• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Photos from your area..

Goggs Mackay

Administrator
Staff member
I was inspired to take some phots last night and I thought wouldn't it be nice if anyone reading this thread took a one or two photos from the vicinity of where they live?
Please grab a photo on your phone or camera and post.

These were taken a couple of hundred yards from where I live.

20130501_191431.jpg
20130501_191150.jpg

Brilliant Idea!

That second photo really struck at me as it looks very much like my childhood "playground".

Brilliant Idea!

That second photo really struck at me as it looks very much like my childhood "playground".

Thanks Mulder -I figured it would be really interesting to actually see the surroundings of forum members - considering members literally span the globe, if people participate, we should get some fantastic and varied scenes.
Whether you live on a farm or an apartment in Hell's Kitchen NY, I want a photo or two!

Really Hope Mike and Stoney join in, for some Oz and Middle Earth to be included too.

Get clicking and posting friends.....:)

I'll try and get some worthwhile ones this weekend.
Yours look very similar to New Zealand.

For example Dunedin University

University-Campus.jpg

I did have an ulterior motive for using this picture as this one featured a cool looking cumulonimbus ( I think) offset by a palm tree during some unusual inclimate spring wx for us in so cal. I also took a few sunset ones I'll post in the cloud thread that some thoughtful person started.

uploadfromtaptalk1368207312502.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368207369805.jpg

I was inspired to take some phots last night and I thought wouldn't it be nice if anyone reading this thread took a one or two photos from the vicinity of where they live?

20130501_191431.jpg
20130501_191150.jpg

I feel like I am looking at either Christchurch or Dunedin Goggs

How it used to look

07-christchurch-catherdral-night_tcm7-15140.jpg

How it looks now

the_christchurch_cathedral_post_earthquakes_photo__4e1ea9c0d0.JPG

We locals are fighting to save it... I am a non theist and I am helping as well..... its not about the religion it is the local heritage that defines this place.

Christchurch.jpg

Right in the center of the City

Christchurch-41.jpg

Avon River in the City Center... Reason it is called the Garden City

What a cool idea! I'll share, even though my area is no where near as exciting as most of what was already posted (at least the areas I have photos of :D):

These pics are from McConnells Mills State Park which is pretty close by. We visit when we can:
Picture021_zps2a9fbbd2.jpg

Picture030_zps88614f02.jpg

And this is Buttermilk Falls which is about five minutes from where we live:

(the handsome young man in the lower, right corner is my baby brother :eek:):
Seanlurkingintheshadowsofthefalls_zps9db30dce.jpg

Thefalls_zps08142bc8.jpg

And this is the view from my backyard in winter:
BackYardAftertheSnowStorm_zpsd0c76f78.jpg

And the front during the same season:
IcicleView2_zpsbd88cedb.jpg

And another backyard pic during summer (with a rainbow - and a little vibrant filter to make it feel more Wizard of Oz-like :p):
DSCF1526_zpsa7f54de0.jpg

And a little video I did just for fun while I was home alone during a pretty wicked storm last summer (it's rather uneventful and my camera wasn't meant to take those kinds of shots, but the music is worth it I think :D):

What a cool idea! I'll share, even though my area is no where near as exciting as most of what was already posted (at least the areas I have photos of :D):

These pics are from McConnells Mills State Park which is pretty close by. We visit when we can:
Picture021_zps2a9fbbd2.jpg

Picture030_zps88614f02.jpg

And this is Buttermilk Falls which is about five minutes from where we live:

(the handsome young man in the lower, right corner is my baby brother :eek:):
Seanlurkingintheshadowsofthefalls_zps9db30dce.jpg

Thefalls_zps08142bc8.jpg

And this is the view from my backyard in winter:
BackYardAftertheSnowStorm_zpsd0c76f78.jpg

And the front during the same season:
IcicleView2_zpsbd88cedb.jpg

And another backyard pic during summer (with a rainbow - and a little vibrant filter to make it feel more Wizard of Oz-like :p):
DSCF1526_zpsa7f54de0.jpg

And a little video I did just for fun while I was home alone during a pretty wicked storm last summer (it's rather uneventful and my camera wasn't meant to take those kinds of shots, but the music is worth it I think :D):

WOW that is just stunning

I was inspired to take some phots last night and I thought wouldn't it be nice if anyone reading this thread took a one or two photos from the vicinity of where they live?...These were taken a couple of hundred yards from where I live.\
A beautifully idyllic setting! I'd love to visit...

WOW that is just stunning

Thanks. :D I should show an updated one with the view form my back yard. It's rather sad because they started clear cutting the hillside, so it looks all shaved off and crappy now. :( It's really pretty in autumn when the trees turn, well it used to be anyway. Luckily our goal is not to live here indefinitely, we need more space and less development. :confused:

20130501_191431.jpg
20130501_191150.jpg

Goggs, that last one looks perfect for an afternoon picnic! :)

Prescott%20&%20Sedona_PH2.gif
tzoo.g.60785.9612.sedonaredrock1.jpg
sedona.gif
]]\
me on the vortex1.jpg
1. Montezuma's Castle Nat. Monument (2 miles north from my house)
2. Schnebly Hill looking southwest into the Verde Valley
3. The view of sunset looking down into Sedona area from "Snoopy Rock"
4. Me on the "Cathedral Rock Vortex"

Wow Chris! I don't think I have ever seen a picture from the south west that didn't look like it was masterfully painted in light and color. I guess it should come as no surprise since Mother Nature is the most skilled artist on the planet. :D

Hey thanks to everyone posting - I hope we can keep adding to this thread as every single forum member has the potential to contribute something new.

Not looking for the 'best' or 'prettiest' pics, it's all about the variety available to us in the world. I wanna see concrete apartment blocks as well as greenbelt areas etc. Whatever is round where you live. It's all about the variety...:D

Back