• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Philip J. Imbrogno withdrawing from paranormal research!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've sent a message via the contact link on the djinnuniverse.com website asking if Mr. Imbrogno will be making a statement on the circumstances surrounding his departure.

I've sent a message via the contact link on the djinnuniverse.com website asking if Mr. Imbrogno will be making a statement on the circumstances surrounding his departure.

Looks like we'll just have to wait and see if any clarification comes from Mr. Imbrogno. I'm going back through all the old Imbrogno Paracasts and listening to them today.

Rosemary has added the following to Phil's bio on djinnuniverse.com

"I have ended my research and writing collaboration with him."

Oh, come on Gene, you have been around long enough to see a lot of the people involved in this field, shall we say diplomatically
"lose their perspective as it pertains to accepted reality".

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy just lost his precarious grip on the slippery sides of this rabbit hole. What else do you expect if you are involved full time in such a surreal area which is so full of criticism and scorn from other obsessed researchers and self appointed arm chair experts. Now, if the poor guy also experienced a few paranormal events, that alone will drive anyone over the edge trying to find a way to not have to accept the surreal aspects of our existence. With the loss of denial comes insanity.

I had a long talk with Budd Hopkins about this subject a few months before we were on your show. Budd was impressed that I hadn't gone crazy yet and had avoided the standard escape methods of so many he has known over the years. Religion, cults including the space brothers and new age, drugs and alcohol just to name a few.

I don't know this guy, but if the above is the case, all I can say is good luck Phil. It is not easy even for lifers like myself.

Faked his degree, eh? So now I think the question has to be asked, "How many of those personal paranormal stories aren't true either?" Another fraud bites the dust.

Faked his degree, eh? So now I think the question has to be asked, "How many of those personal paranormal stories aren't true either?" Another fraud bites the dust.

I can't believe it truly shocking if true? I was always an admire of his work and still am, but Philip has lost all credibility i am afraid with his personal paranormal stories. It's terrible.

I had heard alot about him and have one of his books on my Kindle right now. I'm not quite so anxious to get to it. Also, noted the book he wrote with Rosemary G. which I'm plodding through right now is basically a rehash of what the Koran says about Djinn. Nothing wrong with that but I could have read it from the Koran or other sources without paying for their book. I don't own a Koran since I'm not Muslim and it is interesting how much is in there about the Djinn but still, their book has not kept my interest. But, I'll try to finish it before I make a final judgement on it. It's a shame and who knows if he will be able to recover.

I had heard alot about him and have one of his books on my Kindle right now. I'm not quite so anxious to get to it. Also, noted the book he wrote with Rosemary G. which I'm plodding through right now is basically a rehash of what the Koran says about Djinn. Nothing wrong with that but I could have read it from the Koran or other sources without paying for their book. I don't own a Koran since I'm not Muslim and it is interesting how much is in there about the Djinn but still, their book has not kept my interest. But, I'll try to finish it before I make a final judgement on it. It's a shame and who knows if he will be able to recover.

I don't think he can recover, by the fact, he was previously in a privileged position to influence how people taught about the paranormal. Him been caught out lying about his education is a big deal, by the fact it shows he is willing to lie to peoples faces about his life and background. I am afraid if true, he has lost all credibility, it sad.

That book never interested me and I said as much previously, its crap stuff.

I don't think he can recover, by the fact, he was previously in a privileged position to influence how people taught about the paranormal. Him been caught out lying about his education is a big deal, by the fact it shows he is willing to lie to peoples faces about his life and background. I am afraid if true, he has lost all credibility, it sad.

That book never interested me and I said as much previously, its crap stuff.

My feelings exactly. I am also absolutely appalled that he was using that position of influence to propagate one of the most terrifying concepts making the rounds right now.

He has invalidated his research. How can anyone tell the truth from the lies? Any real work he may have done is lost to us isn't it?

People should expect to get their references checked from here on out. That should be a new reality within the paranormal research community.

My feelings exactly. I am also absolutely appalled that he was using that position of influence to propagate one of the most terrifying concepts making the rounds right now.

He has invalidated his research. How can anyone tell the truth from the lies? Any real work he may have done is lost to us isn't it?

People should expect to get their references checked from here on out. That should be a new reality within the paranormal research community.

I'm just glad that someone did the research and discovered it.

For the record and full-disclosure it was Lance who first got suspicious of Phil's MIT claim's. Much to his credit, Lance took it upon himself to make the calls and file the paperwork to find out if his intuition was correct. I like that he sensed that something was amiss and checked it out. Who says we don't have a sixth sense :) I heard about it from Gene who asked me to keep it under wraps until we learned more. This all unfolded as I was headed to the San Luis Valley with Rosemary. Ro mentioned that someone had been calling and emailing Phil with questions about his background and I suggested maybe they were on to something and that she make some calls herself. She told me that that she had been to Phil's house and that he had diploma's on the wall and even proudly had an MIT ring on display! Talk about delusional. It appears that even the MIT security logs have no indication that he has ever set foot on the campus, even though he claims he's been involved in engineering/design projects there. Unfortunately, there may be some question about his undergraduate degree from U of Texas, as well. In the interest of journalistic dictum, I too filed a request with verifydegree.com and the results came up negative. That made two confirmations to the original facts that Lance uncovered and we had to announce the story on-the-air.

This is a sad day for the all the truly dedicated investigator/researchers and their fans and I hope that this debacle doesn't impact the field too dramatically. You know the debunkers are going to spew all over this with glee, and some will probably start checking into other well-known investigator's educational backgrounds and bona-fides. Let's weed out all the bad apples before they spoil the entire basket. Hat's off to Lance on this one... :( *grumble*

For the record and full-disclosure it was Lance who first got suspicious of Phil's MIT claim's. Much to his credit, Lance took it upon himself to make the calls and file the paperwork to find out if his intuition was correct. I like that he sensed that something was amiss and checked it out. Who says we don't have a sixth sense :) I heard about it from Gene who asked me to keep it under wraps until we learned more. This all unfolded as I was headed to the San Luis Valley with Rosemary. Ro mentioned that someone had been calling and emailing Phil with questions about his background and I suggested maybe they were on to something and that she make some calls herself. She told me that that she had been to Phil's house and that he had diploma's on the wall and even proudly had an MIT ring on display! Talk about delusional. It appears that even the MIT security logs have no indication that he has ever set foot on the campus, even though he claims he's been involved in engineering/design projects there. Unfortunately, there may be some question about his undergraduate degree from U of Texas, as well. In the interest of journalistic dictum, I too filed a request with verifydegree.com and the results came up negative. That made two confirmations to the original facts that Lance uncovered and we had to announce the story on-the-air.

This is a sad day for the all the truly dedicated investigator/researchers and their fans and I hope that this debacle doesn't impact the field too dramatically. You know the debunkers are going to spew all over this with glee...

You say that about the debunkers, and Lance has been called one many times, but he was very careful about this. He's known about this for months and he kept it under wraps. That should be commended and it shows the integrity that he has.

You say that about the debunkers, and Lance has been called one many times, but he was very careful about this. He's known about this for months and he kept it under wraps. That should be commended and it shows the integrity that he has.
I agree totally Angelo, 100%
I only wish that Lance could be a part of the team -- not an antagonistic adversary trying to bring the field down. He's a good researcher with good "instincts."

Well, at this point, his future here is up to him entirely. He'll have to reach out to us to talk about it further.

I agree totally Angelo, 100%
I only wish that Lance could be a part of the team -- not an antagonistic adversary trying to bring the field down. He's a good researcher with good "instincts."

I agree with him being antagonistic (and he would agree as well), but he does not want to bring the field down. I think he just wants people to see the flaws in the way some people approach it.
Maybe he'll come back and discuss it. I know how careful he was with this information and it would be interesting for people to know about how he worked on it.
Maybe he could be a guest on the show!

This is a sad day for the all the truly dedicated investigator/researchers and their fans and I hope that this debacle doesn't impact the field too dramatically. You know the debunkers are going to spew all over this with glee, and some will probably start checking into other well-known investigator's educational backgrounds and bonafides. Let's weed out all the bad apples before they spoil the entire basket. Hat's off to Lance on this one... :(

I am really disappointed in your word choice there Chris. "...the debunkers are going to spew all over this with glee, and some will probably start checking into other well-known investigator's educational backgrounds ..."

You say that after admitting that Lance sat on this and conducted himself admirably, which kind of makes all that now seem more like a backhanded compliment. Are people who check references now going to given the scornful label of debunkers? Doesn't this incident indicate the great need for more real debunking or whatever term you want to use to describe the skeptical review of claims and journalistic integrity.

This incident has the potential to redefine the paranormal research field if the lessons coming from it are taken to heart.

This incident has the potential to redefine the paranormal research field if the lessons coming from it are taken to heart.
It all boils down to motivation and attitude. Lance's (and other debunkers) ARE doing the field a great service weeding out the bad apples. What I was referring too is the pleasure and glee they obviously get as they smear the entire field (and a lot of dedicated hard work) when they occasionally find a chink in the armor i.e., expose frauds, shoddy research, etc. I don't mind the crap getting weeded out-- it needs to be--I don't like their attitude and motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back