• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Should dB quit The Paracast?

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Crowell

Paranormal Annoyance
I may become one of the most hated people on the forums for this post, but I think something needs to be said. Bottom line is, I was very taken back by David's comments during this weeks Paracast episode, specifically how much stress his paranormal experiences have caused him throughout the course of his life. You could hear the stress in his voice as he laid out how up-rooting his experiences had been, to the point he wished he had never had them at all.

I believe David teamed up with Gene to create The Paracast for therapeutic reasons; to talk about his experiences and air them out, maybe to get other opinions or insight from other peoples' events and stories, and perhaps that would, in turn, give him some understanding of his own experiences. However, as the show goes on, it becomes blindingly apparent that this is not what has occurred for Mr. Biedny. In fact the exact opposite has happened. He's become embittered and very frustrated at the sheer volume of stupidity and blind-sidedness that occurs in this field of study.

Anybody who's looked into a paranormal discipline for any length of time gets to that point. I think we all can acknowledge that research and study into this type of interest can drive a person into a downward spiral, mentally and emotionally. There are clear examples of this happening (John Keel is just one), though I'm not saying this is what may happen to David. It's still extremely worrying that he's under this type of stress for these events and participating on The Paracast is only compounding the stress I believe.

So, that being said, it's my humble opinion that David step away from The Paracast, and the paranormal in general, for sometime. I know that for those of us who admire him and know he does this field a great service in exposure and filtering "signal from noise" in the end we have to understand that a persons emotional and mental well being are far more important. I think stepping away from the Paracast and immersing himself in his other interests for a length of time will help David quite a bit in several ways.

In my experience, walking away from paranormal investigation tends to 'turn off' any paranormal experiences you may be having, or at least suspends them in a sort of out of sight/out of mind fashion. Another trend we see regarding the paranormal is that people who do walk away from it for several months or even years are drawn back in, eventually, but with a renewed outlook and interest, so even if David does drift away from the paranormal community it doesn't mean he may not ever be back. Either way, I believe if he continues along this path it will become increasingly difficult, stressful, and embittering to him.

*end rant*

J.

You fall off that horse, you get back on. Dave ain't no pussy.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I'm by no means implying that David's a pussy, but this horse is not one you just "fall off of." This horse drags you for miles and miles, endlessly. You have to cut the reigns and let the horse get away for a time, then walk back up to it, slowly, before getting back on. It's not a sign of weakness, it's a sign of acknowledgment that this shit just get's to people, whether it's David Biedny or us weekend-warriors.

J.

You have travel and suffer if you want to marry the Jinn Princess.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

As much as I absolutely love Gene and his warm presence , and know full well he could handle the show single-handed , I think the Paracast would lose a TON of listeners if David were to ever quit the show.
Our two gracious hosts share a wonderful chemistry, and it really comes through in the episodes.

Imagine if Mick Jagger quit the stones and the rest of the band carried on with Keith Richards as the frontman. It would be entertaining sure, but not the same.

Sorry, but the Paracast for me , works as a double act. We get hard questions delivered with no bullshit , and straight up, intelligent thought provoking topics that captivate me every week.

I can't imagine not listening to the Paracast with David as co-host ..... man....Imagine a parallel universe where the Paracast was hosted by Michael Salla and " He Who Shall Not Be Named ". Ughhhhh ( shudder )

Why are we even speculating about this? In my view, this is a somewhat odd thread absent specific statements by David on the stress the show creates.

No he shouldn't. I enjoy this show weekly and what David has to say. Not that I always agree with him, but think he does a great job with the show.

Why are we even speculating about this? In my view, this is a somewhat odd thread absent specific statements by David on the stress the show creates.

IMO, DB is in full control of his mental faculties. If he's had enough, he'll quit. If he's getting anything positive out of the show he'll continue. I've never had an 'experiences' and I tire of this subject quite quickly nowadays - there's very little in the way of new information; just lots of 'showbiz' noise (I don't mean the Paracast, I mean generally).

Well, this might as well get dealt with here and now...

I have indeed stepped away from the show, for my own personal reasons. Next week's episode is the last with me.

Thanks to everyone for listening, I've appreciated all your support over the last few years. I'm sure Gene will do fine moving the show forward, and I hope you'll all continue enjoying it.

dB

Aw no :(. Very sorry to hear this, David. I'll miss you. As you clearly feel that stepping away is the right thing to do, I wish you all the very best in doing so. I hope we'll still hear from you on the forum. Take care, and I hope that one day, you'll feel that returning is the right thing to do. Thank you for everything you've put into the show.

Well, this might as well get dealt with here and now...

I have indeed stepped away from the show, for my own personal reasons. Next week's episode is the last with me.

Thanks to everyone for listening, I've appreciated all your support over the last few years. I'm sure Gene will do fine moving the show forward, and I hope you'll all continue enjoying it.

dB

Oh wow..I wasn't expecting to be reading this today :-( This is awful news, but I respect your decision.
Best of luck with your future endeavours and huge thanks for all you put into the show.
I do hope you'll come back if and when you're ready.
If anyone can carry the torch and keep The Paracast going it's Gene .

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back