• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Omg mib bs lmaorof

P

pixelsmith

I am so sick of hearing about MIB... Black cars, black hub caps, black windows, black hats, black glasses, black shoes, black socks, black underwear, black everything... what a bunch of BS.

I have not listened to the show yet but I have heard 2 first hand stories of the MIB from 2 separate sources years apart. I trust one implicitly. The other.... he may actually be full of shit. The story from the person I trust was weird. I was told that the memory of the conversation was clear. The room and things in it are clear. But the memory of the supposed MIB is blurry but they still get the feeling that something was amiss about them. They cant remember if it was a physical weirdness or a demeanor weirdness or both. It was a very strange story. No threats levied. Just an innocuous interview that lasted about 30 minutes. But no memory of how they identified themselves or why this person felt the need to speak to them. Its shit like that this that just adds to the folklore.

I don't know too much about the MIB except for what I've caught in snippets on the show. I'm not one to believe in a GUT (Grand Unified Theory) when it comes to paranormal myself, but it's another aspect that's pushed pretty heavily on the programs these days. I just don't buy the believe that haunting activity, UFO phenomena, and cryptozoological activity is all tied together, however, that being said I don't think I'm such a piss-poor investigator that if I was following up on a ghost sighting I would disregard the client's claim that they say a UFO around the same time. I would certainly note that and question the client about that as well, even though my group is more oriented toward the haunting phenomena.

The first-hand experience related on the program was pretty compelling, though I'd have to say as a ghost hunter I'm not impressed with tales of haunted cemeteries. I'm from the school that doubts cemetery hauntings just because they're cemeteries. Now if there's history behind the property, say a church on the grounds or some other documented activity that could associate a haunting to the cemetery, then I'm a bit more prone to think that something could be happening there. I've heard from some ghost hunters that they believe most cemeteries are haunted by something dark and negative. Again, I've not seen evidence of that myself.

I'm not quite done with the episode yet but so far it's entertaining. At first I thought it was going to be a bunch of old(er) guys arguing for air-time, but it's moved into a more civil atmosphere. Overall I would say there's enough claims and reports of MIB activity to follow up on it, but the fact that it's strongly believed the whole thing is made up adds that air of serious caution to the whole ordeal.

Gene & Christopher & Guests round table was quite interesting on historical aspect of the so called MIB which witness have experienced during or after paranormal appearances which seem to scare the crap out of its victims. Good round table show with a lot of experienced researchers. Are the MIB just poltergeist/shadow people or just some secret religious/atheist/corp group that seeks to keep the majority of the population out of the loop when encounters happen? Just purchased Nick Refern's book on NASA and maybe Nick can pop in and give us his thoughts on the forum again on MIB & NASA:)

Peace,
Blowfish

The interview with Bill Moore that Greg mentions is well worth tracking down and reading. I think he was probably closer to the truth that some might think.

I am so sick of hearing about MIB... Black cars, black hub caps, black windows, black hats, black glasses, black shoes, black socks, black underwear, black everything... what a bunch of BS.

Yeah....but 2 cool films though!...And a third is supposed to be out soon......

(Sorry couldn't resist....I must stop being so flippant.....Serious replies from me to resume soon).

The interview with Bill Moore that Greg mentions is well worth tracking down and reading. I think he was probably closer to the truth that some might think.

That'd be one case that differs from the ones where Bill Moore knew exactly what the truth was because he was the one doing the lying...
It's so frustrating that Moore permanently muddied the pool (and probably poisoned the well) and destroyed his own credibility, because aside from the other unfortunate effects it makes it very hard to know when if ever we should take what he says seriously.

the truth that some might think. I found this one but I'm gonna have to read it later. Is it the one you mean?

Yes I think it is. That doesn't give you the entire interview though. It is also in Wake Up Down There!, The Excluded Middle Anthology, which I highly recommend.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

It's so frustrating that Moore permanently muddied the pool (and probably poisoned the well) and destroyed his own credibility, because aside from the other unfortunate effects it makes it very hard to know when if ever we should take what he says seriously.

I've always felt the same way. I think revisiting Moore is worth doing though. A current update from the guy would really be interesting. He admittedly compromised himself to get the inside scoop, but in doing he obviously learned only what they wanted him to learn. Nevertheless what happened with Moore and what he had to say about it is significant IMHO and an interesting piece in the overall puzzle. The information passed to him may be questionable but the events and circumstances tell a story which has great significance to Ufology or U-fool-ogee.

Black is common color of the uniform worn by occupants seen around unknown- objects on the ground. I believe of the top of my head, I might be wrong, but wasn't one of Barney aliens, wearing a brown-black style of clothing, also the case from Africa were dozens of school children saw creatures beings-men around a silvery disc object, well allegedly the aliens seen there were wearing black uniforms! That just two cases of the of the top of my head, well there probably is plenty more to be found.

I not against the belief such people or whatever exist for real, it obvious we have phenomenon interacting with people since the dawn of culture, it all that surprising, people would come across government types now and again and there dressed like the blues-brothers. I not sure if any of this is paranormal, i have hard-time believing vanishing black vehicles, but I open-minded not willing to call bullshit on something that might have happened to the person claiming it.

The lady telling the story sounded sincere to me, and she was telling lot of this stuff on hear-say heard later from a friend. Her own stories experiences sounded genuine without knowing her personally to judge properly, but she'd never once sounded like a crazy fanatic to me at least though. I have never been a fan of Tim Beckley, but he came across ok with this interview. I liked Allen Greenfield theories on Fairy lore, it was short, but i think his line of thinking is the correct one. Also Gene and Chris and Greg were good as ever, asking good questions.,

I'm listening to this episode right now. Mr. Greenfield sounds really defensive about his MIB story.

You know, even though I highly doubt that there are ghosts or anything like that, I would probably creeped out by spending the night in a "haunted" cemetery. My brain would be playing all kinds of tricks on me.

Allen doesn't like to be disputed. I respect him highly, and consider him one of my closest friends. But I wonder about the fellow who vanished around the corner. I'd like to look at that corner, because there are probably places he could have gone into without resorting to psychic phenomena.

I'm listening to this episode right now. Mr. Greenfield sounds really defensive about his MIB story.

You know, even though I highly doubt that there are ghosts or anything like that, I would probably creeped out by spending the night in a "haunted" cemetery. My brain would be playing all kinds of tricks on me.

Yeah, I always thought my brain was the smartest part of my makeup...then I thought "wait, look what's telling me that!" :p

Allen doesn't like to be disputed. I respect him highly, and consider him one of my closest friends. But I wonder about the fellow who vanished around the corner. I'd like to look at that corner, because there are probably places he could have gone into without resorting to psychic phenomena.

That was my thought exactly Gene.

Back