• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Photos from your area..

Free versions of recent episodes:

Here is where I sometimes go fishing.
dsc00813.jpg
other side of this bridge , this is where i took the picture of the cow (see earlier on this thread), did you not recognise it?

Last edited:
other side of this bridge , this is where i took the picture of the cow (see earlier on this thread), did you not recognise it?

:oops: I do recognise it!
I always like a good coincidence! Talking of such I was thinking of this thread earlier today when I came across this picture:
RecordTrout2.jpg

This is of the largest recorded Trout (caught on rod a reel) in Britain, I find it amazing that it was caught in the New River! (inner London).

Have loved looking at this thread. I have an enormous 'nostalgia' for Australia, even though I've never been there. The pictures have been wonderful to see. Also, an enormous fondness for Scotland.

I am going to do what others have done. Here's a Google Street View of Venice CA near where I live -

Google Maps

and

Google Maps

Last edited:
I was shooting in the backyard with the kids using some pretty old digital cameras but the half decent macro shots you can get with them is pretty slick. It's starting to get cold at nights and there is a noticeable colour shift. Autumn is creeping in already. This is a good time to year to start capturing all the interesting pods that are growing in our baby forest that is on the northern most tip of the larger eco system known as the Carolinian Forest Region. There are more pods to come, weirder ones anyway and that always makes me think of The Invasion of The Body Snatchers (the first two). Next, I'll provide some light paintings.
poddy title.jpg
more pods.jpg blaffernuts.jpg self portrait.jpg
poppy.jpg
These are strictly ornamental.
silverbell pods.jpg
Hop Tree.jpg alien intell.jpg Bees.jpg

Back