• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Philip J. Imbrogno withdrawing from paranormal research!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainedobserver

Paranormally Disenchanted
In Phil Imbrogno's author bio on djinnuniverse.com Rosemary Ellen Guiley writes:

"Philip J. Imbrogno has informed me that he is withdrawing from the paranormal and will no longer be involved in research, including the Djinn. I am of course continuing my own research in this fascinating and little-explored topic, and we are still offering copies of “The Vengeful Djinn” signed by both of us."

Authors | Vengeful Djinn

Why?
Has he made a statement for his publishers?
Is he going out of UFOs too, or just PSI stuff?

Those two sentences is all to be had on it at the moment. This is a major development so it would seem logical that someone is going to be trying to get a statement of some kind or an interview from him on it.

Those two sentences is all to be had on it at the moment. This is a major development so it would seem logical that someone is going to be trying to get a statement of some kind or an interview from him on it.

If he's left the field though, I doubt that he would come on a paranormal show to discuss it.

I'm reading through the Vengeful Djinn. Not really to impressed right now. Mostly alot of quotes from the Koran and stories and what if's. I keep picking it up and putting it back down.

I'm reading through the Vengeful Djinn. Not really to impressed right now. Mostly alot of quotes from the Koran and stories and what if's. I keep picking it up and putting it back down.

I confess to enjoying listening to Imbrogno and have sought out and listened to about every interview he has out there. I admittedly balk at about half the stuff he says but that is about par for the course for me.

Phil is a major researcher going back decades who has written key books like Hudson Valley. In his last interview he mentioned having several books in the pipe as well.

This announcement is a major paranormal news story to be sure.

Hmm. Interesting. Maybe I could ask him, however I'm not sure he'd feel obligated to answer me.

Does anyone know what the last Imbrogno interview was? I think this was recorded on 6/9/11 and the bio page changed sometime after June 11th.

Well, that's odd. The guy has been all over the place lately, publishing a flurry of books, etc. Then all of a sudden, "I'm done?" Interested to know the reason.

It is odd. I've checked some other sites but there doesn't seem to be any other news about it so far.

Good riddance.

Can you please provide us with some key points on Imbrogno's beliefs and/or research that explain why you are so happy to see Imbrogno go? Something specific, not just ( go read his books or listen to his interview ) we know we can do that. I'd like something from your perspective that you think really makes him deserve that level of disrespect.

Thanks,

j.r.

This is a pretty weighty matter. You certainly don't pitch your life's work on a whim. I hope that everyone involved or interested keep that in mind as well as understand that at length truth will out. I can't hope but think that Mr. Imbrogno will make a public statement in way of interview or letter explaining the circumstances surrounding these developments. This evening, I am struck by the notion of defining moments for individuals, communities, and the perceived philosophical divide between skeptic and believer.

Can you please provide us with some key points on Imbrogno's beliefs and/or research that explain why you are so happy to see Imbrogno go? Something specific, not just ( go read his books or listen to his interview ) we know we can do that. I'd like something from your perspective that you think really makes him deserve that level of disrespect.

Thanks,

j.r.

I can't speak for Ron but what I've noticed is that Phil's interviews tend to be more entertaining than others because he always has a lot of personal stories to tell. He has so many that you can get the impression that the paranormal follows this guy around everywhere. Other researchers can go a lifetime without seeing/experiencing anything odd, just collecting stories, but Phil often has stories to tell as interesting as his witnesses'. Of course, he never provides a shred of evidence for any of it and I'm guessing that may be Ron's problem with him. Then there is his pretty out there theorizing. Where some of us are still trying to figure out whether or not ANY paranormal claims are even true at all Phil seems to have left that fork in the road behind him a long time ago.

Umm....I say this half-jokingly, but maybe a Djinn got to him?
I mean, he did say Djinns didnt fool around, and were very dangerous.
Maybe they didnt like his critique?

Or maybe some religious fanatic threatened him for writing about the Djinn. Who knows? Could be just about anything I suppose.

Every bit of humor ( or at least good humor ) contains an element of truth. I've had veiled threats from unknown sources claiming to have "inside knowledge". Imrogno is much higher profile, so who knows? It's not unreasonable to make that point. It's the first thing that crossed my mind. But of course, we can't just jump to that conclusion either.

j.r.

Hopefully he'll make a statement of his own. It seems odd -- a writer can withdraw from a subject by simply not writing about it anymore. No need to burn bridges.

I for one enjoyed his books and his out of the box thinking. Its a shame hes leaving the field, happy trails Phil.

Thanks,

j.r.

For now it remains a personal matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back