course it gets less mileage than a gas scooter, but with 35 miles between charges, and a 120 common household outlet, it is too easy to drive it to work and just plug it in, and let it charge. I had only one person who complained that I was "stealing" electricity from work until I told them that it cost 7 cents to fully charge the bike, and I would gladly give the company a check for $18 dollars a year for the power. My next project is to hook up the solar panels I have been saving to the transfer switch at my house in order to use more solar power. Our family doesn't even notice the electrical transfer, and it is a cool hobby. pb
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

I bet your smart car doesnt last 10 years.
I bet you dont last 20 seconds when a SUV runs into you.

My old 1947 Plymouth business coupe could almost fit that smart car in the trunk. You will never convince me that your car is "greener" than my old coupe.

For Trainedobserver

[video]<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-5968506788418521112&hl=en&fs=true" style="width: 400px; height: 326px;" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> [/video]

About Chernobyl it's pretty darn interesting.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

You will never convince me that your car is "greener" than my old coupe.
That's pretty obvious.

try again and again and again .. yawn

ok tell me... where do your batteries come from? where was your smart car made? where fossil fuels or electricity involved? how many years will it last? 5, 10... i know it will never last over 65 years... so who's car is more green?

try again to show me how "green" your car is.

Back