• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Phil Imbrogno talks more than the usual nonsense about "dimensions"

I'll be the first to admit I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, so could someone explain in laymen's terms how a being from another dimension could even maintain its own existence if it were suddenly sucked into our dimension? For example, if a being that exists in 3 dimensions were to be transported into a 2-dimensional universe, wouldn't it be immediately obliterated?

1210346461_0989.jpg

I'll be the first to admit I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, so could someone explain in laymen's terms how a being from another dimension could even maintain its own existence if it were suddenly sucked into our dimension? For example, if a being that exists in 3 dimensions were to be transported into a 2-dimensional universe, wouldn't it be immediately obliterated?

1210346461_0989.jpg

I don't know if it will give you a deeper understanding of the matter, but IOT North America

Your question is simultaneously right and wrong. As already discussed, there are no "dimensions" as such when it comes to things like 2D or 3D, these are just terms we use to describe things which are either flat or not. However how a being from an alternate reality could survive here is a question worth asking. Wouldn't even a slight difference in how physics operates there as opposed to here result in total annihilation? Like the Tootsie pop connundrum, we may NEVER know...

There is an old Outer Limits episode that deals with this problem. I think it was called Eccck.

Thanks for the writing and ESPECIALLY the video, CapnG!

Why can't they make TV shows the way they used to?! *(Sigh.....)

Back