• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Osama bin laden dead?

Free episodes:

amazing display of sheepmanship angel... you have been programmed well.

As usual, since you have nothing to say, you call me a "sheeple."
You've never been able to back up the garbage you think you're right about. And when you do, you misquote someone, or post a link to a useless blog. It's sad.

Guys guys guys. You're all missing the most important point. Only after the inevitable South Park episode concerning this event airs will we know what we should really think. Matt and Trey will reveal the grand design as well as Cartman's involvement. You just know that little shit is in this up to his fat little chin. Until then we are all jumping the gun. Oh yes.

You've never been able to back up the garbage you think you're right about. And when you do, you misquote someone, or post a link to a useless blog. It's sad.

please list all garbage i think i am right about and we can discuss one at a time. as you know, i have no problem admitting when i am wrong.

please list all garbage i think i am right about and we can discuss one at a time. as you know, i have no problem admitting when i am wrong.

I did, in post number 78.
However, we don't want to go off topic, so if you do want to discuss those things, just start a new thread explaining why you are right and why the "sheeple" are wrong.

Working Title: Why the Sheeple are Wrong

You can provide all your proof and links to sources that show the conventional sources i refer to for my info are wrong and why yours are right.

I have no problem admitting I am wrong either.
I used to think that Global Warming was a myth, that 9/11 was an inside job, that aliens were abducting people, etc. I can admit I was wrong about that because evidence shows me otherwise.
Thanks.

I did, in post number 78.
However, we don't want to go off topic, so if you do want to discuss those things, just start a new thread explaining why you are right and why the "sheeple" are wrong.

Working Title: Why the Sheeple are Wrong

You can provide all your proof and links to sources that show the conventional sources i refer to for my info are wrong and why yours are right.

I have no problem admitting I am wrong either.
I used to think that Global Warming was a myth, that 9/11 was an inside job, that aliens were abducting people, etc. I can admit I was wrong about that because evidence shows me otherwise.
Thanks.

i agree, global warming is not a myth. it, like climate change is very real.

The mediatized culture in which we live produces information at such a rate that virtuality becomes a problem. If you trust that the newspapers and TV channels double-check the data they receive and have reliable sources, then you'll have no problem in taking what they say as true or, at least, valid. Otherwise, if you think that the media constitute a tool to manipulate public opinion you'll find it hard to believe the information they broadcast. It's virtually impossible to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that Bin Laden is dead. On the first place who was he? All we saw of him were a few videos where he babbled about his beliefs. Even if his body was placed in front of us we wouldn't be able to positively identify him. DNA evidence is much more trustworthy, but if you add a lack of trust in the official authorities to the disbelief in the media, what you get is a huge question mark that will never fade away.
In the end, wether we believe the official story or simply discard it, it all comes down to the level of one's trust in the media and the government. What constitutes definitive proof of a certain claim? Photos and videos? Those can be easily staged. Lab test results? A conspiracy theorist can claim that such material can also be faked and/or manipulated.
When I read news of Bin Laden's death I recalled the news of Hitler's death. Bin Laden's corpse disappeared in the ocean. Hitler's corpse disappeared in the shadowy mists of USSR's woodlands. There will always be people saying that Bin Laden is alive, as many as those that claim that Hitler never died in that Berlin bunker.

There will always be people saying that Bin Laden is alive, as many as those that claim that Hitler never died in that Berlin bunker.

That is true.
If someone wants to call me a "sheeple" for trusting multiple news sources, I'll have to accept that. Unless someone proves it otherwise, I'll be okay with what I heard from Obama.

Yeah, you really need to look at adopting a policy for pure trolls. Mine is to just totally ignore them and pretend that they don't exist. These kinds of people are not here to discuss anything.

would you care to discuss this?

And you know this — how?

OK, since we're all into wacky conspiracy theories, here's the one about the ET/Bin Ladin connection:

The Navy SEALS who engaged in that commando operation used night vision goggles.

According to the late Col. Philip Corso, night vision goggles were invented using reverse engineered alien technology.

I rest my case.

Or case my rest. :D

And you know this — how?

OK, since we're all into wacky conspiracy theories, here's the one about the ET/Bin Ladin connection:

The Navy SEALS who engaged in that commando operation used night vision goggles.

According to the late Col. Philip Corso, night vision goggles were invented using reverse engineered alien technology.

I rest my case.

Or case my rest. :D

Gene, "Ladin" in Arabic means "dead for years" Thus we get Osama bin Dead for years... jeez.

This story hasn't actually gone into conspiracy theory land yet. It's "new" news. We don't know everything. People legimately want to know the 4 Ws and the H.

"Why wasn't Bin Laden taken alive?" I read something where he was told to surrender or be killed. Why couldn't he be taken alive? He would have information that would be really useful in stopping further Al-Quaeda terrorism. If there is a good reason why Bin Laden couldn't be taken alive, I want to know. I am willing to accept a good reason.

"Why was Bin Laden buried quickly at sea?" U.S. officials say it's because they wanted to respect Muslim burial traditions. But there are imams who are saying they didn't respect their traditions properly anyway. Burial should be at land. U.S.officials say they couldn't get anyone to accept his body. Uh, hello...how about Guantanamo? It's land, we own it, and I'm sure the service members there would like to see his grave.

The problem with this may simply be that the whole post-mortem thing has been handled poorly by the U.S. They really appear to have been rushing without giving matters serious consideration. There may be Muslim traditions that should be followed -- but security matters should take precedence.The U.S. hasn't exactly been sensitive to Muslim traditions in much less serious matters in the past.

The final matter is that whether there is a conspiracy to have a theory about or not, Americans are no longer so trusting of their government and their military -- and rightly so given the way both have conducted themselves since 9/11. Americans are not going to just say "okay" and shut up. It is actually a very American thing to question authority and question the authorities -- at least in the America that I pledge allegiance to.

I sleep a lot better at night knowing these guys, these most exceptional, anonymous American warriors are out there with their guns in the fight.

In times of war or uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation’s call. A common man with uncommon desire to succeed.

Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America’s finest special operations forces to serve his country, the American people, and protect their way of life.

I am that man.

My Trident is a symbol of honor and heritage. Bestowed upon me by the heroes that have gone before, it embodies the trust of those I have sworn to protect. By wearing the Trident I accept the responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life. It is a privilege that I must earn every day.

My loyalty to Country and Team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own.

I serve with honor on and off the battlefield. The ability to control my emotions and my actions, regardless of circumstance, sets me apart from other men.

Uncompromising integrity is my standard. My character and honor are steadfast. My word is my bond.

We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates and accomplish the mission. I lead by example in all situations.

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.

We demand discipline. We expect innovation. The lives of my teammates and the success of our mission depend on me - my technical skill, tactical proficiency, and attention to detail. My training is never complete.

We train for war and fight to win. I stand ready to bring the full spectrum of combat power to bear in order to achieve my mission and the goals established by my country. The execution of my duties will be swift and violent when required yet guided by the very principles that I serve to defend.

Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold. In the worst of conditions, the legacy of my teammates steadies my resolve and silently guides my every deed. I will not fail.

800px-US_Navy_020212-N-6550T-016_Navy_SEAL_in_Afghanistan.jpg

Back