• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Should dB quit The Paracast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this might as well get dealt with here and now...

I have indeed stepped away from the show, for my own personal reasons. Next week's episode is the last with me.

Thanks to everyone for listening, I've appreciated all your support over the last few years. I'm sure Gene will do fine moving the show forward, and I hope you'll all continue enjoying it.

dB

Please don't, is all I have to say to that.
I respect your decision of course, but a short or long hiatus might do wonders as well.I think we all know that Gene is an awesome host on his own, but something would seriously be missing.

I have indeed stepped away from the show, for my own personal reasons. Next week's episode is the last with me.

Thanks to everyone for listening, I've appreciated all your support over the last few years. I'm sure Gene will do fine moving the show forward, and I hope you'll all continue enjoying it.

dB

David,

I hope you change your mind. I don't know what happened to make you do this but it must be something bad. There was a time when I wanted to walk away from everything after the end of a relationship with someone I thought was my dream girl. This was when I landed a dream job too. It was hard to enjoy success with a broken heart . The only suggestion I can give is to keep busy and focus on your career whether it is with the Paracast or not.

My position is that David is on hiatus for personal reasons and I respect his decision. The door is open for his return. Meantime I will work with guest co-hosts.

I will miss him terribly and I hope his voice of reason will be heard again soon.

Can't help but chuckle.

Both David and Jeff Ritzmann are stepping away from their respective podcasts at the same time for the same reasons.

It's a synchronicity man.

"You never know what's going to happen next" I guess :(

Very sad to hear this David, but you know what I am delighted for you. I love you buddie and from the bottom of my heart I wish you peace and happiness.

I think the OP's observations are wise words indeed and you have to think about number 1 for now. What you and Gene have built with the show is truly a massive step forward IMO as far as looking into all this nonsense goes.
Forget "answers" for now, that may never happen. The thing I am eternally grateful to you both for is the questions and the critical thinking, the obvious tools for the job that so many forget.
Knowing how your involvement in all this has impacted on your life, this decision though painful for many of us had to come sooner or later and I'm glad you are still sane and strong enough to have made it. I could ramble on for ages but I wont.

Just remember if there is a God I'm sure she dosen't want you to have a bad life. If however that's not the case and she get's Biedny'd then save a piece for me, it's good to share.

Peace and guitars,

Mark

Well, this might as well get dealt with here and now... I have indeed stepped away from the show, for my own personal reasons. Next week's episode is the last with me. Thanks to everyone for listening, I've appreciated all your support over the last few years. I'm sure Gene will do fine moving the show forward, and I hope you'll all continue enjoying it. dB

Hey David, News of your departure from the show has prompted me to join the forums to say a quick thank you.

I discovered your podcast by accident, having long turned my back on all things paranormal due to the never ending flow of snake oil and doe-eyed believers. I'm an Atheist who has has 'experiences' that I suppose one could describe as poltergeist activity and ghostly interactions earlier on in my life. I don't know what to make of them but discovering the Paracast gave me hope that these subjects could be discussed intelligently and without having to jump into any particular label or belief system.

One of the main revelations of hearing this podcast was yourself, David. You seemed to be saying all the things I'd been dying for someone to say for years and airing all the frustrations I have had with this topic. A voice of logic, reason and a yearning to understand and not just 'believe'. You, Gene and (some of) your guests have reignited my interest in the esoteric and given me hope that there is intelligent life on our planet.

I love the Paracast and have a deep admiration for what you and Gene are trying to do with the show. I will miss your unique input. Good night and good luck.

Lee

It is sad but not surprising to hear of dB's departure from the show. David, you are a brilliant man and I have learned so much from you - thank you and best of luck. You will be missed.

Dave,
Thank you for raising the bar and calling out "the noise" for what it is. I wish you only the best in all your future endeavors.

There is so much bullshit that comes with this subject I Often wonder why do we bother. There is very little reward for what we are doing, it takes up lot of our free time, and to be honest I can't see how this subject wouldn't harm your professional career. Anyone this day's, can type your name into the Google box, and up pop's your name. I have good job and respect among my fellow workers. I really don't know how they would react to me, if they knew I had an Interest in this subject. David has put his name out there from Day one. Have to respect him for that.
Privately I have told some forum members my real name.

I want to wish David all the best. We haven't been buddies or anything like that. But I respect him and respect his mind. I believe he will take the time and hopefully some day he will come back to this topic again. Gene it going to be hard to continue, but we are loyal listeners. So I will continue listening to this show until you decide to end it for whatever reason.

The Paracast will continue. I've been in and out of this field for years, and got banged over the head more than a few times as a result. But I'm still here. :)

I gotta say that I'll be a little pissed if the reason turns out to be having rondeal with morons online. Both in this forum and elsewhere.

However if it's how your personal & pro life have been affected by engaging this subject every week then I obviously understand that and respect it.

I gotta say that I'll be a little pissed if the reason turns out to be having rondeal with morons online. Both in this forum and elsewhere.

However if it's how your personal & pro life have been affected by engaging this subject every week then I obviously understand that and respect it.

I agree if it's personal then I wish the best to ya David. Thanks for the time and effort you put into it. However, to all the "dealing with morons" folks. What world to you live in? You've never ever had to deal with life or idiots? Wow! I envy you! Sheeeesh! Thicken up your skins a little bit. I've known moronic athiest and moronic Christians and moronic bosses and moronic teachers. I guess part of it is having been born with a cleft lip and pallet. I had to learn at an early age about "morons" and if I had hidden in a shell or just locked the door to my room then I would have already (and I'm 50+) have had to die. It's amazing to me how "fragile" folks in this world have become. The Christians wanna save us from hell. The athiest wanna save us from our own worldview. The ancestors of folks who were brought here in chains and suffered "massive" hurt can't stand to hear anything that might upset em. The conservatives want free speech unless it's a liberal talking. The liberals want free speech unless it's a conservative talking. Everybody is so "shocked" at words and so offended that they need to send folks to "senseibiiltiy training." I'm so sorry it's so hard to live life and have to put up with other humans! Sheesh! End of rant!

"Get Over It!" ....The Eagles!

My position is that David is on hiatus for personal reasons and I respect his decision. The door is open for his return. Meantime I will work with guest co-hosts.

I will miss him terribly and I hope his voice of reason will be heard again soon.

Extremely big shoes to fill, but I can volunteer to help out a bit if you'd like. I had my own monthly radio show for five years in Colorado. I'm not sure I can do the loony voices, but I can ask pointed, probing questions. *smile*

My thanks to David for his wisdom, brilliance and courage that have helped make this show the very best of its kind. Don't stay away too long, my friend.

I'd be happy to help out with any new jingles . I guess now they'll just say " You're in the Paracast with Gene Steinberg " ......?

dB

Wow, nice mushroom cloud there.

Well this sucks for all of us and the entire Paranormal world, to be sure.

For you, I truly hope that whatever your goal is in doing this is fulfilled. Enjoyed listening to you. Now Gene must find another "bad cop" for the "good cop, bad cop" routine. ;)

Best of luck to you, David. I, for one, certainly hope that you return to the show in the future.

Now, dealing with the reality of David leaving, my .02 (if it's worth even that much) on suggestions for co-hosts:

Don Ecker (such a natural fit)
Christopher O'Brien (never heard him, but seems reasonable in posts and has radio experience AND offered to help)
Schuyler (throwing that out there, seems uniquely qualified with healthy skepticism)

Damn !

The 'Johnny Carson' of the paranormal is leaving !!!! :eek:

I must be in another dimension, where did I leave my aluminum hat !!! Argghhhhh I have to get back !

:( .... will be sorely missed.

The Paracast will continue. I've been in and out of this field for years, and got banged over the head more than a few times as a result. But I'm still here. :)

I'm glad to hear that. Not that you've been banged around but that you are still here. I regret that D.B. is leaving. I have just recently discovered paracast and have been enjoying listening to the archives and reading the forum. Your incorporation of the ufowatchdog material just endears the whole thing to me immensely.

D.B. is a great contributor but while listening to things like the Bill Birnes episode where he flipped out over Bill's mention of John Lear a bit extreme and caused me to wonder if he was loosing his perspective. I think anyone (including myself) that has bucked the mainstream UFO horseshit in any forum has gotten the "you're a disinformation agent", "you're CIA, NSA, NRO" party line. It is the knee-jerk reaction of idiots. Hell, Bill Cooper accused John Lear of being a CIA or NSA operative after Lear confronted him about the O.H. Krill lies.

I have had zero experiences that I could say were paranormal. I've scared the crap out of myself on more than one occasion but nothing that wasn't explainable in hindsight. Therefore I cannot actually relate to what D.B. is going through. I wish you all the luck in the world D.B. and thank you for your contributions in attempting make sense out of this dodgy business.

Bummer. dB and I have had our spats but I still admire him for his contributions to the digital and paranormal fields. Thank You David! Hope to see you back on The Paracast in the very near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back