• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Philip Imbrogno Interview (With Binall)

Anaximander

Skilled Investigator
Hey Folks,

I'm about two thirds of the way through the interview that Mr Imrogno did on Binall of America and I gotta say, it is a good'un.

That being the case I thought Id bring it to your attention and post the link to the show - I know I'm not the only Imbrogno fan around here :D :

binnall of america : audio

Full Preview:

We kick things off by scratching at the surface of Phil's remarkable career studying high strangeness by finding out what originally sparked his interest and how his career as an investigator evolved over three decades in the paranormal trenches. Phil provides a fascinating glimpse of what the UFO research scene was like in the mid-1970's when he first became actively involved in UFO studies. We then discuss Phil's transformation from a 'nuts and bolts' mindset to something more akin to examining the paranormal aspects of UFOs. This leads to some discussion on the difficulties in using 'mainstream' science to study the UFO phenomenon.

The conversation then turns towards the need to abandon specialization in paranormal research and begin connecting all the genres into a more unified field. This leads to some discussion on the potential benefits of giving a closer examination to UFO witnesses and how they react to their paranormal encounter. Diving in to some of the topics found in Phil's latest book, we talk about the apparent change in UFO shape from classic 'flying saucers' to black triangles and what that change might signify.

We then examine one bizarre trend that Phil's research has uncovered: that encounters with reptilians are surprisingly more prevalent than 'mainstream' Ufology and abduction research seem to suggest. This leads to some discussion on Nordics as well as why Reptilians seem to veritably under reported in UFO literature. This leads to some discussion on the importance of outlier cases in Ufology as well as some insight into the origins of Phil's study of the Stone Chambers of Hudson Valley. This leads to us talking about how the insights of the Native Americans may be critical to finding fresh clues as to the nature of paranormal mysteries.

Next we look at Phil's research into the controversial and enigmatic area of channeling. Specifically, he talks about his investigation of Dean Fagerstrom, who allegedly channeled amazingly detailed technical diagrams as well as other remarkable information from some mysterious entity named 'Donestra.' In classic BoA:Audio style, we turn the floor over to Phil as he goes in-depth on detailing this mind-blowing case and provides some tremendous first-hand information on Fagerstrom's stunning revelations and abilities apparently gleaned from channeling. Following that, Phil talks about some of the issues he has with channeling that make the practice suspect. He also shares the tale of how 'Donestra' appeared at a completely separate channeling session to 'personally' issue a bizarre warning to Phil.

Our discussion then turns towards the research of the late John Keel, who was Phil's friend, and how Phil's research differs from Keel's work. Phil also shares some hilarious observations from Keel about the world of UFO studies. This turns to some talk about the world of Ufology and Phil talks about what would be an ideal method of unlocking the phenomenon and how a similar concept had already been tried in the past.

Looking at Phil's ongoing research into the jinn, we specifically target the rumor, which Phil has heard on a handful of occasions, that the governments of Saudi Arabia and the United States are actively trying to capture an interdimensional being. This tangent ends with us discussing the idea of a secret faction within the government that looks at the paranormal and Phil shares some stories that suggest elements of this concept. We also find out about Phil's investigation into Steward Airport, where suspicious, surreptitious events seemed to be taking place in the past, including massive shipments of cattle being sent there.

I enjoy Tim's show and he is a (from what I can tell) very nice and sincere person and host. But, and I've mentioned this over there so I'm not being snarky at all. The one thing that runs me nuts is Tim gives such an exhaustive preview of the interviews that it almost gives away the plot. :) Almost like a movie trailer that shows the whole ending before you even see the film. But, of course the actual interview is always a good long and in depth one so I can get over that one pet peeve of mine. Anyway, I do enjoy his shows and I'll have to download this interview. Sounds like a good one. :cool:

FYI

Rosemary E Guilley joins me tonight and on Friday she and Imbrogno join me to discuss their just published book on the Djhinn ... only on Dark Matters Radio.

Decker

FYI

Rosemary E Guilley joins me tonight and on Friday she and Imbrogno join me to discuss their just published book on the Djhinn ... only on Dark Matters Radio.

Decker
Only? fwiw: I had a great time meeting (and enjoyed getting to know) REG at the recent IUFOC and she's looking forward to her and Phil discussing their new book The Vengeful Djinn on the Paracast.
We also discussed a May road trip to a four-corners hot spot locale to rustle up some data and see the sites. I'm looking forward to working with Rosemary--she's the real deal and I look forward to introducing her impressive work to the Paracast audience.

Is this the lady who says that her childhood friends were fairies? Looking forward to the "data".
Cool! So you are volunteering to log the data? We'll be geared up and we might need an assistant...
Speaking of the last show, I'm sure no one else was even slightly disturbed by the glowing words from the co-host for the Open Minds people.
Hey, they pulled off a huge job putting on a hugely successful event, got a problem w/ that? Just because I pointed out that they were able to move the International UFO Congress to a new venue plus create a new level of credibility, it doesn't mean that I (personally) don't have a major problem w/ the true-believer vibe of some of their editorial choices around specific cases, etc. They are a well-funded, well-meaning organization that IMO is looking for a critical prescription for their analytical glasses and I sense they are open to ideas and suggestions. Do you have any ideas? Or are you totally invested in your dismissive attitude and not a part of the solution. etc

This is easily one of my favorite paranormal researchers. He wipes the floor with some of the others out there. I like his open-mindedness and his extensive historical research into all things paranormal. If you guys haven't read one of his books you should, they are not perfectly written but cover a plethora of the paranormal without coming to absurd conclusions.

Chris, just send me the fairy pictures and I will log them--try to be sure that you don't let the rainbow bridge throw off the F-Stop.

Lance. These works might help you understand what a fairy is. As you'll never get close to that answer reading a UFO book I'm Afraid.

AKA Mary Jones The Tuatha de Dannan ( fairies)

Wikimedia Error

The Book of Leinster (Irish Lebor Laignech), is a medieval Irish manuscript compiled ca. 1160 and now
kept in Trinity College, Dublin, under the shelfmark MS H 2.18 (cat. 1339). It was formerly known as the Lebor na Nuachongbála "Book of Nuachongbáil", a monastic site known today as Oughaval.
Some fragments of the book, such as the Martyrology of Tallaght, are now in the collection of University College, Dublin.[1]

ww.ria.ie/library/special-collections/manuscripts/book-of-fermoy.aspx

Written in Irish at Castletownroche, near Fermoy, Co. Cork, by several scribes including Domhnall Ó L(e)(ighin), Uilliam Ó hIcedha, Dáibith Ó Du(ib...) and Torna Uí M(h)aoil Chonaire. It contains a fragment of Lebor Gabála, a collection of poems and material relating to the Roche family, poems of Gearóid Iarla, lives of saints, historical tracts, genealogies, mythological tales and fragments of medical treatises.

The writing is in double columns and three hands of medical scribes of the 15th century are distinguishable, viz.: a coarse bookhand (pp 1-16), a distinct small neat upright hand (pp 147-51), and a cursive hand (pp 217-24). There are simple decorated capital letters and spaces left for decorations which were never inserted.

.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Ballymote
he first page of the work contains a drawing of Noah's Ark. The first written page is lost, and the second page describes the ages of the world. After this follows
a description of the history of the History of the Jews (2r)
a life of Saint Patrick (6r)
a copy of the Lebor Gabála Érenn (8r)
Tecosca Cormaic "The Instructions of King Cormac" and other stories concerning king Cormac mac Airt
Triads of Ireland
stories of Fionn Mac Cumhail and Brian Borumh
various genealogies of clans and kings
Christian kings of Ulster (34v)
Christian kings of Leinster (35v)

Just because I pointed out that they were able to move the International UFO Congress to a new venue plus create a new level of credibility, it doesn't mean that I (personally) don't have a major problem w/ the true-believer vibe of some of their editorial choices around specific cases, etc. They are a well-funded, well-meaning organization that IMO is looking for a critical prescription for their analytical glasses and I sense they are open to ideas and suggestions. Do you have any ideas?

The work that Open Minds has had Michael Schratt put into repackaging the ridiculous and long ago debunked Dan Burisch/Crain/Catselas story seems to indicate a real problem don't you think? How can they expect to have any credibility when they are obviously ignoring the work that has already been done exposing Burisch/Crain/Catselas? Even if you ignore the work of UFO magazine and George Knapp you still have to check your critical thinking at the door to believe that Dan Crain (as he is now calling himself) and his wife Marci are the ex-MJ12 micro biologist super-spy operatives they claim to be in Marci’s youTube channel videos! It is absolutely ridiculous and that is being nice about it. I’ve written Schratt and Open Minds about this case and you know what their response is? They have “proof” of Dan and Marci’s PHDs in a safe somewhere. That is the extent of their argument. Dan and Marci have flashed some papers and “Open Minds” brains fell out on the floor. Discussions with Bill Ryan of Project Camelot result in the same thing. “I’ve seen his bona-fides!” says Bill. Project Camelot and Open Minds apparently have the same standards of evidence. If the organization can be taken in by such an obvious confidence man how can we expected to take them seriously no matter how good their intentions? Open Minds would do better to promote Marci Crain's Blackjack Card Counting videos (search youTube for Blackjack Card Counting part 1 - BJ Wolf Underground.) Maybe when they get that new perscription they should get a pair without the rosey tint.

My suggestion to Open Minds is to stop parading known hoaxers (no matter how glossy and professional the presentation) in front of people. It’s like someone taking a whiz on your leg while telling you that it is raining.

Many people here care and 'observe' I bet, I still think most people (at least most of those registered) have their BS detector set to high and at least have a grasp about any subject at hand.

Criticism on here doesn't seem to be in short supply neither which is a great thing.

One thing I would say to both the true believers in a subject such as u.f.o.'s and true unbelievers in a given subject be it u.f.o.'s or other esoteric subjects. Don't take it all so seriously that you lose site of the fact that it's never gonna be possible to tie everything about life up in a neat little bow and put it on the shelf. So, don't bust a blood vessel trying to prove your logic or faith. Truth is not voted on everyday by the majority. Truth and facts are not always the same thing. I remember (not on this forum) writing something about politics. One of the people who read it stated several "facts" and he had the stats and the facts to back it up. I had written it for goodness sakes. But he missed my meaning entirely because while he had the "facts" he did not have my inner meaning and just couldn't see it. So, he misrepresented my posistion via his "facts." The argument is to the loudest and the strongest and in this world the best posistioned in the halls of power and money. The truth is an on-going journey. As one of my old college instructors once said "You might yell louder than me...but at the end of the day when we turn and walk away from each other. "I'm still right and you are still wrong." :)

Buh the bye she was no slouch...look up a certain film documentary called "And then there were none" about the Native Hawaiian experience. Of course she was not always right either...nobody ever is.

I think it starts with fairies and angels...
A new level of credibility indeed.
Yeah, it starts with you reading Vallee's Passport to Magonia, or Evan-Weitz's Faerie Faith in the Celtic Countries--both of which are impressive, scholarly works. Or go read any number of well-researched, thought-provoking books on the subject Lance. REM has written 45 books, how many have you written, btw? She is truly an inspiration to many and she is a top-notch field investigator. But what do you care? She "believes" in faeries and djinn so she must be wacko. I suspect a tricksterish element triggering paranormal events, so I must be wacko too.

Dude, you need to be reassigned to another board to rain on. You evidently have nothing to offer us that is anything but close-minded, contentious, baiting and naysaying, and it shows. We live in a world that contains things that you couldn't possibly fathom and your answer is to cover your eyes, plug your ears and say naa-naa-naaaa-naaaa. It is sad really: If you think the show has stooped to a new low, don't listen! But you do. If you can't stand the subjects, don't post here, go away and find another sand box to soil.

The point is, at least to me. This is a "paranormal" driven site and show. Therefore, the subjects looked at will be out of the mainstream. It's almost like me going to a Montreal Canadiens NHL site and complaining cause I don't like hockey and I want to debate the legitimatecy of anybody who thinks hockey is interesting or fun. :confused: Then getting mad becaue a Canadien fan tells me how great the franchise is (even from my limited southern football lovin viewpoint I can tell you it is a great and legendary franchise.) The point is I could go on an evangelical Christian site because I know a little about Christianity having been raised as a Christian. I could argue with them and point out some of the gaps in what is real or likely and what is more than likely myth. However, all I would do is make an ass of myself. Also, I would never be able to touch the deep inner peace that some folks get from their religion. So, if you think all paranormal is bunk and there is nothing beyond what can be measured in a test tube or the chemical firings of grey matter then I have to ask the age old question. why are you on a deluded silly paranormal board? Now, this is not an attack on Lance or anybody else. It's just my "logical" thought process. Someday the silly little folks like me will die off. Then the species can do away with all the silly little superstitous peons and evolve into that great "Star Trek" mythological natural selection utopia in the sky! After all if a being is not fit will not Natural Selection kill em off anyway? Survivial of the fittest? So, why bust a gut? We silly little beleivers in sky gods and ufo's and esp and all the rest are headed to oblivion anyway right? Of course so are all the rest of ya but that's ok cuz that's how it works when your nothing but a brain fart.

I am doing the opposite of what you suggest.
No Lance, you are hanging out on a board filled w/ people that sense the vast wonder of our as-yet fully defined reality. People you obviously despise. You obviously have an agenda or are in serious need of a life. Twisting my words to belittle me is not a life. This is a thread about Phil Imbrogno. Phil and Rosemary just released a book on the djinn--another wacko, folkloric subject I'm sure you scorn. Let's keep it on topic or close the thread. Personally I'm done here--you can continue to scoff & whine to everyone else if you care to.

Let's keep it on topic or close the thread. Personally I'm done here--you can continue to scoff & whine to everyone else if you care to.

Don't let lance ruin it.

You are according him too much power. We cannot give him the idea that he has the capability the close threads. Mr O'Brien, feeding the trolls is bad enough, you are giving him a reward for his efforts if you let him shut down threads.....

If someone is here to troll people under the guise of skepticism and protecting the innocent minds, then they should have less power - not more.

...but I would also suggest that there are fair more imaginative folks to just spin stories than the sad poseurs promoted by Open Minds ...

Here is my thing with all of this. How long are we going to put up with the same tired retreaded nonsense, explanations, and stories? Why should the Cooper, Lear, Lazar, Burisch, etc., etc. crap continuously be respun and regurgitated?

While I recognize the parallels between folklore, religion, and UFO and paranormal phenomena, I think we have to be very careful in how we approach the subject and talk about it. Certainly we're in much of the same situation today that Arthur Conan Doyle found himself in with the Fox Sisters. People make a lot of claims and present all sorts of theories and evidence. We have to weigh those carefully and reject those things that aren't worthy of the conversation. We wouldn't take someone seriously who thinks perpetual motions machines could explain how UFOs are powered would we?

Maintaining a sense of wonder that allows you suspend disbelief long enough to seriously consider things that at first blush seem absurd is a good thing. However, you have to know when to reel it in.

I apologize if I got us off on a tangent.

Here is my thing with all of this. How long are we going to put up with the same tired retreaded nonsense, explanations, and stories? Why should the Cooper, Lear, Lazar, Burisch, etc., etc. crap continuously be respun and regurgitated?
Who cares? As long as you, or anyone else give comment to it, you give it longevity. If we all know that the subjects are crap, then why give them more forum space by commenting on it. If people are still falling for any of these alleged hoxes/hoaxers, then too bad for them and hopefully they will wake up one day.

Don't let lance ruin it. You are according him too much power. We cannot give him the idea that he has the capability the close threads. Mr O'Brien, feeding the trolls is bad enough, you are giving him a reward for his efforts if you let him shut down threads.....
If someone is here to troll people under the guise of skepticism and protecting the innocent minds, then they should have less power - not more.

I totally agree with Anaximander. He is a known troll. The more you answer his posts, the more power you give him. He only does it to provoke an argument and mostly he gets one.

Back