• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Phil Imbrogno talks more than the usual nonsense about "dimensions"

I too found Phil's "cliff notes" explanation/definition of a "portal" wanting and simplistic. And then (when he brought the term "wormholes" into the conversation), I found myself biting my tongue, shaking my head and grinding my teeth... But, in his defense--this subject of "portals" has NOT been adequately investigated out in the field by anyone/group that has published real scientific data for the rest of us to ponder. NIDS is sitting on a wealth of Sherman Ranch data--rest assured, but until the rest of us aspiring proto-scientists marshal our resources and acquire valid data on our own, we need to continue to take notes and do the field work. I'm sure Ted, Phil, Stan etc will agree: gear, team-members with free time, protocols and a strict scientific regime sure sound nice in theory, but, in the real world--don't forget armchair pilots--the phenomena makes all of us get out of our chairs and walk before we can preen at the races or pontificate in the paddock. I've got a couple of really cool projects I'm working on----any volunteers? :)

So, what would be the empirical (field) research that would verify (or falsify) the statements he made about portals? (genuine question)

I too found Phil's "cliff notes" explanation/definition of a "portal" wanting and simplistic. And then (when he brought the term "wormholes" into the conversation), I found myself biting my tongue, shaking my head and grinding my teeth... But, in his defense--this subject of "portals" has NOT been adequately investigated out in the field by anyone/group that has published real scientific data for the rest of us to ponder. NIDS is sitting on a wealth of Sherman Ranch data--rest assured, but until the rest of us aspiring proto-scientists marshal our resources and acquire valid data on our own, we need to continue to take notes and do the field work. I'm sure Ted, Phil, Stan etc will agree: gear, team-members with free time, protocols and a strict scientific regime sure sound nice in theory, but, in the real world--don't forget armchair pilots--the phenomena makes all of us get out of our chairs and walk before we can preen at the races or pontificate in the paddock. I've got a couple of really cool projects I'm working on----any volunteers? :)

If any of them are located in Texas/Oklahoma/Louisiana, then yes.

Well I rather thought the interview was very good and Gene and Chris questions were spot on. Dr Phil Imbrogno at least looks for answers and does the leg work. Its easy to criticize when you have not done the foot work and investigations yourself. Dr Imbrogno even suggested not everyone would like his concepts and ideas . I rather keep an open mind to all possibilities.

Well Done 9/10 Paranormal Detectives.;)

Not many others I am sure are rowing down underground tunnels like Phil has. Or climbing over security fences.

When actual modern physicists discuss subjects such as higher dimensions, they generally have nothing to do with laymen use of "alternate realities" - they are referring to sub-atomic tightly wrapped manifold spaces that have no relation to the 3 macro physical dimensions we experience in space time.

Brian Greene on dimensions.

Yes the Skinwalker Ranch and is their many [sic] videos, pictures and tape recordings Christopher?
Good question. (?) You'll have to go pry open the big ehorse's low mouth for all the copious amounts of data, logs, evidence, etc--let alone any extrapolation off the SWR data... :)
In a perfect world...

Location specific locations are few & far between, and I trust that "good science" has been conducted by NIDS in UT (et al.,) and by other parties at other locales around the world.
I would suspect however that these locations are undoubtedly proverbial halls of mirrors with a quicksand floors and 60s era blacklight wall-paper. I would even bet that the tricksterish nature of the phenomena has run the gear dudes ragged and they don't know whether its coming of going more than half the time and they will be scratching their heads tomorrow. But hopefully somebody at these spots has been diligently logging and organizing all that the data; taking photos, shooting video and maintaining all the gear, month-after-month.

But let's get real folks: I'm sure it is pretty hard for our left-brain scientists to formulate answers to right brain questions when they realize they don't really know what questions they should be asking in the first place. Forest for the trees and all that... IMO, in this realm of potential portals --there are no experts... only trained teams with courageous explorers asking better questions and hopefully fielding good GEAR. But then there is that "rub"--no matter how much quality data you seem to accumulate, or how much you think you think you know the blues, in actuality, you don't know bo diddly, or son house or whatever, etc.

The more you think you know, the more you definitely know you don't know.
Someone should ask Kit Green or Jacques Vallee or Eric Davis or John Alexander or Colm Kelleher, big Bob, Bruce Cornet about what "we've" learned about SWR.
Sounds like a good episode of the Paracast... :)

I live in one of those areas that has apparent heightened paranormal activities. People say it's the mountain that's a sort of portal. I have been living here two years, my wife has lived here for most of her life, neither of us has seen anything even remotely strange. It definitely isn't because I don't believe in this stuff, because when I moved here, I did think that things like Phil Imbrogno was talking about were possible. Now, I can't say that anyone has provided anything concrete to show that these things are happening. However, some of the things he was talking about are being discussed by theoretical physicists, and the experiments they are coming up with are starting to shed some light on certain aspects of what was discussed on this weeks show.
I must say though, I have to completely disagree with the shadow people stuff - way too silly for me.

I live in one of those areas that has apparent heightened paranormal activities. People say it's the mountain that's a sort of portal. I have been living here two years, my wife has lived here for most of her life, neither of us has seen anything even remotely strange. It definitely isn't because I don't believe in this stuff, because when I moved here, I did think that things like Phil Imbrogno was talking about were possible. Now, I can't say that anyone has provided anything concrete to show that these things are happening. However, some of the things he was talking about are being discussed by theoretical physicists, and the experiments they are coming up with are starting to shed some light on certain aspects of what was discussed on this weeks show.
I must say though, I have to completely disagree with the shadow people stuff - way too silly for me.

Shadow People is contentious issue:eek: but like everything else in life until you experience it its hard to comprehend is some ways. 8)Furthermore, the shadow people experience can create very distressing experience for witness and is it a creations of EMP/ chemical reactions within the human body due to intake foods or drinks.

Shadow People is contentious issue:eek: but like everything else in life until you experience it its hard to comprehend is some ways. 8)Furthermore, the shadow people experience can create very distressing experience for witness and is it a creations of EMP/ chemical reactions within the human body due to intake foods or drinks.

The thing is, I've experienced what some people would call a shadow person. Of course it was out of the corner of my eye, and it was an actual shadow.

The thing is, I've experienced what some people would call a shadow person. Of course it was out of the corner of my eye, and it was an actual shadow.

Interesting indeed and the ones I have experience were uneven shapes these made sounds howling and some hooded beings like dwarf size but no facial features just darkness. But this types produce no sounds and it seems that these shadow people evaporate into the light and is it actually emp or gas formation of unseen eye in the atmosphere with in the room which mixes with our visions. They seem to use the actions of "Trickster" like Christopher suggests.

Interesting indeed and the ones I have experience were uneven shapes these made sounds howling and some hooded beings like dwarf size but no facial features just darkness. But this types produce no sounds and it seems that these shadow people evaporate into the light and is it actually emp or gas formation of unseen eye in the atmosphere with in the room which mixes with our visions. They seem to use the actions of "Trickster" like Christopher suggests.

I have not experienced anything like that and I doubt I ever will.

Originally Posted by DamnDirtyApe
When actual modern physicists discuss subjects such as higher dimensions, they generally have nothing to do with laymen use of "alternate realities" - they are referring to sub-atomic tightly wrapped manifold spaces that have no relation to the 3 macro physical dimensions we experience in space time.
One of the problems you get into when you discuss this sort of thing is the problem of the human mind. The human brain/mind constructs everything we perceive out of its own substance using chemical/electrical signals (code) from the senses as guides. For example: Your experience is that there is a computer screen in front of you with words on it. In reality you are actually perceiving a representation of a screen with words on it constructed of your own mind itself. The color, texture, and even the dimensions of the thing are entirely composed of and represented by brain/mind matter itself. The 3D Virtual reality world that you perceive is actually your own mind. Therefore the real world need not and is most likely not anything at all like the world we perceive. It isn't even a subset, its a transposition into something else entirely where things like "color" and "sound" are manufactured to symbolize or represent electromagnetic radiation or mechanical vibration of a given frequency. The 3 dimensions that human minds construct to represent reality aren't true representations of the multi-dimensional reality its just the construct or interface through which we interact with reality as a whole. I think science sometimes doesn't factor in the human beings 3D virtual reality interface that is used to operate within full-spectrum (including the full electro-magnetic and dimensional bandwidth) reality. Any observations we make about "Reality" must be made with the knowledge that it can never be directly perceived and all we know of it is what our mind constructs to represent it. Sorry ... I'm rambling.

One of the problems you get into when you discuss this sort of thing is the problem of the human mind. The human brain/mind constructs everything we perceive out of its own substance using chemical/electrical signals (code) from the senses as guides. For example: Your experience is that there is a computer screen in front of you with words on it. In reality you are actually perceiving a representation of a screen with words on it constructed of your own mind itself. The color, texture, and even the dimensions of the thing are entirely composed of and represented by brain/mind matter itself. The 3D Virtual reality world that you perceive is actually your own mind. Therefore the real world need not and is most likely not anything at all like the world we perceive. It isn't even a subset, its a transposition into something else entirely where things like "color" and "sound" are manufactured to symbolize or represent electromagnetic radiation or mechanical vibration of a given frequency. The 3 dimensions that human minds construct to represent reality aren't true representations of the multi-dimensional reality its just the construct or interface through which we interact with reality as a whole. I think science sometimes doesn't factor in the human beings 3D virtual reality interface that is used to operate within full-spectrum (including the full electro-magnetic and dimensional bandwidth) reality. Any observations we make about "Reality" must be made with the knowledge that it can never be directly perceived and all we know of it is what our mind constructs to represent it. Sorry ... I'm rambling.

Science is a tool for education and control. It has given humanity the gift in treating natural disease but also helped in civilization destruction regarding biological agents and weapons. Furthermore, science is part of many subjects which are tools of expansion, freedom ? and control . So as humans we rely on other humans to gives us the so called the pyramid keys of enlightenment. Maybe , your right regarding the human Brain has the "Trickster" mechnism which feeds on emp but who knows the world is governed by power not freedom of thoughts.

I thought this was an excellent interview, but at the same sense, the criticizm's regarding quantum mechanics at the beginning of this thread are golden. String theory, bane mechanics, M theory, etc...are mathmatical theories that, as of yet, have zero foundation in the material world. If mathmatical models hadn't been so consistent in these theories, they'd still be considered hypotheses. I run into this a LOT in the ghosthunting world, where people at convensions and at seminars stand in front of a group of wide-eyed ghost hunters and "talk science." Inevitably it has to do with portals and quantum mechanics that will explain all of this away. Everytime I give my own little talk, I always temper the theories in a heavy way.

I enjoyed the interview, but I felt an inward cringe when Phil brought up the portal/wormhole thing. To me, portals represent more of the mystical than wormholes, which to me can actually be constructed at a future time, given the availability (or feasibility) of negative matter of course.

The Air Force airlifting livestock was a hoot! :D

This will sound vague, but for a reason...I think Mr. Imbrogno is right in a lot of his hypothesis' ,coming from a western point of esoteric tradition, I'd love to talk to him. :)

Back